波士顿法律第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第13集 心理医生
日期:2017-01-25 10:05

(单词翻译:单击)

Previously on Boston legal
前情提要
Denny got engaged.
丹尼订婚了
Who is it this time? Beverly Bridge
这次是谁? 贝弗莉?布里奇
The woman Denny "Craned" in the coatroom at that charity dinner.
上个星期在慈善晚餐上丹尼,在衣帽间搞上的人
Denny Crane... If Denny becomes incapacitated...
丹尼?克兰... 如果丹尼出了问题...
I'm having a stroke.
我中风了
She could bring down the firm.
她会使整个事务所陷入危机
Maybe you're in love. I am delirious with joy.
也许你恋爱了,我欣喜若狂
How come you're getting involved with a dead guy?
你对和一个快死的人交往有什么感觉?
I, uh, try not to think about it.
我,呃,尝试不去想它
There is nothing romantic about this.
这并不浪漫
It turns you into a corpse before you die.
这会使你变得像行尸走肉一般
It is not too late to get out.
现在抽身而出还不晚
I start chemo again tomorrow.
我明天又要开始化疗了
Okay...
好的...
$2 even.
2元整
Thank you.
谢谢
Hello. May I help you, ma'am?
你好,我可以为你效劳吗,夫人?
Yes, you may, dear.
是的,你可以,亲爱的
Take all the money out of the drawer and put it in a bag, please.
把抽屉里的所有钱拿出来放进袋子里,有劳了
Yes.
是的
Oh, and put some of that delicious beef jerky in there, too.
噢,顺便也放些那种美味的牛肉干
Mr. Shore,
肖尔先生
She said to call you.
她要求找你来
Thank you, Lawrence.
谢谢你,劳伦斯
In a way, I suppose this is all your fault.
某种程度上,我想这是你的错
Oh, dear God how, Catherine?
噢,为什么,凯瑟琳?
How is it that you holding up a convenience store suddenly becomes my fault?
为什么你打劫一间便利店会变成我的错了呢?
You said you would hire me as your personal assistant after the firm fired me,
你说过在事务所解雇我以后,你会请我当私人助理
and I took you at your lying word.
而我把你的戏言当真了
Bad Catherine, bad!
坏凯瑟琳,真坏!
It was a terrible thing to forget, and I'm sorry,
是我不好,我居然把它给忘了
but you are in a lot of trouble here.
但是你在这里惹了不小的麻烦
What else was I to do? A gal's got to eat.
我能怎么做?我总要吃饭
And robbery isn't as bad as killing a man,
而且打劫没有杀人那么恶劣
and you got me off on that.
连那你都可以帮我脱身了
And you've done wonders with your second chance.
然后你就做这让我吃惊的事
Stay here.
留在这
Good evening.
晚上好
I understand you recently suffered a robbery.
我了解到最近你被抢劫了
You a lawyer?
你是律师?
Actually, I'm here more as a
事实上,我更像是作为
friend to the befuddled old woman who...
那位迷糊的老太太的朋友...
Robbed me.
她抢劫了我
Do you know how many times I have been held up this year?
你知道我今年来遇过多少起打劫了吗?
Far too many for you to appreciate her little prank, I'm sure.
多到可以让你忽略她的小恶作剧了,我肯定
May I ask if that's your car out front,
请问外面那辆带有凹痕的
the Datsun with the dents in the side?
达特桑是你的吗?
Yeah.
是的
I have a friend who has a friend.
我有一个朋友的朋友
He's a magician with bodywork.
他是个魔术师,擅长车体的戏法
He'll make those dents disappear, change the color.
他可以把那些凹痕变没,改变车的颜色
He'll make that Datsun look exactly like a latemodel BMW
他可以把一辆德森变得,和一辆最新款的宝马一模一样
Can he make the seats look like leather?
他能把座位变成皮革的吗?
The man's a miracle worker.
那个人非常神奇
We got a problem.
我们有个麻烦
Another sector car called it in.
另一架巡逻车要求支援
I don't have any choice. I've got to book her.
我没有办法了,我不得不做控告笔录
It's late. She's elderly.
已经那么晚了,而且她年纪也大了
Can't we at least defer the arrest?
我们不能够延后拘捕么?
I don't know. Lawrence, please.
我不知道,劳伦斯,拜托了
You owe me. Thank you. You won't regret this.
你欠我的,谢谢,你不会后悔的
Excuse me, officer?
打扰一下,警官?
Can I get my gun back, please?
我能拿回我的枪吗?
When ADA Raines gets back, have her call me immediately.
当地区检察官助理雷恩斯回复后,马上接给我
Yes, sir. Thank you.
是的,先生,谢谢
Could I borrow you for a minute?
我能占用你几分钟吗?
Opposing counsel has made an offer.
对方律师提出了一个建议
I'm trying to get these people to take it.
我在试图说服我的委托人接受它
I'm hoping that you can explain to them that this is as good as it gets.
我希望你能够向她们解释这是个很好的选择
Do I get a hint?
能给点提示么?
It involves invasion of privacy.
涉及到侵犯隐私
A woman, Jackie Hayden, access was
一位女性,杰基?海登
gained to her personal medical records.
她的医疗记录被盗取了
Invasion of privacy, there's an
侵犯隐私,这可是
increasingly familiar tune these days.
最近热门的话题,(侵犯隐私是96年的一部电影,于本集前播出)
This is a little worse than your
这比你那些关于某人被解雇了之类的
typical case of someone being denied a job
官司要糟糕一点
because of a preexisting condition.
因为还有隐情
How much worse?
有多糟?
He never beat me, just my mother.
他从来没有打过我,只是打我母亲
I finally got out when I was 16.
我16岁的时候终于得到解脱
A few years later, Emily's mom
几年后,艾米丽的母亲杰基
Jackie came to us at the women's shelter.
来到女性庇护所寻求我们的保护
She was a mess.
她当时一团糟
They promised my dad would never find her there.
他们保证说我父亲绝对不会发现她在那
For obvious reasons, the name, phone number
出于明显的原因,姓名,电话号码
and location of the shelter are kept confidential.
