波士顿法律第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第5集 以牙还牙
日期:2017-01-25 10:52

(单词翻译:单击)

Suspects were first observed at approximately 10:30 P.M.
嫌疑犯于晚上10:30被发现
Across the street from the station house.
在警察局对面
Robin and catwoman stood guard
"罗宾"和"猫女"负责放哨
as batman soaped an unoccupied police vehicle.
而"蝙蝠侠"在擦洗一辆停着的警车
S.U.V., Your honor, an egregious gas guzzler.
是SUV,法官阁下,那种耗油吓死人的车
And filthy, by the way. Continue, officer.
而且还很脏,继续,警官
Officer Brody and I approached. An altercation ensued.
布洛迪警官和我到达现场后,与他们发生了激烈争执
We thought they were hooligans dressed in costume.
我们以为他们只是穿着剧服的流氓
As the village people, perhaps.
或着是一群乡巴佬
These suspects then attempted to evade apprehension
嫌犯拒捕
by discharging one or more eggs in our direction.
并向我们扔了许多鸡蛋
The charges are vandalism, resisting arrest, and pandering.
对他们的指控包括恶意破坏,拒捕,拉皮条
Pandering?
拉皮条?
Our only tricks were in conjunction with our treating,
我们所作所为,完全出于应激反应
and I do not look like a pimp.
而且我哪像拉皮条的?
You look like an idiot.
你像白痴
The cat's a known prostitute, your honor. I object to that!
法官大人,这只"猫"是个有名的妓女,我反对
All right, masks off now.
好了,取下面具
I know you.
我知道你
Alan Shore
艾伦?肖尔
Good to see you, judge.
法官大人,很高兴见到你
My colleague Tara Wilson
这是我的同事,塔拉?威尔逊
Hello.
你好
Would you care to explain to me
能告诉我为什么
why two attorneys are outcavorting with a prostitute?
两个律师和一个妓女搞在一起
We needed somebody to be catwoman.
我们需要人扮演猫女
Someone with a whip.
拿着皮鞭的那种
Mr. Shore, while you are a gifted attorney, Mr.Shore
你是一个有天赋的律师
you bring embarrassment and shame to the legal community.
可你也让整个法律界蒙羞
You're very kind, sir.
谢谢你这么说,阁下
Case dismissed.
案件撤销
What's this with the Markham settlement?
跟马卡姆协议怎么样了?
He refuses to sign.
他拒绝签字
He keeps redlining us on language.
不停在字眼里挑刺
We think that he's postponing it until after the new year for tax reasons.
估计因为税收问题,他想拖到下一年
I'll keep pushing him as best I can.
我会尽力施加压力
On a personal aside, I'd like to remind everyone to vote.
说点私事,我想提醒大家记得投票
It's our civic duty. Whatever our politics,
不管政见如何,都是我们的公民义务
at the end of the day, we're Americans.
哪怕是世界末日,我们还是美国人
We bleed red, white, and blue.
就算流血,也要是蓝白红色的
Morgan vs. Rayburn.
摩根对雷伯恩的案子
Still in trial.
还在审理中
The client survived his testimony barely.
这个客户的证词不可靠
Tara and I are pushing a settlement, and on a personal aside,
塔拉和我正想办法达成协议,也说点私事
I'm bored. I beg your pardon?
我觉得无聊,什么?
You people keep assigning me these boring cases.
你们老给我些无聊案子
At my old firm, I got murderers.
要在从前,我的委托人里有杀人的
I had clients who had touched themselves in public restrooms.
还有在公共洗手间自慰的
These are people you could root for,
这些人才是真正的客户
not to mention relate to.
说不定还能来段罗曼史
Is there some other place you'd rather be, Mr. Shore? Mr.Shore
莫非你想另某高就?
Yes, I want to be on cable.
是的,我想上电视
That's where all the best work is being done.
最棒的案子都在那里
Who's doing the Holcomb case? Uh, that's Edwin Poole.
Holcomb的案子谁在做? 呃,埃德温?普尔
Aren't you... I just handled the decert motion.
不是你... 我只是负责处理些小事
I didn't prep the trial.
不负责庭审的
Surely, Edwin assigned it to somebody?
当然,那埃德温把案子分配给谁了?
Well, um...
这个...
actually...
其实...
Denny?
丹尼?
Are you handling the Holcomb pharmaceuticals trial?
你在负责Holcomb药品案?
I am.
是我
Are you prepared to try this case?
你准备好了?
I will be.
我会的
You will be. Are you aware the trial begins tomorrow?
你会的...你知不知道明天就要开审了?
We have a problem, Lori. Lori
我们有麻烦了
You at least need to backstop Denny here.
你至少得给我看着点丹尼
I don't... I can't.
我没.. 可我不能
I'm in trial myself today.
今天我就有案子要上庭
In trial on what?
什么案子?
I, um, was assigned a case a couple of days ago,
我..嗯..我几天前接了个法庭指派的案子
which I sort of took.
至少我是接下来了..
What kind of case?
什么样的?
Uh, just a...
这个..只是个..
homicide.
凶杀案
What?
什么?
Why are you suddenly taking court appointments?
你怎么突然开始接受法庭指派了?
I just need kind of a change, that's all.
我只是需要点改变
Now everyone here is dissatisfied? What is this?
现在所有人都不满意了,这算什么?
The case I did last week...
上周我处理的案子
it kind of awakened me a little.
它某种程度上让我想明白了一些事
I'm feeling the need to connect with people.
我想要和人有更多的相处
Criminal people. Please don't trivialize this.
是犯罪的人吧,请不要那么浅薄
Criminal defense is a far cry from criminal prosecution, Lori.
辩护与起诉相差很多,Lori
You won't like it.
你不会喜欢的
How can you possibly know that before I even...
你怎么会知道,我还没...
I know you.
我了解你
So...
那么..
Shall we?
我们可以开始了?
We shall. Do you have Morgan's address?
当然,你有摩根的地址吗?
I do, but what I meant is,
我有,但其实我想说
shall we continue where we left off last night?
我们从昨晚中断的地方继续吧
In front of my building with you peeing in the planter.
你在我房子前面,朝着植物撒尿
I was about to burst. You should've let me come up.
