波士顿法律第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第1集 疑难案件
日期:2017-01-18 14:30

(单词翻译:单击)

Tara. Hi, I'm Brad chase from D.C.
Tara.你好,我是Brad Chase,华盛顿来的
Alan Shore. Pleasure. I think that's my seat.
Alan shore.很高兴认识你 我想这里是我的座位
Yes, I did see someone's things here.
哦,这里是有东西
I moved them to a less desirable location.
我给挪边上了
I'm sorry. We're not territorial about that sort of thing around here, are we?
抱歉,我们来这不是为了争这点东西吧?
Denny crane. Yes, Denny, I know. I run the New York office.
Denny crane.是的,Denny,我知道,我是纽约办事处的主管
-Peter stone Oh!
Peter stone.是吗
-Denny crane. - I know. I'm Chicago.
Denny crane.-久仰,我是芝加哥的
My kind of town. Always had the best sex of my life in Chicago.
那地方合我口味,绝对是翻云覆雨的好地方
What about you? Well, um...
你呢?这个...
Greetings, Tokyo, London.
早啊!东京,伦敦
Good morning. Morning, Denny.
早上好 早,Denny
Brad chase, there you are, soldier.
Brad Chase 你来了,战士
Oh. Everybody remembers Brad chase, I'm sure, hell, if I do.
大家一定没忘Brad Chase,如果连我都记得了
It's good to see you, man. All right, everybody.
很高兴见到你,好了,大家
Lock and load. Item one, forget item one.
开工 事项一 去它的事项一
Actually, Denny, item one is a rather urgent matter that we must discuss.
事实上,Denny,第一项十分紧急,必须讨论
Why don't you brief us? Gladly. If we...
不如你来简报?乐意之至,如果我们...
Item two, Beckerman discovery? What the hell is that?
事项二,Beckerman,发明案,什么鬼东西
Uh, well, opposing counsel was granted their motion to compel,
哦,对方律师获准了强制执行
which means we are now required to turn over all correspondence and scientific studies.
这意味着我们必须交出所有的通信记录和科学研究成果
What about the ones we burned before the judge's order?
那法官命令之前烧掉的文件呢?
We didn't burn any documents. Well, sure we did. Do it today.
我们没烧过 当然烧过 今天就烧
All right, Nigel, keep going. We're listening. Uh, if we don't...
很好,Nigel,继续,我们都在听呢 啊,如果我们不...
Item three. Damn it, Denny, this is not a way to conduct a staff meeting. Denny
第三事项 工作会议不能这么开
- Where the hell is Edwin? - Sorry I'm late, good people.
-Edmin到底去哪了,-抱歉,我来晚了,宝贝们
Is it casual Monday?
难道今天是休闲周一?
Edwin... everything all right? Hunky dory. Unbelievable. Not really.
Edwin... 你还好吧 相当的好 难以置信 也不全是
Always figured him for a loon.
我总觉得他是个呆瓜
Tara! Where's Tara? I need Tara! I'm right here, Edwin.
Tara Tara哪去了? 我要Tara 我就在这,Edwin
Oh, thank you. You have to contact Bill. I, I will, Edwin. I promise.
哦,谢谢 你得去跟Bill谈谈 我会的,Edwin,我保证
Apologize for my delay. Then call my wife.
为我的迟到向他道歉,然后打电话给我妻子
Tell her I've had a smallbreakdown, not to worry. Of course.
-告诉她我有点小状况,别担心,-当然
Oh, my goodness. I have the brant appeal.
哦,上帝,商标申请案
- I have the brant appeal. - Relax, Edwin, we'll handle it.
-我的商标申请案,-放松,Edwin,我们会处理的
Denny, guess what, I'm due in court with Tara.
Denny 我要跟Tara一起上庭的
We're on it. Don't you worry. You just get better. Okay.
我们在处理,别担心了 你会好起来的 好的
Demagnetize his parking pass.
把他的停车卡消磁了
- I beg your pardon? - I know when a man is gone.
-你说什么,-我很清楚他是否适合留在这里
Do you think you can handle this case without a copilot?
你有信心独立处理这个案子吗?
Well, I'm not... Who's the judge? -Resnick. He's a schmuck.
这个,我还没... 法官是谁 Resnick 难弄的蠢蛋
Alan, back Tara up. She's before schmuck Resnick.
Alan 帮下Tara,她要对付Resnick那混蛋
See if you can get a damn continuance.
希望还能撑下去
Brad, you got a few minutes? Actually, no. I've got an early shuttle.
Brad 有空吗 说实话,没空,我得赶早班飞机
Get a later one. I need some face time. What's up?
改坐晚点的,有些话得当面说 什么事?
Edwin poole was the only one here able to rein in Denny crane without him.
Edwin Poole是这里唯一能钳制Denny Crane的人,没有他...
If you are about to go where I think you're going...
如果你是想说我认为你想说的...
We need you back in Boston more than in D.C., Brad.
波士顿比华盛顿更需要你,Brad
Lori, Ernidell just came in. He's upset about something.
Lori Ernidell刚到这里,他有些事情不太高兴
I sent him to your office. My office?
-我让他到你办公室里了,-我办公室?
Yeah, the alternative would be Denny's office, and nobody here wants that.
要不就得去Denny的 没人想这样
Excuse me. I need a lawyer. This is my daughter.
打搅,我要请律师 这是我女儿
She tried out for the national tour of Annie, and she was the best one,
她参加了Annie全国巡演的面试 并且是最棒的
and she was passed over because she was black.
但是被拒绝,只因为她是黑人
It's discrimination, it's bigotry, it's prejudice, and we want justice.