庇护所的地址都是保密的
We put Emily's mom in touch with a psychiatrist for
我们为艾米丽的母亲找了一个心理医生
posttraumatic stress disorder.
为她治疗精神创伤
The cost of which was covered...
而费用由...
Under her HMO.
她的HMO(卫生维护组织)支付
Unfortunately, the HMO, "Well Benefits" posted Jackie's information,
不幸地是那间HMO将杰基的信息,,包括她医生的姓名
including the name and address of her psychiatrist on their web site.
和地址都在他们的网站,"Well Benefits"贴了出来
Emily's father found Jackie's
艾米丽的父亲通过那"Well Benefits"网站
psychiatrist via the "Well Benefits" web site
发现了杰基的心理医生
and tracked her down at the psychiatrist's office.
然后在医生的诊所找到了她
And that's where...
就在那里...
he killed her.
他杀了她
So this is a wrongful death action,
那么这是一宗非法致死案
and Well Benefits has offered you a settlement?
"Well Benefits"是否提供了和解的协议?
$20,000, no admission of liability.
2万美元,不代表承认责任
Regarding the settlement, I have to agree.
对于这份协议,我必须表示同意
Thank you, Alan. Not with you.
谢谢,艾伦 ,不是同意你
With you.
是同意你
The offer is insulting. These people need to be taught a lesson.
这个建议是很无礼的,这些人需要得到教训
Would you excuse us one moment?
请给我们点时间
$20,000.
2万美元
That's a lot of money for a 19yearold girl,
对19岁的少女来说这够多的了
and I brought you in to make this go away.
而我是让你来说服她们的
I won't do that.
我不会这样做的
What happened to Jackie Hayden was a nightmare,
发生在杰基?海登身上的事是一个噩梦
but to blame the HMO, there was a supervening act.
但是谴责HMO这只是一个附加行为而已
Technically, well benefits didn't break the law.
技术上来说,他们并没有违反法律
But there was a foreseeable danger.
但是这是可预见的威胁
There are consequences in this case,
这个案子的结果表明
dire consequences to putting someone's
把某人的隐私信息披露在网上
most personal information on the internet.
会带来很坏的后果
Well benefits should have known that.

"Well benefits"应该想到这一点
I say we clobber them over the head with it.
我认为我们应该给他们一个教训
This is why people don't ask your opinion a lot.
这就是人们不喜欢问你意见的原因
Most likely.
大致如此
Lorraine, ham and provolone on a baguette. Lorraine
你要的波萝伏洛干酪火腿三文治
Do you have anything without bread?
你有不带面包的品种吗?
These are sandwiches. They have bread.
这些是三文治,它们都有面包
Well, there's a thing called "protein style".
有样东西叫做"纯净蛋白饮食方式"
Yeah, if it don't have bread, it ain't
是的,但是如果没有面包
a sandwich, and I only do sandwiches.
就不是三文治了,我只卖三文治
Do you know who I am? I am Denny Crane's fiance.
你知道我是谁吗?我是丹尼?克兰的未婚妻
Yeah, so?
知道,那又如何?
Hey, Mr. Chase, roast beef and havarti.
嗨,蔡斯先生,你的哈瓦蒂干酪烤牛肉三文治
Catherine, what are you doing here? Catherine
你来这干吗?
I just tried to reach you at your house.
我刚打电话去你家找你呢
I was in the neighborhood. I wanted to see
我刚好在附近,我想知道
if there was any news on my case.
关于我的案子有没有新的进展
There isn't. I put in a call to the DA's office. I have yet to hear back.
还没,我给地区检察官办公室打了个电话,正在等回音
Now about your finances...
现在我们来谈谈你的财政状况...
Oh, we can talk finances and trial strategy.
噢,我们可以讨论一下财政状况和审判策略
Um, can we use osteoporosis as a defense?
我们能够用骨质疏松症来辩诉吗?
Do you have it?
你得了骨质疏松症?
No, but I have a little pillow I can put under my shirt.
没有,但是我有一个小枕头,我可以把它放在衣服下
We'll keep that in our arsenal.
把它作为后备吧
So Catherine...
那么卡瑟琳...
Do you want to talk more now?
你还有话要说吗?
I was gonna catch up with the girls in word processing.
我本来准备去找那个做文字处理的女孩的
Oh, okay. Why don't you do that?
噢,好吧,你去吧
But don't worry. I'll be here.
别担心,我会在这里的
I've cleared my schedule. This gets top priority.
我清空了我的日程安排,这个事情放在首位
As it should, given you're facing 25 to life.
应该的,考虑到你会被判刑
What happened to the sandwich guy?
卖三文治那人出了什么问题?
Uh, Bev fired him.
呃,贝弗解雇了他
Bev doesn't work here. Well, then I fired him.
贝弗莉不在这里工作,那么,我解雇了他
Denny, I thought we agreed you wouldn't
丹尼我以为我们已经达成了协议
fire anyone after you let Vicky Donchey go.
从你赶走了Vicky Donchey后不再解雇任何人
She wasn't pulling her weight.
因为她工作不够努力
She was a client.
她是我们的委托人
Let me tell you something, Shirley.
让我告诉你一些东西,雪莉
You know why this firm is going into the dumper?
你知道为什么这家事务所走下坡路了吗?
Our profits were up 5% last quarter.
我们的利润上个季度上升了5%
People are being coddled.
大伙都被宠坏了
Bunch of layabouts.
一群懒人
Be careful of the cuticle, Ming.
小心表皮,明
Denny... it's starting.
丹尼...又开始了
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
Bev, she's following a similar
贝弗她正开始变得和你的
pattern to your five previous wives.
前5任妻子一样
It starts with her firing the sandwich guy
一开始是解雇卖三文治的
and ends with her influencing policy at
最后她会影响这间事务所的政策
this firm, and it will not be tolerated.
而这是不能容忍的
Now, Shirley, we both know what this is all about.
雪莉其实我们都知道这是什么回事
No, we do not both know what this is about.
不,我们不都知道这是什么回事
It's not about me being jealous of Bev.
这并不是我在嫉妒贝弗
It's about getting the sandwich guy back!
而是要把卖三文治的找回来!
All right, all right. Jeez,
好吧,好吧
if I'd known it was such a big deal... I'll talk to Bev.