我差点就爆了,你应该让我上楼的
That plant needed watering.
那些植物需要浇水了
You should've let me come up, Tara.
塔拉你应该让我上去的
It was 4:00 A.M. I let you up,
零晨四点,我让你上来了
next thing we know, we're in the liquor cabinet.
接着能记得的,就是我们在酒吧
Two minutes after that, passed out.
2分钟后后,就什么也不知道了
Robin sprawled across batman.
罗宾四仰八叉缠在蝙蚨侠身上
What would they say at the hall of justice?
在司法厅他们会怎么说
Was that what you were afraid of, the sprawling?
这就是你担心的?四仰八叉
I invited you out to get your mind off Sally.
我叫你出来玩,是想让你忘记萨莉
You've succeeded. It's back to an old, familiar wanton place.
你是做到了,我又是那个你熟悉的荒唐的人了
Alan, we agreed that you and I couldn't work. Alan
我们说好了,我们不可能
What was the reason again? I've forgotten.
是为什么来着?我忘记了
It would be trouble.
因为会惹麻烦
One night out, we lose all control Which was utterly intoxicating, and end up behind bars.
只是一晚,我们就完全失控,然后倒在酒吧后面
was it not, losing control together?
回味无穷不是吗?一起疯狂
What about it, Tara?
怎样,塔拉
After all this time, maybe we should undress.
都这么久了,我们或许应该开始脱光..
We're late.
我们要迟到了
Thick file.
很厚的文件
Of course, it's a thick file.
当然很厚
It's a class action involving thousands of plaintiffs,
这是上千人共同起诉的案子
and it's complicated, Denny.
而且错综复杂,丹尼
Thick file.
很厚
Look, all we can do is throw ourselves at the mercy of the judge.
你看,我们唯一能做的,就是请求法官的谅解
If you and I both go to see him and explained Edwin's situation,
你跟我去见法官,解释下Edwin的状况
maybe he'll give us some time.
或许能争取到一些时间
Thick file.
厚啊...
$70,000.
7万美元
It's their opening offer.
这是他们开的价
You seem like a very nice man, Mr. Morgan.
摩根先生,你是个好人
You also seem like a hypochondriac.
可也像个忧郁症患者
These headaches are real.
我是真的头疼
I have no doubt.
我相信
You've also complained on several occasions
你曾经还抱怨过
that you were suffering from tanapox virus.
你感染了塔那痘病毒
Because I noticed the characteristic papular lesions.
我发现皮肤上有典型的泡疹
They're very tender.
它们非常容易破掉
Approximately 2 centimeters in diameter.
直径大约2厘米
You realize the tanapox virus is endemic to equatorial Africa.
你要知道塔那痘病毒,是非洲靠近赤道附近的地方病
Yes. Have you enjoyed your many visits to equatorial Africa?
是的,你去了那么多次,旅途愉快吗?
I've never been there.
我从来没去过
Ah. Then perhaps...
呃,这样的话
you can see the outline of our problem, Mr. Morgan.
你应该可以看出,我们的麻烦所在了吧,摩根先生
Look, it's not my fault.
可这不是我的错
I go to the library,
我去图书馆
and I read books.
查资料
And I try to understand how I might get better,
我想知道,怎样才能好起来
but sometimes, the books, they scare me even more
可有时侯书里的内容,反而让我更害怕了
because they describe diseases I didn't even know I had.
他们总是能描述出那些连我自己,都不知道已经得了的病
Maybe I am a hypochondriac.
大概我是有忧郁症
What do you take for that?
你怎么想?
Miss Colson, I have never been in a fight before.
科尔森小姐,我之前从来没有打过架
Okay, we need to be able to call a witness or two
这样,我们要找一两个证人
who can speak to your nonviolent character.
谁能来证明你并不暴力
Well, I told you, my mother.
我妈妈可以
Mothers tend to come off as biased.
母亲有偏袒嫌疑,最好不要
There's gotta be somebody else.
应该还有其他人的
Friends, coworkers. There's gotta be somebody.
朋友,同事,一定还有
Well, I live at home, I work at home, I hardly ever go out.
可我在家住,在家工作,我几乎不出门的
My mother's the only one...
我妈妈是唯一能...
but I gotta warn you,
但我要提前警告你
she doesn't make the best impression.
她的形象不是很好
What do you mean?
什么意思?
Well, she's got a glass eye.
她有一个玻璃假眼
And it doesn't fit so good, and when she gets upset...
尺寸不太合适,所以她一激动...
if you put her on the stand,
如果你让她出庭作证
don't get her upset.
不要惹她发怒
I went up to the bar to get a few drinks,
我去吧台拿些喝的
and when I turned around, that's when I saw, uh,
我转过身就看到,唔
Jared and him exchanging words.
杰瑞德和他在吵架
And I could tell it wasn't friendly.
我看得出他们言词不善
By him?
他?
The defendant.
就是被告
So I started heading back, and the place was really packed.
我开始往回走,那里非常拥挤
So I was kinda blocked.
我被堵住了
That's when I saw Jared push him,
那时看到杰瑞德在推他
and then Jared took a swing, and...
然后杰瑞德挥了一拳,然后...
That was it.
就这样了
What was "it"?
什么样了?
Tell us what you saw.
告诉我们你所看到的
The defendant, he just threw a punch right at Jared's throat,
被告就朝杰瑞德喉咙猛击了一下
and Jared collapsed to the ground.
杰瑞德就瘫倒在地了
When I got there,
我赶到那时
he was hardly breathing, and...
他呼吸很困难,而且...
he was making, like, a sucking noise.
他嘴里不断发出倒抽气的声音
And then he just stopped breathing.
最后他停止了呼吸
And I tried to do mouth-to-mouth,
我试过人工呼吸
and so did another guy who said he knew CPR, but he...
有个说会CPR的人也尝试了,可他...
He just died right there on the floor.
他只是躺在那里,死了
Okay.
好的
Now, Mr. Quinlan, this is important.
昆兰先生,这很关键
Describe the punch as best you can.
尽可能的详细描述那一个猛击
It was a short, direct punch, and I could....
很短促,直接的击打,我可以
and I could tell by the way he was holding his hand
我可以从他握拳的姿势
and how he threw the punch that he knew martial arts.
