波士顿法律第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第10集 保密法
日期:2017-01-24 16:38

(单词翻译:单击)

Previously on Boston legal
前情提要
We know who took the boy.
我们知道谁带走了那个男孩
He kidnapped a 5yearold two years ago.
他两年前曾经绑架过一个5岁的小孩
Anything the FBI or the police do, we have limitations.
FBI和警方有时候不便插手
What a private citizen does, however...
但是作为一个普通市民...
You're not going in there.
你不能进去
I will give you to the count of three. If you do not unlock it...
我数3声,如果你不打开门...
I'm calling the police.
我要报警了
! You wouldn't dare.
布拉德,你不敢这样做的
Three.
3
Okay!
好吧!
Nobody's arrested us yet.
暂时还没人要抓我们
The FBI won't. I know that.
我知道FBI也不会
I think we saved our skin with happy ending.
我想这是大团圆结局
I'll take the blonde.
这个金发的我要了
Melissa, what are we doing in jail? They're saying I tried to rob a bank.
梅利莎我们在这干嘛呢? 他们说我试图抢劫银行
I didn't. I just smashed a window.
可是我没有,我只是打破了一块玻璃
And they say I'm a prostitute.
他们还说我是妓女呢
Which is ridiculous. Back off, Ho.
真是可笑,离我远点,嗨
What did you say? Come on.
你说什么? 来呀
Liz?
莉斯?
Alan?
艾伦?
Oh, my God! You just dropped off the side of the earth.
噢,上帝,你就像是从地球上消失了似的
I was in a relationship.
当时我和别人好上了
But now I'm not.
但是现在我是单身
You still at 1800LIZZIE? Whoa, whoa, whoa.
你的号码还是1800LIZZIE? 喂,喂,喂
Whoa. Hey! Remember me?
喂,别把我丢在一边
I'm in trouble here. They arrested me.
我有麻烦了,他们逮捕了我
You're arresting me?
你要逮捕我?
Please, put your hands behind your back, sir.
请把双手放在身后,先生
You gotta be kidding.
你在开玩笑吧
You have the right to remain silent.
你有权利保持沉默
I know my rights. What's going on?
我知道我的权利,发生什么事?
They're arresting me for assaulting the priest.
他们以袭击牧师的罪名逮捕我
And kidnapping and false imprisonment.
还有绑架和非法拘留
Now you have the right to an attorney... Son. Son.
你有权利请律师... 孩子,孩子
This is the United States of America.
这里是美国
We don't really believe in Miranda anymore.
没人会把米兰达原则当回事的,(米兰达原则,疑犯应被告知其,有权保持沉默并有权请律师)
Let's go.
我们走
Hey, hey, hey, hey! Ah, Denny Crane. I'll handle this internally.
嗨,嗨,克兰·丹尼,这事交给我来处理吧
Sir, this man's being charged with three felonies.
先生,他被控告犯有3项严重罪行
Understood, but...
我知道,但是...
Denny Crane
克兰·丹尼.
Come on.
走吧
Hey, hey, hey, hey. Come on!
嗨,嗨,别这样!
With all that's going on in the world today,
在现在这个社会
who among us hasn't at least once wanted to take an axe to a priest?
我们当中有谁不想拿斧头砍牧师呢?
Come on.
走吧
They're arresting him?
他们逮捕他?
And I gave it my best shot.
而且我还逗了他们一下
So they're not pressing charges.
他们不准备控告你
They're not pressing charges?
他们不控告我?
If you make restitution for the window, they've agreed not pursuing...
如果你赔偿玻璃的损失,他们同意不提起控诉...
No.
不干
I'm sorry. Did you say no?
抱歉,你刚才说不?
I'm not paying for their stupid window. Forget it.
我才不会为那块该死的玻璃赔偿他们,别提了
Melissa, you smashed it. After what they've done to me! Melissa
你打破了人家的玻璃,是他们的错!
Perhaps you should tell me exactly what they've done to you.
也许你应该告诉我他们对你做了什么
My credit card bills. You're aware I have some uh, fiscal issues?
我的信用卡帐单,你知道我有些财政上的问题吧?
It's come up.
看得出
So a few months ago, I owe one amount.
所以几个月前,我透支了点钱
The next month it, it like triples.
一个月后,利息翻了3番
So I stop buying stuff and the next month, bam, it's even higher.
所以我不再买东西了,然而一个月后利息却更高了
So I call the 800 number. Not Lizzie.
所以我打他们的800电话,不是Lizzie那个
And who answers? But Ms. Jones, yes.
你猜谁接? 琼斯小姐
From New Delhi. India. Not Brighton and not Melrose India.
她在印度的新德里,不在布赖顿,不在梅尔罗斯而是印度,(布赖顿为英国地名,梅尔罗斯为麻省地名)
I mean, surprised she's not terribly helpful, right?
我指的是,令人吃惊的是她完全帮不上忙
So far I'm on her side.
到现在为止我还没看出你对在哪
And I talked to her supervisor who says that I owe this money, plus more.
然后我和她的上司谈话,他说我欠他们钱,而且越来越多
This doesn't make any sense! I need to talk to someone in America.
这完全没有意义,我要和美国方面的人谈
Hello?
听清楚了吗?
So all I can get is an address for Prominence's main office in Wilmington, Delaware.
我能够找到的就是位于特拉华州,威明顿市的一个大楼地址
Like I can afford to go there. So I call them, I get a local office, I go there...
去那里我还可以接受,所以我打个电话,拿到详细地址,然后我就去了...
and it's basically just a store front. With a big window.
但是那里只是一个店面,有着一块大玻璃
I'm not paying for it. You are paying for it.
我不会赔他们玻璃的,你要赔他们的玻璃
And I wanna see those credit card bills.
而且我要看你的信用卡帐单
What? Suddenly you're my father now?
什么?你突然间变成我爸爸了?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生
321113, commonwealth versus Bradley Chase.
321113联邦政府对Bradley Chase
Assault with a deadly weapon... Waive reading, judge,
用一把致命武器进行袭击... 先别急,法官
and ask that these ridiculous charges be dismissed on the grounds of ridiculousness.
我要求撤销这可笑的控诉,根据是这很可笑
These charges are anything but ridiculous, your honor.
这些指控一点都不可笑,法官大人
The defendant abducted one innocent man, threatened him with torture.
被告绑架了一个无辜的人,并对他严刑逼供
Then assaulted clergy with a deadly weapon!'
然后用一件致命的武器袭击了一个牧师!
Pick, pick, pick, pick, pick. You think this is funny?
捡啊捡,捡啊捡,再捡,(布拉德砍掉了3根手指) 你觉得很有趣?
Your honor, my client saved the innocent life
法官阁下,我的委托人拯救了一位被绑架的孩子
of a little kidnapped child who was innocent and utterly...kidnapped.
一个无辜的孩子...被绑架了
I watch the news like everyone else, Mr. Crane.