早知道这么大件事...我会和贝弗谈谈
Happy ending, Mr. Crane?
皆大欢喜,肖尔先生?
Oh, not today, Ming.
噢,今天不是,明
I'm engaged now.
我订婚了
Wellesley memorial, oncology.
韦尔兹利纪念医院,肿瘤科
Room 4175.
4175房
There is a phone block on that room.
这间病房拒绝电话接入
Could you help me out here? I'm his, um, girlfriend.
你能帮帮我吗?我是他的,呃,女朋友
Hold one second, please.
请稍等
Hello, Ms. Bauer? This is Laura Buckingham, Mr. Post's personal assistant.
你好,鲍尔小姐?,我是Laura Buckingham Post先生的私人助理
Oh, thank God! How is the chemo going?
噢,感谢上帝,化疗进行得怎么样?
He's indisposed at the moment,
他目前不太舒服
but he wanted me to personally assure you he's well.
但是他要我亲自向你保证,他很好
I will phone you in a few days following his treatment.
接下来的疗程中我会致电你告知情况
Uh, could you tell Mr. Post that, um...
呃,你能否告诉波斯特先生,呃...
Tell him I, um...
告诉他,我,呃...
I'm thinking of him. I will.
我在想他,我会的
They're here.
他们来了
Let's go.
我们走
Rejected?
被驳回?
You've got to be kidding!
你在开玩笑吧!
No, I'm much funnier when I'm kidding.
不,我开玩笑的话比这有趣多了
I thought this was worked out. I thought so, too.
我以为事情已经解决了,我也是这么想的
After further consideration, we decided that the offer was inadequate.
经过深思熟虑,我们认为这个建议不够恰当
Oh, what a bunch of crap!
噢,一堆废话!
Young lady, I don't know what nonsense these lawyers
年轻的女士,我不知道这些律师和你说了多少
have been telling you about HMOs and their deep pockets.
关于HMO和我们多富有的废话
Please direct your unfounded arrogance at me.
请将你那傲慢自大的话针对我说
Okay, fine.
好吧
You two are just trying to make an issue when there is no issue.
你们俩正在试图无中生有
No issue? I'm sorry.
无中生有?很抱歉
Did this young woman's mother suddenly spring back to life?
这位年轻女士的母亲突然间活过来了吗?
Her father killed her mother, and we are all upset about that,
她父亲杀了她母亲,我们都感到遗憾
but it was not our fault. However, to make this go away,
但是这不是我们的过错,尽管如此,为了解决这件事
we were willing to give her a gift of $20,000.
我们还是愿意给她2万美元的礼物
Well, as a gift, that's very sweet of you.
不错,对于礼物来说,你们够慷慨的了
We'll put it in the den next to the armoire.
我们会妥善收下的
However, as compensation that you owe Emily Hayden
但是,你们欠艾米丽?海登的赔偿来说
because your negligence led to her mother being brutally murdered,
由于你们的疏忽导致她母亲被残忍地杀害了
your offer is offensive, even more offensive than your tone.
你们的建议实在是很无礼,比你的语气无礼得多
We're done!
没什么好谈的了!
The law is on our side, Mr. Shore.
法律站在我们这边肖尔先生
Tragedies happen every day.
悲剧每天都发生
Yes, and you're about to experience one firsthand.
是的,你很快就会亲自经历一番
See you in court.
法庭上见
Aren't you glad you brought me on board?
把我骗上贼船你不是应该很高兴吗?
Mr. Hayden, is it true you stabbed your
海登先生,你是否用一把餐刀
wife to death with a kitchen knife?
把你的妻子捅死了?
Yes.
是的
You hunted her down? Yes.
你追踪她? 是的
You lay in wait? Yes.
你在等她? 是的
And finally, after you both exchanged words,
而最后,在经过短暂交谈之后
you pulled the knife out and stabbed her seven times in the chest.
你拿出刀朝她的胸部刺了7刀
Yes.
是的
Before you killed Emily's mother Jackie,
在你杀死艾米丽的母亲杰基前
she was living at Renew, a battered women's shelter?
她是否住在一间女性庇护所?
That was my understanding.
我的理解是这样
A shelter, the location of which was kept confidential.
这间庇护所的地址是保密的
As far as I knew.
据我所知是的
Could you tell us how you came to learn of Jackie's whereabouts?
你能告诉我们你是怎么了解到杰基的行踪的?
My computer. Specifically?
我的电脑,具体呢?
I logged on to Well Benefits' web site.
我登陆了Well Benefits的网站
Jackie's HMO.
杰基的HMO
I had her social security number and her date of birth.
我有她的社会保障号码和出生日期
That's all I needed to access the records.
这就是登陆所需的条件
And what did you find?
然后你发现了什么?
Her explanation of benefits.
她的受益说明
It had on it what she was being treated for,
上面写着她正在接受治疗
the location of her doctor and what her copay was.
有她医生的地址和挂号费用
I noticed she was seeing the same shrink every Monday,
我留意到她每个星期都去同一个医生
so I went and waited for her outside his office.
因此我去他的办公室外面等她
Emily?
艾米丽?
The good was we just made a strong
好的方面是我们给陪审团带来
opening impression with the jury.
一个很好的开局印象
The bad was you just had to listen to testimony
坏的方面是你必须旁听你父亲
of how your father killed your mother.
如何杀死你母亲的证词
That's something that nobody should ever have to experience.
这是人们不应该体验的经历
Here's what you should know about lawyers.
关于律师,你需要知道一些东西
I could have sat you down and prepared you for this testimony so as to brace you.
我本可以让你坐下来准备好接受证词
I chose not to.
但是我没有那么做
No tears for the plaintiff, no tears for the jury,
原告没有悲伤就难以感动陪审团
less money.
赔偿款就少
But, Emily, we don't have to keep going here.
但是艾米丽,我们不必要这样继续下去
If you feel this... I want to keep going.
如果你感到... 我要继续
You're sure?
你确定?
Yes.
是的
Okay.
好的
But if you don't care to be in the courtroom...
但是如果你不想呆在庭上...
I want to be there.
我要呆在那里
From this point on, that's not entirely necessary.