和他出拳样子,知道他会武术
It was a kill punch.
那是致命的一击
Objection! Sustained.
反对!反对有效
Why, in your lay opinion, sir, did you regard it as a kill punch?
根据你的说法,为什么你会认为那是致命的一击
Objection. Overruled.
反对,反对驳回
He can answer.
他可以回答
By hitting the throat, you can make it collapse,
攻击对方的喉咙,会导致喉部的衰竭
and then the person suffocates.
受击打者就会窒息
Which is exactly what happened.
就像已经发生的那样
Okay.
谢谢
You didn't actually see the altercation begin.
你并没有看到争吵的开始
You turned around, and they were having words.
你只是转过身,看到他们正在说话
That's right. You couldn't hear what was said?
是的,你听不到他们在说什么
No. Mr. Quinlan, when the police arrived and questioned you,
是的,昆兰先生,警察在现场做笔录时
did you tell them that you recognized my client's punch
你有否说过我委托人的那一拳
as a form of martial arts?
是武术里的一种拳法
No, I was probably...
没有,我不肯定...
Did you demonstrate to them the fist you just made for the jury?
你有否对警方描述了那一拳,就像你刚才对陪审团说的那样
I was too shook up.
我当时太震惊了
In fact, you made no mention of martial arts
事实上你从未提到过武术二字
until after it was published in the newspapers.
直到这两个字被印上了报纸
And when I read it, it clicked.
当我读到的时候,这两个字提醒了我
It all made perfect sense, because that's what I saw.
它很恰当,就像我所看到的那样
You just forgot to mention it
所以当你面对警方详细询的时候
when the police specifically asked you what you saw.
你只是忘记提到了那一拳
How many beers had you had that night, sir?
请问那晚你喝了多少啤酒?
Three. How many beers had Jared Grant had?
3瓶,杰瑞德?格兰特喝了多少?
Three. So you admittedly couldn't hear the exchange,
3瓶,所以,你承认没有听到他们的争吵
you admittedly didn't see the altercation begin,
也承认没看到争执的开始
and you'd been drinking.
而且你还喝了酒
Certainly no one could anticipate Edwin Poole's illness.
没有人能预计埃德温?普尔的病
This unanticipated illness occurred weeks ago.
这个病几周前就发作了
You come to me the day before the trial?
你们在庭审前一天才来找我
The simple truth is, this one fell through the cracks.
实际上这是我们的工作疏忽
The plaintiff has witnesses from out of town.
起诉方的证人有些是从城外赶来的
We'd be willing to assume those costs.
我们非常乐意补偿这些损失
Gee, what a swell bunch of guys.
天啊,多么自大的一群人
Your honor... oh, no, no, no, I'm sick of this.
法官阁下,哦不,不,不,我最讨厌这样的
Your firm has employed a strategy systemic heel-dragging.
你们在用拖延策略
It is immoral. Edwin poole is the only one who know...
这不符职业道德,埃德温?普尔是唯一一个知道...
Whose fault is that?
这是谁的错?
You people should be sued for malpractice.
你们自己玩忽职守
Brian, you and I have a relationship. Brian
你和我有交情
I think of you as a friend.
我把你当朋友
Well, that friendship has gotta take a back seat to principle, I'm sorry.
不过交情排在原则的后面,抱歉
Well, you know, Brian, given our relationship, Brian
你知道,考虑到我们的关系
I feel entitled to be honest the way friends are during difficult times.
我觉得当友谊陷入困境时,我应该坦诚相待
Can I be honest with you, Brian?
我能对你坦诚吗,布莱恩
Denny Please. Denny...
请说
You're a bastard, and a greedy one at that.
你是个混蛋,还是个贪婪的混蛋
This is a class action.
这是件共同起诉案
You get credit for all the consolidated cases in one fell swoop.
合并审判,一下解决这么多案子让你大受赞赏
You're looking to make presiding judge.
你正在谋求首席法官的位置
You need that credit by calendar year's end.
所以年终你更需要建功立业
That's why you're desperate to move this thing forward, to pad your docket.
所以你急切的要案子进行,来装饰你的诉讼记录
This is about ambition, not morality, you greedy, sniveling little wop.
这是野心,不是道德,你是个贪婪的流着鼻涕的小人
Motion for continuance denied.
延期申请不通过
You know what I'm gonna do, Brian,
你知道我要怎么做吗,Brian
just to show you there are no hard feelings?
为了证明我俩没伤到和气
I'm gonna sleep with your wife.
我要和你的妻子上床
It is our recommendation that you discharge us as counsel.
我们建议要么你解雇我们
Ask the judge for time to find new attorneys.
向法官请求时间找新律师
The only alternative is proceeding tomorrow,
或者明天照常继续
which I don't think we want to do.
我估计没人这样希望
Edwin Poole never even gave us this trial date.
埃德温?普尔从来没有告诉我们,审理的日期
He told us it was continued indefinitely.
他说还没确定
Which is why we're suggesting that you discharge us.
所以我们建议你解雇我们
He has got to give you time to find new counsel.
法官必须给你时间找新律师
You have to handle this, Sally. Me?
萨莉,这次必须你来,我?
Look, I have this thing about glass eyes.
瞧,我对玻璃眼球有心理障碍
I once had a teacher with a glass eye,
我有个老师也这样
and sometimes when he'd get mad,
有时候他一激动起来
he'd take it out and whack it on his desk.
就拿出来往桌子上拍
It gave me nightmares.
简直是恶梦
Hi, there.

Hey.

What was that?
她怎么了?
Nothing.
没什么
Someone just seems a little overeager
看上去有人急切的渴望
to rekindle the flame with Alan Shore.
和艾伦?肖尔旧情复燃
The offer was firm at $70,000.
我们坚持7万美元
Yes, we thought if you'd un-firm it to one and a quater, we could be done.
是的,可如果不那么坚持,你们多提高1/4,我们就接受了
Your client wouldn't have to testify tomorrow,
而你的委托人,明天就不用上庭
which, of course, would free him up to misdiagnose others.
当然他就能更多的误诊其他人了
You don't seem to get it, Mr. Shore.
看来你还没明白,肖尔先生
We offered $70,000 as nuisance change.