我也看了新闻克兰先生
And your client's conduct was shocking.
你的委托人的所作所为令人震惊
Your honor, I'd like to move for an immediate trial.
法官阁下,我申请即时进行审判
Hold on! The facts are not in dispute.
等等! 事实不容置辩
The district attorney clearly wants his fifteen minutes.
地区检察官只是想要一显身手而已
Why should we make him wait?
我们不要让他久等了
If you think this is about me grabbing a spotlight...
如果你认为我只是要出出风头...
It's always about that with you, Frank.
你一向如此弗兰克
You've been running for office since you got out of law school.
自从你在法律学院毕业以来,你就一直想向上爬
Hold on!
等等!
You two will refrain from personal exchanges.
你们不能在这里私下交谈
But it is personal, your honor.
但这是私事,法官阁下
We have a history and the opportunity for him to saddle me up as a cause.
我们之间曾有过过节,这是他报复我的好机会
You attacked a man.
你袭击了一个人
Cutting off his fingers.
砍下了他的手指
As someone who took an oath to uphold the law, yes,
作为一个遵纪守法的人,是的
I take that personally.
我认为这是我该做的事
It's a sound bite, Frank. Might wanna save it for the cameras.
说得漂亮,留着说给媒体听吧
Which they'll be asking you to allow in court.
我想他们会要求旁听这个案子的
I consent. Hey!
这是好事,嗨!
I will make the rules in this courtroom.
这里我说了算
Are you ready to proceed to trial?
你准备好了进行审判吗?
Assuming he's not alleging any diminished capacity.
如果他拒不认罪的话
I will plead not guilty on the grounds of necessity.
我将提出无罪的申辩,因为事急从权
Necessity?
事急从权?
Yes. You probably skipped over it in law school.
是的,你也许已经忘掉了在学校学到的东西
Necessity.
事急从权
Look it up, hack.
回去好好学学
The commonwealth is ready to proceed.
联邦政府已经准备好提起诉讼
I must caution you both.
我必须要警告你们
These are serious criminal charges here.
这可是严重的刑事指控
I'm not sure you should want to rush to judgment.
也许你们不应该这么快下结论
Judge, you're old. I'm old.
法官,你老了,我也老了
Lock and load. Before we're dead.
箭在弦上,再等我们就挂了
Why in God's name did you press for an immediate trial?
为什么你这么急着要接受审判?
Because I want to trade on the currency of being a hero.
因为机不可失,现在对我有利
I've been featured all over the news and the jury pool is watching.
而且电视正在大肆宣传,陪审团都在看
Even so, a conviction here means prison. I won't be convicted.
就算如此,如果罪名成立的话你会入狱的,我不会被判有罪的
How can you be sure of that? Especially since you're guilty.
为什么你那么肯定?特别是你的确是有罪
Denny Crane
丹尼·克兰.
Look, I know this assistant DA.
要知道,我了解这个检察官
He wants to be the DA. He's using this as a publicity...
他想出位,他正在利用这个机会...
He's also good. I've seen him try cases.
他也很厉害,我看过他上庭
Denny Crane. That is not a legal defense.
丹尼·克兰.那可不是合法防卫
Are we happy?
我们现在处境很好吗?
Did I not warn both of you?
我没有事先警告过你们吗?
You know what Shirley? Don't start. Shirley
你知道吗?别说了
I changed that little boy's diaper. I will do anything to get him back.
我曾经为那个孩子换过尿布,为了把他救回来我会做任何事
Clearly.
任何事
Including going to jail.
包括去坐牢
Which it come to for Brad.
正如布拉德现在的状况
All right, we're all on the same side here.
好了,我们是站在同一边的
Really? I'm not so sure.
真的吗?我不敢肯定这一点
Denise, If I were against you, I'd leave no doubt.
丹尼斯如果我不支持你,我就不会在这里
You're really planning to have Denny handle your defense?
你真的准备让丹尼,为你辩护?
Well...
那个...
Denny, given the exposure of this case, not only to Brad but the firm,
丹尼基于这个案子的曝光程度,不仅涉及到布拉德还有我们事务所
how about you and I team up on this?
我和你一起辩护如何?
I'd love it.
当然好
I'll pitch. I'll call balls and strikes.
看我的,我去召集人手准备
We'll all need to sign waivers and Denise I'm gonna need to call you as a witness,
我们都需要签弃权书,还有丹尼斯,我可能会传召你作为证人
but before you say yes, you need consider the liability.
但是在你同意之前,你要慎重考虑一下
Yes.
好的
Not so fast.
别答应的那么快
They could charge you with conspiracy, or aiding and abetting...
他们可能会同时以同谋,帮凶和教唆罪起诉你...
I said yes. I'll testify.
我说好,我会作证的
Melissa, you're fifty thousand dollars in debt.
梅利莎你欠下了5万元的债务
I know. How did this happen?
我知道,怎么会那么多?
I don't know. I swear. It's these people.
我不知道,我发誓,是他们做得好事
They've ruined me.
他们陷害我
Going to trial.
要开庭了
I'm swelling up just thinking about it.
一想到这我就兴奋
Trials make me swell with adrenalin. Do I look swollen?
开庭让我的肾上腺素增多,我看上去兴奋吗?
Somewhat.
有点
Denny, we're a little busy here.
丹尼我们正忙着呢
What are you doing?
你在干吗?
Taxes? Don't you have an accountant?
税单?你没有请会计师吗?
I'm helping Melissa who seems to have fallen into a black hole of debt.
我正在帮梅利莎,她看来卷入了财政危机当中
Very black.
很严重
What is this sudden concern of yours for people without money?
为什么你突然那么关心没钱的人?
I need to know. You need to look at the big picture.
我需要知道,你要想深入点
If people don't have it, they might wanna steal ours.
如果人们没有钱,他们可能会来偷我们的
Right.
没错
Do we have anybody in corporate who understands this credit card world?
我们这有谁比较熟悉信用卡系统运作的吗?
Somebody... Hands.
有没人... 怪手
Sorry? Hands Espenson.
什么? 怪手Espenson.
Banking and finance genius. Only don't call him Hands.
通晓银行业和金融业的天才,只是不要叫他怪手就行
Why would I? Why do you?
为什么我要叫他怪手?为什么你叫他怪手?
The contract was deliberately written to confuse you.
这种合约是故意写来误导你的
Bait and switch. Bingo!
引你上钩然后再做手脚,中了!
Promise one thing, say, zero percent interest.
先向你承诺,说不收利息
Then they up it to thirty percent. Bingo!
然后上调30个半分点,中了!
But, isn't that illegal? Used to be.
但是这样不是违法的吗? 原来是
Used to have usury laws but the States wanted the credit card business,
原来有专门的法律制约,但是国家想要发展信用卡业务
so poof! Gone! Bingo!
所以呼的一下取消了!中了!
Ever inquire about a car loan?
你是否咨询过汽车贷款?
Actually, yes, once. Bingo!
