波士顿法律第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第2集 多年后依然是疯子
日期:2017-01-19 16:41

(单词翻译:单击)

Previously on Boston Legal
前情提要
Hi, I'm Brad chase from D.C. Hi.
你好,我是Brad Chase,华盛顿来的
I think that's my seat.
我想这是我的座位
I'm sorry. We're not territorial about that sort of thing around here, are we?
抱歉,我们来这不是为了争这点东西吧?
I was handling it. I just thought I'd help out.
这件事我正在处理,我只想帮帮忙
That's very nice, but again, I was handling it.
真是绅士,不过,再说一遍,我在处理
So why does it bother you that I'm trying to help?
那你是不满我的帮忙咯?
Wait a minute. You two have had sex. We can't tail the wife.
等等 你们两上过床啦,我们不能跟踪他妻子
Ernie dell is one of our biggest clients.
Ernie Dell是我们最大的客户之一
If he wants a private investigator, what's the real harm?
如果他想找私人侦探,有何不妥?
I'm the one sleeping with his wife. I'm sorry? Sure.
跟他妻子上床的是我,什么?嗯,他视我为笑柄
He makes fun of me. but I'm a big fan of your aqua velva commercials.
但我挺欣赏你的绕口令表演
No, it's not right. He calls me a Ken doll, while he...
这不公平,他叫我肯娃娃,而他...
plays with your barbie?
跟你的芭比娃娃玩?
Completely mindful of the fact that you helped build this place,
让我清楚的记得,你也对创建这个地方功不可没
the partners here will not allow you to dismantle it with your buffoonery.
合伙人决不容许,你的无稽行为毁了这个地方
They're not going to take the firm from you.
他们不会把公司从你身边夺走的
I'm not worried, Lori. Do I look worried?
我根本不担心,Lori,我看起来像在担心吗?
Look out there. My domain. My city.
看看那里,我的领土,我的城市
I'm Denny crane. You have 30 minutes.
我是Denny Crane,探视时间30分钟
I have to say, I find this very strange.
我得说,这样真奇怪
I always thought I'd be the one visiting you in the mental hospital.
我总觉得应该我到精神病院探视你
I'm excited about tomorrow. Please tell me we have a shot.
我很期待明天,拜托你说我们有把握
I don't know how much longer I can take it in here.
我不知道我还能在这里撑多久
We have a shot. I'll get you out.
我们有把握,我会让你出去的
I don't need to hear it, Alan. I need it to happen.
我不要空话,我要事实
The board will question you directly.
委员会将当面向你提问
It's entirely possible they'll try to provoke you.
他们完全有可能试图激怒你
To make sure I'm bombproof?
试探我是否"尥蹶子"?
Sorry? It's an expression with horses.
什么?用来形容马的
To be safe to ride, a horse needs to be bombproof.
马匹必须能保持冷静骑手才安全
It doesn't spook easily.
没那么容易受到惊吓
Can't have one who just flies off.
不会变成脱缰野马
Yes, in addition to not flying off, you need to show contrition.
是的,为了防止挣脱缰绳,你必须变现出忏悔
They like to see that you're sorry.
他们想要看到,你后悔了
I am. I, I am so sorry, so deep, deeply ashamed.
我是,我非常后悔,非常,非常惭愧
How do I say it right? Just like that.
怎么表达才行?就像这样
Christine, you were in love with a man who was unworthy of you,
Christine,你爱上了一个配不上你的男人
who made you doubt everything that you had a right to count on,
他让你怀疑自己应得的一切
who perhaps even toyed with your sanity.
甚至可能扰乱了你的心智
Still no excuse for trying to kill him.
这依然不成为杀他的理由
Perhaps he had it coming. Perhaps you did.
也许是他自找的,也许你确实是
Why is it we agreed to bifurcate the trial?
为什么我们要同意分开审判?
There's been no claim for punitive damage, only compensatory,
虽然只有补偿性要求,还没有惩罚性要求
but our fear was a jury could be so outraged,
但是我们害怕陪审团会气过头
they might artificially inflate compensatories as a de facto puni,
可能会增加赔偿金,从而形成变相的惩罚金
so we opted to bifurcate.
所以我们选择分开审判
Separate juries, one for liability, one for damages. The client concurred.
分开陪审团,一个做债务一个做赔偿金,客户也一样
Do you do tongue push-ups? This is a staff meeting.
你的舌头做过俯卧撑吗?这是工作会议
I encourage all to conduct themselves professionally,
我希望每个人都表现出专业性
keeping in mind that remarks are tantamount to assertive conduct.
要知道主观评价极为武断
Lansing vs. Mahoney...
Lansing对Mahoney一案...
Hospital settled out, deposition of Dr. Mahoney is today,
医患纠纷,Dr.Mahoney案今天庭外取证
we're hoping to make some movement on that as well. Lot of eyes are on us.
我们希望取得进展,很多双眼睛盯着我们
We've got an HMO on the bubble here waiting to see how this lawsuit is restored.
一个卫生维护组织就在这里,等着看这场官司怎么解决
I assume you've prepared for today's deposition.
我想你已经准备好今天的讯问了
Actually, Denny's taking it. Denny's taking the deposition? Yes.
事实上,是Denny在负责,Denny在负责这次庭外取证?是的
Wouldn't it be better to save Denny for trial,
留着Denny庭审时出现不是更好?
roll out the big gun later? Roll out the big gun now,
最后再使出杀手锏,现在就用
this won't be a trial. Move along, Paul. In re Christine polley... Mine.
就用不着上庭了,下一个案子,Paul,关于Christine Polley,归我
Ex-girlfriend tried to kill me. This is the commitment proceeding?