这是种族歧视 种族偏见,种族伤害 我们要个公道
Please tell me that you've never seen anything like that before.
告诉我,你都没见过那种事
Baring your ass to 24 attorneys including two overseas, that is an unprecedented triumph.
在24个其中还有两个,海外律师面前光屁股 这可是空前的伟绩
I'm just distraught I didn't think of it myself.
我惊呆了,我都没想过这么干
You know what I like about you? No, I do not.
你知道我喜欢你什么吗 不,不知道
Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt. Brad chase.
对不起,抱歉打搅 我是Brad Chase
Look, I've been asked to stay, which I'm considering,
我被要求留下,虽然我还在考虑中
but I'm concerned that you and I may have gotten off on the wrong foot.
但是我想我们有点开局不顺
I like to be straight up with people, and if there's an issue or conflict,
我待人喜欢直来直去,如果我们有些问题或者冲突
let's address it head-on, if you don't mind. I have trouble talking that fast.
如果你不介意的话,那就直说 我不习惯讲话那么快的
I don't believe in being straight up, but I'm a big fan of your aqua velva commercials.
我也不信什么直来直去 但我挺欣赏你的绕口令表演
There's a potential client in the conference room.
会议室里有位潜在客户
I'd like for you to meet with her. Oh, forgot to mention, I outrank you.
我想你去会见她 噢,差点忘了 我的级别比你高
Do you? And I'm such a slut for authority.
是吗 我视权威如粪土
All right, you think the two little boys could get off the playground now?
好了,你们两个小男生玩够了吧
-kiss today - I don't want to sing.
Kiss today.-我不想唱
You need to practice. You want to make Juilliard?
你得练习,你想成为Juilliard吗
kiss today Kiss today goodbye.
Kiss today. Kiss today goodbye.
Oh, my. Never mind "oh, my." She sings like a sparrow.
哦,天呐 不用惊讶 她的歌声就像灵雀
Here, look. I've got these producer notes,
这些,你看 这些制作人的评论
which I was able to get ahold of because of my own personal ingenuity, says she has the most talent.
全是靠我的足智多谋拿到的,上面说她天赋异禀,潜力无限
You can read it for yourself.
你可以看看
I'm afraid there's been a terrible mistake.
我想这里有个大大的误会
I don't do musical comedy.
我不看音乐喜剧的
Annie's a drama. It's full of suspense on whether the little girl gets to live with the rich guy.
Annie是舞台剧 悬念丛生 讲的是小女孩能否与富翁共同生活
It's dramatic. Can I help you? Yes, I need to speak to Edwin poole immediately.
引人入胜 -要帮忙吗,-我要见Edwin poole,马上
I'm afraid Mr. Poole has stepped out. You don't understand.
-Mr. Poole已经出去了,-你不了解
This is an urgent matter. Where the hell is Edwin poole?
事情紧急 Edwin Poole哪去了?
Hi. Is there anything I can do to help?
你好,有什么我可以帮忙的吗
Yes. My ex-husband is trying to take my children from me,
我前夫想夺走我的孩子
and Edwin poole, he missed my hearing today, and I've been calling his cell phone, and...
Edwin Poole竟然错过今天的听证会 我一直打他的手机
I mean, what the hell is going on around here?
这里到底是怎么回事
Excuse me. I'm Brad chase. We're gonna take care of this for you.
你好,我是Brad Chase 我们会为您处理的
Now, why don't you just take a seat in the conference room?
不如我们到会议室坐下谈
I'll get you a glass of water. All right. Thank you.
我给您倒杯水 好吧 谢谢你
Hey. Yeah. I was handling it. - I just thought I'd help out.
-嘿,-嗯 -这件事我正在处理,-我只想帮帮忙
That's very nice, but again, I was handling it.
真是绅士,不过,再说一遍,我在处理
So why does it bother you that I'm trying to help?
那我帮忙有什么让你不满的吗?
Well, maybe because you feel I can't deal with a client on my own.
也许你觉得我不能独自应对客户
I don't feel that way at all.
我没那种想法
Well, then I guess I really have no idea what you feel.
那么就是我根本不知道你的想法喽
I guess not. And that's supposed to be my fault?
-我想也是,-那是我的错?
Wait a minute. You two have had sex. I'm sorry.
等等 你们两上过床啦 抱歉
We're not territorial about that sort of thing around here, are we?
我们来这不是争这些东西的吧?
You're not gonna tell me. I would prefer to tell Denny.
你不想跟我谈 我更想跟Denny谈
-Ernie Where the hell is he?
Ernie, -他去哪了?
you and I have done business for a long time,
你我共事很久
and we've always been able to talk to each other.
总能坦诚相见
If I'm to help you here... My wife is cheating on me.
如果我能帮到你... 我妻子对我不忠
And she informed me that she has been cheating on me for entire marriage.
她还告诉我她一直都在这么做
It's been a fraud from day one. Okay. First, you've only been married since August.
这个婚姻一开始就是欺骗 好吧,首先,你八月份才结的婚
Second, you've had five other marriages dissolve, each...
其次,你还有另外五次离婚,每次...
But this, this was the real thing. What's the goal, to get her back?
但是这次,这次是认真的 那你想要什么?让她回到你身边?
I, I'd like to put a private investigator on her, get some proof.
我,我想找私人侦探,跟踪她,收集证据
If she's admitted... Goal being to get some compromising pictures to use as leverage.
如果她都承认了... 目的是拍到照片,做为手段
In hopes of... Negotiating an annulment.
以此来... 协商宣告婚姻无效
I know it sounds crazy, and I know I'm one of those obnoxious stage mothers. I get that.
我知道这有些疯狂 我也知道我是那些让人讨厌的怪妈妈,我知道
But Sarah worked hard. I've tried to teach her what you earn, people can't take that away from you.