事实上,是的,有一次,中了!
But I didn't buy the car. It doesn't matter.
但是我没有买车,那不重要
It's called universal default.
这是业内默认的规矩
Credit bureaus share your information. All of it.
信用卡公司能够获得你的所有个人资料
Your credit card company just heard about your asking for a car loan. Bingo!
你的信用卡公司听说你想申请汽车贷款,中了!
They raise your rates. Why? Because they can.
他们马上调高你的利息,为什么?他们就是可以这么做
Why doesn't he move his hands?
为什么他不把他的手移开?
The OCC is supposed to police, they don't.
货币监理署本应向警方报告的,但是他们没有
Bought off by the credit card lobbyists.
他们被信用卡公司收买了
Is he coming back?
他会回来吗?
I have no idea.
我也不知道
What's your history with this DA?
你和那个检察官有什么过节吗?
We went to law school together. I beat his ass in moot court.
我们上同一所法律学校,我在模拟法庭里打败了他
I licked him several times in criminal cases since.
从那以后好几次刑事案件中,我对着他时占了上风
Let's just say that we're rivals.
简单地说,我们是对头
Denise, I'll take your testimony. Denny, can you take Brad's?
丹尼斯我负责你的证词,丹尼你能负责布拉德的吗?
You licked a man's ass?
你在一个男人的上面?
Denny, if you can't focus here, I'm not going to let you play.
丹尼要是你再不专心,我就不让你参加了
This trial is a threat to Brad's freedom.
这个案子关系到布拉德的自由
It is potentially an enormous blight on this firm.
同时它有可能对我们事务所造成不好的影响
We need to win this trial. I'm sorry.
我们一定要赢这场官司,抱歉
But, tell me again why it is that we're rushing this so?
再说一次为什么我们要急着打这个官司
It's a rush job because Ginsberg plans to run for district attorney in the primaries in March.
急是因为金斯伯格打算参加,3月份的首席检察官的选举
He's using this as a showcase to... That explains his urgency.
他会把这个案子当作铺路石... 因此他那么着急
What about ours?
那我们为什么那么急?
At the moment, Brad's a celebrity. His hero status can only run to our favor.
现在布拉德很出名,他的英雄事迹对我们有利
But it is a risk.
但是这很冒险
It's not too late to take a deep breath and say let's do this later.
现在把案子往后推迟一些还不算晚
Let's do it now.
我们现在就把它解决
You're sure?
你确定?
I have an erection.
我勃起了
It's a good sign.
这是个好迹象
Let the trial begin.
让审判开始吧
I'm ready.
我准备好了
Denny Crane
兰克·丹尼.
Denny Crane Excuse us.
兰克·丹尼.请让开
Excuse us, please. My poop doesn't smell.
请让开,谢谢,我的屁不臭
We have no comment.
我们无可奉告
Comes out in pretty colors.
而且是彩色的
Denny Crane Pastels.
兰克·丹尼.像蜡笔画的一样
Denny Crane
兰克·丹尼.
And suddenly he's swinging the axe.
突然间他挥舞着斧头
I, I put my hand out and he chopped it.
我,我伸出手然后他砍了下来
He cut three of my fingers right off, they, they just fell to the floor.
他砍断了我3根手指,它们掉到地上
And then what happened, sir? Well, I was rushed to the hospital.
然后发生什么事,先生? 然后我冲去医院
Two of my fingers were recovered and reattached,
其中两根手指被重新接上
and then his colleague, that woman, came in brandishing my third finger.
然后他的同伴,那个女的,带着我的第三根手指走了进来
She wouldn't give it back unless I revealed privileged information about one of my parishioners.
直到我违反了保密协定向她透露我的,教民的信息后,她才肯把它还给我
He cut it off, and she extorted me with it.
他砍了我的手指,而她用它来勒索我
My first question would be,
我的第一个问题是
if someone is swinging an axe, why stick your hand out?
如果有人在挥舞一把斧头,为什么你要把手伸出来?
I didn't think he'd actually try it.
我当时以为他不敢真的砍下来
And to be clear, when you speak of your parishioner,
让我们搞清楚,当你提起你的教民时
you refer to the man charged with kidnapping the child.
你是指那个被检控绑架小孩的人
Well, yes.
呃,是的
And also to be clear, you knew your parishioner was a pedophile.
再说清楚点,你知道你的教民是个恋童癖
I am not going to reveal privileged information to you,
我不会向你透露任何个人隐私的
just like I wouldn't to him.
就像我不会告诉他一样
But you did reveal information to Ms. Bauer.
但是你的确把它透露给鲍尔小姐了
You told her where your parishioner's hideaway was.
你告诉她你教民的藏身地点
You'll reveal privileged information to get your fingers back,
为了拿回你的手指,你愿意出卖隐私
but not to save the life of a child.
但是当你可以拯救一个孩子的生命的时候,你不愿意那么做
Objection. Sustained.
反对,反对有效
As a policy, if a pedophile killer confesses his crime, you'll protect that secret?
作为一项政策,当一个恋童癖杀手向你坦白,他的罪行时你也要保守这个秘密?
I cannot break the confessional seal.
我不能违反保密协议
It's Canon law.
那是教规
Is that stupid? Objection.
那不是很愚蠢吗? 反对
I'm sorry, but the laws in this country to protect again childabuse supersede
很抱歉,但是我国有防止虐待儿童法
doctorpatient privilege, lawyerclient privilege,
有医生病人保密法,律师委托人保密法
but not priestparishioner privilege?
但是好像没有牧师教民保密法吧?
Has the Catholic church earned some special exemption when it comes to pedophiles?
是否基督教堂在遇到恋童癖者,的时候就可以网开一面?
Objection! Do we trust them more in this area?
反对! 是否在教堂里他们更值得信赖?
That's a cheap shot.
你的伎俩真低级
I've been known to take them.
从你那学回来的
Tell us about the Papal Blessings.
告诉我们有关教宗降福纸的事
Well...
那个...
On that matter, I, I was, uh...
在这个问题上,我,呃...
I was wayward.
我是太过任意妄为了
I apologize.
我道歉
The Vatican issues Papal Blessings at about thirty dollars a pop.
梵蒂冈出版的教宗降福纸大概是30美元一份
You decided to print them yourself and sell them directly,
你决定自行印制和直接销售
bypassing the middleman, who in this case, happens to be the Pope.
绕过授权人,在这个案子里,应该是指教皇
Yes. As, as I said, I was wayward there.
是的,就像,像是我所说的,我有点任意妄为了
I'm just having a hard time reconciling.
我真的很难把这两者同时和你联系起来
You'll steal from the Pope,
你从教皇那里偷东西
but cloak yourself in Canon law when it comes to protecting a pedophile.
但是在保护一个恋童癖者,的时候你却极力遵守教规
Do you support pedophilia? Objection!
你是否支持恋童行为? 反对!
Do I dare ask where those three fingers had been prior
恕我直言,在我的委托人动手前
to my client's chopping them off? Objection!