从现在起,这并不是必须的
I want to be there!
我要在那里!
I want you to get him, and I want to see you get him!
我要他得到报应,我要亲眼看着他得到报应!
Get who, Emily?
谁,艾米丽?
We're suing a company.
我们在起诉的是一家公司
So I heard Lynette's cyst didn't go away,
我听说利奈特的囊肿还在
and they're gonna have to lance it.
而他们准备开刀把它切掉
All that and her...
这一切还有她...
Hello, Denny.
你好丹尼
Do you still remember who I am?
你还记得我是谁吗?
Or did I leak out your whiffleball brain?
还是你的空脑袋已经把我忘了?
Now her, I know we fired.
她,我可以确定我们解雇了
Alan, any news of the case? Yes.
艾伦案子有进展吗? 是的
Well, make it quick, because I'm having lunch with Judy.
那好,快说,我还要和朱蒂吃午餐呢
Her husband's... again. Well, I have good news.
她的丈夫又...了,好的,我有好消息
The grocery clerk was too busy driving
那位店长忙着开他的新车兜风
around in his plush new ride to press charges,
以至于没有空来提出控诉
and the DA won't prosecute without a complaining witness.
而没有证人地区检察官将不会起诉
What does that mean?
什么意思?
Your case is dismissed. You're free and clear.
你的案子已经解决了,你没事了
Really?
真的?
Catherine, this is good news. Catherine
这是好消息
There are only two "get out of jail free" cards in the game,
游戏里只有2张免狱卡
and you've used them both up.
而你2张都用完了
I did, didn't I? Yes, you did.
是的,不是吗? 是的
Catherine, I want you to have this. Catherine
我想你收下这个
$3,000?
3千美元?
I hope you're not expecting sex for this.
我希望你不是要求我和你上床
I am not. Consider it back pay.
不是,把它看成是你的欠薪吧
Thank you, Alan.
谢谢你艾伦
We'll have dinner soon to celebrate.
我们很快会一起吃个晚饭庆祝一下
You want to rehire the sandwich guy?
你要重新雇用那个卖三文治的?
Well, it wasn't that big a deal.
是的,不是什么很大的事情
Not a big deal?
不是很大的事情?
How would you feel if he raped me?
如果他强奸我怎么办?
What would you do, just sweep that under the rug?
你会怎么做,当没看到?
Oh, come on, Bev. I know the guy upset you.
噢,别这样贝弗,我知道他得罪了你
Damn right he upset me. He was completely rude.
没错他得罪了我,他非常的无礼
But, Denny, I mean, my feelings don't matter here.
但是,丹尼,我的意思是,我的感受并不重要
The sandwich guy didn't disrespect Beverly Bridge.
那个卖三文治的并不是对贝弗莉?布里奇无礼
He disrespected the fiance of Denny Crane.
他是对丹尼?克兰的未婚妻无礼
He disrespected you.
他是对你无礼
That son of a bitch.
那个狗娘养的
If you turn to page 56, appendix B...
如果你翻到56页,附录B...
Uh, sorry, folks. Talked it over with Bev.
呃,打扰了大伙,和贝弗谈过了
The sandwich guy? Still out.
卖三文治的?滚蛋
Okay, we need to deal with this now.
好吧,我们现在要先讨论这个了
We need to deal with the sandwich guy
我们要放下手上数百万美元的布莱克?梅尔热案子
instead of the multimilliondollar Blake Merger?
来处理那个卖三文治的?
No, Bev's influence on Denny.
不,Bev正在向丹尼施加影响
Yeah, believe me, that's next on my agenda.
是的,相信我,这是另外一个议程
Bev fired the sandwich guy. I went to Denny.
贝弗解雇了卖三文治的,我去找丹尼
He talked to Bev, and the sandwich guy is still fired.
他和贝弗谈了,那个卖三文治的还是被解雇了
It's Angie all over again. Or Marcia.
她是安吉的翻版,,或者玛西娅
Or Clovis. From what I have seen,
或者克洛维斯 ,就我看来
Bev is much more formidable than any of the previous Mrs. Cranes.
贝弗比丹尼的任何一个前妻都可怕
If she gets Denny to take his name off the door,
如果她让丹尼把名字从门上取下来
people will think the firm's in trouble.
人们会以为这间事务所出了问题
Clients will stampede out of here.
委托人都会被吓跑
I have an idea.
我有个主意
I realize I haven't been partner for very long, so let me ask you both,
我知道我成为合伙人并不久,所以我想问问你们俩
how much discretion would I have to make this Bev problem go away?
如果我让这个贝弗麻烦消失,,我能使用多大权力?
No chopping off fingers.
不要砍手指
No violence of any kind.
不要使用任何暴力行为
None, I promise.
不会,我保证
Then you have as much discretion as you need.
那你可以放手去做
And in comparison with other
和其他HMO机构相比较
HMOs, Well Benefits would rank where?
"Well Benefits"处于什么地位?
Several prominent publications have listed us
数个出名出版物将我们列为
at the top of our field in terms of customer satisfaction.
我们这个行业顾客满意度最高的公司
And in terms of your web site, specifically security?
你们的网站呢,尤其是安全性方面?
It is considered userfriendly but sound.
被认为是易于使用并且可靠的
We meet the accepted business standard for internet security.
我们的网络安全性达到了商业上接受的标准
If Mr. Hayden uses his criminal ingenuity to illegally obtain information,
如果海登先生使用他的犯罪技巧,非法地获得了信息
that's horrible, but it's what he chose to do.
那很可怕,但是是他的选择
Mr. Orchard, according to my records,
奥查德先生,根据我的文件记录
your company generates approximately
你的公司每年大概可以获得
$1.5 billion in revenues each year.
15亿的收入
Is that right? Approximately.
对吗? 大概是的
Oh, forgive me, your honor.
噢,原谅我,法官阁下
Before I began my crossexamination,
在我开始交叉询问之前
I meant to congratulate Mr. Orchard.
我想先祝贺奥查德先生
His wife recently gave birth to a beautiful baby daughter.
他的妻子最近刚生下一名漂亮的女孩
Thank you.
谢谢你
8 pounds, 15 ounces. Healthy, happy? 8
磅15盎司,很健康,高兴吗?