试图杀我的前女友,是认罪程序吗?
She was committed. This hearing is to secure her release.
她已经认罪了,这次听证会是要保她出来
Wait a second. She tried to kill you. She did. And now she wants out.
等等,她试图杀了你,的确,现在她想出来
She does. And you're trying to help her get out. I am.
是的,而你要帮她出来,正是
You're angry with me. I'm just busy, okay?
你在生我的气,我只是很忙,可以吗?
I'm not gonna even discuss the absurdity of representing an ex-lover who tried to kill you,
先不论你替企图杀了自己的,前女友辩护有多荒谬
but how do you not at least tell me?
但是你至少也要告诉我
That isn't something that I should know?
难道我不应该知道这件事情吗?
I wanted to surprise you with it. Do you think it's funny?
我想给你个惊喜,你觉得很有趣吗?
Do you think it's appropriate for me to learn about it in a staff meeting?
你觉得公平吗,在例会上我才知道
Forgive me. As you can imagine, I haven't kept up with...
抱歉,你该知道我不懂怎样维护
the boyfriend/girlfriend regulations. What I can say is she's a client, and a friend...
"恋人关系",我只能说,她是一个客户和朋友
that I'm trying to free from the clutches of an overreaching asylum.
我尽力想把她从疯人院中解救出来
You keep calling it an asylum. This is a psychiatric hospital.
你一直说这里是疯人院,这里是精神病治疗医院
I mean no disrespect, doctor, but the word "hospital" implies treatment.
无意冒犯,医生,但是医院意味着治疗
And she has gotten treatment. Is she less crazy? Excuse me?
而她也得到了治疗,她疯的少点了吗?什么?
As a result of your treatment, is she less crazy?
做为治疗的结果,她是否不太疯了?
Crazy is not a medically recognized term, Mr. Shore.
疯不是被认可的医学名词,Mr.Shore
As I've just explained, Christine has what the DSM refers to as intermittent explosive disorder.
正如我刚才解释的,Christine罹患了DSM规定的,间歇爆发性行为紊乱症
Then please tell us. is she less intermittently explosive?
那请你告诉我们,她有没有乱的少一点?
She has improved. And to what do you attribute that?
有改善,您认为这归功于...?
Primarily the pharmacological regimen. Pills.
首要原因是药物摄取,药片
25 milligrams each of three different anti-psychotics administered three times daily.
三种安定药,每种各25毫克,每天服用三次
Then maybe it's a good thing she's here.
那也许她留在这里是件好事了
That sounds like a very complicated protocol to administer on one's own.
听起来这种药物服用方法,对于病人来说过于复杂
Indeed. How do you know she actually takes these pills?
确实,你怎么知道她确实服下这些药物?
Obviously, we keep very careful records. I'm sure you do.
当然,我们每天都有仔细记录,我想也是
But hypothetically, suppose there was a patient who felt she didn't belong here,
但是假设,有个病人认为自己并不应属于这里
felt that she'd entered your hospital quite troubled,
觉得虽然因为惹了麻烦才进院
but essentially sane, and was being driven insane by this institution.
但精神完全正常,反而要被这家机构逼疯了
Maybe she's a New York university graduate,
也许她一个毕业于纽约大学
a respected attorney, a charming, intelligent, sensitive, funny woman.
受人尊敬的律师,一个充满魅力,聪明,感性,风趣的女子
A fully functional person with the exception of one incident.
一个完全正常仅有一次失误的女子
So each and every time your orderlies come around
所以每次你们的护理员来
with your 75 milligrams of powerful anti-psychotics for her to swallow,
让她服下75毫克的强力安定药片
she hides the tablets under her tongue and saves them.
每次她都藏在了舌下,留了下来
Day after day, a growing collection of thoroughly unnecessary medication
日复一日,积攒起一堆没用的药
that her primary psychiatric caregiver wants to shove down her throat.
而她的首要精神看护专家想要逼她把这些吞下去
Are you asking if this hypothetical scenario could happen? I am.
你是问这些假设会否发生?是的
It could not. We keep very careful records.
不会,我们有严格的记录
Look, I don't see why I need to be present.
我不明白为什么我要在场
A part of her emotional distress claim goes to how you informed her of her husband's death.
对方宣称她的悲痛主要是来自你宣布她丈夫死讯的方式
I've been a surgeon for 30 years.
我做了30多年的外科医生
If there's a pleasant way to tell a family a patient died...
如果有愉快的方式可以通知家属...
we're gonna need your response to her account.
我们需要你对她的指控作出回应
We're in conference room one. We'll be right in. Thank you.
一号会议室,我们马上就到,谢谢
Don't look at him.
别看他
Why can't I just review the transcript? I really don't want to sit in that room.
为什么我不能看证词抄本,我真不想坐在那个屋里
We don't need you to do or say anything.
你不用说话,不用做任何事情
We just need you to sit there and listen.
只要你坐在那里,听就行了
Brad, one second, please. Yeah Excuse me. Yeah.
Brad,请过来一下,抱歉
You can't let him first-chair this deposition.
你不能让他负责这次庭外取证
Paul, he's insisting. First of all, the case could turn on this proceeding,
这是他坚持的,首先,这次讯问事关案子成败
and second, as I mentioned, we have several medical corporations, potential clients,
其次,正如我提到的,有几个医药公司,潜在的客户
taking a keen interest... Hey. Guys. What are we talking about?
在强烈关注...嘿,伙计们,在说什么呢?
Looks interesting from afar. Anything I might enjoy?
远处看到就觉得有意思,有什么好玩的?
What's this case about, Denny?
这件案子讲什么的,Denny?
The deposition you're about to conduct, what's it about again?