你的手指在干什么(数钱)? 反对!
Ms. Schmidt, you are way out of line. Schmidt
女士,你离题了
I'm sorry, judge.
我很抱歉,法官阁下
I have known many many wonderful priests in my lifetime.
我认识很多很多出色的牧师
I am not adding Father Ryan to that list.
而瑞安神父你并不属于其中之一
Nothing further.
我问完了
Wait a second. So the deadbeats are the ones who pay off their debt?
等等,那么说老赖就是指那些欠债的人?
Bingo!
中了!
Within the credit card industry, they're called deadbeats
在信用卡产业中,他们被称为老赖
because they don't make any money off of them.
因为信用卡公司不想从他们身上取回欠款
The ones who don't pay off,
他们也还不起
they're the preferred customers because they're the ones they make money off of.
信用卡公司喜欢这种顾客正是,因为公司能够从欠债中获利
They target people they know won't be able to pay.
所以他们的目标客户正是这些还不起债的人
People like Melissa.
就像梅利莎这种人
Bingo!
中了!
You making fun of me?
你在取笑我?
No, sir.
不是的,先生
You said what I say. That's making fun.
你重复我说的话,这就是在取笑我
No! It's just...
不是的!只是因为...
B I... I used to have a dog you see, and Bingo was his name. Oh, B, I...
我曾经有一条狗,而它的名字就叫宾果
Never mind.
算了
How we doing?
怎么样了?
We're s uing them.
我们准备起诉他们
Who?
起诉谁?
The company who gave you the credit card.
发信用卡给你的那间公司
Prominence Bank. We, we're suing them?
Prominence银行,我们,我们要起诉他们?
We can't sue, can't sue. Too big, too big.
我们不能这么做,他们太大了,太大了
The bigger they are, Jerry.
他们越是大公司杰里
We're suing them.
我们越是要起诉他们
What do you mean I'm not testifying?
我不能够作证是什么意思?
The problem is, if Brad testifies and you testify,
问题在于,如果你和布拉德都作证
that gives the prosecution two more opportunities
那会为他们额外提供两个机会
to play out this horrific chain of events.
来击败我们
There's nothing you can say that Brad can't say.
你能说的布拉德也能说
I can support what he says. True.
我可以证实他的证词,没错
But since you're the one that twiddled the severed finger using it for blackmail purposes,
但是由于你是那个用手指进行勒索的人
there's the outside chance you'll come off as less than adorable.
这会增加你的反面印象
Shirley...
雪莉...
Denise, the D.A. will have a field day.
丹尼斯检察官会以此大做文章的
You ready? I am.
你准备好了吗? 好了
More importantly, are you ready?
更重要的是,你准备好了吗?
Lock and...
箭在...
Denny, maybe I should take this.
丹尼还是由我来吧
Shirley, if the jury doesn't get to see me in action,
雪莉如果陪审团见不到我表演
they'll feel cheated. They'll think we cheated them.
他们会感觉受骗了,他们会认为我们在欺骗他们
Walk them through what happened,
向他们陈述发生的事
giving Brad a chance to explain why he did what he did and...
给布拉德一个机会解释他为什么要这么做...
I know how to question a witness, Shirley.
我知道怎么询问一个证人雪莉
Denny, our whole case is his testimony.
丹尼他的证词是整个案子的关键所在
Who's?
谁的?
Kidding. I'm ready.
说笑的,我准备好了
Just for fun, show me how you plan to start off.
告诉我你准备怎么开场,我很好奇
Brad, what occasioned you to even get involved,
布拉德在什么情况下你会
pretending to be an FBI officer?
假扮成一个FBI官员?
His response will occasion the jury to feel
他的回答必须让陪审团感到
and experience the horror of a child being kidnapped.
一个孩子被绑架了是很可怕的事
Like it was their child.
就像发生在他们的孩子身上一样
Good. There.
很好,当然
You must show contrition. You must be apologetic.
你必须表现出悔意,你必须表现出歉意
You did what you did to get the child back,
你的所作所为只是为了救回孩子
but you feel compassion and sympathy for everybody you victimized.
但是你对在过程中被你伤害的,人们感到非常的同情和遗憾
Got it.
明白了
Do not make yourself the story.
别顾着出风头
The jury needs to be focused on him.
陪审团的注意力要放在他身上
Did you just say don't make me the story?
你刚才说我不能成为焦点?
He's coming here? Tomorrow?
他要过来?明天?
Claiming he wants to work things out. Can't meet, can't meet.
宣称他要解决问题,不能见,不能见
What do you mean you can't meet? I don't do meetings.
不能见指什么? 我不能见人
I'm background.
我是做幕后工作的
You've got all the expertise, Jerry, and I need you to be around.
你是专家Jerry,而且我需要你在场
I'll give you a memo. Just a whisper in my ear.
我会给你准备好备忘录的,只是在我身边小声说就行了
You won't even have to talk out loud. And I'll do all the gesturing.
你甚至不需要大声说话,就算你的手势我也帮你做了
I'm sorry. That was an extremely poor joke and I apologize.
对不起,这是个不恰当的笑话,我道歉
Is he like the president of the company? Or...
他是不是公司的总裁?或者...
He's their general counsel, actually. Happens to be in Boston.
他是他们的首席法律顾问,事实上,他刚好在波士顿
Jerry, I'm sorry.
杰里,对不起
I need you.
我需要你
I'll be present.
我会在场的
I'll give feedback on my computer. You can read it off the screen.
我会把意见写在电脑上,你可以在屏幕上看到
Deal!
成交!
I am so sorry.
我很抱歉
I'm the one who led you into all this.
事情都是因我而起
You have nothing to apologize for, Denise. I made my own decision.
你不需要道歉丹尼斯,是我决定这么做的
But a week ago you were up for partner, and now you're up on trial.
但是一个星期前你被提名当合伙人,而现在你却成了被告
Denise, the little boy is alive.
丹尼斯那个小男孩还活着
Unfortunately that's not the issue.
很遗憾这个论点没有用
Well, it is for me.
对我而言有用
Are you always like this?
你总是这样吗?
Like what?
怎样?
Brad, you could be looking at jail.
布拉德你可能会进监狱
It's okay to show a little fear.
有点担忧是很正常的
Okay.
说得对
Thanks.
谢谢
Okay. Thanks. That's it?
好的,谢谢,就这样?
Denise, what do you want me to do?
丹尼斯你想我怎么做?
Cry? We got the kid back.
哭?我们把孩子救回来了
If I had to do it all over again, I would do it again.
如果让我再选择一次,我还会那么做的
I'll live with the consequences.
我会坚持下去的
Okay.
好吧
So I'll see you in court.
那么法庭上见
Yep.
好的
How's my hair? Does my hair work?
我的头发怎么样?看起来好吗?
It does appear to grow each month.
好像从来没见它们长过
It's my first settlement conference.
这是我第一次参加协商会
There is a lot of power in a woman's hair.