Thank goodness, yes.
谢天谢地,是的
She was a bit jaundiced when she came out, though,
虽然她刚生下来的时候脸色有点黄
had a little fluid in her lungs which needed to be aspirated.
肺部有点液体,需要用用抽吸装置抽吸出来
Sorry? No, I'm sorry.
抱歉你说什么? 不,我很抱歉
I didn't mean to disregard your other children,
我并不想漠视你的其他孩子
which so often happens with the arrival of the new one.
虽然有新生命诞生时经常如此
You have a 4yearold and a 10yearold.
你还有一个4岁和一个10岁的孩子
Your honor!
法官阁下!
Your honor, I just thought Mr. Orchard would like to know
法官阁下,我只是想奥查德先生会想知道
his 10yearold Carly likes Max Babcock,
他10岁的孩子卡莉,喜欢的人是麦克斯?巴布科克
though Max doesn't know if he likes her back.
虽然麦克斯不知道是否应该喜欢她
At least that's what I ascertained from the chat room.
至少这是我在聊天室里看到的
Objection! All this objecting.
反对! 所有这些都令人反感
Mr. Jovanka, you seem in such a nasty mood.
乔万卡先生,你看上去心情很不好
Could it be the new Lexus you ordered online from a broker has been delayed?
是不是因为你在网上定购的,新款雷克萨斯车的发货延迟了?
Gosh, I hope you're not forced to keep
糟了,我希望你不用被迫使用
driving that sedan with the dent in it
你那由于最近的小车祸
from your recent fender bender.
而导致带有凹痕的老车
Mr. Shore! Yes, your honor
肖尔先生! 是的,法官阁下
By the way, you need to renew your car registration,
随便说句,你需要更新你小车的注册资料了
but congratulations on your colonoscopy.
但是向你的结肠镜检查结果表示祝贺
Mr. Shore! Too personal?
肖尔先生! 太私人了?
It was just information I was able to obtain from web sites
这仅仅是我可以从网站上获得的信息而已
which employ the accepted business standard for internet security.
他们的网络安全性都达到了商业上接受的标准
That is what you called it, Mr. Orchard, correct?
你是这么说的对吧,奥查德先生
Correct.
是的
Here's what I don't understand.
这是我不明白的地方
You're a billiondollar company.
你是一间十亿美元市值的公司
You're in the business of ensuring the health and wellbeing of your clientele.
你们从事保障顾客健康的生意
And yet, you weren't able to ensure the safety of their records,
而你们不能够保证他们的隐私的安全
which you could have done had you spent
而这仅仅需要你在网络安全上投入
just a fraction of those billions on internet security.
你十亿市值的一小部分就可以实现
Mr. Shore, as we all know, health care costs have spun out of control.
肖尔先生,众所周知,健康保险费用在急剧地上升
Information technology is the single largest cost
信息技术对于我们,和其余的财富1000强企业来说
for us and for all other Fortune 1000 companies.
都是一笔很大的开支
If we had upgraded to a more secure system,
如果我们升级一个更安全的系统
more people would have had to do without health care.
更多的人也许会丧失拥有健康保险的机会
And yet fewer would have been murdered.
而会有更少的人被杀害
Thank you.
谢谢
To Denny Crane.
为丹尼?克兰干杯
Now, Brad, did you really ask me here on business,
那么布拉德,你真的是因为公事邀请我来这里的
or are you trying to do a little movein on Denny Crane's girl?
还是你对丹尼?克兰的女人有点企图?
Just business.
只是公事
I'm here to talk about you and Denny.
我想和你谈谈你和丹尼
Well, we're very much in love.
我们非常相爱
If anything changes, though, I'll let you know.
尽管如此,如果有变化,我会让你知道的
Well, as you know, Denny's been married several times,
你知道,丹尼结过很多次婚
and each time, it's ended in divorce.
而每次都以离婚告终
And each divorce has been traumatic
而每次离婚都对丹尼和
and ultimately costly for Denny and Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
Crane Poole & Schmidt事务所造成很大,的精神上和金钱上的伤害
Don't worry about it, Brad.
别担心这个布拉德
I'm sure I'm gonna sign any prenup that Denny wants me to.
我肯定丹尼会让我签一份婚前协议的
This isn't about a prenup.
这和婚前协议无关
This is about avoiding the turmoil of marriage and divorce altogether.
总而言之,这是为了避免婚姻和离婚的骚乱
You lost me.
我没听明白
I'll make it simple.
我说简单点
I'm prepared to give you $500,000 right now
我打算现在给你50万美元
if you walk away and never have any contact with Denny Crane ever again.
如果你愿意离开丹尼?克兰,并不再和他有任何联系
It will save us a lot of money, time and grief.
这样我们可以节省很多金钱,时间和麻烦
But I want you to know that we will aggressively fight
但是我要你明白,我们会尽一切努力
to keep you from exercising any control over Denny or the firm.
阻止你对丹尼或者这间事务所施加影响
I'm gonna tell you two things.
我要告诉你两件事
First, I love Denny Crane with all my heart,
第一,我全心全意爱着丹尼?克兰
and I will never leave him, not for all the money in the world.
就算你给我全世界所有的钱,我也不会离开他
And second...
而第二...
in a moment, you're going to pour your glass of wine all over yourself.
很快,你就会将自己杯子的酒倒在自己身上
Crap!
该死!
Hello.
你好
Hi.
你好
I always feel slightly sick to my stomach
每当我在办公室独自加班到很晚的时候
when I work alone in the office late at night.
我都感觉到胃有一点不舒服
I thought you liked being alone.
我以为你喜欢独自一人
Oh, I love being alone.
噢,是的我喜欢独自一人
I just prefer to be alone when there's other people around.
我只是更喜欢在我独自一人的时候,旁边有其他人存在
So how are you doing?
你还好吗?
Fine.
很好
I have a rabbi friend with a small gambling problem
我有一个犹太学者朋友,他有一点博弈方面的小毛病
who, when he hears someone say they're fine,
每当他听见某人说他们很好时
he always asks again until they
他就会不断地反复问直到他们
say something other than "fine".
说出"很好"以外的东西
So...