你要去主持讯问的案子,是说什么的?
A man died during angioplasty, leaving him dead, tragic.
一个男人在血管重建手术中去世,就这么死去了,一场悲剧
He even described the procedure as common, so for...
他只是很平常的向我描述手术过程
one of your allegations goes to how Dr. Mahoney informed you of the tragic outcome.
你的指控之一是Mahoney医生向你传达死讯的方式
He just came out and said my husband had a cardiac arrest and was dead.
他只是走出来对我说,我丈夫心脏停止跳动,死了
He just turned and walked away.
然后转身走开
But he said he was going to talk to me later.
但他说过晚点会跟我谈谈
Do you make room for the possibility that dr. Mahoney himself was devastated at this time?
你有没想过这种可能,Mahoney医生也正被失败感折磨?
The patient was my husband. Whatever pain he had...
病人是我的丈夫,无论他感到多么痛苦
these are difficult questions. You're, um...
这些问题让人不太好受,你,嗯
40 pounds lighter since before your husband's death? Yes.
比丈夫去世前瘦了有40磅?是的
Dating again? Objection. This certainly has no relevance.
开始约会了?反对,问题与本案无关
All objections have been waived till the trial, except for the form of the question, sport.
在庭审前所有反对都是无效的,除了特定形式问题,伙计
This your first deposition? This is not my first deposition.
第一次庭外取证?当然不是第一次
Well, then play by the rules. Don't make me move for costs, which she'll end up paying.
那就照规矩来,别让我解释太多,这些费用,最终都要她来付的
In this last year, would you say
在最近一年当中,能否说明
you've had more or less sex since the time of your husband's...
你的性生活是增是减,自从你丈夫...
Objection! All right, this is a tough deposition for everybody.
反对,冷静一下,这个过程对谁都很难
Let's just try to get through it. Denny.
大家努力克服完成它好吗? Denny
More or less sex this past year?
这一年来性生活是多还是少了?
My physical relationship with my husband had waned,
我跟我丈夫的身体接触变少
partly because of his heart condition.
部分原因是他的心脏状况
We remained very much in love.
我们仍然深爱对方
And did you go on lots of trips together, you and your husband?
你们是否经出一起外出旅行?
Some. He was very busy with work.
有一些,他总是忙于工作
Did he regularly tell you how incredibly...
他有否经常告诉,你有多么
incredibly beautiful you are?
难以置信的美丽?
Did you wear this perfume when your husband was alive?
你丈夫在世时你也用这款香水吗?
I believe I did. That's magnificent.
我想是的,香味迷人
All right. This deposition is over. Why?
好了,取证到此为止,为什么?
It's over. Come on, Carrie.
结束了,我们走,Carrie
Off to court we go, Cub scout.
今天离开那就法庭再见了,童子军
Oh, we'll be going into court, all right. We're done here.
哦,我们肯定要法庭见的,这里结束了
The fact that she was secretly refusing to take her medication
事实上她一直暗中拒绝服用药物
does not persuade us of progress.
并不能说明她有好转
But it does show she's capable of going six months unmedicated without incident.
但足以说明她在六个月内不服药物也不会引起麻烦
Mr. Shore, you were her lover.
Mr. Shore,你曾是她的爱人
Any bias I might have in favor of Christine would be more than offset by the fact that she tried to kill me.
我对Christine任何的立场偏颇都可被她试图杀我的事实抵消
Frankly, we're insulted by that. It might get you a spot on
坦白讲,我们对此感到气愤,也许这能让你上
"Good morning America," but... I'm trying to get her a spot of freedom.
《早安美国》但是,我只想为她争取些自由
Freedom is a privilege, Mr. Shore, not a right.
自由是一种特权,Mr. Shore,不是权利
A privilege? Yes, and it's revocable, especially if you try to run someone over with an automobile.
特权,是的,是可以取消的,尤其是当你试图开车撞死别人时
Christine polley is well.
Christine Polley是健康的
You have an affidavit from three independent psychiatrists who evaluated her.
你有三位独立精神专家的评估证明
Likely made her sign waivers as soon as you paid them.
他们在你付钱之后,马上就会要她签署撤销书
The only reason you're holding her is you're afraid of being sued should she do something.
你们监禁她的唯一理由是怕她出去后给你们惹上官司
We're afraid she'll hurt herself or someone else, you cynical snot.
我们怕她出去伤害自己或别人,你这个愤青贱人
Is liability to the hospital a factor? Yes.
医院责任是一个因素,当然
We can't treat patients out of bankruptcy.
我们不能因为病人而破产
I hardly see how that makes me a snot.
我不明白为什么我成贱人了
She's in here because of one isolated incident she's not likely to repeat.
她在这里,因为一个永远不会重犯的错误
Oh, you can gaze into some crystal ball... I can gaze into her.
噢,你可以盯着水晶球预言说...我可以盯着她的眼睛
I saw the look in her eyes the day she was brought here.
我看到过她被带来那天的眼神
I saw the look in her eyes which led to her being brought here.
导致她被带进此处的眼神
She had that look then. She does not have it now.
那时候她有,但是现在没有了
Who would be this woman's guardian? Why is no one here to present...
谁将是这位女士的监护人?为什么没人出席?
Her parents would serve as guardians.
她的父母将做为监护人
You'll find their affidavits. They live in Illinois.
你可以找到他们的保证书,他们住在Illinois州
Where Christine would be going upon release. And until she gets to Illinois?
Christine一经释放就会到那里,在她到达Illinois州之前?
Until then, I will be her guardian. Ms. Polley?
在那之前,我将是她的监护人,Ms. Polley?