女性的头发能起到很关键的作用
Yes, there is.
是的
I think we'll let my slightly less powerful hair run the meeting.
我想应该让我这稀少而且,没那么关键的头发来发挥作用
Good morning.
早上好
Melvin Palmer. How are you?
我是梅尔文·帕默,你好吗?
I'm grand, actually but I go by Alan Shore.
我很好,但是比不上艾伦·肖尔
A pleasure.
幸会
This is Melissa Hughes.
这位是梅利莎· 休斯
I would be your plaintiff.
我是原告
And real honor to meet you, Melissa.
十分荣幸见到你梅利莎
Melvin Palmer
梅利莎· 休斯
Jerry Espenson. He doesn't shake.
杰里·彭森他不握手的
Excellent! Well then, shall we get started?
很好!那么,我们开始吧?
You're not gonna be cheerful about all this, are you?
你不会认为这很好玩吧?
You know, I have been told to keep my exuberance down
你知道吗,我总是被要求严肃一点
until people have had their morning coffee.
让人们可以喝完他们的咖啡
Let me tell you a little about me.
让我告诉你一些关于我的事
Oh, dear.

I am a problem solver. It's what I love to do.
我是负责解决问题的,这也是我的兴趣
Now I consider it a personal failure when one of my cases ends up in court.
如果问题闹上法庭,那我会视之为我的失败
I also feel I haven't succeeded when people walk away from one of my tables unhappy.
如果人们不能从我的谈判桌上满意地离开,我同样视之为我的失败
It's actually our table.
事实上,这是我们的桌子
What I do in matters like this? I set aside my whole day, okay?
一般情况下我怎么做呢?我会花上一整天时间
Because the goal is finding a solution.
因为我的目标是找到一个解决方法
One that works for you, and one that works for us.
既能够满足你们的要求,又能够让我们所接受
That's just the way I work.
这就是我做事的方式
So this doesn't have to be an acrimonious experience.
所以不必要把事情搞得那么严肃
Wonderful.
很好
Why don't we begin then by you giving her back all her money?
那不如你直接把她的钱还给她吧
Well, well...
很好,很好...
I don't know if we can do that.
我不知道我是否能这么做
But I do think we can make this pretty young woman happy.
但是我想我有办法让这位年轻漂亮的女士高兴
Okay, then.
好吧,那么
We have this saying in Texas,
我们在得克萨斯州有句话
Time to let the horses out of the barn.
是驴是马带出来溜溜
You swear to tell the truth, the whole truth
你发誓你所说的话句句属实
and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
因此上帝拯救你?
I do.
是的
Denny!
丹尼!
First off, if it had been my child who had been kidnapped,
首先我要说,如果被绑架的是我的孩子
there are no words that could express my gratitude. I'm sure we all agree.
那我不知道如何表达我的感激之心,我想我们都同意这点
Objection.
反对
Mr. Crane, do not address the jury.
克兰先生,不要向陪审团说话
Oh, I'm sorry.
噢,抱歉
Brad, first question.
布拉德第一个问题
I got involved because my colleague Denise Bauer came to me distraught
我参与此事是因为我的同事,丹尼斯·鲍尔很烦恼地对我说
that her housekeeper's child had been kidnapped
她的管家的孩子被绑架了
and frustrated the police and FBI were making no progress.
而警方和FBI没有取得任何进展
Second question.
第二个问题
I went to a friend of mine Kevin Drummond at the FBI and asked him for help.
我向我在FBI的朋友凯文·德拉蒙德,求助
Third question.
第三个问题
He told me that while the FBI was limited by State action
他告诉我FBI对此无能为力
that private citizens had sometimes successfully taken things into their own hands.
但是作为市民有时候可以自己解决问题
Fourth question.
第四个问题
Objection. He's not asking any questions.
反对,他根本没有提出问题
I told him last night the questions I was gonna ask him.
我昨晚已经问过他了
Judge, I'm just trying to speed things up for the jury
法官,我只是不想让陪审团浪费更多的时间
who I know are already annoyed at even being here for this ridiculous prosecution.
在这个可笑的指控上,他们坐在这里已经够无聊的了
Objection.
反对
Mr. Crane...
克兰先生...
Denny Crane Call me Denny, judge.
丹尼·克兰叫我Denny,法官
You will ask the question in their entirety,
你必须完整地把你的问题说出来
so that we may understand what the witness is answering.
这样我们才能够知道证人在回答什么
Outrageous! You kidnapped an innocent man?
真无礼! 你绑架了一个无辜的人?
Now the brother wasn't so innocent.
现在他不是无辜的了
He'd provided safe harbor for the suspect, and he had information.
他为疑犯提供藏身之处,而且他有我们需要的信息
So that's when you used violence? Threatened violence.
因此你对他使用暴力? 是威胁
Only threatened? Only threatened.
只是威胁而已? 只是威胁而已
Didn't use it? Did not.
没有使用暴力? 没有
What a fiend.
高手
He's making light of a kidnapping, false imprisonment...
他正在为绑架和非法监禁作掩饰?
Objection!
反对!
You're a witness.
你是证人
Objection! Objection! Objection!
反对!反对! 反对!
Stop it!
够了!
None of us is making light of this, judge.
我们并没有掩饰什么,法官阁下
We're just trying to put some perspective on things.
我们只是试图获得一些信息
There is no question before the witness. Sustained.
证人不能私自作答,反对有效
What can you tell us about perspective? Objection.
你获得了什么信息? 反对
That's a question! Sustained.
这是个问题! 反对有效
The brother told you about the priest? Yes.
那个弟兄和你说了牧师的事? 是的
And that's when you went to the church and cut off his fingers?
因此你去教堂砍了他的手指?
I swung an axe at his imported door knowing it cost a lot of money.
我在他的一扇门口挥舞斧头,因为我知道那扇门很值钱
How much? Nine thousand.
值多少? 9千
Dollars? Dollars.
美元? 美元
For a door? He somehow could afford it.
只是一扇门? 他不知道为什么负担的起
Objection. Bitch, bitch.
反对,贱人,贱人
Mr. Crane! Call me Denny, judge.
克兰先生! 叫我丹尼,法官
No, I will not call you Denny! So you swung at the door?
不,我不会叫你丹尼的! ,所以你朝那扇门挥舞斧头?
I only wanted to make him think that I was about to destroy the door
我只是想让他认为我要打烂那扇门
and he stuck his hand out right at the last second.
然后他在最后一秒把手放了上去
I never meant to make contact. It was an accident.
我并不想砍的,是一场意外
You didn't mean to hit his hand?
你并不想砍他的手?
No. And I regret that I did.
不,而且我为此感到很后悔
To the extent that it led to the safe recovery of Tito Perez, I'm glad about that.
虽然因此能够挽救Tito Perez的性命,,这令我很高兴
But I never meant to cause any physical injury to Father Ryan.
但是我绝不想对瑞安神父,造成任何物理上的伤害
And again, I apologize.