但是Sarah很努力的练习 我只想让她知道,你应得的东西别人不能夺走
She's earned this, Mr. Shore.
这是她应得的,Mr. Shore
I have no doubt, but you realize producers do have discretion on that,
我深信不疑 但你应该知道制作人也有判断失误的时候
and the art of casting strikes me as a very inexact science.
挑选演员是艺术而不是精密科学
If they knew they were gonna go white, why'd they let her try out at all?
如果他们只选白人,为什么还要她去试镜?
Why'd they let her get her hopes up?
为什么还让她有所希望?
I'll tell you why. So they can pass themselves off as equal-opportunity employers,
我告诉为什么 这样他们就能躲过公平就业法
so they can claim to be about diversity.
就能宣称尊重多样化
They want it both ways, Mr. Shore, and my daughter got hurt. That was our deal.
他们想一举两得,我的女儿却受到伤害 我们约定好的
I would work two jobs, put him through business school, then he would put me through medical school.
我做两份工,供他读完商业学校 然后他供我读完医科学校
A week after he graduated, he got a job running a mutual fund,
他毕业后一周找到了工作,运作一个共有基金
and a week after that, he left me. Our kids were 4 then. Twins.
再一个星期,他离开了我 当时我们的孩子4岁 双胞胎
Simon and Harry. They're 8 now. Oh, they're beautiful. Thanks.
Simon和,Harry 现在他们八岁了 噢,他们真漂亮 谢谢
In their peewee league uniforms.
穿着他们的小联盟制服
You know, he's never seen one of their games.
他从来没去看过一场孩子的比赛
He pay your way through med school? Take a wild guess.
他供你读完医科了吗?你说呢?
I don't care, though. I've graduated now,
但是我不在意的,我现在毕业了
I've got a residency waiting for me in New York city,
我在纽约得到了住院医生的机会
but Matthew won't let me take the boys out of state.
但是Matthew不让我,带着孩子们离开这个州
Says he wants them close by, these boys he sees once a month.
说想跟他们亲近,他一个月要见一次面
It's nothing but spite. Now, look, we're gonna reschedule a hearing.
他只想刁难我 好吧,我们会重新安排听证会
I'm sure everything is going to work out fine. You just have to be patient.
我肯定事情会顺利解决的 你只需要有耐心
If I'm not at columbia presbyterian 8:00 A.M. Monday morning, they will give my spot away.
如果我不在周一早上八点,到达columbia presbyterian,我的职位就给别人了
That can't happen. I have worked too hard to build a life for these boys.
这绝对不行,我为了这些孩子的生活,已经太累了
We can't tail the wife. It's what he wants, Denny.
我们不能跟踪他妻子 这是他的要求,Denny
Can't do it. Not ethical. She's a client, too.
不行,不合职业道德 她也是客户
What I would suggest is we send a letter of withdrawal to end-run the conflict,
我的建议是我们解除和她的客户关系,避免利益冲突
get an opinion letter of outside counsel... I don't want to tail the wife.
-建议她另找律师,-我不想跟踪她
Denny, I don't need to tell you that Ernie dell is one of our biggest clients.
Denny不用我说,Ernie Dell是我们,最大的客户之一
If he wants a private investigator, what's the real harm?
如果他想找私人侦探,有何不妥?
The harm would be to me. I'm sorry? I'm the one sleeping with his wife.
不妥的是我 什么?跟他妻子上床的是我
Denny is having an affair with the woman.
Denny跟那个女人有染?
I've got a senior partner saying don't tail her,
资深合伙人说不要跟踪
I've got a client wanting snapshots. What do I do, Paul?
重要客户说要大照片 我该怎么办,Paul?
Convince Ernie that the private investigator idea is a bad one.
说服Ernie跟踪不是个好注意
Oh, sure. You have enormous persuasive skills, Lori. You're handling me. I am.
噢,当然 你是个极好的说客,Lori 你在说服我 我是
And I need you to handle Ernie. I will handle Denny.
我需要你去说服Ernie,我去搞定Denny
Tara? Hi. Don't be offended by this.
Tara?嗨,你别生气
I know you're a great lawyer with exceptional legal skills. And?
我知道你是个很棒的律师,学识渊博,技巧熟练 然后?
I need you to flirt with Ernie dell. Excuse me? The man is a profound skirt chaser.
我要你去勾引Ernie dell -什么?-这个男人完全的追蜂逐蝶
What's wrong with your skirt?
你这只蝴蝶怎么不让他追?
Okay, look, men sometimes find me attractive.
好吧,男人有时候会认为我挺有吸引力
From time to time, they'll even hit on me. It's all deeply rewarding, but you...
有时候还会追我 这都是些深层的东西,但是你...
What me? You're hot. Yeah. Kind of... nasty hot.
我怎么?你很漂亮 嗯,那种风骚的漂亮
Men would leave their wives for you, and I need to make Ernie forget about his wife, so...
男人会为了你甩了老婆 而我需要Ernie忘掉他的老婆,所以...
- If you think that I... - Don't make me pull rank.
-如果你觉得我会...-别逼我利用职权
You can file your sexual harrassment claim tomorrow,
明天你可以控告我性骚扰
but today, now, you need to meet with Ernie.
但是今天,现在,你得跟我去见Ernie
It seems the client can't pay,
看起来有位顾客没钱付费
so the firm will have to eat the cost of prosecuting this matter.
所以必须要公司吃掉这笔开销
I'm sure the partners won't object
如果他们听说是你分派任务给我
when they hear that it was a case you assigned to me.
肯定不会太反对的
I'll tell you what. I'll pay the cost of prosecuting the case.
