波士顿法律第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第8集 DNA测试
日期:2017-01-24 14:38

(单词翻译:单击)

Hey!
嘿!
Hey, pal!
嘿,朋友!
Jeez, what, what are you doing?
老天,怎么了?你在干嘛?
Thank you.
谢谢
Night terrors?
夜惊?
I haven't had them in years.
我好几年都没有犯过了
Usually it's brought on by distress.
通常是由于悲伤导致的
Maybe it's my breakup with Tara.
或许是因为跟塔拉分手了
You jump off balconies?
你从阳台上往下跳?
I could where I happen to be living.
是原本要跳的,但还好活了下来
I see images of someone or
我在睡觉的时候看见有人
something after me and in my sleep, I run.
还是有什么东西在后面追我,然后我就跑
It's awful. Last week it was clowns.
太可怕了,上个星期是小丑
Denny...
丹尼...
how would you feel about sleeping with me?
如果你跟我睡在一起何如?
Next to me, until this passes,
睡我旁边,直到这件事情过去
just to make sure I don't leap off the 14th floor.
保证我不会从14层楼跳出去
You'll do anything to get me into bed.
为了把我拉上床你真是竭尽所能
Denny, night terrors, they can
丹尼,夜惊,它们会
be potentially lifethreatening.
成为潜在的威胁生命的东西
Because we're friends,
因为我们是朋友
I'm gonna tell you something that nobody else knows.
我要告诉你一些别人都不知道的事情
I'm homophobic.
我有恐同症(同性恋恐惧症)
I'm stunned.
我吓晕了
Look, I'd do almost anything for you,
瞧,基本上我愿意为你做任何事情
but I cannot share my bed.
但不能跟你一起分享我的床
Be a man. Get a girl.
像个男人,去找个妞
Ass fat!
屁股脂肪!
Pardon?
再说一遍?
Tori, let me.
托丽,让我来
She gets upset.
她非常郁闷
Okay, Tori and I have been friends
好的,托丽和我都已经是
since I won't even tell you how long,
不晓得多长时间的朋友了
so when we decided to have our lips done...
所以当我们决定要做一下唇部手术的时候....
We had our lips done. We did our research.
我们去做了唇部手术,我们做了些调查
And we found the best lip man in Boston.
我们找到了波士顿最好的唇部医生
Reputed to be the best.
名声最好的
Yes, and he doesn't use collagen
是的,他不使用胶原质
He doesn't use collagen, instead...
他不使用胶原质,用...
Instead he sticks a hollow needle into you,
用针头深入到你体内
you know, back there,
你知道,就是后面
and he removes a sample of fat from the buttocks.
从臀部取出一定的脂肪样品
Lasts longer than collagen. Oh, totally natural.
比胶原质持续的时间太长,哦,全天然的
He then injects it into the lips,
然后注射到嘴唇里
making them youthful and lovely.
让它们显得更年轻,更可爱
Very hygienic.
非常卫生
And it was all good and fine until
这一切本来都很完美,直到
one day last week, we got a call...
上周的某一天,我们接到一个电话...
We got a call from his physician's assistant.
我们接到了一个从他的助理医师,那打来的电话
She was present at all of the
她把手术的过程全部
procedures, not attractive, not happy.
告诉了我们,一点也不吸引人,一点也不让人开心
And she told us that our doctor...
她告诉我们,我们的医生...
Oh, god.
哦,上帝
... has been injecting his own ...
把他自己屁股上的
ass fat into women's lips.
脂肪注射到女人的嘴唇里
His own...
他自己的...
Yes. We want to sue Dr. Glouberman.
是的,我们想要起诉Glouberman医生
For fraud.
的欺诈行为
Or malpractice. Or something.
或是起诉玩忽职守,或是其他什么
I have the man's ass in my face.
我的脸上有张男人的屁股
Did you say Dr. Glouberman, Dr. Barry Glouberman?
你是说Glouberman医生? Barry Glouberman医生?
She's had work. I told you.
她已经做过工作了,我早告诉过你
Dr. Glouberman is a client at this firm.
Glouberman是本公司的客户
We structured his corporation, among other things,
我们是他公司的法律顾问,包括所有一切事情
so we can't represent you in any action against him.
所以我们无法帮你们对他进行起诉
Well, that's stupid.
那真是太愚蠢了
In fact, if you do sue
事实上,如果你们真的
him, I'll be the one he calls.
对他进行起诉,我会是接到他电话的人
I can't represent you.
我不能帮你们起诉
This whole thing is absurd.
整件事情实在太荒谬了
Any number of people could
任何人都可能从
have run over that old man.
那个老头身上碾过
But Jason's the one about to go on trial.
但唯独詹森需要进行审讯
With an alibi.
他还有不在场证明
Who happens to be his father.
但作证的正好是他的父亲
Are you saying that you don't believe me?
你是说你不相信我吗?
Of course we believe you.
我们当然相信你
We even believe the part about the car being stolen.
我们连车被偷的那部分都相信
We believe it all, Ronald.
我们全部相信, 罗纳德
That's why you pay us.
所以你才会付钱给我们
We're not saying we can't win.
我们不是在说不能赢
How can you not win? My son has an alibi.
你们怎么能不赢?我儿子有不在场证明
There's no physical
没有任何物证
evidence linking him to the crime.
把他和犯罪联系在一起
The car. Which was stolen.
有,车,但被偷了
Jason, do you have anything to say?
詹森,你有什么要说的吗?
I did it.
是我做的
Son...
儿子...
Dad...
爸...
I ran that guy over.
我从那个家伙身上压过去
I did it.
是我做的
No, no. I paid that.
不,不,我付过了
On the, uh...
在,呃...
the, uh...
呃...
14th.
14号
Yeah, well, my records clearly show that I did.
是的,我的记录明确显示我付过了
Yeah, well...
是啊...
Yeah, well, maybe, maybe I'm the
是啊,或许,或许我
victim of identity theft, okay?
是复制身份证来进行偷窃的受害人呢?
Okay, maybe, maybe, I am not who I am, huh?
好吧,或许,或许,我都不是我自己,嗯?
Have you thought of that?
你有没有那么想过?
Obviously, we can't call Jason to the stand.