给7万美元,我们只是要摆脱无赖纠缠
Yes. We just feel Mr. Morgan
是的,我们只是觉得,摩根先生
is a much bigger nuisance than you give him credit for.
要比你说的更令人无赖
And I'm an enormous nuisance. We should get something for that.
而我更是无比的无赖,我们应该可以为此再多拿点
I feel nauseous. You'll be fine.
我想吐,你会没事的
Knock on it.
敲门
Sally! You knock on it.
萨莉!你来
If I'm doing the talking, the least you could do is...
如果是我负责与她对话,至少你来敲门
You, his lawyers?
律师?
Hi. Hi.
嗨,嗨
I'm Sally Heep. This is...
我是萨莉?黑普,这位是
Lori Colson. Hello.
洛里?科尔森,你好
Uh, we just wanted to ask you a few questions, Mrs. Binder, if we could.
嗯,我们想问几个问题,宾德夫人,如果可以的话
Come on in.
进来
He's a wonderful boy with a gentle heart.
他是个心地善良的好男孩
Yes, our problem is,
是的,我们的问题是
you seem to be the only person to truly know him.
你似乎是唯一一个了解他的人
He think I'll make a bad witness on account of the eye.
他觉得因为这个假眼,我不会是个好证人
It's glass, you see.
它是玻璃的,看到了吗?
Look close.
近些看
Yes.
是的
Yeah.

The thing is,
事情是这样的
the prosecution is obviously claiming
检控方宣称
that Jason's heart is not gentle.
詹森的心地并不善良
Has he ever been in trouble?
他和人有过纠纷吗?
Has he ever been arrested?
他曾经被拘捕过吗?
Has he ever caused any problems for anybody?
他替其他人惹过麻烦吗?
No, he is a nice young man, and it's the way I raised him.
没有,他是个好人,我也是这么教他的
That's exactly what we'll need you to say.
这就是我们希望你说的
I'm also maybe gonna take you shopping, get your hair done.
也许我可以带你去买点衣服,做个头发
The more presentable... He deserved to die, Jared Grant.
形象越好?杰瑞德?格兰特,他该死
Why do you say that?
为什么这么说?
He beat up my Jason.
他打了我的詹森
Well, he didn't exactly beat him up.
不过,他没有打得很厉害
There was an altercation. He beat him up.
只是发生了口角,他痛打了他
The man is evil, and he deserved to die!
那个男的是恶魔,他该死
Let's calm down. He deserved it, I tell you!
冷静下来,我告诉你了,他该死!
Dr. Rayburn,
雷伯恩医生
over the six months that Mr. Morgan was in your care,
摩根先生,由你来负责超过6个月了
how many visits did he make to your practice?
他来过你这多少次?
38.
38次
Is that a lot?
算多吗?
Four times as many as any other patient.
比其他病人多出四倍
We joked he was the office mascot.
我们玩笑说他是办公室的吉祥物
You name the condition Mr. Morgan was convinced he had it.
你说的出病状,他就坚信自己得了那些病
Cold, flu, bronchitis,
伤风,感冒,支气管炎
shingles, adult onset diabetes.
带状疱疹,成人发作性糖尿病
I never complained of adult onset diabetes.
我从来没说过糖尿病
That's characterized by excessive thirst.
那个的症状应该是口渴
Does it seem to you like I've been drinking a lot today?
你觉得我今天喝了很多水?
I'm sure you're fine, Bill.
我确定你很好,比尔
Mr. Morgan contends your neglect drove him to this state.
摩根先生认为你的疏忽,导致了他今天的状况
The truth is, I bent over backwards to accommodate him.
实际上,我已经尽量的容忍他了
He always needed to be seen immediately,
他总要求立刻见我
and busy as my practice is,
无论我有多忙
I always made the time.
我总是挤出时间
I applaud you, sir, for your tireless commitment to my client.
我为你感到骄傲,先生,为你不知疲倦的对待我的委托人
What a guy!
多好的人!
Objection. Sustained.
反对,反对有效
So these 38 visits, on the house?
所以这38次,都算在诊所头上?G
I'm sorry?
什么?
They were free visits?
它们都是免费的?
No.
不是
Oh!
哦~!
So you charged him. That makes sense.
所以你是收了钱的,这就合理了
So with all his complaining, his incapacitation,
所以当他抱怨浑身无力
that pinched look on his face,
痛苦的脸皱成一团
there's nothing wrong with him.
其实一点毛病没有
Nothing clinically, no. It's in his head.
临床上没有,而问题出在他脑袋里了
Traditional home for the migraine, is it not?
只是普通的偏头痛,对吗?
It's psychosomatic.
是心身失调
He's a classic hypochondriac.
他是个典型的抑郁症患者
I see.
我明白了
Well, there's a diagnosis.
所以,还是有个诊断的
Tell me, what treatment did you prescribe
那么告诉我,你开出了什么处方
for my client's classic hypochondria?
医治我委托人的典型的抑郁症
I'm a general practitioner, not a psychiatrist.
我是全科医生,不是精神病学医师
So you referred him out to...
所以你建议他出去找...
whom?
谁?
No one in particular.
没有特定的谁
I did tell him he needed help.
我告诉了他,他需要帮助
I believe I even gave him a list of practitioners.
我甚至给了他一个从业者的名单
So he kept coming to you,
所以当他仍然来看病
you kept taking his money, you did not treat him,
你只是继续收钱,却不治疗
and you referred him to...
而且还建议他去看...
no one in particular.
一个不确定的医生
I'm a G.P.
我是全科医生
I told him to seek mental treatment.
我告诉他,要进行精神治疗
I advised it. I can't force it.
我只是建议,我不能强迫他
Once again, he kept coming, you kept taking the money,
所以我们再总结一次,他不停的来,你不停的收钱
and you referred him to...
然后建议他去看一个...
no one in particular.
不确定的医生
So you now want to fire your lawyers?
那么你要解雇你的律师?
Yes, your honor.
是的,法官阁下
We had no idea trial was about to start.
我们不知道审理什么时候开始
That's how incompetent these people are.
足以说明他们有多不合格
And I suppose you had no idea
我估计你也没意识到
your company was bilking senior citizens?