那么...
how are you doing?
你还好吗?
I'm seeing someone who's dying of lung cancer.
我正在和一个得了晚期肺癌的人交往
And while he is a very wealthy man,
而尽管他是一个很富有的人
he can't buy his way out of the secondary cancers
他却不能用钱摆脱由癌症初期治疗引起的
that the treatment for the first cancers are causing.
癌症末期的症状
And here's the kicker.
而最棘手的是
He, um, Daniel...
他,呃,丹尼尔...
has completely shut me out of his life.
完全把我挡在了他的生活之外
So now I just wait.
所以我现在只能等待
Denise, I don't know you very well.
丹尼斯虽然我不是很了解你
However, you don't strike me as the type of woman who just waits...
但是,你给我的印象并不是,像一个只会等待的女人...
for anything.
无论什么事
May I help you?
我可以帮你吗?
I'd like to buy some earplugs, please.
我想要买一对耳塞
$2.03.
2.03元
Oh, I'm in trouble now.
噢,我现在有麻烦了
Yes.
是的
What's with me? Indeed.
我怎么了? 确实
I certainly have a lack of impulse control.
我肯定是缺乏冲动控制
I must have ADD or OCD.
我应该是得了注意力不足症(ADD)或者强迫症(OCD)
Or one of those other letter things.
或者其他类似的东西
But I don't want you to think I'm not aware of the hole we're in.
但是我不想你认为我不在乎我们的处境
I get it.
我明白
That's why I want you to know
因此我想你知道
I'm willing to roll up my sleeves
我愿意做好准备
and work with you on this.
和你一起解决它
Maybe we can set up a little office for me at the firm.
也许我们可以在事务所里,设立一个小办公室来处理它
I'll be back. Sir.
我会回来的,先生
Don't go anywhere.
哪都别去
What in the hell were you thinking?
你到底在想什么?
Well, you both gave me discretion to make her go away.
你们说只要能让她离开,我可以放手去做的
But she didn't go away!
但是她没有离开!
So you made this insane offer,
你提出一个导致事务所陷入危机的愚蠢建议
put the firm at risk for nothing?
却毫无所获?
When this gets back to Denny, and it will,
当这消息传到丹尼耳朵里
he is going to blow sky high.
他定会勃然大怒
Now Bev has a chip to play against us.
现在贝弗有对付我们的筹码了
Bev turned down the offer that I made her.
贝弗拒绝了我提出的建议
She was very offended. She, um...
她非常不愉快,她,呃...
Set my tie on fire. Oh, God!
点燃了我的领带,噢,上帝!
But before she tuned me down, she hesitated.
但是在她拒绝我之前,她犹豫了
Just a little bit, but she hesitated.
只是一会儿,但是她犹豫了
This is going to get ugly.
事情将会变得很丑陋
How can I not testify?
为什么我不能作证?
You said yourself I'm the emotion in the case.
你自己说过我是这个案子的情绪焦点
I'm thinking too much emotion.
我想情绪可能有点过头了
I, I don't understand.
我,我不明白
Emily, I could put you on the stand,
艾米丽我可以让你上证人席
exhibit your anger and sadness for the jury,
向陪审团展示你的愤怒和悲伤
and they will be moved, but
而他们会被打动,但是
then the defense has their turn,
轮到被告时
and they'll exploit those very same emotions,
他们同样也会利用这些情绪
taking advantage of your pain.
利用你的痛苦
They'll argue that your vengeance is truly meant for your father,
他们会辩称你的复仇心理是针对你的父亲
and you've refocused it toward Well Benefits,
而你把它发泄到"Well Benefits"身上
the deepest pockets you could find.
从而有机会获得高额的赔偿
And they'll have the jury convinced it's a misdirected
他们会让陪审团判定这是误导
and therefore frivolous lawsuit, and that's how we'll lose.
因此诉讼无效,我们将会输掉
I suspect the most difficult thing one could ask of you is trust,
我想获取你的信任是一件困难的事
but that's exactly what I'm asking for now, Emily.
但是这正是我现在对你的要求艾米丽
Let's get in there.
我们回到庭里吧
Mr. Shore...
肖尔先生...
I wish I could get you to come to the shelter.
我希望你可以到庇护所去
So many of the women there desperately need legal advice,
那儿有许多绝望的女性需要法律建议
someone who will speak to them openly and honestly.
需要某人坦诚和真诚地和她们交流
Are they cute?
她们可爱吗?
You don't fool me.
你骗不了我
You're a compassionate man.
你是一个富有同情心的人
We need to get back.
我们需要回到庭上了
Ned Hayden killed his wife.
内德?海登杀害了他的妻子
He's serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole.
他被判处无期徒刑而且不允许假释
Justice has been served.
正义已经得到伸张
Emily Hayden's loss is immeasurable,
艾米丽?海登受到的伤害是无法估量的
but whatever closure she is seeking,
但是无论她在寻找什么慰藉
she must find it in her soul or through her God,
她必须要通过内心或者诉诸上帝
not through suing Well Benefits.
而不是通过起诉"Well Benefits"公司来实现
Well Benefits could not reasonably foresee this killing
"Well Benefits"没有理由会预见到这次杀害
and did nothing to encourage it.
也没有做起到任何推动作用
They were in compliance with all state
他的网络安全性是符合联邦和州
and federal regulations regarding internet security.
的相关规章制度的
If you find for the plaintiff,
如果你们做出对原告的有利判决
you are punishing my client for playing by the rules,
你们就是因我的委托人依法行事而处罚他
and you are opening a Pandora's box of lawsuits,
这样一来,你们就开启了潘多拉之盒
not just against HMOs, but against all internet businesses.
不单只牵连到各个HMO公司,而是所有的网上商业行为
And who will ultimately end up paying for that?
而最终谁会为这一切买单?
You know. It's you.
你们知道,是你们自己
When I was 11 years old,
在我11岁的时候
there came a time when the temptation
有一段时间,我对我姐姐的生活感到
to explore the more secretive recesses
十分好奇,探知她的秘密的强大诱惑力
of my older sister's life became more than I could resist.
使我沉迷其中无法自拔
I started by poking around in her room.