很明显,我们不能在法庭上传唤,上庭
We'd be suborning perjury.
我们会被视为做伪证的
I talked to the kid. He won't admit it again.
我跟孩子谈过了,他不会再承认了
Denny, we cannot knowingly put
丹尼,我们不能把客户
a client on the stand to lie.
放到法庭上去撒谎
Because?
因为?
Fortunately, we may not have to.
幸运的是,我们或许不一定要那样做
Our only eyewitness suffers from Alzheimer's.
我们唯一的目击证人,患有阿尔茨海默氏病
The state may well not be able to make their case.
她的那个级别或许已经不能参加案子了
What about the other witness who saw the car?
那另外一个看见车的证人呢?
Which was stolen.
但车被偷了
Oh, right. I keep forgetting.
哦,对,我老是忘记
I'd like you to canvass the
我要你最后一次去细细查探
neighborhood one last time,
周围的邻居
see if anybody else saw anything.
看看是否还有其他人看见了什么
In the meantime, Paul, maybe
同时,保罗,或许
you could visit our eyewitness,
你可以去拜访一下我们的目击证人
see what we're dealing with.
看看我们要面对的是何种情况
You're the one who will be crossing her, Shirley.
你是那个要对她进行交叉询问的人,雪莉
Those assisted living places...
那些养老院...
I'm sorry, I know
我很抱歉,我知道
heebiejeebies isn't a legal term but...
神经过敏不是个法律术语,但是...
It needs to be you,
需要是你
Shirley. You're trying this case.
雪莉你是在办这个案子的人
You need to interview this woman.
你必须去拜访这个女人
This is ridiculous.
这太荒谬了
And the women claim that it's
那些女人声称是
your old physician's assistant
你过去的助理医师
that's the whistleblower.
向她们进行的告密
Helen? I had to fire her.
海伦?我已经解雇她了
The woman broke a needle three
这个女人在三个不同的病人身上
times in three different patients.
弄断了三次针头
She was a danger to my clients.
她对于我的客户来说是种威胁
Barry, calm down.
巴里,冷静
Yeah, it was either fire her
是啊,要不就是解雇她
or send my malpractice
要不只能把我的玩忽职守保险单寄出去了
insurance screaming through the roof.
因为所有人都暴跳如雷
So then she turns around and sues me.
现在到好,她调转枪头来指控我了
Fired for wrongful termination.
不正当的解雇
And we took care of that.
这个我们也会去了解的
This kind of allegation alone, though...
这只是单方面的说辞,但是...
What am I gonna do?
我要怎么做?
We need to meet with this woman,
我们必须跟这个女人见次面
your exnurse, get her to recant.
你的前护士,让她放弃
It's the best way to head
这是解决这起非刑事诉讼
this lawsuit off at the pass.
的最好的方法
She's a vicious, spiteful, treacherous pig.
她是头恶毒的,怀恨在心的,背信弃义的猪
That's what she is.
她就是这么个东西
I'm not gonna lead with that.
我不会被你误导的
Do I need to meet with her
我必须单独去见她呢
alone, or can you be civil?
还是你会做个文明人?
Oh, are you illiterate or you just can't read?
哦,你是文盲呢,还是你只是不会看?
You know...
你要知道...
No, "final notice" means that it's the final notice.
不,"最后通牒"就表示说那是最后的通知
Otherwise it would say, "final shutoff."
否则就把这个叫做"最终终止"
Suppose I was in my
假如我在我的
apartment hooked up to a respirator.
公寓被呼吸器钩住.
I would be dead right now, okay?
我马上就会死掉,是不?
You would be talking to a dead person.
你就会跟个死人在对话了
Melissa?
梅利莎?
Would you excuse us, please?
能让我们说两句话吗,谢谢
From what I gather, you seem to be
根据我所搜集到的信息,你看起来像是
having some financial difficulties.
有些财务方面的问题
Oh, no, no, no. I'm just a, uh...
哦,不,不,不,我只是,呃...
a shopper.
购物者的问题
You know, there's a certain power to
你要知道,你当然是有权力
being able to buy anything you want,
去买任何你想要的东西
and I don't know, have you
我不知道,你有没有去过
been to the new pottery barrel?
新开的Pottery Barrel(家具店)?
No. No.
没有,没有
If you get their catalog, turn to page 37.
如果你有她们的目录,就翻到37页
That's my bedroom.
那就是我的卧室
Would you like to earn some extra money, Melissa?
你想在多赚些额外的钱吗,Melissa?
Uh, how?
呃,怎么说?
I have a condition.
我碰到了个状况
It's called night terrors.
叫做夜惊
During the deepest levels of nonREM sleep,
在非快动眼睡眠的最深层次
I hear voices, terrifying voices,
我会听见声音,可怕的声音
and sometimes I run.
有时候我就会奔跑
Since I'm sound asleep when I'm running,
因为在我跑的时候我还是睡着的
this puts me in significant physical danger.
这会让我身体处于非常危险的境况
I need somebody to guard me at night.
我需要某个人在晚上看着我
When you say "guard"...
你说"看着"...
I need you to lie in the bed with me.
我要你和我一起躺在床上
Should I get up to run outside, stop me.
在我起床往外跑的时候,阻止我
How stupid do you think I am?
你觉得我有多愚蠢?
So you'll think about it?
你还是会考虑一下的对吧?
Lydia, this is Shirley Schmidt.
莉迪亚,这位是施密特·雪莉
Hello, Lydia. Hello.
你好啊,莉迪亚。你好
Shirley Schmidt Who is she, Toque?
施密特·雪莉. 她是谁,Toque?
She was going to talk to you
她是要过来跟你谈谈
about Albert being hit by the car.
被汽车撞倒的艾伯特的事
Yes, I know.
是的,我知道
Where's my apple juice?
我的苹果汁在哪?
I'm getting it now.
我现在就去拿
Your violets are lovely. Ceramic pots.
你的紫罗兰真漂亮,要用陶壶来装
Never terracotta. They collect salt.
千万不要用赤土陶器,她们会把盐分吸收掉
But you're not here for that.
但你不是来这里谈这个的
No, I'm afraid I'm not.
不,恐怕不是
Here's a little one all dressed up.
这个小孩可是盛装打扮啊
My granddaughter.