你的公司正欺诈着老年人
Certainly your honor intends to keep an open mind with regard to the...
当然阁下你也一定是开明的,因为..
Here's the deal.
就这么决定了
I give you one day to find new counsel, 24 hours.
我可以给你一天找律师, 24个小时
After that, I'm fining you $250,000 a day for any further delay.
这以后,我会对你们的拖延,罚以每天25万美元
It almost seemed personal.
这看上去像公报私仇
Have you done anything to upset this guy?
你们做过什么招惹这家伙没?
Not that I can think of.
我不记得有过
Well, look, aside from preparation concerns,
看,撇开准备这事不谈
we got a bigger problem.
我们有更大的问题了
This judge, he's biased.
这个法官,他有偏见
This is what I propose we do.
所以我想建议
File an interlocutory appeal and ask... At $250,000 a day.
我们起草一份和谈申请,要求...那是25万美元一天
While we're filing that appeal, we'll go forward.
要求和谈,我们就有路可走了
Should we win, we can suspend the trial.
如果赢了,我们就能搁置审判
Should we lose, we won't incur the fine.
输了,也不会被罚款
But are you people ready to try this case?
你的人能搞定这个吗?
I can try it.
我来
Denny Crane
丹尼?克兰
There were some settlement discussions that broke down.
有几个谈判都被搁置了
If Denny can open big, that might bring them back to the table,
如果丹尼开局不错,他们应该会回到谈判桌前
which may be the best way to go at this point.
这也是目前唯一的办法
It was four years ago at a park in Brighton.
是四年前在布莱顿的一个公园
You met the defendant.
你遇到了被告
Well, I didn't exactly meet him.
这个,不能算是遇到
Well, what then?
那是什么?
I beat the crap out of him.
我海扁了他一顿
Excuse me.
抱歉
I was a different person then.
我已经改过自新了
Okay, Mr. Stone, we need to be very specific about what happened back then.
好的,斯通先生,请详细告诉我们,那时发生了什么
Well, he tried to get into a game of pickup hoops.
当时他想跟我们一起打篮球
Me and another guy in the game we started dissing him a little.
我和一个兄弟就骂了他几句
He said something back,
他回了嘴
and we beat him up pretty good.
我们就狠揍了他一顿
I'm not proud of it.
当然我并不引以为傲
And you're sure it was Jason Binder.
你确定那是,詹森?宾德?
Yeah,
是的
when I saw his picture on the news, I remembered his face.
看到报纸上的照片,我记得他的脸
It was definitely him.
绝对是他
And what about the other guy who beat him up?
那另一个打他的人呢?
Jared Grant, the guy he killed. Jared Grant
就是他杀的那个
You lied to me.
你骗了我
Not only were you in a fight before...
在打架前你就...
it doesn't prove anything.
这不代表什么
Now they have a motive, Jason.
他们有你杀人的动机了,詹森
The victim beats you up four years ago, you take up Taekwondo,
被害人四年前打了你,然后你就开始练习跆拳道
you just so happen to encounter him,
这么巧你又遇到了他
at which point you kill him?
于是就杀了他
It wasn't like that.
不是你说的那样
That's why your mom said he deserved to die, because...
这就是为什么你妈妈会说他该死,因为
It wasn't like that.
不是那样的
What am I supposed to argue now?
我还能去辩护什么?
Let's have it, Jason. Did you go to that bar to get revenge?
坦白讲,詹森,是为了报仇,你才去酒吧的吗?
I went there to stand up to him.
我是去让自己面对他
You have no idea how haunted I was by...
你无法想象,我受着怎样的煎熬,被他们...
I didn't even put up my hands four years ago.
四年前,我连手都没敢举起来过
It wasn't getting beat up that stuck with me.
不是挨打在折磨我
It was that I didn't even...
是我根本没...
I just let myself get beat up.
我只是任由自己挨打
So you took up martial arts.
所以你开始练习武术
And I went there to stand up to him.
然后我去了那里找他
I didn't plan to fight.
我没有想要打架
I certainly didn't go there to kill him.
更没想过杀他
Then when he swung at me, I just...
当他一拳挥来,我只是...
I swung back.
反击了
I never meant to kill him.
我没有想杀他
Who are we overbilling?
我们多收了谁的钱?
medicare or senior citizens?
医疗保险还是那些老人们?
Both, but medicare isn't suing us.
都有,但医疗保险没有起诉我们
"Us." Meaning the drug company.
"我们"是指制药公司?
Correct. But if the hospitals are doing the overcharging,
是的,但如果是医院在滥收费
why are the seniors suing the drug company?
那帮老年人干吗要告制药公司?
Denny, we've been over this before.
丹尼,我们已经讨论这个问题了
The drug company, our client, has the sweetheart deals with the hospitals.
制药公司,也就是我们的委托人,跟医院有私下协议
We give them rebates so they disguise the real cost of the drugs.
我们给医院回扣,医院则虚高药的成本价
They then bill medicare for the higher, allegedly inflated costs.
向医疗保险开出高于原价的帐单,相当于滥计成本
Really. What's our defense to that?
真的,这我们要怎么辩
$75,000. You've upped your offer by $5,000.
7万5千美元,你们只提高了5千块
We feel it's generous,
已经相当慷慨了
particularly when your client's injuries aren't real.
尤其是你的委托人没有实质性的伤害
They're real. All right, Bill.
那些病是真的,好了,比尔
You know, Mr. Morgan, I don't typically counsel opposing parties,
你要知道,摩根先生,我不是那种挑拨离间的律师
but I might advise a legal malpractice claim against the attorney
但我建议你起诉你的律师失职
who filled your head with million-dollar windfalls.
就是那个灌输你百万发财梦的律师
You seem to have a little something wedged
你那里好像有点什么
between numbers four and five.
第4第5之间
I guess it's just part of your mouth.
估计本来就长在你嘴里
One last proposal that's entirely possible...
最后说一次,能接受的...
I'm kidding, by the way, depending upon your reaction,
当然算不算玩笑取决于你的反应
$300,000, sealed.
30万,成交
We kick back $50,000 to you under the table.
私下我们退还你5万
Mr. Shore, I guarantee you, I am not that kind of attorney.