我开始在她的房间附近闲荡
I ended by reading her diary. In my defense,
而最终我读了她的日记,而我的理由是
she kept it right out in the open, under her mattress.
她把日记本公然地放在她的床垫底下
And the little metal clasp on it was simply no match
而那小小的金属锁头显然对
for the paper clip and the screwdriver.
回形针和螺丝起子不起作用
I was eventually caught,
我最后被抓到了
prompting my sister to have a lock installed in her door.
导致我姐姐在门上装了把锁
The only consequence of the invasion of my sister's privacy
我入侵我姐姐的隐私的唯一后果是
was the temporary loss of her confidence and trust.
我在一段时期内失去了她的信任
The invasion of Jackie Hayden's privacy
而入侵杰基?海登隐私的后果
led to her being stabbed and left to bleed to death in the street.
导致了她被刺伤和在街头流血致死
Privacy and the safety and security
隐私,安全保障
that that word has always implied has, with time and technology,
这些词所蕴含的意义,在时间流逝和科技发展中
become an illusion.
已经变成了幻想
The national security agency
国家安全局
has access to all our email the world over with its Echelon system.
通过他们的Echelon系统可以查看我们的,电子邮件(Echelon系统是美国的情报系统)
Virtually every web site you visit
事实上我们浏览的每一个网站
installs a delicious cookie onto your computer,
都会在你的电脑里安装一个美味的"曲奇" (Cookie这里指的是当你访问某个站点时,随某个,HTML网页发送到你的浏览器中的一小段信息)
which is in fact a spy to track your every move.
事实上它是一个间谍,可以追踪你网上的活动
There are predators out in cyberspace collecting data on your children
当你们的孩子在聊天室里聊天时
while they innocently type away in chat rooms.
有人正伺机收集他们的信息
And that little waiver you've signed in the doctor's office
你们在医生诊所里签下的小文件
most likely allows physicians to share your information on the internet
将允许你的医生将你的信息放上网
with insurance companies,
和保险公司
the government, your employer and the courts.
政府,你的雇主还有法庭共享
Make no mistake, access to your information is easy.
没错,要获取你的信息非常容易
All you need is a person's 5digit zip code,
你所需的只是个人的五位数字编码
gender and date of birth to uniquely identify
性别及出生日期
87% of the US population.
就能够识别美国87%的人口
That is how vulnerable we are, how vulnerable you are.
我们就是这么的脆弱,你们就是这么的脆弱
Well Benefits says they could not have possibly foreseen
韦尔?贝玲妃说他们不可能预见到
the actions of an abusive spouse intent on causing his wife harm.
那位丧心病狂的丈夫会这样伤害他的妻子
Let me tell you what Jackie Hayden could not foresee,
让我告诉你们杰基?海登 ,所没能预料到的是什么
that after years of cruel and violent
在忍受了那么多年她丈夫的
debasement at the hands of her husband,
粗鲁和暴力对待后
after she finally found her way out of the shadows,
她最终从阴影中走了出来
she didn't foresee that the people she most trusted
她没有预见的是她所信任的人
with her health and wellbeing would
她托付健康和幸福的人
lead the darkness right back to her door,
会让她重新面对黑暗的过去
and now she's dead.
而现在她死了
Well Benefits made it easy for Ned Hayden to find his wife,
韦尔?贝玲妃使内德?海登,很容易就找到了他的妻子
as easy as looking under a mattress.
就像找床垫下的东西一样
Madame foreperson, you've reached a verdict?
陪审团主席,你们达成一致意见了吗?
We have, your honor
是的,法官阁下
What say you
是什么?
We the jury find in favor of the plaintiff
我们裁定原告胜诉
and award compensatory
补偿赔偿金为
damages in the amount of $950,000
95万美元
and punitive damages in the amount of $2 million.
而惩罚性赔偿金为2百万美元
Your honor, we move for a
法官阁下,我们提请
judgment notwithstanding the verdict,
法官径自判决动议, (在陪审团裁决后被告,辩护律师可以向法官提出请求法官,不理会陪审团裁决而径自判决的申请)
or in the alternative, a new trial.
或者案件重新审判动议,(陪审团裁决被告要付原告的损害赔偿金额,过高或不当时律师可以提出重新审判申请)
Motion denied.
动议被否决
Jury is dismissed. We are adjourned.
陪审团可以解散了,休庭
Thank you.
谢谢你
Thank you, Mr. Shore. You're welcome.
谢谢你,肖尔先生,,你客气了
I knew you could win this, Mr. Shore.
我知道你能赢,肖尔先生
Well, that's usually the safe bet.
这种案子通常都稳赢的
Tell me, how does a striking latino
我想知道,一个迷人的拉丁女性
woman come by the name Irma Levine?
为什么会取名叫厄玛?莱文?
Congratulations on winning your case. Thank you.
恭喜你赢得了这场官司,谢谢你
Great work. Thank you.
干得漂亮,谢谢
I have to go see the DA about Catherine.
我必须去和地区检察官谈谈凯瑟琳的事
Are you heading somewhere?
你要去哪吗?
Or just waiting?
还是只是等待?
No, I'm definitely not waiting.
不,我明显不会再等了
Let her go?
放了她?
What are you, high? Not yet.
你怎么了,啃药了? 还没呢
She already murdered a man.
她已经杀了一个人了
For which a jury found her innocent.
陪审团裁定她无罪
And now she's on a crime spree.
而现在她肆意地犯罪
Twice in the same
两次都在同一间
convenience store hardly makes a spree.
便利店里说不上是肆意吧
Then what would you call her, an active senior?
那你称她为什么,一个活跃的老人?
No.

I would call her a sad and lonely old woman,
我会称她为一个孤独而悲伤的老妇人
a woman who spent many years living in solitude
一个多年来一直孤独生活
with nothing to occupy her wit and intellect.
没办法施展才华的女性
Then one day, she became my assistant,
然后有一天,她成为了我的助手
and suddenly she was in an
突然间,她在这个环境中
environment equal to the task of entertaining
找到了可以施展她的才华
and stimulating her magnificent mind.
的途径
Then she should have taken up
那么她应该从事
crocheting, not felony robbery.