我孙女
Oh, she's adorable.
哦,她真可爱
What's her name?
她叫什么?
You're testing me.
你在测试我
I'm afraid I am. Her name is Julie.
恐怕是的,她叫朱莉
She's dressed as Groucho Marx
她打扮的是我最喜欢的
from my favorite movie of 1939,
一部电影里面的格劳乔·马克思
"At the circus."
1939年的"马戏团"
And that boy committed the crime.
是那个男孩引起的这场犯罪
People think I don't remember things,
人们觉得我不记得事了
and a lot of things I
的确很多事情我不记得
don't, like names and so forth,
像是人名啊诸如此类
but traumatic events?
但这种伤人事件?
I'll never forget what happened
我永远不会忘记那晚
outside that window that night.
在窗外发生的事情
It was horrible.
真是太可怕了
I'm sorry. It must have been awful for you.
我很抱歉,对你来说一定很可怕
Toque?
Toque?
This is orange juice.
这是橘子汁
Oh, they were out of apple, honey.
哦,苹果用完了,亲爱的
But it's always apple for lunch.
但午饭的时候一直是吃苹果的
It's okay, Lydia. Orange is okay.
没事的,Lydia,橘子也很好
No, it's not!
不,不好!
Orange is for breakfast. Apple's for lunch.
橘子是给早饭吃的,苹果是给午饭吃的
It's always apple! Always!
一直都是苹果!一直都是!
Can I help? Here, let me help.
我能帮忙吗?给,我来帮下手
There's nothing to do but calm her down.
除了让她平静下来别无他法
It's okay, honey. It's okay.
没事了,亲爱的,没事了
It's okay. It's okay.
没事了,没事了
I was out walking my dog, when
我当时在遛狗,然后
suddenly I heard this screech...
突然我听到了急刹车的声音...
and, uh, then a thump.
呃,然后是撞击声
I turned around.
我转过身去
I saw a white sedan speed off,
我看见一辆白色的私家轿车飞速驶离
uh, with a body at the side of the road.
呃,路的一边躺着一具尸体
Were you able to get a license plate number? Yes.
你还能记住车子的牌照号码吗? 是的
ZXL3R. Massachusetts plates.
ZXL3R.马塞诸塞州的车牌
The record will reflect the parties stipulate
记录显示,当事人保证
that the license is registered
那个车牌是以
to the defendant Jason Matheny.
被告Jason Matheny的名义注册的
Thank you, Mr. Nasland.
谢谢你,Nasland先生
Don't go rough.
不要太无礼
He just lost his grandfather, for god's sakes.
老天啊,他刚刚失去了他的祖父
That wasn't his grandfather who died, Denny.
那个死掉的不是他的祖父,丹尼
He's just a witness who was walking his dog.
他只是在遛狗的一个目击证人
Whatever.
随便吧
Sir, were you able to see who was driving the car?
先生,你能看见是谁开的这辆车吗?
No. Thank you.
不能,谢谢
For the record, the parties stipulate the car was
根据记录,当事人保证这辆车已经
reported stolen the night of the accident.
在事故发生那晚报告被窃了
Too rough?
很无礼吗?
Standard service agreement
标准的服务协议
contract, mostly boilerplate.
合同,基本都是样板合同
The language of what I will and
我会做什么我不会做什么
will not do is quite specific,
上面都写得非常明确详细了
so there won't be any Clintonian mishaps.
所以不会有任何性爱方面的灾祸,(Clintonian:新造的俚语,指象克林顿一样的人)
"Is" means is.
"是"就代表肯定是
"No touching, no cuddling, no sex."
"不许触碰,不许拥抱,不许有性爱"
You've taken out all the fun.
你把所有的乐子都搞没了
These are my terms.
这是我的条款
For that, I will sleep in your bed
那样的话,我会睡在你的床上
and will make sure you don't wig out,
确保你不会很激动
and that's it.
就这样
I'm not sure the term "wig out" has legal teeth.
我不确定术语"激动"有法律效应
But it is extremely Xeroxable
但对所有合伙人的挡风玻璃来说
for all the partners' windshields.
是相当显眼的
Thank you, Melissa.
多谢你了,Melissa
I give you my word I'll honor all your terms and...
我向你保证我会尊敬你的条款...
thank you.
谢谢你
I'll see you at 10 o'clock.
晚上10点再见
Wait a second. You're denying this?
等等,你否认了?我当然否认啦
It never happened. I was there!
从来没有这种事情,我当时就在现场!
Hold on. Barry.
等等,巴里
When you say you were there...
你说你当时就在那里...
I helped him remove his own
我帮他从他的臀部
fat cells from his buttocks.
取出了脂肪细胞
Barry... To use on myself.
巴里... 用在我自己身上
That's what you said, Barry.
那是你自己说的,巴里
Look, I removed the cells, I
瞧,我取出了细胞,我
harvested the fat, and I marked the vials.
收集了脂肪,我在小瓶上都标注了记号
And I saw him go to the vials to use
我看见他走到小瓶那里把
that fat to inject into other women.
脂肪注射到其他女人体内
Then why didn't you say something if you thought...
如果你觉得这样不好为什么,当时不说出来...
Because I first thought it
因为我一开始以为
was with the patients' consent,
这些都是病人同意的
And then I asked a few. Asked them what?
然后我问了一些人,问她们什么?
Where the harvested fat for
她们手术中的脂肪是从
their procedures came from.
哪里收集来的
They said their own buttocks.
她们说是她们自己的臀部
Which is the truth.
这是事实
Barry... Oh, please!
巴里...哦,拜托!
You're just trying to ruin me.
你只是想让我破产
Barry
巴里.
Ms. Gershen, obviously this kind of charge,
Gershen小姐,很明显这种控诉
when it goes to a person's
在牵涉到个人的职业生命的话
profession, is libel per se.
会被以诽谤罪驳回的
We wouldn't even have to show actual damages.
我们都不用出示到底造成多大的伤害
I'm no lawyer, but on the TV shows,
我不是律师,但在电视剧里
they say truth is a defense to libel.
它们说真相是对于诽谤最好的辩护
I see.
我明白了
And are you prepared to prove
那你准备好如何来证明
the truth of these allegations?
这些推断了吗?
Sure.