因此再次,我道歉
Denny Crane. Fair and balanced.
克兰·丹尼和谐社会
The nut job. Fair and balanced.
苦差事,和谐社会
Denny Crane
克兰·丹尼·
That was you not becoming the story?
不是叫你不要出风头吗?
I was practically invisible. What the hell was that about?
我刚才基本上是隐形的,你到底在打什么主意?
The prosecutor wants to horrify the jury.
检举人想要陪审团讨厌我们
We were diluting the horroscope.
我们则减轻他所做的影响
To my money, you trivialized it.
你能做的事就是把我的钱包重量减轻
You may have just alienated the jury.
你可能使陪审员们反感
People like a happy ending.
人们都喜欢大团圆结局
The child came home safe. We play the happy ending.
孩子平安到家,我们导演了这个结局
It's not that simple, Denny. Yes, it is, Shirley.
不是那么简单的丹尼,是的,就是那么简单雪莉
We're talking juries.
我们在说陪审员
It always comes down to simple.
他们总是那么天真纯洁
And, I mean, there's nobody simpler than me.
我是指,没人能比我更纯洁了
Please tell me you're making this up. I am not.
请告诉我你能够解决此事,我不行
He said, question one, question two, question three and so forth.
他说,第一个问题,第二个,第三个,类推
Almost as if he were deliberately mocking the whole proceeding.
好像是他故意要嘲笑整个庭审过程
And we could very well lose, Paul. Is he out of his mind?
我们很可能会输,保罗 ,他是不是疯了?
Well, he's always out of it.
那个,他一向都是那么疯
Clearly it's where he's most comfortable.
很明显他最喜欢在法庭上疯
What are you doing in my office?
你们在我的办公室干嘛?
This is my office, Denny.
这是我的办公室,丹尼
Oh...
噢...
That must mean I've come to see you.
那就是说我有事来找你们
Why?
什么事呢?
I don't know.
我不知道
It could be to say we were right to mock the proceedings.
我猜可能是想说我的做法是对的
A child was saved. That's what you say in your closing.
一个孩子得到拯救,你的结案陈词就那么说
It isn't. Yes, it is.
不好,就这样说
That's the button for your closing.
这是你结案陈词的关键
It's that simple.
就是那么简单
It's not polite to talk about crazy people behind their backs.
在疯子背后乱说话是不礼貌的
I accept that I have debt and that I should pay it.
我承认我欠下了债务而且我也会偿还它
But to suddenly up it from ten to fifty thousand? I...
但是突然从1万元变成5万元?我...
Melissa...
梅丽莎...
You know in the short time that we've spent together,
你要知道虽然我们才刚见面
I can appreciate that you are an honorable person.
我认为你是一个值得尊敬的人
And one that lives up to her obligation. Am I right about that?
和一个勇于承担责任的人,我说的对吗?
Yes.
对的
Well, you did apply for the Prominence bank card
那么,你的确是申请了我们的信用卡
and entered into a contract accepting its terms.
也同意了我们的合同条款
I'm right about that too, aren't I? Yes.
我说的对吗? 对的
And you then went out
然后你外出
and made voluntary purchases pursuant to the terms of that contract.
在我们条款的适用范围内自发地进行了购物
These sound like trial questions.
这问题听起来像是个圈套
Oh, I assure you they are not.
噢,我向你保证不是
No. See. Here's the thing about me.
不是的,我再向你说说我的为人
I like to take the adversary out of adversary system, okay?
请你不要把我当成你的敌人,好吗?
I'm just trying to get the full picture here
我只是想从大局出发
so that I can better understand where you're coming from.
这样我可以更好的了解你
And so you can better understand me.
你也可以更好的了解我
You seem swell.
你看上去的确很自大
Of course, we're all happy that Tito Perez was rescued safely.
当然,我们都很高兴见到Tito Perez没事
But the ends cannot justify the means.
但是这并不能说明为达成目的可以不择手段
Not when the means involve kidnapping,
也不意味着可以通过绑架途径来解决
FBI impersonation, false imprisonment, chopped off fingers, extortion and assault.
假扮FBI成员,非法监禁,敲诈勒索,袭击伤人
And whether he intended to severe the fingers of Father Ryan or not...
无论他是否有意砍掉瑞安神父的手指...
he clearly and intentionally swung that axe with reckless disregard.
他的确是在不计后果的情况下,对别人造成了伤害
We are a nation of laws.
我们是个法制国家
We are also a country that stands for civil liberties and human rights.
我们同时也是个有着自由和人权的国家
These are principals embedded in our constitution.
这些都是我们宪法的基础
Our Bill of Rights.
也是我们权利法案的根本
This man not only broke the law.
这个人不仅违反了法律
He obliterated fundamental constitutional tenants in the process.
在这个过程中他更是动摇了我们宪法的基石
Vigilante justice may be acceptable in other lands.
这种所谓的替天行道也许,可以为其他地方所允许
It is not so here.
但是在这里行不通
This is... Here it comes.
这里是... 来了
the United States of America.
美立坚合众国
Don't even think about it.
想都不要想
We keep hearing about the rights of the accused in this country.
在我们国家总是可以听到被告拥有的各种权利
What about the victims?
那受害人呢?
What about his rights? We're supposed to say,
他的权利呢?我们也许会说
"Sorry, Tito, we've love to save you, but there are these rules?"
"对不起Tito,我们很想救你,可是我们要遵守规定?"
There's a murder in this country every thirtyone minutes,
这个国家每31分钟就有一起谋杀案
a forcible rape every six minutes, a robbery every one minute.
每6分钟就有一起强奸,每1分钟有一起抢劫
But, "Hey! let's all band together and protect the constitutional principals"
但是,"嗨!让我们团结起来保护宪法的根本"
"that make this country great".
"它让我们的国家更美好"
Things clearly got ugly here.
虽然所用手段不是那么光明
But a human life was at stake.
但是当时有一条生命在受到威胁
With all due respect to the civil liberties of the suspect's brother,
为了尊重疑犯的兄弟的自由权利
with great deference to Canon law
为了顺从教规
and Father Ryan's Italian imported door and his fingers,
还有保护Ryan神父那,意大利进口的门和他的手指
the life of a four year old boy was at stake.
一个四岁的男孩的生命危如累卵
Brad Chase saved that little boy's life.
布拉德·蔡斯救了那个小男孩的生命
It's that simple.
就这么简单
You're not giving me anything here?
你不准备给我任何答复?
First of all, if I were to forgive your obligations, believe it or not,
首先,如果我免去了你的债务,信不信由你
I'd be hurting you.
我是在害你
Hurting me?
害我?
Okay, this is me.
这就是我的做事方式
The way I raise my own kids. It's not what you give them.
这就是我教育孩子的方式,不仅仅是给予
It's how you teach them to get things for themselves.
更应该教会他们自己自食其力
Just making sure you're real.