肖尔先生,我向你保证,我不是那种律师
Really.
真的
Gosh, I am.
上帝,我是
I should report you directly to the bar,
我要直接向律师协会举报你
if not the district attorney.
或者是向检查官
Well, if that's how you feel, then I was kidding.
如果你这么想,那我就是在开玩笑
I'm going to the judge now.
我要去法官那了
Excellent. New trial.
太棒了,一场诉讼
That'll certainly cost your client much more than $75,000.
你委托人的花费一定要超过7万5了
Your offer is rejected.
你的提议不被接受
Suppose he does, go to the judge.
万一他去法官那...
Oh, please, he doesn't want a mistrial. He thinks he's won.
拜托,他可不想弄个无效审判,他觉得稳操胜券了
Plus, he can't prove I wasn't kidding.
再说他没法证明我不是开玩笑
I'm known to be funny.
我有名的搞笑
This is a child who wouldn't slap a mosquito.
这是个连蚊子都不杀的孩子
He would shoo it away.
他只是挥走它们
He couldn't bring himself to harm a fly or any animal,
他甚至不能容忍自己去伤害,一只苍蝇或是任何动物
certainly not a human being.
更何况是人
Four years harboring a grudge doesn't suggest a rage to you?
四年心怀怨恨,你不认为他会爆发?
He was bullied by many people, Mr. Martin,
他总被人欺负,马丁先生
not just Jared Grant. But he killed Jared Grant.
不仅仅是杰瑞德?格兰特,但他杀了杰瑞德?格兰特.
He got into a fight,
他只是被迫去打架
which had a tragic ending.
而结果是个不幸的悲剧
He never intended to kill, nor could he.
他从没意图去谋杀,他也不能
Well, he learns a lethal martial arts maneuver that...
他掌握了具有杀伤力的武术...
He learned to defend himself.
他是为了自卫而学
Look at the size of him, for god's sake.
瞧他的个子,看在上帝的份上
What was he to do, defend people off with a sharp wit?
他能怎么做?用智取来保护自己?
Mrs. Binder, you love your son very much, don't you?
宾德夫人,你很爱你的儿子对吗?
Of course I do.
当然
In fact, he's your only child.
事实上,他是你唯一的孩子
He's all you have, isn't he?
他是你的一切,对吗?
Yes. He lives with you,
是的,他和你一起住
or did before his arrest.
至少在被捕以前
There's something wrong with that?
有什么问题吗?
I bet you would do or say anything to keep him from going to prison.
我敢说你会做任何事,说任何话,只要他不进监狱
I'm up here telling the truth.
我所说的全是实话
No, you're telling lies to spare a loved one a life sentence.
不,你在说谎,你只想让心爱的儿子,逃脱终身监禁的惩罚
No, you're the one at's telling lies.
不是,你才是说谎的人
You're the liar here. - Your son's a killer!
你满口谎言,你的儿子是凶手!
No, he is not! - Your son is a killer.
不,他不是!你的儿子是杀人犯!
No, he is not!
不,他不是!
What does a rubber glove have to do with this?
这和橡胶手套又扯上什么关系了?
Denny, the alleged fraud goes beyond just prescription drugs. Denny
那个所谓的欺诈控诉,不仅涉及处方药物
It goes to medical supplies as well.
也包括其他医疗物资
I see a rubber glove,
看到橡胶手套
I'm heading in the other direction, I'll tell you that.
就让我想起别的,
Denny, do you understand what this case is about? Denny
你究竟明不明白这个案子?
I do, Paul.
完全明白,保罗
Can you succinctly tell us?
那简单的给我们说一遍
The plaintiff thinks he's getting bilked for drugs and supplies.
原告觉得自己在药物,和医疗物资上被骗了钱
His evidence is, we charged hospitals and clinics less for those very drugs and supplies.
其证据是,我们收取医院及门诊,的费用低于标价
Our argument is, the mere offering of a discount to a consumer
我们的观点是,对客户的这种小小优惠
does not constitute the overbilling to another.
不能算是对他人的超额收费
In fact, since hospitals and clinics with ERs
事实上,医院门诊及急诊室
regularly treat those who cannot pay,
经常治疗一些无支付能力的病人
An argument could be made
所以我们认为
that we are extending these discounts to those most in need.
我们的优惠被用在了,最需要帮助的病人身上
We're saving lives, damn it,
我们是在拯救生命,该死的
and I will not apologize for my client's billing practices.
所以我非但不会为委托人的,这种行为感到不妥
I salute them. I invite you to salute them.
我要向他们致敬,也请你向他们致敬
Okay.
很好
Let's turn to the vertical integration between our clients and the hospitals.
现在开始对委托人和医院进行垂直整合,
What the hell is that?
你说啥?
Earl grey , huh?
伯爵茶?
That would keep me up till Thursday.
它能让我清醒到周三
Hopefully a few hours, at least.
能有几个小时就够了
You and Alan pulling a late one?
你和Alan要开夜车?
Might be. We're closing tomorrow.
或许,明天就要结案了
What are you doing tonight?
今晚你们打算做什么呢?
Preparing.
准备
Right.
是吗...
You know, the whole Sally and Alan thing, she's still pretty raw.
你知道关于萨莉,她和艾伦的事,她还在流血
Meaning? Oh, just that if you had any intentions of...
你是说...哦,如果你想要...
Eating her?
吃了她?
"Raw" would certainly be problematic.
生吃会有些问题
All that kicking and screaming. Rare often works for me.
那些垂死挣扎的踢喊哭叫,半熟的我会喜欢
Seared.
烤焦最好
I'm sorry, did you mean something else?
抱歉,你在说其他事情?
I'm just looking out for a friend.
我只是替朋友考虑
I see.
看得出来
Well, given that it was Sally's decision to end our relationship,
考虑到是萨莉首先甩了我
perhaps you'd consider looking out for me.
你或许该向我表达些友善
You seem all right.
你看上去很好
Just to clarify, if Tara did have any intention of whatever,
你搞清楚,就算塔拉想要做任何
euphemism you were in search of,
你试图委婉表达的事
it would, in fact, be none of your business.
也和你完全无关
To put your mind at rest, Tara appears not to have intentions.