当然
May I ask how?
我能问一下怎么做吗?
Do DNA on him. Do it on their lips.
对他进行DNA测试,然后对她们的嘴唇进行DNA测试
You'll see a match.
你就会看到它们是匹配的
Won't she, Barry?
是这样吗,巴里?
I'm not giving any DNA samples.
我不会提供任何DNA样本
That's, um, unconstitutional, right?
那是,嗯,违反宪法的,是吧?
You met with the woman, Shirley. Certainly...
你见过那个女人,当然...
I don't want to do it. It's that simple.
我不想做这个案子,这个太简单了
No, it is not that simple.
不,这不是那么简单
We have an obligation as attorneys...
我们作为律师有义务...
Oh, spare me the speech, Paul, would you please?
哦,多说无益,保罗,拜托你了?
Well, evidently, you need the speech.
很显然,你还是要多说一下
Like it or not, this job
不管你喜不喜欢,这份工作
gets dirty from time to time.
一直都是很肮脏的
What the hell is going on here?
这里到底发生了什么事情?
It's just..
只是...
preying on somebody with Alzheimer's when...
折磨某个患了阿尔茨海默氏病的人...
obviously I'm a little sensitive given...
很明显对此我有些敏感...
Given what?
对什么?
I say a if a woman's brain has turned to oatmeal,
我说如果有个女人的脑袋变成了一锅粥
let's throw in some raisins
那就再撒点葡萄干进去
and have her for breakfast.
把她煮煮做早餐算了
What, you think you have to
怎么了,你觉得你要
handle me with kid gloves, Shirley?
跟哄小孩一样来应对我吗,雪莉?
This case has nothing to do with you, Denny.
这个案子和你毫无关系,丹尼
Don't lie to me.
不要对我撒谎
Would you excuse us for a second, Paul?
你能给我们俩点时间吗,保罗?
I know how terrified you are.
我知道你很害怕
Denny... I'm afraid of nothing.
丹尼...我什么都不怕
whether or not you have some mild
不管你是否真的有轻微的
form of Alzheimer's, and maybe you don't,
阿尔茨海默氏病,或许你没有
there is no denying your denying.
都无法否认你那一味的否定
You walk around saying you have mad cow disease.
你四处宣扬你患了疯牛病
God forbid people think you have Alzheimer's.
上帝不让别人觉得你患了,阿尔茨海默氏病
It took your father.
这源自于你的父亲
You're afraid it'll take you.
你怕你也得了这个
You don't know me, Shirley.
你不了解我,Shirley
Hell, I don't even know me.
该死,我都不了解我自己
Have you talked to Alan about this?
你跟艾伦谈过这个吗?
Why should I?
为什么要?
Because he's your best friend.
因为他是你最好的朋友
"Do not crowd the afflicted.
"不要挤向痛苦
Do not chase the afflicted."
不要追赶痛苦"
I'm the afflicted. You think?
我就是痛苦,你觉得?
"Use soothing tones."
"用温和的语调"
"Say the afflicted's name gently."
"轻轻说出痛苦的名字"
"Use comforting phrases such as come back to bed,"
"用让人舒服的语句,比如:回到床上来"
"you are safe, everything is all right, I am here."
"你很安全,一切都很好,我在这里"
So how long have you had these, um, episodes?
你碰到这些,嗯,情况多久了?
Are they, you know, bad?
它们,你知道,很糟糕吗?
Have you ever read "Oroonoko" by Aphra Behn?
你读过Aphra Behn写的,<王子的奴隶生涯>吗?
No. Neither have I.
没有,我也没有
Ladida. By the way, Melissa,
装模作样,顺便问一下,梅利莎
as immune as you are to any
鉴于你对我求爱
sexual advances on my part,
那一部分免疫
I have had the occasional
我想说,偶然我会对
fantasy about the Michelin man.
米其林宝宝有性幻想,(Melissa穿得像米其林宝宝)
People know where I am if anything happens to me.
反正如果我发生了什么事,别人会知道我在哪里
Good work.
做得很好
You can go.
你可以走了
How many patients?
多少病人?
Not too many.
不是很多
Lie to me again, Barry, and you
再跟我撒谎啊,巴里
can get yourself a new attorney.
你可以给你自己再请个新的律师
How many women did you inject your fat into?
你把你的脂肪注入了多少女人身上?
Nine, ten.
9个,10个
30.
30个
You can see, there's an endless supply.
你要知道,这可是取之不尽的资源
You injected your fat into as many as 30 women?
你把你的脂肪注入了30个女人体内?
What do I do? If this gets out,
我能怎么做?如果这件事情捅了出去
it's not like I'm a
并不只是说明了
multidimensional person with a family.
我是个有家的多面人
All I have is my job, my reputation.
我只有我的工作,我的名声了
Before we go any further, um,
在我们讨论更深一步之前,嗯
the injections you gave me
你原来帮我消除水痘伤疤
for my chicken pox scars...
而注入的注射剂里...
do I have extractions from your buttocks in my face?
我会在脸上抽出你的臀部吗?
Oh, my god.
哦,我的上帝
You didn't want to harvest your own fat.
你是不会想要保存你自己的脂肪的
The synthetic stuff has only
这种合成的原料只被
been FDAapproved for a year.
FDA批准使用了一年,(食品及药物管理局)
Some cells are better than others.
一些组织比其他什么都要好
This may sound funny,
这或许听起来很搞笑
but I built my reputation on my ass.
但我的确用自己的屁股建立了我的名声
It's why they all come to me, however unwittingly.
所以她们才会都到我这里来,虽然都不知内情
I would never do anything to harm a patient.
我从来不会做任何有损于病人的事情
My fat, Denise, it's the good stuff.
我的脂肪,Denise,可是好材料
First...
首先...
we are gonna try to settle
我们要来想办法在这些
with these women before they sue,
女人起诉你之前搞定她们
or else your fat ass is history.
否则你的屁股就要成为历史了
Then I will decide whether I sue you myself.
然后我会决定我自己是否要起诉你
I saw Mr. 贝洛斯 crossing the street,
我看见贝洛斯先生穿过街道
and then this big white car came
然后这辆大型白色的车飞快
racing through the intersection and hit him.
驶过十字路口,撞上了他
The car stopped for a moment and then sped away.