只是确定你是真的存在
You know, I don't know you yet, Mr. Shore.
我还不认识你呢肖尔先生
But I get this feeling I'm gonna like you.
但是我感觉我会喜欢你的
May I ask? You spoke of honoring obligations as if it's a good thing?
我想请问?守信还债对你而言好像是件好事?
Indeed I did.
的确是
Then why do you and other credit card companies
那为什么你们这些信用卡公司
refer to the customers who pay off their debts promptly as deadbeats?
喜欢招揽还不起债的老赖作为顾客?
Well, that's not a term I would personally use.
好吧,我并不倾向于使用这个词
No. Because you're swell.
当然,因为你是自大狂
But your company uses the term like a mantra.
但是你们公司常把这个词挂在嘴边
Here's the thing.
是这样的
Let me tell you a little about me and why I chose to represent Prominence Bank.
让我告诉你一些关于我自己的事,还有为什么我要为Prominence银行工作
Like any other credit card service, it's a business, sure.
就像其他信用卡业务一样,这是一门生意
But it is a service.
但是也是一种服务
We help people who are short of cash.
我们帮助囊中羞涩的人
Help them make their rent so they don't get thrown out on the street.
帮助他们交房租,避免他们流落街头
Help them make a car payment so they can get to work.
帮助他们买车,使他们可以去上班
Help them buy Christmas presents for their children during tough times.
帮助他们在困难日子里,为他们的孩子买圣诞节礼物
You're like Santa Claus.
你就像圣诞老人
I can see you and I need to go out and shoot some ducks together.
我想我们可以一起出去射射鸭子
Do you explain all the credit terms to your customers?
你向你的顾客解释了所有的服务条款吗?
Well, they're on the back of every application.
是的,每张申请表后面都有
Like this? With the tiny print?
像这个?用这么小的字?
I have JD and an MBA from Harvard and
我拥有哈佛大学的法学博士和MBA学位
even I can't make heads nor tails of this deception and fraud.
但是我都不能分辨出里面的诡计和陷阱
It's deception and fraud!
这些欺诈行为!
Well, look who found his tongue!
原来他会说话!
And you, Mr. Shore.
至于你肖尔先生
You're a hoot. That's what.
你是个怪胎
Is it true your company actually targets people with bad credit ratings?
你们公司事实上把拥有糟糕信用度,的人群作为目标,是吗?
Well, we have an extremely complex marketing strategy,
可以这么说,我们拥有极为复杂的市场策略
one that I'v be happy to take some time and explain to you.
有些我很乐意花些时间解释给你听
That's okay.
不用了
I think I've got it.
我想我明白了
You find people in dire straits and market directly to them
你寻找一些处于困境的人作为市场目标
with the hope of forming a lifelong relationship.
希望能够和他们建立终生的合作关系
I had a former client who kind of operated his business the same way.
我原来有个委托人的生意手法和你一样
Really? What line of work was he in?
真的?他做哪行的?
He sold heroin.
他卖海洛因
My friend, I'm not a man who offends easily.
我的朋友,我不是一个容易动气的人
So I could call you a loan shark and you'd be fine.
那么我可以称你为借高利贷的,你应该不会反对
When you charge your customers 30 percent interest, you're a loan shark.
当你向你的顾客收取30%的利息,你就是高利贷者
That term implies criminal conduct.
这个词带有犯罪意味
It's not criminal,
不是犯罪
because your parasitic lobbyists have penetrated both aisles of Congress.
因为你们的说客遍布国会的每个角落
The credit card industry is more profitable than McDonalds, Microsoft and Walmart.
信用卡产业获得的利润比麦当劳,微软和沃尔马都要高
You've got yourself a multibillion dollar racket going, Mr. Palmer.
你自己就过着纸醉金迷,花天酒地的生活,Palmer先生
Given that we are bigger than Walmart or McDonalds or Microsoft,
考虑到我们比沃尔马或者麦当劳,又或者微软更巨型
we enjoy some security.
我们也享有某些保障
And potential lawsuits like this?
至于象这样潜在的官司?
We have an expression in Texas, Mr. Shore.
我们在得克萨斯有句话Shore先生
You're all hat, and no cattle.
你们是,扯虎皮,做大旗
Here's the thing about me.
告诉你我的看法
I am a hoot.
我是个怪胎
But I insist on putting adversary back into the system.
但是我喜欢和社会规则作对
And I do it openly and notoriously for all to hear.
而且我喜欢大摇大摆地公开做反派
While a swell guy like you doesn't want the public to know
而相反,像你这样的自大狂,却喜欢做偷鸡摸狗的事
that of the thousands of industries tracked by the Better Business Bureau,
以免被让人知道在商业信誉良好,监督局的记录中
the credit card racket is number one in customer complaints.
信用卡欺诈位于顾客投诉的榜首
You don't want them to know that you deliberately target
你不想让他们知道你们的目标
those who won't be able to pay off their debts.
是那些还不起钱的人
People you call, revolvers.
那些你们称为冤大头的人
People who see, zero percent interest in big blue print,
他们看到利率为零就很高兴
and don't know that with just one late payment,
却不知道只要他们不能及时还款
you skyrocket their interest to 30 percent.
他们的利率马上攀升到30%
That if they so much as inquire about leasing a car, you raise their rates.
他们只要动了一下租车的念头,你们就马上提高他们的利率
You don't want the public to know that while over seven million families
你不想让大众知道有7百万家庭
have filed for bankruptcy in the last five years,
在过去5年内宣布破产
you got Congress to change the bankruptcy code
而你们促使国会修改破产法
to make it next to impossible for people to discharge credit card debt.
使他们不得不继续清偿信用卡债务
You don't want people to know that the credit card industry is
你不想让人们知道信用卡产业
essentially a pack of hyenas crunching on the bones of the poor, do you?
就像是一群穷凶极恶的土狗,在啃噬穷人的骨头,对吗?
I smell something awful.
我闻到一阵臭味
I think it's you.
我想是你这传来的
Yes, this case has the stench of big tobacco and asbestos all over it.
是的,这个案子本身就是腐臭不堪
Luckily our firm has nine offices around the US, London and Hong Kong,
幸好我们事务所拥有位于美国,伦敦和香港等9家办事处
strategically positioned for massive class action suits.
这是专为进行大规模的诉讼案而设置的
And once the company you represent smells it, too.
因此,一旦你的公司也闻到了这股臭味
They'll find you're not nearly smart or powerful enough
他们就会发现你既不聪明又没有能力
and they'll drop you for a firm that employs expertise and intimidation
然后他们就会发现作为一家,专业从事敲诈的公司
rather than down home hokum and smiley handshakes.
请一个只会说废话和微笑握手的人是多余的
And this is my favorite part,
接下来就是我最喜欢的部分
when your firm fires your obsequiese ass for losing their client, oh, my God!
当你的公司因为你丢掉了他们的客户,而解雇你时,噢,我的天!