而且别再乱想了,塔拉没有这样的想法
I do.
是我有
In fact, just yesterday,
实际上,就在昨天
I was suggesting to her that we engage in a sexual act in her office,
我向她提议在她办公室里做场爱
but her impenetrable sense of decorum
但她那顽固不化的礼仪廉耻感
unfortunately prevented us from...
令人遗憾的阻止了,我们的这场
engaging.
运动
That was unnecessary.
你多此一举
It's a scam.
这是商业诈骗
They charge the hospital "X" amount of dollars for the drug.
他们向医院收取X元的药费
The hospital then bills medicare,
医院于是向医疗保险收钱
a portion of which the senior citizens are paying.
其中包括所有老人们所付的钱
The evidence will show
证据表明
that the defendant, Holcomb pharmaceuticals
被告霍尔科姆的药品
systematically defrauded and bilked senior citizens
有系统有预谋的在诈骗老人们的财产
out of billions and billions of dollars.
难以计数的亿万美元
The elderly are discriminated against every single day in this country.
在这个国家,老人每天都遭受着歧视
They get their driver's licenses yanked,
他们总是更难申请驾照延期
they are targeted by abusive telemarketers.
他们总是那些电话销售的目标
The prejudice is pervasive.
他们深受着偏见
But you know what?
但你们知道吗?
They still do get one thing.
他们仍能做一件事情
their day in court.
要求公正
Need I point out that it's your turn to talk?
要我提醒该你了吗?
I hate old people. I always have. They're babies.
我讨厌老人,一直讨厌,他们就像孩子
Hell, there's a reason half of them are in diapers.
所以有一半还要裹着尿布
The elderly...
老年人...
make up a large percentage of the wealth in this country.
给予了这个国家大半的财富
They run most of the fortune 500 companies.
他们管理着大多数500强的企业
They're running the war, for god's sakes.
甚至发动着战争,看在上帝的份上
And most of them are viable, healthy people.
绝大部分是能活能动的健康人
What do they do?
他们干嘛了呢?
Retire at age 65 and start draining our resources.
65岁退休,然后开始消耗资源
We got enormous poverty in this country.
这个国家有太多的贫穷
We can't educate our kids partly because these strong-bodied,
我们不能告诉我们的孩子,原因就是这些身强体壮
strong-minded senior citizen farts are living off of social security.
头脑清醒的老家伙们,却完全依靠着社会保障在生活
Why shouldn't we overcharge them?
我们为什么不能多收点他们的钱?
Mr. Crane, I'm not following your argument here.
克兰先生,我不明白你想表达的观点
That's because you're a moron.
那是你白痴
Judges, old people, they all gotta go.
法官,老人,都该滚开
Mr. Crane! Mr. Crane! Tell you what...
告诉你们
slap my client with a million-dollar verdict.
给我的委托人一百万罚金的判决
We'll pass on the costs to the consumer,
我们最后也会转移到消费者头上
the plaintiffs will think they've won, and we won't be out a dime.
原告觉得自己胜诉了,但我们一分钱也不会损失
Members of the jury, regretfully, I must declare this proceeding a mistrial.
陪审团,非常遗憾,我不得不宣布这是一次无效审判
Aw, gee, I'm sorry to hear that.
哦,天啊,真遗憾
That'll cause a big delay, won't it?
这可要延后很长时间了,是吗?
Next thing you know, he'll recuse himself
下面他就该撤换自己了,
because I called him a bad word.
因为我对他出言不逊
You are in contempt.
你藐视法庭
Bailiff, take Mr. Crane into custody.
庭警,羁押克兰先生
Put me in a cell with Martha, will you?
把我和玛莎关一起,好不好?
Four years of premeditation,
预谋了四年
he trained in deadly force,
进行具有杀伤力的训练
then he sought out Jared Grant, provoked a fight,
然后他找到了杰瑞德?格兰特,挑衅打架
and inflicted a deadly blow to his trachea.
最后给他的气管致命的一击
Maybe he even did start the fight.
可能是他挑起的争斗
We can't know that. There's no proof of that.
可我们不肯定,没有证据证明
But even if we're to assume it,
但就算我们这么推测
we simply cannot make the leap to intent to kill.
也不能简单的推导到意图谋杀
Why else would he go there?
他为什么要去那?
Why else would he punch him in the throat?
为什么要击中他的喉咙
Why would he do it in front of a room full of people?
他为什么要在满屋子的人前这么做
Why not just run him down with a car if his intent was to kill?
为什么不干脆开车去撞,如果他想杀了他
Jason Binder went there, as he told you,
詹森?宾德去那,正如他说的
to stand up for himself.
只是想让自己去面对
Nothing more.
没有其他的了
It's bad enough
糟糕的是
that patients are running to the courts
病人们跑到法庭来
suing their doctors for all their ills,
因为自己生病而状告医生
now we have one suing for his imagined ills.
更何况这次是幻想中的病
This case represents the height in frivolous litigation.
这是场毫无意义的诉讼
What's next?
接下来会是什么?
Seeking damages for a bad dream?
因为恶梦追讨损失?
I hope not.
希望不会
"Frivolous", is that what he said?
"毫无意义"他是这么说的吗?
"Frivolous"?
"毫无意义"
Astonishing.
令人震惊
This man, who suffers day in and day out,
这个男人,日夜受着折磨
migraines so excruciating he cannot work,
剧烈的偏头痛,让他无法工作
can't endure 10 minutes at his computer,
身为一个软件工程师
a trained software engineer.
在电脑前甚至无法坚持10分钟
And here he is subjecting himself to depositions, to examinations,
他遭受辞退,接受检查
to the laborious mind-numbing blather of attorneys,
忍受律师们让人脑子发麻的唠叨
all for what? Frivolity?
这些都为了什么? "毫无意义"?
For six months, Bill Morgan reached out to his doctor week after week,
六个月来,比尔?摩根每周都向医生求助
each time invoiced for thousands and thousands of dollars in sum.
每次都被收费超过千元
And then each time dismissed,
却每次都被打发
patted on the head, and sent on his way.
只是拍拍头送他走
Had Mr. Morgan actually received the right medical care
摩根先生得到过实质性的医治吗?
or even been directed to a doctor
或着被指导去找一个
who could specifically give him that care, psychiatric or otherwise,
能给他正确医治的医生,精神科或其他的
his current state would most likely have been alleviated.