车停了一会儿后就很快开走了
People came running out screaming.
人们从四周跑过来大声尖叫
Mr. Bellows was just lying there.
贝洛斯先生就躺在那里
And did you get a good look at
那你是否看清楚了
who was driving the white car?
是谁在驾驶这辆白色的车?
Yes, I did.
是的
It was that boy over there.
就是在那里的那个男孩
I saw him through the windshield.
我通过挡风玻璃看见了他
The streetlight was shining on his face.
街灯正好照在他的脸上
One final question.
最后一个问题
Have you been diagnosed with stage four Alzheimer's?
你是否被诊断为四级阿尔茨海默氏病?
That's what my doctors tell me.
那是我的医生告诉我的
So I get a little distracted
所以我时不时会觉得
at times, but I know what I saw.
很心烦意乱,但我还是清楚我所看见的
That boy hit Mr. Bellows and then drove away.
那个男孩撞倒了贝洛斯先生,然后开车逃跑
Thank you, Mrs. Tuffalo.
谢谢你,Tuffalo夫人
The fact that she's stage four could
她的四级病症可以
give us reasonable doubt right there.
给我们合理的怀疑
Do we really want to risk alienating the jury?
但我们真的想冒疏远陪审团的险吗?
Don't be ridiculous. We
别搞笑,我们
cannot let that testimony stand.
不能让她的证词成立
Just a thought.
只是想想而已
Hello, Mrs. Tuffalo. I'm Shirley Schmidt.
你好,Tuffalo夫人,我是施密特·雪莉
We met the other day. Yes, dear.
我们那天见过的,是的,亲爱的
How are you today? I'm fine, thank you.
你今天怎么样? 我很好,谢谢
You say you get a little distracted?
你说你有些心烦意乱?
I'm wondering how little is little?
我想知道有一点是多少点?
I know what I saw.
我清楚我所看见的
I'm sure you think you do,
我确信你觉得你很清楚
but it was dark and overcast the
在车祸那天晚上天很黑
night of the accident, wasn't it?
又是阴天,不是吗?
It was dark.
是很黑
As for being overcast, it's seldom sunny at night.
因为是阴天,所以到晚上也不会有阳光
The driver never got out of the car, did he?
驾车者一直没有走出过汽车,是不是?
I saw him through the windshield.
我是通过挡风玻璃看见他的
What's my name, Mrs. Tuffalo?
我叫什么,Tuffalo夫人?
It's Shirley Schmidt.
我叫施密特·雪莉
Through the glare of a windshield on a dark night
在一个黑暗的夜晚,透过一百英里外的
from a window well over a hundred feet away,
窗户,你通过反光的挡风玻璃
you were able to see my client speed by?
可以看见我的客户飞速驰过?
I have very good eyesight.
我的视力非常好
Don't your nurses have to lay
你的护士是不是每晚
out your medication every night
必须把你的药片都分好
so that you don't take the wrong pills?
这样你就不会吃错?
Those pills are so small.
那些药片实在太小了
They're right in front of you,
可它们就在你面前
and you can't tell them apart?
你却不能把它们分开?
I can tell them apart.
我可以把它们分开
What are the names of the pills?
那些药片都叫啥?
I don't know or care.
我不知道,也不在乎
I take what they tell me to take.
我吃所有她们让我吃的
What's my name?
我叫什么?
It's Shirley. Shirley what?
叫雪莉。雪莉什么?
Objection. What time do
反对,你一般
you typically take your pills?
在什么时候吃药?
8. 8. You take eight pills every day.
8点, 8片,你每天吃8片药片
Yes. Objection!
是的,反对!
Who is the president of the United states?
美国总统是谁?
Objection, your honor.
反对,法官陛下
Overruled. What day is it today?
驳回,今天是星期几?
I don't know or care what day it is.
我不知道,也不在乎今天是星期几
You don't know what day it is?
你不知道今天是星期几?
How did you get here today?
你今天是怎么来的?
I...
我...
I took the bus!
我坐公车来的!
You were driven by car.
你是被开车送过来的
What's my name? Stop asking me that!
我叫什么? 不许再问我这个!
I saw that boy.
我看见那个男孩了
Shirley! What's that boy's name?
雪莉! 那个男孩叫什么?
No, that's my name, my first name.
不,这是我的名字,我的名
What's my last name? I don't know!
我姓什么? 我不知道
I don't know!
我不知道!
Your last name is whatever it is, damn it!
随便你的姓是什么,该死的!
It's Schmidt.
是施密特
She couldn't remember Shirley's name.
她记不住雪莉的名字
Alan, if I'm ever like that...
艾伦,如果我也像那样...
am I like that now sometimes?
我现在是不是有时候也会那样?
Of course not.
当然不是
Denny, if you're really this
丹尼,如果你真的对这个
concerned, you should get tested.
很关心,你应该去做个测试
I did a couple of years ago.
我几年前做过了
Understood, but to see if things have progressed.
明白了,但还是可以去看看有什么进展
It could give you peace of mind.
这可以让你安心
Or not.
或不是
This motion thingy needs to be
这份移动物品在我们归档之前
signed before we can file it.
需要你先签个字
Let me get this straight.
我们打开天窗说亮话
She slept with you because of the nightmares?
她因为你患了梦魇所以跟你睡觉?
Night terrors. There's a difference.
夜惊,这是有区别的
Wow.
哇哦
Would you do it with me?
你可以跟我一起做吗?
I'm sorry?
你说什么?
If I agreed to get tested,
如果我同意接受测试
would you do it, too?
你跟我一起吗?
I really don't think I have Alzheimer's, Denny.
我真的不觉得我也患了,阿尔茨海默氏症,丹尼
You're afraid of clowns.
你怕小丑
You've got the night terrors.
你有夜惊
There's something screwy going on up there.
你的脑袋里面肯定也有什么混乱的地方
But the problem isn't likely neurological.
但这问题不像是神经学上的那种
Oh, okay, I get it.
哦,好吧,我明白了
It was a stupid idea, anyway.
总之,这真是个愚蠢的主意
Denny
丹尼
Make an appointment. We'll get tested together.