Well, at the risk of also sounding biased, I agree with him.
虽然有偏见之嫌,我同意他的看法
This is not a parole board. This is not a prison.
这不是假释委员会,这里也不是监狱
As you say, Dr. Gill, this is a hospital, and when patients are healed,
如您所说,Gill医生,这里是医院,当病人痊愈了
they're let out of hospitals. Coffee not good?
他们可以离开医院,咖啡不好喝?
Oh, no, it's, I was just thinking about something.
噢,不是,我只是在想事情
Yeah, I do that. Thinking about what? That's kind of private.
嗯,我也常那么做,想什么?私人问题
You know, I'd stake out a little distance from that Shore guy, Sally.
我会和Shore保持距离,Sally
He tends to leave people's minds a little worse off than he finds them.
他总能让人在遇见他后,变得更加糟糕
His old girlfriend, case in point. You two discussing cases?
他的前女友,绝好的案例,你们在讨论案情吗?
I wasn't aware you provided emotional counsel as well as legal, Lori.
我不知道除了法律之外,你还提供感情咨询,Lori
That's quite a perk. A woman tries to kill you, you go to represent her.
真是精力充沛,一个女人想要杀你,你跑去帮她辩护
You don't think there's a pathology at play here?
你不觉得这样有些病态吗?
I referred to yours. I got the reference, thank you.
我是指你们,我清楚指谁,谢谢
Speaking as an enormously unlikable person,
作为同样惹人讨厌的自己
I find it difficult to maintain grudges against all those who want to kill me, don't you?
我觉得很难去拒绝想杀自己的人,你觉得呢?
Yes, you'll perhaps find that witty comeback in your office.
回办公室慢慢想怎么反击吧
He's got a motion for costs, for sanctions,
他提出费用和制裁申请
he has ordered a transcript so he can read back to the judge what you said today.
他还要求了副本,可以告诉法官,你今天的言论
Good. Then I won't have to bother trying to remember.
很好,那我就不用去记了
Damn it, Denny, you're way out of the line.
该死的,Denny,你做的太过分了
This woman has just lost a husband.
这个女人刚失去了丈夫
You're asking her questions about her sex life, her perfume?
你却问她什么,性生活,香水?
I know what I'm doing. Which is? It'll come to me.
我知道我在做什么,做什么?我会解决的
That lawyer is going to pick you apart in open court tomorrow.
那个律师明天会在庭上把你撕碎
Let him try. Denny crane. Listen to me.
让他试试,我是Denny Crane,听我说
Do you know why I was brought here?
知道为什么我会调到这里?
The firm thinks that you are becoming a liability.
公司认为你已经是个包袱了
They wanted me to control you. Who thinks I'm a liability?
他们想让我压制你,谁认为我是累赘?
It doesn't matter. Who? Denny, you were once something to aspire to.
这无关紧要,谁?Denny,你曾经是激励我的偶像
You're now becoming something to parody.
现在你完全就像滑稽表演
You walk around saying "Denny crane, Denny crane" like it's supposed to
走来走去,口中说着"Denny crane Denny crane"好像这个名字是什么
intimidate or conjure up awe.
威胁或魔咒似的
You're a complete joke.
你完全成了笑话
If that gets me fired, so be it. I'm saying it just the same.
如果你想开除我,随你,但是我还是要这么说
You know why? Because I love you. I adore you.
知道为什么吗?因为我爱你,崇拜你
But it hurts to see you deteriorating into a...
但是我很痛心,看着你沦落成为...
Get the hell out of my office.
滚出我的办公室
You didn't have to get me a hotel room.
你不用替我找宾馆
I didn't. You're staying in my place.
我没有,你正在我的地盘
I beg your pardon? I won't get fresh.
你说什么?我没想调戏你
You live in a hotel? I do.
你住在酒店里?正是
What happened to your big, grotesque house
你那个奇形怪状的大房子呢?
with your more grotesque swimming pool
还有你奇异的游泳池
and your even more grotesque rumpus room? I sold it.
还有更加怪诞的娱乐室?我卖了
I require a lot of fresh towels and nightly turndown service.
我需要很多干净毛巾还有夜间服务
Why would you live in a ho... Oh, I, I see.
你为什么要住在酒...噢,我知道了
The comfort of being able to check out on a whim.
那种兴之所至,随时离去的舒适感
You know, as much as you've explained it, you've never really explained it.
你知道,尽管你解释了那么多,你从来没给出真正的解释
I demand only one thing in a relationship, Christine, that I remain utterly alone.
在恋情中,我只要求一件事,Christine,让我保持完全的自我
Nice out, Alan. I'm sorry?
逃的真妙,什么?
Even in conversation, you always have a nice out.
即使是一段对话,你总能巧妙的逃脱
I did my best to control him.
我尽了全力去控制他
And the other attorney has brought a motion for sanctions?
对方律师提出了对Denny制裁申请?
Which he wants to argue himself. Oh, my god.
他想自己辩护,我的上帝
We count on you to help prevent these kinds of situations, Brad.
我们就是要你防止这种情况,Brad
Paul, I'm a relatively junior partner. Paul
我只是初级合伙人
What exactly do you expect me to do?
你希望我能做什么?
If that man gets up in open court... Excuse me.
如果那个男人站在法庭上...抱歉
The man can still handle himself in court.
他可以在法庭上控制自己
Oh, please. The only possible good that could come from his...
拜托,那样做唯一的好处就是...
Is he adamant about arguing this himself? I'm afraid so. Well...
他坚持自己辩护?我想是的,那么...
I guess we can't say no.
我想我们无法拒绝
His name is still first on the letterhead.
他的名字仍是信笺抬头的首位
Let him argue. We're up early.