这么跟你说吧 我会替这个案子买单
Of course, if you were a betting man...
如果你要打赌的话
You win, I pay, you lose, you pay. Bit of a gamble, I realize.
你赢了,我付钱,你输了,你付钱 有点像赌运气,我知道
I'll pay double. You got another hearing?
输了我付双倍 你们争取到了再次听证会?
That's the good news. The not-so-good news is we probably won't win it.
那是好消息,没那么好的消息是,我们可能会输
But it at least gives us leverage to get your ex-husband in a room.
但是起码能让你跟前夫坐下来谈谈
Wait, wait. What are you talking about?
等等 你们在说什么?
We want to take a shot at a settlement.
我们想和解
Now, if your ex cares anything about these kids... He doesn't.
-如果你前夫还关心孩子们的话,-他不会
This is all about getting me. Have I not been clear about that?
这都是针对我,我还没说明白吗?
He doesn't even know the kids.
他对孩子们甚至一无所知
I've dealt with bad ex-husbands before.
我以前跟坏前夫们打过交道
Mr. Chase, no offense, but you have never dealt with this one.
Mr. Chase,无意冒犯,但你没见过这么坏的
Trust me. This is little orphan Annie, for god's sake.
相信我 上帝啊,这部剧是孤儿Annie
If she doesn't look the part.
如果她看起来不像这个角色
I didn't realize we did racial profiling for ourcomic strip characters.
我还不知道漫画人物的选角要做,人种调查的
These are private investors. There is no state action involved.
这是私人投资,不涉及任何政府行为
How would the story change if Annie were black?
如果Annie是黑人的话,剧情会改变多少?
Your honor, are you serious?
法官阁下,你当真?
Counsel, we are talking about adoption here.
辩护人,我们在说收养问题
Daddy warbucks isn't the biological father.
Daddy Warbucks不再是亲生父亲
Exactly how would the story change?
故事还能变多少?
Little orphan Annie is an iconic character based...
孤儿Annie是以漫画人物为基础的...
I want to see her. - Excuse me? - The girl who got the role.
我想见见她-您是说?-得到角色的小女孩
I want to compare. Your honor, is that really fair to the other little girl?
我想做比较 法官阁下,这样对那个小女孩公平吗?
Counsel, if she can sing eight times a week
辩护人,如果她能每周八次在,3000多人面前表演
in front of 3,000-plus people a night, she can sing in front of me.
她就能在我面前表演
Get her in here. I want the private investigator.
把她带来 我要找私家侦探
The thing is, Ernie, the photographs will have no legal relevance.
事实上,Ernie,照片没有任何,法律相关性
They can't facilitate an annulment.
对解除婚姻是无效的
I am the customer here, Lori. The customer isn't always right.
我是客户,Lori 客户不全是对的
May I... make an observation?
我能... 提出意见吗?
I really don't know you, Mr. Dell, but I suspect there's a reason
我并不认识你,Mr. Dell 但是我好像知道为什么
why all these younger women want to marry you.
那些年轻女人会想嫁给你
It's called money. You're wrong. It's called power,
为了钱 你错了 你有一种力量
and you derive a lot of that power not just from being handsome and... sexy, but from being dignified.
不仅仅是因为你的英俊还有... 性感,也来自你的高贵尊严
Hiring a private investigator is beneath you.
雇佣私家侦探不是您的所为
There are many young, beautiful women out there who would love to jump into your... Wife's place.
大把的年轻美女 争先恐后的想要成为你的 妻子
I know this sounds crazy, but...
我知道这有点疯狂,但是
you might want to look at this as an opportunity.
也许这也是一次机会
Paul. You and I go back a long way, Denny.
Paul. 我们的交情很久了,Denny
Completely mindful of the fact that you helped build this place,
让我清楚的记得,你也对创建这个地方功不可没
the partners here will not allow you to dismantle it with your buffoonery.
合伙人决不容许,你的无稽行为毁了这个地方
What did you say to me? I don't think you want to hear me say it again.
你对我说什么?你不会想听我说第二遍
To have an affair with the wife of one of our biggest clients,
和我们最大客户的妻子有染
it disrespects both Ernie dell and this firm.
对Ernie和公司都是侮辱
- We have other clients. - Not like Ernie.
-我们还有其他客户,-比不上Ernie
But your point is well taken. Everybody is fungible.
但是你的观点没错 没人是不可替代的
Lori colson won't tail my wife. -Ernie I want you to do it.
Lori Colson不肯跟踪我妻子 -Ernie,我想让你做
I'm not talking to you. Get it done, Denny.
我没跟你说话 给我搞定,Denny
Denny, I'm having a bit of an identity crisis. Denny
我一直有点性格认同危机,
I've always prided myself on being, well... nuts.
我总为自己是疯子感到 骄傲
But in this firm, I find myself falling into the sane category.
但是在这个公司里,我找到了同类
You think I'm nuts, do you? Are you scared? Scared?
你认为我是疯子,对吧?你害怕吗?害怕?
What would I be scared of? Edwin poole is a friend.
我要害怕什么?Edwin Poole是你的朋友
You've seen him just go off the high dive.
你目睹了他的崩溃
Edwin poole's problem is he doesn't like being Edwin poole.
Edwin poole的麻烦是,他并不喜欢做Edwin poole
From time to time, he'd... look in the mirror and ask,
有时候,他会望着镜子 问道
"what's the point?" I never do that.
这有什么意义?我从不这么做
Questions like that'll kill you.
那样的问题会毁了你
Questions like "what's the point?" Look, take you for example.
意义的问题?拿你做例子吧
Tomorrow you're gonna go into court and argue that some little fat black kid
明天你走进法庭 争论那个胖胖的黑人女孩
should be able to play a little skinny white one.