可以减轻他的疼痛
But the defendant couldn't be bothered to care.
但被告甚至不愿麻烦自己这么做
As Dr. Rayburn told you himself,
正如Dr. Rayburn自己说的
he treated Bill Morgan like a mascot.
他把Bill Morgan当成个吉祥物
Opposing counsel regards him as a nuisance.
辩方把他当成个讨厌的麻烦
He's a human being.
他是人类
He's a human being.
他是个人啊
We teach our children
我们教导孩子们
that everyone is entitled to respect and dignity.
人生来就应有尊严,被尊重
How pathetic it is
可悲的是
when adults can't abide such a basic lesson in humanity.
成年人们却无法遵循,人性这最基本的一点
How unconscionable.
多么荒谬
The defendant will please rise.
被告请起立
Madam Foreperson, the jury has reached a unanimous verdict?
陪审团主席,陪审团达成一致裁定了吗?
We have, your honor.
是的,阁下
What say you?
裁决是
In the case of the commonwealth vs. Jason Binder,
州政府诉詹森?宾德
on the charge of murder in the first degree,
一级谋杀指控
we find the defendant Jason Binder not guilty.
我们判定被告詹森?宾德,罪名不成立
On the charge of murder in the second degree,
二级谋杀指控
we find the defendant Jason Binder not guilty.
我们判定被告詹森?宾德,罪名不成立
The jury is dismissed with our thanks.
感谢陪审团,你们可以解散了
The defendant is free to go.
被告当庭释放
We're adjourned.
休庭
Thank you so much.
太感谢了
Thank you.
谢谢
I'm told congratulations are in order.
我听说来恭喜的源源不绝
You too.
你也是
Denny bought you some time, I hear.
丹尼争取到了时间,我听说了
My father was a criminal defense attorney.
我父亲是刑事辩护律师
He went into it to champion civil rights,
他认为那是维护公民的权力
to defend the oppressed,
对抗非正义的压迫
to connect with people.
和普通人紧密联系在一起
But all I ever saw at the supper table
但我所见到的却是在晚餐桌前
was a man struggling to deal with the idea
一个男人不停的与一个念头斗争
that he helped put murderers back on the street.
他在帮助杀人犯们回到大街上
Heading home?
回家?
Jail. Incarcerated friend.
监狱,朋友被囚禁
You run with a dangerous crowd.
你总与危险为伍
I try.
我在尝试
As do I.
我也是
I don't think that's quite true.
我可不这么认为
You don't know me, Alan Shore,
你并不了解我,艾伦?肖尔
not as well as you think. No?
不如你自认为的那样,-是吗?
No, certainly not as well as I know you.
是,更不如我了解你
How well is that?
有多了解
I know that there are three Alan Shores...
我知道一共有三个艾伦?肖尔...
the good, the bad, and the naughty.
好的,坏的,调皮的
The good Alan,
好的艾伦
the man that I saw today in court, is honorable and decent.
是我今天在庭上所见的,正直可敬
But you can't bear the burden of being that man.
但你无法承受那样做人的负担
Thus, the bad Alan
于是,那个坏的艾伦
who lays to waste everything in his life that seems right.
荒废生命的那个成了最好选择
I do have intentions.
我其实有想法
My intentions are to get beyond the bad,
我的想法是要超越那个坏的
which I've tried to do again and again by appealing to the good.
于是我一遍遍召唤那个好的
But it appears to me that perhaps
但现在看来,或许
I should be appealing to the naughty.
我应该召唤那个调皮的
I'm not certain that Tara Wilson I know is up to the task.
我不知道我认识的塔拉?威尔逊,还有这样的任务
Again, you don't know me, Alan.
所以,你并不了解我,艾伦
File for you.
给你的文件
Your bail was set at $6 million. Fine.
你的保释金是6百万美元,不错
I brought you a hamburger.
我买了个汉堡给你
The guards here are extremely hospitable.
这里的看守非常好客
I just got a jury verdict for $320,000.
我争取到了32万美元的裁决
Lori got a not guilty in her murder case.
洛里负责的谋杀案得到了无罪判定
You cleverly orchestrated a mistrial,
你聪明的编导了一场无效审判
and a woman I'm infatuated with
一个我迷恋的女人
delivered to me her panties in a manila folder.
用一个文件夹送给了我她的小裤裤
I think we're obliged to have a drink.
我觉得我们应该要喝一杯
Cheers.
干杯
I wasn't clever.
我不是聪明
I forgot.
我是不记得了
I beg your pardon?
什么?
I stood up,
我站起来
armed with all the facts of our client's billing practices,
脑子里装满委托人的那些操作流程
and...
然后...
I went blank in front of the jury.
我在陪审团前突然一片空白
I couldn't remember a damn thing.
我什么也想不起来
Well, that can happen sometimes.
有时可能会发生的
You once said you suspected I had...
你曾经说过怀疑我得了...
Alzheimer's.
海茨默氏综合症,
How does a person know?
怎么能确诊?
Well...
这个...
there's no exact diagnostic.
还没有精确的诊断
They can do certain tests.
但他们能做一些测试
Denny...
丹尼...
you may have gone upon an opening,
你也许在开头走了神
but to recover like that and go for the mistrial,
但你立刻补救,还争取到了无效审判
that's evidence of a man thinking quickly on his feet.
这说明你是个健康的思维敏捷的人
I wanna take the test.
我要做测试

分享到
重点单词
  • incompetentadj. 无能力的,不称职的,不能胜任的 n. 没有能力
  • spareadj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的 v. 抽出,饶
  • contemptn. 轻视,轻蔑
  • lethaladj. 致命的,毁灭性的,有效的 n. 基因异常,致死
  • ambitionn. 雄心,野心,抱负,精力 vt. 有 ... 野心,
  • giftedadj. 有天赋的,有才华的
  • continuancen. 继续的期间,停留,持续,[律]延期审理
  • integrationn. 综合,集成,同化
  • frivolousadj. 轻佻的,妄动的,琐碎的 adj. 无足轻重的
  • incurvt. 招致,惹起,遭受