钩编工艺之类的活动,而不是去抢劫
Granted.
我同意
But for Catherine, this was not about
但是对于凯瑟琳来说,,这不是为了
malice nor financial gain, nor thrill seeking.
蓄意犯罪或者求财,又或者寻求刺激
It was about getting my attention, and she got it.
只是为了引起我的注意力,而她做到了
Her reign of terror is over.
她的恐怖活动将会结束
I promise.
我保证
She pleads guilty to
如果她对持有枪支的不正当行为
misdemeanor possession of a firearm.
供认不讳的话
I'll recommend probation, no jail time.
我会提出缓刑,不用坐牢
Thank you, Ms. Raines.
谢谢你,雷恩斯小姐
One thing. Yes?
有件事,什么?
I do this for you, you do something for me.
我帮你这个忙,你也要帮我一个忙
I'm listening.
我洗耳恭听
Get me an interview at Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
帮我取得Crane Poole & Schmidt,事务所的面试机会
Let's just say being a district attorney
可以这么说,作为一个地区检察官
isn't entertaining and stimulating my magnificent mind.
不是施展我的才华的正确途径
Just get me in the door. I'll get the job myself,
你帮我引见就可以了,我会凭自己取得工作的
and you'll get Catherine Piper back.
而你可以带走凯瑟琳?派珀
I'll see what I can do.
我会尽力而为
These are for you, dill pickles.
这是给你的,莳萝泡菜
They're supposed to alter the metallic
它们应该可以改善化疗过程
taste sensation from the chemotherapy
中产生的金属味觉
and make your regular food taste better.
这会改善你的日常饮食味觉
Well, that is the nicest
这真是我化疗中
chemo gift I've ever gotten.
收到的最好礼物
This may not be the best time to discuss this,
现在也许不是讨论的合适时候
but you're weak, and I'm strong.
但是你很虚弱,而我很强壮
You don't get to set all the rules in this relationship.
你不能对我们的交往设立那么多的规矩
Your whole life, you have
在你的一生中
used money to set the rules,
你利用金钱来定自己的规矩
and now you're using your illness.
而现在,你利用了你的病
I think I should be able
我想我应该可以
to. I... I got the bum lung.
我...我的肺坏掉了
I know, I know,
我知道,我知道
but it, it wasn't right
但是,这样不对
for you to shut me out like that.
你不能这样把我拒之门外
You're right. I'm sorry.
你说的对,我很抱歉
But if you hit me or anything,
但是如果你要打我或什么的
I might literally die.
我可能就会死掉了
Scoot.
移开点
I've been thinking a good deal about my offer
我一直在想我提出的关于
to hire you as my personal assistant,
聘请你作为我的私人助理的事
I've come to the conclusion,
我得出一个结论
Catherine, that I am a terrible boss.
凯瑟琳我是一个糟糕的老板
Oh, no, dear, I don't think so.
噢,不,亲爱的,我可不这么认为
My point is, I've found you a job, a better job.
我的意思是,我给你找了一份工作,一份更好的工作
I don't know.
我不理解
The pay is comparable. It's a startup company,
薪水很好,是一间刚起步的公司
and they need someone with imagination
而他们需要一个有着想像力
and experience, a real people person.
经验丰富,亲民的人
I immediately thought of you.
我马上就想到了你
Dental?
与牙科有关的工作?
I'm sure something can be worked out.
我相信凡事都有解决的办法
So what would I be doing?
那么我要做什么?
Pesto chicken, veggie wraps!
蒜香鸡,素食套餐!
Roast beef on ciabatta! Come and get it.
意大利拖鞋面包配烤牛肉,大家来买啊
I have fruit and hardboiled eggs
我还有水果和煮鸡蛋等
and stuff, but I've got bundt cake.
还有bundt蛋糕
Okay, what are you having there? That's $4 for that.
好吧,你要什么,那个4美元
Thank you very much.
谢谢惠顾
Only a sandwich? Don't you want something sweet?
只要一个三文治?你不要点其他甜点吗?
I've got sweet buns. Oh, no.
我有甜甜圈,噢
So you're in the sandwich business now?
你现在开始做三文治生意了?
A silent investor.
一个幕后投资者
There you are.
你在这
I've hardly seen you this episode.
这集几乎没有见过你
It saddens me.
这使我感到悲哀
Tough case?
棘手的案子?
Yes, lack of privacy on the
是的,网络上缺乏
internet is complicated and...
隐私是一个很复杂和...
overwhelming.
无法抵抗的情况
It doesn't scare me.
这吓不倒我
My life's an open book.
我的生活就像一本敞开的书
So you wouldn't mind if someone tapped a few keys
那么你不介意别人打几个字
and discovered you have mad cow?
就可以发现你得了疯牛症?
I don't care. I tell everybody I meet anyway.
我不在乎,我告诉我遇见的每一个人
Ever looked yourself up on the internet?
有在网上查过你自己吗?
I have. Denny Crane, legal genius. What about you?
有,丹尼?克兰,法律天才,你呢?
No. I don't want to know me.
没,我不想知道自己的事
Oh, I know you. You're not so bad.
噢,我了解你,你不是那么地糟
So I've met this girl. You did?
我遇见了这个女孩,是吗?
Irma Levine. She gives me a bit of trouble. Irma Levine
她给我带来一点小麻烦
Take her to my wedding.
带她去我的婚礼
We just met. Bev and I just met.
我们刚刚才认识,我和贝弗也是刚认识
We're the ones getting married.
我们就要结婚了
You are, aren't you?
你要结婚了,是吗?
Yes, I am.
是的

分享到
重点单词
  • privacyn. 隐私,隐居,秘密
  • rugn. 毯子,地毯,旅行毯
  • temporaryadj. 暂时的,临时的 n. 临时工
  • clientelen. 诉讼委托人,(总称)客户
  • misdemeanorn. 轻罪;品行不端
  • interviewn. 接见,会见,面试,面谈 vt. 接见,采访,对 .
  • offensiveadj. 令人不快的,侮辱的,攻击用的 n. 进攻
  • invasionn. 侵入,侵略
  • trackn. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲 v. 跟踪,追踪
  • unfoundedadj. 无事实根据的,无基础的,尚未建立的