让他辩护,我们起的很早啊
I've been up since 6:00, actually.
我六点就起来了,事实上
I've been waiting for you to get up so I could say goodbye.
我一直在等你醒,好跟你说再见
There's a cab outside waiting.
外面有辆出租在等我
I thought your flight's at 11:00.
我以为你的飞机是11点的
I'm going to the airport early.
我想早点去机场
Ridge upped the security to level mauve.
安全级别升到紫色了
Let me drive you. No. I ,I'd prefer to...
我开车送你,不用了,我想...
Thank you for getting me out, for forgiving me.
谢谢你帮我出来,并且原谅我
Well... That's it. Creep.
那么...就这些了,真失败
Better go. Call me when you land.
要走了,下了飞机打电话给我
I just think I should argue it.
我只是觉得该我去辩护
Why, so you can control me? Nobody controls me.
为什么?这样你就能控制我?没人能控制我
Denny, you're the subject of the hearing. Denny
你是这场听证会的目标
I'm certainly going to have more objectivity than... I'll argue the motion.
很明显我能比你更加客观的...这场辩护我来
When Denny crane gets attacked, he stands up for himself.
当Denny crane受到攻击,他会为自己挺身而出
I don't need you or anybody else controlling or protecting me.
我不需要你或者任何人,控制或者保护我
Brad You're not going to court in this state.
Brad,你不能在这种情形下出庭
you can join me or not. Your choice. What's going on?
来不来随你,你自己选,怎么回事?
He still plans to argue it himself.
他还是打算自己辩护
And the partner said let him. I know, but I thought...
合伙人同意的,我知道,但是
you know why they're saying let him?
你知道为什么吗?
A public debacle on record is just
一次公开的记录在册的崩溃
what they need to convince the full partnership in January to broom him.
是他们一月份合伙人会议上,清除他的最好理由
What? Yeah, they want him to self-destruct, Brad.
什么?他们希望他自取灭亡,Brad
They obviously think losing a few clients is worth losing him.
他们情愿用失去客户来摆脱他
You cannot let him argue this motion.
你不能让他去这次辩论
You're her guardian, and she slept in your hotel room last night.
你是她的监护人,而她昨晚在你酒店房间里过夜
You see, you get upset when I don't tell you these things, but then when I do,
你生气因为我没告诉你事情,可当我告诉你了呢?
She's gone to Chicago. It's... It's not about her. Excellent. Then...
她已经飞往芝加哥了,这些...不是她的问题,很好,那是...
It, it's us. Is there an us? Sally, I know this seems difficult.
是我们,可以说"我们"吗? Sally,我知道这很难
You know what? You know what'll be fun?
知道什么才有趣吗?
Can we go shopping for shoes or a new dress?
不如我们去购物,鞋子或者新衣服
Something revealing for the office party.
参加公司聚会时用的着的
Soft, but... Alan tight.
柔软,但是...紧身,Alan.
What are you doing here? My flight was canceled.
你在这干吗?我的航班取消了
I thought you might feel like an early lunch.
我以为你想早点吃午餐
Christine polley Sally heep Hi. It's nice to meet you. Hi.
Christine polley, Sally heep.你好,很高兴见到你,你好
Your flight was canceled. I'm rescheduled at 4:30.
航班被取消了,我重订了4:30的
This is why I've refused to fly for the past two years.
这也是我过去两年,拒绝坐飞机的原因
That, and I've been locked up.
所以我被耽搁了
So can I steal you for lunch? Actually, no.
那么,陪我吃个午饭?事实上,不能
We were just about to go on... It's okay, really.
我们正准备去,没关系,真的
Very nice to meet you. Maybe I shouldn't have come. Truth is...
真高兴遇到你,也许我不该来,事实上
you weren't my first choice for lunch.
你不是我午餐的第一选择
I called a few friends. Everybody seems to need a little distance.
我打电话给一些朋友,每个人好像在保持距离
It was all like, "oh, Christine, how nice to hear from you," and...
每个都是,噢,Christine,听到你的消息真高兴,然后
You're smart enough to expect that.
以你的聪明,你该料到的
Never got it from you. Are you and Sally... We're seeing each other. Oh.
可你从来没说过这些,你和Sally...,在约会,噢
She seemed nice. She is. Certainly attractive. There's that. Well...
她看起来不错,确实如此,很有魅力,当然,嗯...
it'll be easier when I get to Chicago, easier to start over there, I think.
也许我在芝加哥会容易些,在那里重新开始
I agree. Yeah. So...lunch? On your next visit.
我同意,是啊,那么...午餐?下次
Well... Goodbye, then, again. Um... Goodbye, Christine.
那么...再见,再一次,嗯,再见,Christine
Denny, listen to me.
Denny,听我说
Some of the partners are coming down to watch the motion,
一些合伙人会来旁听这次辩论
and not in support, Denny. They're hoping you crash in there.
不是来支持你的,Denny,他们想看到你倒下
They're hoping to be able to get some leverage
他们想找到理由
to be able to say at the partnership meeting,
好在合伙人会议上说
"it's time to take Denny crane out of the game." What game?
"该把Denny踢出游戏了"什么游戏?
I don't know whether he was trying to humiliate her or hit on her.
我不清楚对方是想侮辱我当事人,还是想表达爱意
It wasn't clear. What was clear was the indecency of it.
并不清楚,但这明显是极不妥当的猥亵行为
This is what lawyering has degenerated to.
这是律师业的堕落
Carrie lansing lost her husband, he's probing her about her sex life.
Carrie Lansing刚刚失去她的丈夫,对方就要打探她的性生活
It was a blatant abuse of our process.