能否扮演皮包骨头的白人女孩
What's the point? You don't ask. That's the point.
什么意义?你不去问,这才是关键
You're gonna win, by the way? The world wants to know.
说到这里,你会赢吧?整个世界都想知道
I'm afraid not. There's no state action.
恐怕不会。这不是什么政府行为
We've asked for specific performance with no clear evidence of discrimination.
我们必须在特定履行条款找到歧视行为,又没有明确证据支持
I don't like losing, especially when there's a wager involved.
我不喜欢输,特别是有赌注的时候
Well, don't, soldier. Pull the rabbit out of your hat.
那就别输,战士 从帽子里变出只兔子来,
That's the secret of both trial law and life. Rabbits. Yeah
这是生活和庭审共同的秘诀。兔子?是的。
Excuse me. I'm looking for... you, actually. All my life.
打搅 我来找...你,我一生的追求
Matthew Tara Alan I had a girl who looked like you once, married her.
Matthew. Tara. Alan.有个女友跟你很像,我娶了她
Now she looks like you. Where the hell is my lawyer?
现在她看起来就像,你 我的律师哪去了?
If you took summer plus winter breaks, spring break, holiday weekends,
如果寒暑假,春假 节假日周末,孩子都归你
you start to get pretty close to what you have right now. Pass.
你们会比现在亲近的多 不考虑
That's too much custody for super dad.
这对超级好爸爸来说,监护权有点多了
Is there any acceptable scenario that would allow for Sharon to enroll in her program
有什么你可以接受的条件 能让Sharon不离开她的孩子
without leaving the boys behind?
还能继续工作的?
We could each take one. Excuse me?
我们可以一人分一个 你说什么?
You know, like that nazi movie where the woman has to pick which kid to keep.
就像某个电影里的母亲,必须选择哪个孩子可以活下去
Sophie's choice. Thank you. Only this is Sharon's choice.
-Sophie的选择,-谢谢,只是变成了Sharon的选择
One goes with her to New York, I keep the other one. Done. That's outrageous.
一个跟你去纽约,一个跟我留下-事情结了,-太过分了
The boys love each other. They're best friends.
孩子们爱对方 他们是好朋友
It's a little weird, don't you think?
感觉有点怪,你不觉得吗?
Let's see what happens when we split them up. Stop doing this!
不如我们分开他们,看看会发生什么 住嘴
You have already scarred your children enough to last a lifetime.
你已经让他们的一生伤痕累累了
Imagine how that feels to a little boy,
他们的父亲对他们满不在乎
knowing that their father could care less whether he sees them or not.
想想小孩子会有什么感觉
And yet if it means denying me something that I want,
你还拒绝我的理想
something that I deserve, something that this family needs,
拒绝给予我应得的,这个家庭所需要的
suddenly you're a, you're a concerned father.
然后突然间你就变成一个好父亲了
Damn you! And what about my needs, huh?
你应该下地狱 那我的需要呢?
What freakish nightmare did I step into that turned my wife, who was hot,
是什么恶梦,让我的妻子,曾经那么漂亮
who had sex with me, who liked to go out with me at night into some earth mother,
喜欢跟我做爱 喜欢夜里跟我出去约会,变成了什么
world record-setting breast feeder.
世界母乳喂养记录保持者
And now you wanna leave your kids with some non-english-speaking nanny for 100 hours a week
现在你还想让孩子 每周跟不会讲英语的保姆呆100个小时
so you can live out your E.R fantasy life? Be my guest.
好让你过急诊室的刺激生活?你自便
But it's not my problem that you're not good enough to get hired anywhere in the entire state.
但你不够优秀,不能让全国任何地方都雇佣你 这就不是我的问题了
Denny you hire that P.I. yet? I asked you a question.
Denny,你有没有雇佣私家侦探?我在问你
Truth be told, my relationship with this firm hangs in the balance.
说实话,和这间公司的合作关系,我要重新考虑了
Uh, Ernie, why don't we step into my office... Ernie
不如到我办公室谈
I'm talking to Denny. All right, Ernie, truth time, my office.
我在跟Denny讲话 好吧,Ernie 真话时间,我办公室
This is not gonna be easy for you to hear, but it needs to be said.
你听到也许不好过 但是必须要讲
I don't give a damn who slept with your wife. Neither do you, really.
我一点都不关心,你老婆跟谁上床,说真的,你也不会
You don't love her. This is an ego thing.
你不爱她,只是自我骄傲的问题
She's a trophy girl, something for your friends to admire.
她就是个战利品,好让你的朋友羡慕你
Maybe you should be flattered. I'm not... I'm talking. Ego, Ernie.
也许你该感到高兴 -我没,-听我说 骄傲,Ernie.
You acquire fast cars and young wives
你要跑车,年轻妻子
to try and stay young yourself in the hope of confusing youth with relevance.
好让自己觉得年轻,好让自己不被遗忘
Well, here's a flash for you. We're all desperate to be relevant.
给你一句提醒 没人想被遗忘
You're 76 years old. Wanna feel you still mean something?
你已经76岁了,还想证明自己吗?
Move to Florida, punch a chad, screw up an election.
搬去佛罗里达,搞点选票,操纵下选举
Don't go looking for affirmation between the two artificial jugs of a woman who married you for...
别在女人的两个假胸之间寻找肯定 而且她嫁给你
gee, could it be your outstanding sense of humor?
是因为你杰出的幽默感吗?
Take a swing if you want to, if it makes you feel better.
动手啊,如果你能舒服点
The guardian, Ad litem acknowledged in her report in the last year
本案所涉之监护人陈述书中已表明
Mr. Caldertook custody of the boys only one weekend a month.