预约一下,我们一起去做测试
First of all, we do not admit
首先,我们不承认
that the fat cells harvested
那些收集后
and injected in your respective lips
注射进你们各自嘴唇的脂肪
were derived from my client's buttocks.
是从我客户的臀部提取出来的
That's a horrible opener. Horrible. Tori...
那真是个可怕的开头,太可怕了. 托丽...
That's not settlement talk.
那不是解决方法的谈话
If I may be allowed to finish
请允许我先把
even assuming the truth of your allegations...
你们假定的真相说完...
She's tricky. Oh, very.
她太狡猾了,哦,非常
Tori... George...
托丽... 乔治...
Ladies, let's hear opposing
女士们,在我们跳起来之前
counsel before we jump to...
先听听她的反方面建议
She was supposed to be our lawyer.
她本应该是我们的律师
Tori?
托丽?
My point is, that even had you
我的意思是,不管你们是否
known the origin of the fat cells,
知道脂肪细胞的来源
you may very well have
你们还是已经同意
consented to the injections anyway.
进行注射
Barry! It's the good stuff.
巴里! 这可是很好的原料
I'm sorry, but did you just
我很抱歉,我的耳朵刚才
say what I think you said?
是不是听错了?
That we would have said okay to this?
我们对此不了了之就算了?
Tori, Kiersten
托丽, 基尔斯滕,
there was nothing in the contract that
在合同中并没有保证说
stipulated it would be your own tissue.
要用的一定是你们自己的组织
All right, this is nonsense, Denise.
好了,这真是废话,Denise
What nonsense.
什么废话
This is what people do
这是人们每天都做的事
every day, especially these two.
尤其是这两位
They agreed to have human
是她们同意在自己体内
fat injected in their bodies
注入脂肪
or collagen made from rendered cowskin,
或是用牛皮做出来的胶原质
hyaluronic acid extracted from rooster combs.
或是从公鸡体内萃取出来的,透明质酸(即玻尿酸)
They shoot botulism in their foreheads.
她们会在前额注射肉毒杆菌
But we're not talking about botox
但我们讨论的不是什么肉毒杆菌
We're talking about this man's buttocks.
我们在说的是这个男人的臀部
And I agree. It's not a pretty picture.
我同意,这真的很难想像
But neither are the blood clots, infections
但手术总是会发生血栓,或是感染
and scarring you risk from your tummy tucks
或是存在在肚子上留下疤痕的险
or the bleeding, bruising and
还有可能大出血,有瘀伤
deflation from your saline breast implants.
你们胸部的填充物发生了泄漏
How about possible nerve
甚至说你们脸部整型手术
damage from your facelifts,
后来造成的损害
the risk of blindness from eyelid surgery?
眼皮手术或许带来的失明危险呢?
It's all pretty ugly, but you did it.
这些都是很丑陋的,但你们还是做了
You know, Ms. Bauer,
你知道吗,鲍尔小姐
you've just painted a pretty pathetic picture of us,
你刚才的确很好地描述了,我们俩的可悲情况
and maybe we're every bit...
或许我们是有些...
That didn't give you the right.
但这也没有给你这种权力来说我们
We're offering you $300,000 each.
我们给你们每人30万的赔偿
Now you might get more if you
如果你们去法院的话或许
go to trial, but you might not,
会得到更多赔偿,但也或许什么也没有
given your propensity to say
因为你们对于每个手术会
yes to any and every procedure.
造成的后果都已经同意了
My client is also willing to treat
我的客户还愿意
you for free for the rest of your lives.
在你们以后的日子里对你们,进行免费治疗
You might not want to have
你们或许不想
anything to do with him now,
现在对他就这么算了
but given that he is reputedly the
但根据他是
best cosmetic plastic surgeon in Boston,
波士顿最好的塑胶整形外科医生
money and services, this is an offer
他的金钱和服务,这可比
potentially worth more than a million dollars.
潜在的一百万美元更有诱惑
But if you go public or sue, the offer is rescinded.
但如果你们公开这件事或对他,进行起诉,赔偿就作废
She has Alzheimer's disease.
她患有阿尔茨海默氏症
She has trouble remembering a
她很难记住很多事情
lot of things, including names,
包括名字
little things.
还有其他小事
But catastrophic events,
但悲惨的事件
traumatic ones, those sink in.
人身伤害事件,那些都会深深记在脑海里
Which is why she remains steadfast that
所以她才会坚持说
Jason Matheny was driving the car that night.
马西尼·詹森就是当晚开车的人
And consider this.
考虑一下这个
If Jason weren't driving that night,
如果詹森那晚没有开车
what a monumental coincidence then that
那也实在是太太凑巧了
Lydia picked him out of a police lineup.
莉迪亚能在警察排出的一组人当中选出他
She just happened to pick the guy
她只是刚好把那个
who owned the offending vehicle.
拥有这辆可怕的驾驶工具的家伙挑了出来
Please!
想想吧!
Lydia picked out the defendant
莉迪亚选出了被告
because she saw him that
因为那晚她通过
night through the windshield,
挡风玻璃看见了他
and that's not changed by the fact
这个事实不能被因为她记不住
she had trouble remembering Shirley Schmidt's name.
施密特·雪莉这个名字而改变
I don't doubt she remembered Jason's face.
我并不怀疑她记住了詹森的脸的事
The police picked him up as the owner of the car,
警察因为他是车主所以把他选了出来
plopped him in a lineup and brought Lydia in.
放进一组人中,然后把莉迪亚带进去
Now we can't know whether the
现在我们无从得知的是
police nudged or influenced Lydia
是否是警察故意引起还是暗示了莉迪亚
to select the man they felt committed the crime,
说选择这个他们觉得引起这场犯罪的人
but it's been known to happen,
但事情的确是发生了
especially with a witness
尤其是这个目击证人
who needs a little assistance.
还需要一些帮助
And that's where Lydia's Alzheimer's comes in.
这时候莉迪亚的阿尔茨海默氏来了
Her brain plays tricks on her.
她的大脑欺骗了她
She takes Jason's face from the
她把詹森的脸从
lineup and transfers it to the car.
一组人中挑了出来,转到了这辆车上
Stage four Alzheimer's is a form of dementia.