这是对审理程序的极大侮辱
It was an embarrassment to the integrity of our profession.
使我们专业的正直和诚实蒙羞
This attorney should be sanctioned severely, your honor.
对方律师应受到严厉制裁,法官阁下
A message has to be sent to the bar
要让所有律师清楚的知道
that our bar is raised higher than an episode of reality television.
这里并不是纪实节目的戏耍之地
Denny crane demeaned Carrie lansing, he demeaned our court system, and he should be dealt with.
Denny Crane侮辱了Carrie Lansing,贬低了法庭制度,他应受惩罚
Mr. Crane? Denny, I have a good feel for this. Can I take it?
Mr. Crane?Denny,我有个很好的辩驳,让我来吧
I'll take it. This is, um, pretty powerful stuff.
我来,这些,真是气势非凡的演说
I can see Mr. Ripley's a very powerful man.
能看出Mr. Ripley是个很有气势的人
And that's a big thing with lawyers, isn't it? Power. The fear of feeling weak.
而这正是律师的关键,气势,对软弱无力的恐惧
I've seen it before. Attorneys coming up against Denny crane.
我见过很多,律师们走到Denny Crane的面前
They jump, and stomp, and shake their fists, and bellow with impassioned rage.
暴跳如雷,挥舞拳头,激情四溢
Makes quite a demonstration, doesn't it?
很有威慑力,不是吗?
But when you cut through to the merits,
但当你透过现象看本质
this lady has alleged in her complaint loss of consortium,
这位女士声称丧失了配偶权利
legal terms meaning sex and affection.
法律术语,即相爱和性交的权利
And if she's enjoying sex and affection, it's relevant. It's a mitigating factor.
可如果她仍在享有爱情与性交,这就息息相关了,这是减责要素
I'm entitled to explore it.
我就有责任去探究
Mr. Ripley may not like it, but it's legitimate.
Ripley先生也许不喜欢,但这合理合法
And, I may add, that I conducted my probe in the relative privacy of a closed conference room.
另外,容我多言,我的这些探究,在相对隐秘的会议室中进行
Mr. Powerful man made it much more public
而这位大人物却用他激情洋溢的演说
with his impassioned chest-thumping in a courtroom.
在此法庭之上公之与众
I object to this. Oh, go ahead and pound the table.
我反对,噢,敲桌子吧
I'll tell you what I object to.
告诉你们我反对什么
We have an offer on the table that you so love to pound.
我们提出和解建议
An offer I can't discuss because the settlement talks have been sealed.
因为保密条款,在此我不能多言
Suffice to say it is on the high side, the extreme high side,
但可以说条件优厚,非常优厚
considering the fact that liability is not certain.
特别是考虑到并非我当事人的责任
Mr. Lansing had a preexisting heart condition.
Lansing先生心脏本身就存在疾病
But instead of taking the offer, powerful guys like Mr. Ripley wanna go to trial. Why?
然而,对方并没有接受,像Mr.Ripley这样的大人物,想要对簿公堂,为什么?
Because I'm the opponent. It's a coup to beat the big guy.
因为对手是我,打败高手,一举成名
Well, what if you don't? You demean the profession, Mr. Powerful guy.
但是,如果失败了呢?是你在侮辱我们的职业,大人物
You're using your client to get a notch.
是你在利用客户为自己谋取名声
You're making Carrie lansing go through the ordeal of a trial for your own ego.
你让Carrie女士饱受庭审的煎熬,为一己私欲
Objection! A trial you may lose, in which case, she gets nothing.
反对,你失败了,她将一无所得
Objection! Oh, but if you're loud enough,
反对,但是如果你大声疾呼
Objection! forceful enough and strong enough,
反对,巧言诡辩,态度强硬
she may never realize that you blew it.
也许她将永远不会发现,是你搞砸了案子
Brad? Funny. You'd like me to feel threatened, wouldn't you?
Brad?有意思,你想我有危机感,是吧?
I may not be able to talk as fast, but my tongue is certainly more versatile.
我说话也许不快,但我的舌头更多才多艺
You disapprove of me. And that warms my cockles.
你有不同意见,这倒让我蠢蠢欲动了
I'm afraid something's come up. Oh, don't tell me.
我想我们还有事要做,哦,省省吧
Her flight left an hour ago. She's gone. So... Shopping.
飞机一小时前起飞,她走了,然后...购物去
Maybe not shoes... but something... slippery to perhaps slide out of later.
也许不单买鞋子,还买些其他的...柔滑的,过会就从身上掉落下来的...
I'm not that easy. Well, I am.
我可没那么随便,我是
Do you feel responsible for her being in there?
你为她的状况自责吗?
I certainly was a precipitating factor.
我绝对是个诱因
Is she well now? I think so.
她现在还好吗?我想是的
But perhaps I'm inclined to believe that.
也可能我一厢情愿这么想
You might come to value my latitude on these matters
对于我的做法,你能更有体会
somewhat more fully on the day you try to kill me. I miss you.
在你想杀我的那天,我想你
I have a friend who has this amazing house in Vermont.
我朋友在Vermont有栋豪宅
Maybe for Columbus weekend, we could sneak up there. I love Vermont.
哥伦布日长周末我们溜去那里,我喜欢Vermont
Would you allow me to cover your body in maple syrup?
想让我帮你全身涂满枫叶糖吗?
Excuse me. Where did she stay? I have no idea.
抱歉,她住哪?我不知道
I wouldn't even know where to go look for her.
我都不知道哪里去找她
Well, she clearly knows where to look for you.
她可清楚哪里能找到你
Alan, she is stalking you. She's not...
Alan,她在跟踪你,她没有...