Mr. Caldertook去年每月,仅照顾孩子一个周末
Mr. Calder has been steeped in a major work crisis at his company.
Mr. Calder被晋升为公司风险投资的,主要管理人
I don't care if he's been dismantling a nuclear weapon.
对方是否拆核弹都与本案无关
The fact is he hasn't been there,
事实是对方一直没有尽到父责
and there's no doubt that my client is, in practice, the primary custodian.
毫无疑问,我的当事人完全拥有第一,监护人的权利
Now, this woman is struggling to make a life for a family he doesn't..
我的当事人在为孩子的生活而努力,对方却
Wait, she can't make it in the commonwealth?
她不能在本州找到工作吗?
She'd love to, but the offer of employment comes from New York.
当然乐意,不过她的工作机会来自纽约
Now, my client has made every sacrifice.
我的当事人做出所有牺牲
That's what parents do, Mr. Chase. You have kids, you make sacrifices.
为人父母,Mr. Chase.就意味着牺牲
They got married here, they had children here.
他们在此地结婚,就要在此地养育孩子
Mr. Calder, as fathers go, Mr. Calder I consider you a disgrace.
做为父亲,我认为你十分失职
Ms. Brant, there is a reason for this policy. Ms. Brant
此项政策事出有因
We don't like angry spouses yanking kids across state lines.
我们不希望愤怒的父母拉着孩子,穿州过省
It's an undue burden on the family unit.
这对家庭是不当的负担
Accordingly, your plan to relocate with your sons remains enjoined.
因此,你和孩子的移居申请被拒绝
What now? I don't know. I, uh...
现在怎么办?我不知道 我,嗯...
I guess that didn't go too well.
我想事情不太顺利
When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely
When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin and say
I just stick out my chin and grin and say
tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you,
tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you,
tomorrow, you're always a day away
tomorrow, you're always a day away
Thank you. That... Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you,
非常感谢...Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you,
tomorrow, you're always a day away
tomorrow, you're always a day away
That was great. Sarah, that was magnificent,
太棒了 Sarah,非常精彩
but the other little girl was quite good, too,
但是另一个小女孩也非常好
and given the discretion that has to be allowed to producers in these situations..
鉴于此种情况下,制作人拥有自由选择的权利
Your honor, we have something called the equal protection clause,
法官阁下,我们有平等权利保障条款
we have something called the 14th amendment.
有第14修正案
I believe it's actually required reading for judges.
我确信法官阁下都曾经阅读
I could be wrong there. Could I be heard, your honor?
也许我是错的 请允许我发言,法官阁下
I heard about this matter.
听说此事
I would like to address this court on what I consider...
我十分乐意在此表达我的观点
I'm sorry, reverend, but you have no standing here.
很抱歉,神父,您没有立场...
I have standing as an American citizen speaking upon a civil rights violation.
我以一个美国公民的身份 在此评论公民权利的侵犯
Reverend Sharpton I will ask you to step down.
Sharpton神父,请你退下
I am standing as Bobby kennedy was standing on the steps of the courthouse in Alabama.
我站在此地,正如Bobby kennedy,站在Alabama州法院的台阶上
No one is denying this little girl an education, sir.
先生,没人在否认她的受教育权
She just can't play Annie.
她只是不能扮演Annie.
You may think this is a small matter, but this is no small matter.
也许您认为这是小事,但它不是
This child is being denied the right to play an american icon
这个孩子被拒绝了成为美国偶像的权利
because she doesn't match the description.
仅仅因为她不符合漫画形象
Those descriptions were crafted 50 years ago.
那些作品已经过去了50年
We supposed to be in a different day.
今日的世界应有所不同
Reverend... You talk about racial equality, how we're making progress.
-神父,-您说种族平等 取得了怎样的进展
The problem with that progress is it's always a day away.
但这种进展总是在说未来如何
Tomorrow, tomorrow, you love that because it's always a day away.
明天,明天,你们喜欢它,因为它总是在今天之后
I'm here to stick out my chin today, today.
我要在今天疾呼,就在此时此刻
Give us an African-american spider-man.
给予我们黑皮肤的蜘蛛侠吧
Give us a black that can run faster than a speeding bullet
给我们一个比子弹还要快
and leap over tall buildings in a single bound.
穿梭在高楼顶端的黑人英雄吧
Not tomorrow, today.
不是明天,而是今天
Today. The sun needs to come out today,
今天,太阳要在今天升起
not tomorrow, your honor.
不是明天,法官阁下
God almighty, give the American people a black orphan Annie.
全能的主啊,请赐予美国一个黑皮肤的,孤儿Annie吧
It's just not good enough to say she doesn't look the part.
说她不像角色,这个理由是站不住脚的
That's what we call a rabbit, son.
这才是那只兔子,孩子
Denny crane. What if we file a TRO in Federal court on behalf of the kids?
Denny crane.我们可以孩子的名义向联邦法院申请,临时限制令
On what grounds? I don't know. They've been denied a right to interstate travel.
什么依据?我不知道,他们刚被拒绝了跨州旅行的权利
That's dubious. But I like your thinking. Come here for a second.
不一定有用 但我喜欢你的想法 过来一下
Look... I just... I just need to know.
听着 我只是 我只想知道
Sally... Brad Alan The deadbeat doesn't even see his kids, doesn't know them,
Sally... Brad. Alan.那个流氓都不见他的孩子,不了解他们
and he's using them as weapons to destroy his ex-wife and them.
他只想利用孩子毁掉他的前妻,还有孩子
And that's why you were so upset? The case? It's a little hard, okay?