四级阿尔茨海默氏症就是属于痴呆了
We have an eyewitness who not
我们的这个目击证人
only couldn't remember my name,
不仅不记得我的名字
she didn't know what day of the week it was,
她也不知道今天是星期几
thought she had come here by bus
她以为是坐公车过来的
when she had been driven by car.
但其实别人开车送她过来的
She suffers from dementia.
她遭受着老年痴呆的痛苦
I know we all feel for her. How could we not?
我知道我们都能感受到她的感觉,我们怎么可能没有感觉呢?
She's adorable,
她很可爱
seemingly trustworthy,
看起来是那么值得信赖
and our hearts have to go out to anyone
我们的心不得不倾向于
who has this insidious disease.
任何患有这种可怕疾病的人
One day we or someone we know will be her.
某一天我们或许我们认识的某人,也会和她一样
More than 1.5 million
超过150万的
Americans suffer from Alzheimer's.
美国人正在遭受阿尔茨海默氏症的痛苦
By the year 2015, that number
到2015年,那个数字会
could increase to 14 million.
增加到1千4百万
This is not someone else's disease.
这不是其他人的疾病
It has or will affect every single one of us.
这已经或会影响到我们中的任何一个
And of course, our heart goes out to Lydia.
当然,我们心里是倾向于莉迪亚的
But this trial is about proving guilt
但这个审讯是除去所有
beyond all reasonable doubt,
合理的怀疑后证明其有罪
and that hasn't happened here.
但这里并没有去除那些怀疑
All the prosecution has given you
所有检控方给出的只是
is a lone witness who
一个孤单的正在遭受
suffers from terminal dementia.
末期痴呆痛苦的证人
Beyond all reasonable doubt?
除去所有合理的怀疑?
You know better.
你们自己知道
Alan?
艾伦?
Alan, what are you...
艾伦,你要干嘛...
Alan!
艾伦!
Whoa, whoa. Do you hear me?
哇哦,哇哦,你听见我说话吗?
Alan!
艾伦!
Alan!
艾伦!
Oh, god.
哦,上帝
Oh, god.
哦,上帝
Oh, god.
哦,上帝
Okay, okay, here we go.
好了,好了,我们这样
Alan, Alan!
艾伦, 艾伦!
Okay, Alan, okay.
好了, 艾伦,好了
Alan, come back to bed.
艾伦,回到床上去
Calm down.
冷静下来
Everything's all right, Alan.
一切都很好,艾伦
Everything's all right! You're safe!
一切都很好!你很安全!
You're safe, Alan!
你很安全,艾伦!
Okay? That's right.
好吗?对了
I'm here now, okay?
我在这里,好吗?
I'm here.
我在这里
Everything's gonna be okay.
一切都会没事的
Okay, you hear me now?
好了,你现在听到我说话了?
All right?
好了吗?
I'm here, okay?
我在这儿,好吗?
Okay, you're safe.
好了,你安全了
Okay, okay.
好了,好了
That's good. No, no worries.
很好,不要,不要担心
Nothing's wrong.
什么事也没发生
Okay, okay.
好了,好了
Yeah, yeah, just relax.
是的,是的,放松
I'm here.
我在这
I'm not going anywhere.
我什么地方也不会去
You'll hear a knocking sound
在我们成像的时候
while we're taking the images.
你会听到喀挞的声音
The main thing is, remain as still as possible.
重要的是,尽可能保持静止状态
Why couldn't Alan have gone first?
艾伦为什么不先来?
I'm right over here, Denny.
我就在这里,丹尼
Okay, still as possible, sir.
好吧,尽可能别动,先生
You doing okay? Fine.
你没事吧? 没事
Here we go. Still.
我们开始了,别动
Maybe I should have removed my...
或许我应该先摘了我的...
watch.
手表
Okay.
好了
Your glutamate levels are about the same.
你的谷氨酸指数和原来一样
So is the evidence of plaque.
微张证明也是这样
But nothing's got worse? I don't believe so.
没有什么恶化吧? 我不这么认为
You do show precursors,
你的确有些先兆
so it's important that you
所以继续锻炼你的头脑
continue to exercise your brain,
对你来说很重要
different areas of the brain.
锻炼头脑不同的区域
Try writing with your other hand, do the crosswords.
试着用另外一只手写字,做些填字游戏
Is it possible I have mad cow disease?
我是否有患了疯牛病的可能?
We can't rule it out.
我们无法排除这种可能
They do have some identical symptoms.
它们的确有一些相同的症状
There could be countless numbers of people
也是有很多的人
we've diagnosed with Alzheimer's
我们诊断说是阿尔茨海默氏症
who really have mad cow disease.
但其实得的是疯牛病
See?
瞧见了?
Do him now.
现在给他做
I'm afraid a PET scan isn't going
恐怕一次PET扫描并不会,(PET:正电子发射型计算机断层摄影)
to tell us why he's afraid of clowns.
告诉我们他为什么害怕小丑
What about the night terrors? He had one last night.
那夜惊怎么回事?他昨晚又发作了
Again... That's okay. I can come
还是... 没事的,我可以
back later after a few hamburgers.
吃些汉堡后再来
You promised you'd get tested, too.
你保证过你也会接受测试的
Denny, those machines can't test
丹尼,那些机器无法测出
for the stuff I've got going on.
我身上到底发生了什么
You tricked me. Hey, Denny.
你骗了我,嘿,丹尼
You haven't gotten worse.
你的情况没有变糟
They agreed to all the terms?
她们同意所有的条件了?
Confidentiality, all of it?
机密性,所有一切?
Apparently the offer of free laser peels
很明显,永久激光除皱这个提议
in perpetuity was just too good to pass up.
实在好得让人无法拒绝
You dodged a nuclear bullet, Barry.
你可躲过了一场大灾难,巴里
Thank you.
谢谢你
That still leaves open the
但还留下了个问题
question as to whether I will sue you.
我是否要起诉你
Denise, I am so sorry.
丹尼斯,我真的很抱歉
I just want to know why.
我只是想知道为什么
Why would you risk your career, your...
为什么你要冒着职业风险,你的...
I don't understand.
我不明白
Look at my face.
看看我的脸
In high school,
在高中
everybody called me "fat ass."
每个人都管我叫"肥屁股"
I think the idea that it could
我觉得会有这么个主意
ever be associated with beauty...