Crazy? She tried to kill you, she was institutionalized,
发疯?她想杀你,被送进了疯人院
now she's out, and she's stalking you.
现在出来了,又来跟踪你
You said that you were her legal guardian. It's a technicality.
你说过你是她的法定监护人,理论上是
Well, you may have certain rights to have her recommitted.
那你完全有权力再把她送进去
She hasn't done anything to warrant that.
她没到那个程度
At the very least, you could get a restraining order.
至少,你可以申请到限制令
There's nothing to warrant that, either.
同样没有理由
Do you really want to wait till there is?
你真想等到有理由的时候?
Brad You hear? He won the motion and settled the case.
Brad.听说了吗?他辩护成功,还结了案子
You must be disappointed. I know what you were hoping for, Paul.
你一定很失望,我知道你的意图,Paul
Let me tell you something, my friend.
听我说,朋友
I have loved and admired Denny crane a lot longer than you have.
我一直很敬重Denny Crane
We all want him to be great.
我们都希望他继续伟大
If you loved him, you wouldn't have ordered his demise to be public.
真那样,你就不会让他去送死
Hey. Hey. Plaintiff lost his motion for sanctions, accepted our offer.
嘿,嘿,原告的申请被驳回,也接受了协议
Case is over, settled, done. I heard.
案子结束,搞定,了结,我听说了
Denny, you did an incredible job.
Denny,你真让人难以置信
I think you turned his own client against him in there.
你成功的使他与客户对立
Is that what you think?
你这么想的?
Am I now to put stock in what you think?
现在把我当回事了?
Denny, I just came here to congratulate you.
Denny,我是来恭喜你的
I don't need your praise. Hardware. Trunks full of praise.
我不需要你的恭维,这些东西,赞扬到处都是
Denny Denny... I want your respect. I'm senior partner. Respect goes with the job.
我要的是你的尊重,我是资深合伙人,这个位置本就应得尊重
Not to mention I've earned it. I've earned it.
更别提也是我奋斗来的,我赢来的
Don't you think I feel the wagons circling? Now comes the plaintiff.
你以为我没看到车轮在前进吗?现在原告所说
Hereinafter, the alleges and charges as follows.
在下文中提及,控告如下
Count one, on September 11th in the year of our lord...
第一项,在9月11号...
I'm so, so sorry. I came to see you last night, only... why did you not go to Chicago?
我真的,真的很抱歉,我昨天去看你,只是,为什么你没去芝加哥?
I decided to collect a few letters of recommendation before I leave.
我本想在走之前,拿到些推荐信
If I'm going to try... You could do that by phone.
如果我想找到工作...打电话也可以
I could, and I planned to, but Bernie levinson, senior partner at my old firm,
是,我本来想的,但Bernie levinson,我以前公司的资深合伙人
insists on meeting me in person.
坚持要见我本人
Evidently, he wants to be sure I'm not nuts.
很明显,他想确认我不再是疯子
So I'm seeing him at 2:00, I fly out at 6:00. All right, so...
所以,我2点见他,6点飞走,好吧,那么...
why'd you come to find me last night?
你昨晚为什么跟着我?
You weren't picking up your cell, and...
你没有接手机,而且...
Alan, I'm so sorry. I had no idea you were on a date.
Alan,真的抱歉,我不知道你在约会
I shouldn't have come at all.
我根本不该去的
I, I realized that. I left as soon as I saw the expression on your face and...
我意识到了,看到你的表情,我就离开了
I truly, truly apologize. I have to be honest, Christine, it scared... the hell out of me.
我真的,真的很抱歉,老实说,Christine,真的吓的我...胆战心惊
Believe me, if I had thought for a second that you were on a date...
相信我,如果我知道你是在约会...
Sally, is it, is it serious? I really don't want to talk about it.
Sally,你们是,是认真的?我真的不想谈论这个问题
May I ask why not? We're friends, are we not? Good friends.
为什么不能?我们是朋友,好朋友,不是吗?
It's only natural for us to discuss our lives with each other.
聊聊各自的生活也很正常
I really don't want to talk about it.
我真的不想谈这个
Are you embarrassed? Is this just some young thing you like to screw...
你觉得尴尬?又是一个你想毁掉的新欢?
dinner and a quickie, something casual?
晚餐,做爱,一切照旧?
I'm sorry. That was inappropriate. I... Maybe I still do get pangs.
对不起,这么说很过分,我...也许我还是很痛苦
Anyway, I, again, apologize for just showing up last night.
不管怎样,我再一次为昨晚道歉
I think I will leave before this gets awkward.
我觉得在局面变得更糟前,我还是走吧
Why don't we rent a nice restaurant for these things?
为什么就不能租个好点餐馆
Because it's all about impressing the clients,
这是要让我们的客户留下深刻印象
who like to know that inflated fees buy fancy offices.
他们总以为我们飞涨的律师费,都用在豪华办公室上了
Hey, how you doing? Brad. Just talking about you.
嘿,你们好吗?Brad,正说到你呢
Okay, we weren't. Sally, would you dance with me?
好吧,没说你,Sally,能否与我共舞?
Well... oh, that's right. Tara You're with big Al
嗯,哦,没关系,Tara.你已经有人陪了
I love to. They make a lovely couple, and he's got a nice, tight ass, don't you think?
乐意之至,他们还真登对,他的屁股挺翘,你不觉得吗?
You think? Oh. Christine? Something's come up.
你觉得是?噢,Christine?发生了些事情
Nothing bad. It's great, actually, but I think I better discuss it with you in person.
不是坏事,实际上,大好消息,但是我觉得还是当面谈比较好
Can I steal two minutes? I'm at an office party.