这就是你不高兴的原因 案子?事情有点麻烦
I, I prefer him in D.C.
我更希望他留在华盛顿
Do you think I should start working out with weights, maybe do some calisthenics?
你觉得我需要开始健身减肥吗?跳点健美操什么的
- Internally express my... - So like him?
-讲心里话...-还喜欢他?
Well, what context are you asking this, Alan?
干吗突然说这个,Alan?
I mean, are you asking this like a boyfriend, or...
你是说像男朋友,还是...
I'm not allowed to ask questions? Am I? About Tara?
我不能问这个吗?我能问吗?你跟Tara
What about Tara? Nothing.
Tara怎么了?没怎么
Anyway, he left, I got very depressed, drank a lot, hit on too many boys...
不管怎样,他离开了,我沮丧,酗酒,跟很多男生鬼混
until I met this one boy. Man. Distinguished. And then I just...
直到我遇到了这个男生 男人 杰出的男人 我只是...
Okay, how small is the town of Boston? What?
-得了吧,波士顿到底才多大?-什么?
The dirtbag is right over there. Bradley?
那混蛋就在那边 Bradley?
The ex-husband. Really trying to strengthen that family unit.
那个前夫为了家庭还真辛苦
What are you doing? I just need to use your thingy for a second.
你要干吗?借你东西用一小下
Can we get out of here? I don't, I don't want to look at that pig.
我们离开这吧,我不想再看到那头猪
Okay. We're off. I told him we're all desperate to be relevant.
好 走了 我告诉他没人想被遗忘
Were you able to dissuade him? I think so.
你能劝得了他?我想是
Denny, do you think you were talking about yourself a little? Denny
你有没觉得你在说自己?
You're feeling a little desperate to be relevant lately.
你为自己就要被遗忘感到痛苦
Don't waste your time trying to get in my head. There's nothing there.
别想钻进我的脑袋 什么想法都没
They're not going to take the firm from you.
他们不会把公司从你身边夺走的
First, Paul lewiston could never get the votes.
第一,Paul得不到足够的支持数
Second, he wouldn't want to. The man loves you.
第二,他也不愿意这么做 他爱你
I'm not worried, Lori. Do I look worried? Yeah, look out there.
我根本不担心,Lori,我看起来像在担心吗?看看那里
My domain. My city. I'm Denny crane.
我的领土 我的城市 我是Denny Crane
I would be happy to buzz Mr. Calder.
我很乐意为您电话通知Mr.Calder
You're very kind, but, look, I'm already here.
您真是好心,不过我已经到了
There's a meeting in progress, though, and I've been instructed not to disturb him.
但是里面正在开会 他指示我绝对不能打搅
Hello, Matthew. Shame. I was quite hoping to interrupt something tawdry.
你好啊,Matthew 真可惜 我还希望能撞见大场面呢
I'm Alan shore. Your colleague and I just met,
我是Alan Shore 跟你们这位同事刚刚认识
but we seem to share a proclivity for exotic women and illicit behavior.
但是好像我们都挺喜欢异国美女,和非法勾当
Can I steal you a second? What's going on?
能借用你点时间吗?到底什么事?
I'll keep it quick. These are for you. Photos. Snapshots, really.
长话短说 这是给你的 相片,快照,实际上
Some delightful little business between you and a hooker.
你跟一位风尘女子的愉快交易
Friend of mine, actually. I earn frequent flyer miles. She's a lovely woman.
她跟我老相识了 我都在累积飞行里程数 长的真动人
I arranged for her to seek you out at the bar.
我安排她在酒吧钓你
I particularly like that one, don't you?
这张我特别喜欢,你觉得呢?
Gives your bottom a nice aura. Here's the deal.
让你的臀部有种不错的,光晕,条件如下
Sharon and the kids get to go to New York or I start printing copies.
要么Sharon,和她的孩子搬到纽约,要么我开始复印这些照片
Is that powdered sugar, by the way,
另外,你拍在她那双傲人胸脯上的
that you're snorting off her magnificent porcelain breasts?
是糖粉吗?
You are a lawyer in a prestigious law firm, for god's sake. I know. Awful.
你是有声望的律师行的律师 我知道,我很坏
Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I'll need an answer on this now.
我也憎恨圈套和勒索 但是现在我只要你的回答
Tara. I need to apologize. I know how degrading that had to be with Ernie, and...
Tara.我得道歉,我知道让你勾引Ernie,有多屈辱
Not at all. In fact, I slept with him last night.
一点也没,事实上,我昨天跟他上床了
Anything for the team. Yeah, I suppose I deserve that.
一切为了团队 好吧,是我活该
This wasn't so much for the team as it is for Denny.
这不是为了团队,而是为了Denny
- There's some stuff going on. - What stuff?
-有些事情,-什么事情
Denny, I need another moment.
Denny,我们谈谈
I was thinking how right you are not to hire a private investigator.
我一直认为,你不让我雇私家侦探非常正确
I thank you for your counsel.
感谢你的忠告
After all, it's possible that I might learn something that could upset me even further.
毕竟,那样会让我听到一些更让我难过的事情
I hadn't considered that. Did you consider that, Denny?
我没考虑过那会是什么 你想过吗Denny?
Ernie, I don't have time to consider all the things I have to consider.
Ernie我没时间考虑所有事情
Should we sit? Oh, please. See, the thing is, the fool that I am,
能坐下吗?请 事实上 我是个傻瓜
I went out and hired a P.I. on my own, and guess what I found out, Denny.
我自己找了一个私家侦探 猜猜我发现了什么,Denny
I'm not sure, Ernie, but you need to know that I'm billing you for all these rhetorical questions.
我不太清楚,Ernie 但是你知道你这些反问,我还是要收费的
My own lawyer... My friend... with my wife.