是和美女有关...
I'm obsessed with beauty, Denise,
我被美女迷住了,Denise
obsessed with the thought that these
被这些美丽的女人会
beautiful women would be walking around
携带着一些些Barry Glouberman在体内
with a tiny bit of Barry Glouberman inside them
而走在大街上的想法迷住了
and that when people look at them and admire them,
那样的话,当人们看着美女,在欣赏她们的时候
they'd be admiring a
他们也同时在欣赏
microscopic fraction of my physicality.
那么一点点的我的肉体
You need help.
你需要帮助
If you do not agree to get help,
如果你不同意接受帮助
I will do so much worse than sue you.
我会对你做比起诉更糟糕的事情
You could go to jail.
你会去监狱
I'm not kidding, Barry.
我不是在开玩笑,巴里
I will see you in jail.
我会去监狱见你
I give you my word.
我跟你保证
The defendant will please rise.
辩护方请起立
Madame foreperson, have you
女士,你们陪审团
reached a unanimous verdict?
达成一致裁决了吗?
We have, your honor. What say you?
尊敬的法官阁下,达成了,怎么说?
In the matter of the commonwealth vs Jason Matheny
在联邦政府对,马西尼·詹森
on the charge of vehicular homicide,
驾车杀人的指控中
we find the defendant Jason Matheny
我们一致裁决被告马西尼·詹森
not guilty.
无罪
Members of the jury, the
陪审团的成员们
court thanks you for your service.
法庭感谢你们的出席
You are hereby excused.
你们可以解散了
Thank you, Shirley. You're welcome.
谢谢你,雪莉。不客气
Congratulations, Jason.
恭喜你,詹森
Yeah, thanks.
是啊,多谢
So uh...
那么...
that's it?
就这样了?
That's it.
就这样了
Lydia...
莉迪亚...
I know what I did was...
我知道我所做的...
it's my job.
但这是我的工作
Yes, your job was to secure the
是啊,你的工作就是维护
freedom of a boy who killed somebody.
一个杀了某个人的孩子的自由
I...
我...
wish you well.
希望你健康
You too, Ms. Schmidt.
你也是,施密特小姐
I'm sure by this time tomorrow
我确信明天的这个时候
she won't have any memory
她一定一点都不记得
of how despicable you were.
你是这么卑劣的人
Can I buy you dinner or something, Shirley?
我能请你吃顿饭或是怎样么,雪莉?
Some other time, thank you. The thing is,
再约时间吧,谢了,事情是
I'm having these night terrors.
我最近一直有夜惊
I'm afraid to be alone at night.
我害怕晚上一个人
I don't doubt that you're afraid, but, Alan,
我丝毫不怀疑你的恐惧,但是,艾伦
as much as I appreciate you vesting
虽然我很感激你在我工作
so much responsibility so early into my job, I...
没有多久就给了我这么重要的,责任,我...
I just can't handle being in
我只是不能再处理
charge of saving your life.
挽救你生命的工作了
After last night, I don't think I could fall asleep.
昨晚以后,我觉得我不可能再熟睡了
Okay.
好吧
Thank you, Melissa.
谢谢你,Melissa
You may very well have saved my life last night.
昨晚你也许就很好地挽救了我的生命
I know.
我知道
You're a really weird man, aren't you?
你真的是个很奇怪的人,是吗?
It seems so.
看起来是
Asleep?
睡着了?
Sort of. Difficult day.
差不多,真是艰难的一天
I wish I could say there's been improvement but...
我希望我能说情况有所改善,但是...
Hey, dad.
嘿,爸爸
It's Shirley.
我是雪莉
I won my case in court today.
我今天在法庭上赢了
Not my finest hour.
不是我最精彩的
Not even close.
根本说不上精彩
Well, what shall we read tonight?
好了,我们今晚要读什么呢?
How about "A tale of two cities"?
"双城记"怎么样?
We haven't read that one in a while.
我们有段时间没读这本了
"It was the best of times,
"那是最美好的时代
it was the worst of times,"
那是最糟糕的时代"
"It was the age of wisdom, it
"那是智慧的年头
was the age of foolishness,"
那是愚昧的年头"
"It was the season of light"...
"那是信仰的时期"...
It isn't right.
这不对
I tried that night terror
我把夜惊这个故事用在了
routine on six different women.
6个不同的女人身上
No takers?
没有接受的?
It isn't right.
这不对
Thanks for coming with me
谢谢你今天陪我一起去
today. Thanks for making me do it.
谢谢你让我做了这个
I've always felt friends should
我一直觉得朋友应该
encourage friends to have their heads examined.
鼓励朋友去做脑部检查
You okay?
你还好吗?
Melissa quit her moonlighting job.
Melissa辞去了她的夜间工作
You're really scared.
你真的很害怕
Just concerned.
只是有些关心
Not to worry.
别担心
Oh, all right.
哦,好吧
I'll sleep with you in
我会跟你一起睡在
your room, but not in the bed.
你的房间里,但不会睡一张床
Denny, you sleep like a log.
丹尼,你睡得那么死
I'd have to step on your head for you to stir.
我要踩在你的头上你才会醒
Tie a rope around me.
那就在我身上牵根绳子
You mean it? It'll be like a sleepover.
你说真的? 会像是彻夜狂欢
Friends have sleepovers.
朋友们喜欢彻夜狂欢
We could watch a movie.
我们可以看部电影
Popcorn.Root beer floats.
来点爆米花,加上冰冻根啤
Tell ghost stories. Talk about girls.
讲讲鬼故事,谈谈小妞
Yeah.
是啊
Pretend we're kids.
假装我们还是孩子
Pretend we're kids.
假装我们还是孩子

分享到
重点单词
  • extremelyadv. 极其,非常
  • catalogn. 目录,大学概况手册,商品型录 vt. 做目录,分类
  • identityn. 身份,一致,特征
  • trialadj. 尝试性的; 审讯的 n. 尝试,努力,试验,试
  • blindnessn. 失明;无知;[军]盲区
  • improvementn. 改进,改善
  • reasonableadj. 合理的,适度的,通情达理的
  • obsessedadj. 着迷的
  • knowinglyadv. 故意地;机警地,狡黠地
  • reputationn. 声誉,好名声