能给我点时间吗?我在工作聚会
Can you tell me about it over the phone?
能在电话里说吗?
I'd really prefer to do it in person. Congratulations.
我真的希望能当面谈,恭喜你
Denny, I... I accept your congratulations.
Denny,我...我接受你的恭喜
Don't linger like we're friends. We used to be friends.
别在这转悠,好像我们是朋友似的,我们曾经是朋友
We used to sit out on balconies at night as kids
晚上我们孩子般的坐在阳台
and criticize each other's openings and closings. Remember those days, Denny?
互相修改开场白和结案陈词,还记得那些日子吗,Denny?
When we were open to each other's criticism and candor?
大家对批评都很直接,我就坦率
"Open" is a funny choice of word.
坦率用在你身上太滑稽了
You're a out-in-the-open sort of fellow, Paul?
你真是个光明磊落的家伙, Paul?
I'm still a good lawyer. Yes, you are.
我仍然是个好律师,你是
You remember Muhammad Ali's last fight? We had ringside seats.
你还记得拳王阿里的最后一战吗?我们就坐在拳台边上
He lost so pathetically to Larry holmes. We were so crushed.
他那么可怜的输给了Larry Holmes,我们很沮丧
The tragedy that night, Denny, wasn't that he couldn't still box.
那晚的悲剧,Denny,不是他不再能打
He could. The tragedy was...that he still thought he was Ali.
他可以,悲剧是他仍觉得自己是拳王阿里
You're a good lawyer, my friend. You're just not Denny crane.
你是个好律师,我的朋友,但你不再是Denny Crane
Hanging out with all your friends?
跟你的小朋友们出来闲逛?
Whoever designed women's shoes... May I?
设计的女鞋的人简直...我可以吗?
Nothing personal. It's a fetish. Your fingers are so... Yes, thank you.
别想太多,只是个爱好,你的手指很...是的,谢谢
My uncle was a butcher. Don't you think Sally might object to this?
我叔叔是屠夫,不怕Sally会反感你这么做?
We're nonexclusive when it comes to feet.
关于脚,我们没那么多忌讳
Oh, dear, you have a bunion.
噢,亲爱的,你得了姆囊炎
Did you come in here for something?
你来有事情吗?
Why are you counseling Sally to distance herself from me?
为什么你要建议Sally离开我?
There are happily ever after guys, and there are those who leave girls in a heap.
有些男人分手后留下快乐,有些却给女生留下痛苦
And I can tell the difference. You speak from personal experience? That's private.
我能分辨出他们,你的个人经验?这是隐私
Then perhaps I should get to know you better and ask again. And I'd love to.
也许我该多了解你点后,再来问一次,虽然我十分乐意这么做
but right now, I'm going to go dance with Sally. This is nice.
但是现在,我要跟Sally共舞去了,感觉真好
I know a cozy little photocopying machine we could adjourn to.
我知道有台舒适的复印机,可以让我们放松一下
You're expecting a visitor, remember?
你还在等人,记得吗?
She said it would take two minutes. She's beautiful.
她说只谈两分钟,她很漂亮
Excuse me? She's here. And she's beautiful. Time me. Two minutes.
什么?她来了,而且她很漂亮,看着表,两分钟
Christine, you look stunning. Well, I knew you were having a fancy party.
Christine你很迷人,我知道你在参加一个华丽的聚会
I didn't want to appear conspicuous, so I threw something on.
我不想那么显眼,就挑了件穿上
I see. And what did you want to talk about?
看的出来,你想谈什么?
Well, can we go to your office? I'd prefer not.
能去你的办公室吗?恐怕不行
Well, being that I just showed up at your date the other night,
那晚我正好在你约会时出现
I didn't want you to think I was following you.
我不想让你误会我在跟踪你
You know I wouldn't do that, right?
你知道我不会的,对吗?
What have you come to talk about, Christine?
你来是要说什么,Christine?
My meeting with Bernie levinson went incredibly well, and...
我跟Bernie levinson的会面出奇顺利,而且
Well, he's rehired me. I can start as soon as Monday.
他重新雇佣了我,我周一就可以上班
Can you believe it? What about Chicago?
你能相信吗?芝加哥怎么办?
The truth is I think I have a better chance at achieving normalcy in Boston.
事实上,我觉得留在波士顿,会更有助于我的恢复
I called Dr. Gill. He agreed, the less change, the better.
我打电话给Gill医生,他同意了,变化越少越好
I can see him as an outpatient, and...
我可以去他那复诊,而且...
Your guardians, your parents, are in Illinois.
你的监护人,你父母,住在Illinois
I was released to you in Massachusetts.
在Massachusetts州,你是我的监护人
I was afraid you'd freak if I told you this on the phone,
我怕电话里告诉你,你会害怕
or if you just ran into me at the courthouse.
或者直接把我拉上法庭
This is why I wanted to give you the news in person. Okay.
所以我才想当面告诉你,好吧
It's truly fantastic news. Isn't it, Alan? I got my old job back. Yes. It is.
真的是很棒的消息,不是吗,Alan?我找回了工作,是,的确是

分享到
重点单词
  • inflatev. 使膨胀,使得意,使通货膨胀 [计算机] 使膨胀
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • mentaladj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的 n. 精神病患者
  • adorevt. 崇拜,爱慕
  • informedadj. 见多识广的 v. 通告,告发 vbl. 通告,
  • relevancen. 中肯,适当,关联,相关性
  • swallown. 燕子,吞咽,一次吞咽的量 vt. 吞下,咽下,忍受
  • embarrassmentn. 困窘,尴尬,困难
  • conductn. 行为,举动,品行 v. 引导,指挥,管理 vt.
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的