The stress! Your tan will fade, you'll gain a few pounds,
压力出现了!你再也不能去晒太阳了,你的收入也变少了
drink a bit more, scream at the kids,
你开始酗酒,向孩子们大喊
and maybe your wife will finally leave you.
而也许你的妻子最后会离开你
For the realtor who sells your house
嫁给那个卖掉你房子的房地产经纪人
because after all he'll still be able to afford Christmas in Aruba
因为毕竟他还可以去阿鲁巴岛过圣诞,(阿鲁巴岛为荷属安的列斯群岛中的大岛)
and next year's convertible.
还可以在下一年买一辆敞蓬车
Hey, fella. Don't worry about it.
嗨,伙计,别担心
It'll be a hoot.
我只是说说而已
You okay?
你还好吧?
Brad!
布拉德
Jury's back. Already?
陪审团回来了,那么快?
Let's go.
我们走吧
Mr. Shore...
肖尔先生...
May I borrow a moment of your time?
我能和你说几句吗?
At 30 percent interest.
我要收取30%的利息
You know what you are?
你知道你像什么吗?
You're a pistol, that's what.
你就像把手枪
Listen. I've thought a lot of many of the issues you raised.
听着,你的话让我想了很多
And, well, you touched me.
而且,好吧,你感动了我
Did I?
我有吗?
It was certainly never our intent to victimize Melissa.
我们绝对没有伤害梅丽莎的意图
Or anybody for that matter in her financial constraints.
或者是限制她的经济自由
No? I talked to my clients.
真的? 我和我的客户解释
Relayed to them that, well...
传达我的看法,而且...
You were touched.
你们被感动了
We've decided to forgive all debts and loans to Melissa.
我们决定免除梅丽莎的债务和款项
Just wipe it clean. How about that?
一笔勾销,你觉得怎么样?
Now I'm touched. Of course...
现在我被感动了,当然...
my people are concerned about precedent.
我的客户很担心一旦开了先例
And others demanding similar amnesty so...
其他人也提出同样的要求的话...
the offer would have to be conditioned on confidentiality.
我们的交易必须建立在保密的基础上
Well, May I say as a personal aside,
很好,让我说句心里话
it has been a real pleasure meeting both you and Melissa.
见到你和梅丽莎真是我的荣幸
I wish you continued health and happiness in the future.
我希望你们有个健康快乐的未来
You know we have a little saying in Massachusetts.
在麻省我们经常说
Maybe someday you'll get horribly sick and die.
也许有一天你会得重病然后死掉
Until then!
在那之前祝你好运!
You...
你...
You dog.
你这个坏蛋
Mr. Foreman, have you reached a verdict?
陪审团主席,你们达成一致看法了吗?
We have, your honor. What say you?
是的,法官阁下,是什么?
On the charge of kidnapping we find the defendant, Bradley Chase...
对于绑架的指控,我们认为被告布拉德利·蔡斯...
not guilty.
无罪
On the charge of false imprisonment we find the defendant, Bradley Chase...
对于非法监禁的指控,我们认为被告布拉德利·蔡斯...
not guilty.
无罪
On the charge of aggravated assault, we find the defendant, Bradley Chase...
对于严重伤人的指控,我们认为被告布拉德利·蔡斯...
not guilty.
无罪
The jury is dismissed.
陪审团可以解散了
The court thanks you for your service.
法庭谢谢你们的参与
Mr. Chase, you are free to go.
蔡斯先生,你可以走了
Though personally I find your behavior to be shocking and outrageous!
虽然我个人认为你的行为令人震惊和无耻!
We are adjourned.
休庭
Thank you.
谢谢你
You got lucky, Brad. You do know that.
你很幸运布拉德,你要知道
I know.
我知道
Denny?
丹尼?
Thanks.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你
First of all, I just wanna say thankyou.
首先,我要向你说谢谢
Which, of course, goes totally without saying, but I'm saying it anyway.
虽然,这不是一句谢谢可以表达的,无论如何我还是要说声谢谢
Second, I will work here for free to pay off my legal fees if you want me to.
其次,我会在这免费工作来偿还律师费用,如果你要我这样做的话
I don't.
当然不用
Third, and this is not a comeon, it is just a statement of fact.
再次,并没有其他意思,我说的只是事实
When you rattled off that whole, you don't want the public to know, laundry list...
当你说出那堆话,你不想公众知道之类的...
That was the single sexiest thing I have ever seen a man do.
这是我见过的男人所做的最性感的事
You should see me when I do it naked.
你应该看看我在裸体的时候说一次
I'm just gonna go, um, change my...
我要去,呃,换我的...
screensaver.
屏保
We won our case. Did you hear?
我们赢了官司,你听说了吗?
I did.
听说了
Brad must be relieved.
布拉德可以松一口气了
How'd your case with Hands go?
你和怪手的案子如何了?
Well.
很好
Can I ask you something, friend to friend?
我可以问你一些事吗,仅我们之间?
Of course.
当然可以
Shirley made this comment,
雪莉说了句话
"Don't make it about me".
"不要顾着自己出风头"
Do I do that?
我是这样的吗?
Get outta town. Seriously.
一枝独秀,说认真的
Do I act like I'm the only one in the room?
我的行为就像房子里只有我一人吗?
Denny, one of the things I love about you is when we talk. Denny
我喜欢你的其中一个理由,就是当我们谈话的时候
Often it's as if you're not even in the room.
你好像根本就不在这里
Promise?
保证?
I was brilliant by the way.
话说回来,我的确很抢眼
I wish you've been there.
我真希望你也在那儿
I wish I had as well, Denny.
我也希望我在,丹尼
I must tell you though,
然而我必须要说
it's not that I don't appreciate the value of fascistic problem solving,
虽然我并不是反对这种片面地解决问题方式
but given Brad and the FBI's tactics here,
但是按照布拉德和FBI的做法
if I had been the prosecutor, Brad'd be in prison tonight.
如果我是检察官,布拉德今晚,就要在监狱里度过了
And if I'd be representing the pedophile,
而如果我是那个恋童癖的律师
I'd be getting him out.
我会让他脱罪
I'd have shot him.
我会开枪射他
Right.
没错
Think we'll ever see the day when the defense lawyer...
有没有想过如果有一天辨方律师...
will be legally permitted to shoot the defendant?
可以合法地开枪射自己的委托人?
We seem to be making progress.
世界总是在进步
Denny Crane
克兰·丹尼。
I'll be your attorney.
我将会是你的律师

分享到
重点单词
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳
  • slightlyadv. 些微地,苗条地
  • confidentialityn. 机密,机密性
  • coden. 码,密码,法规,准则 vt. 把 ... 编码,制
  • intimidationn. 恐吓,威胁
  • statusn. 地位,身份,情形,状况
  • securityn. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券
  • screamn. 尖叫声 v. 尖叫,大笑
  • arrestingadj. 引人注意的;醒目的,有趣的 v. 逮捕(arr
  • previouslyadv. 先前,在此之前