我的律师朋友和我的妻子上床
Gee, Denny crane is silent.
上帝啊,Denny crane,也无话可说了
Talk to me about my quest for relevance, Denny. Tell me about my ego.
再说那些遗忘啊,Denny. 再说我的骄傲啊
Come up with one last profound thing to say before I pull this trigger.
在我开枪之前,再说最后一句深奥的话
Come on, Denny, talk.
说啊,Denny,说
I want to hear what the great Denny crane has to say now.
我想听听伟大的Denny现在想说什么
First off, clients come in here all the time wanting to shoot me.
首先 经常有当事人跑来想开枪杀我
You know what I tell them? Go ahead.
知道我告诉他们什么吗?动手啊
The worst thing about growing older, Ernie,
变老最糟的地方,Ernie
you begin to slip. One day you wake up and you're less than, and for me, I'm a legend, Ernie.
就是你开始衰落 早晨醒来,发现自己大不如前 我是一个传奇,Ernie
I'm folklore in this town. Lawyers have feared me for years.
是这座城市的传说 律师们因我是对手而恐惧
For Denny crane to slip, it would diminish my legacy.
Denny crane衰落,这会有损我的传说
It would be a tragedy. Denny crane has to go out big, page one of the Globe. Denny crane
将会是场悲剧 必须轰轰烈烈的倒下,要上全球日报
New York times, even. Do me a favor, Ernie.
甚至纽约时报的头条,成全我,Ernie
Pull the trigger. Immortalize the legend. Pull the trigger.
开枪 让传说不朽 开枪
I don't ever want to be less than. Don't let me become irrelevant. Pull it.
我决不想衰落 别让我被遗忘,开枪
Okay. But before I do, don't you at least want to apologize? I do.
好吧 在那之前 你难道都不道歉吗?真心的
I'm sorry, my friend. I'm truly sorry.
对不起,我的朋友 真的抱歉
Ernie uh, that gun, I bought it for you, remember? It's a starter pistol, Ernie.
Ernie,那把枪,是我送你的,还记得吗?是把发令枪,Ernie
It's a controversy. That's what Al sharpton does,
这将是场论战,Al sharpton就是干这个的,
and he does it well. He doesn't just make noise.
他干的还不错,不是哗众取宠
-Mr. Shore He lights and carries a torch of racial controversy.
Mr. Shore...-而是点燃了民权运动的火炬
Which you know, which is why you're here.
你知道这点,所以你才来这
We need to put this one out, good people.
我们得好好解决,伙计们
Controversy is bad business for musicals.
争论对音乐剧来说是场灾难
Your production will open and close faster than you can say trent lott.
在你们请到Trent Lott之前肯定关门大吉,
I assume you've come with a proposal. Let's have it. Sarah?
你们应该带着提议来的吧 Sarah?
When I'm stuck with a day that Okay.
When I'm stuck with a day that -好了
We'll offer you the role of understudy on weekends.
每个周末做为替角表演
- Plus three matinees a month. - Done.
-再加每月三个日场,-成交
Sarah? He pulled a gun on him. It only shot blanks, but, yeah. Drama's over.
Sarah?被枪指着?虽然只是把空枪 一切都过去了
How's it feel being back? It's all right. Let me ask you a question.
回来的感觉如何 不错 问你个问题
I'd appreciate an honest answer. Okay. Do you think I talk too fast?
要听实话 好 我讲话快吗?
Sometimes you're a little brisk.
有时你稍微的,活力充沛
I think it's good business practice, not to mention good business ethics.
我认为这是好习惯,更别说好的职业道德了
We charge by the hour. Our clients pay for the time that we spend talking.
我们按小时收费,顾客听我们讲话,都要付钱
As attorneys, we have an obligation not to overbill our clients,
做为律师,有义务替客户节省开支
so if I talk fast, it's just because I feel... ethically bound.
如果我讲话快,只是因为...道德约束
He makes fun of me. I'm sorry? Shore Thinks I'm a Ken doll.
他视我为笑柄。什么?Shore.把我当Ken娃娃看,
No, it's not right. He calls me a Ken doll, while he... plays with your barbie?
这不公平,他叫我肯娃娃,而他...跟你的芭比娃娃玩?
Excuse me. Hi Sharon.
打搅了 嗨 Sharon.
I just, I just came to say thank you, not that I agree with your tactics,
我只是来说声谢谢 虽然我不赞同你的方法
but what this means to me and, and my children...
但是这对我和我的孩子很重要
Well, thank you so much. I will never forget this.
非常感谢,我会永远记得的
Remember that book, "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"? Yes.
还记得那本书吗?-飞越疯人院,-是的,
Is there a point, or did you just want to know if I'd read it?
有什么意义吗?还是你只想知道我,是否读过
There you go again, always looking for a point.
你又来了,总在寻找意义
Matthew calder just agreed to let his wife move with their children. Fantastic.
Matthew Calder刚同意她的妻子和,孩子搬走 妙极
You got pictures of him with a hooker. You blackmailed him.
你拍下了他跟妓女的照片,你在勒索他
You make it sound unsavory. Listen to me.
从你嘴里讲出来真不好听 听我说
I know how you practice law. I don't practice law like that.
我知道你怎么实践法律,但这不是我的做风
It was a rabbit. Well, really a bunny. Marines don't like bunnies?
这是奇招,好吧,是诡计 你们海军不喜欢诡计吗?
You know, the only reason I don't report you to the bar myself...
我没有向律师协会告发你的唯一原因
is because Sharon might not be able to go to New York with her children,
那样Sharon就不能跟她的孩子搬到纽约了
which, shockingly, is more important than our combined ethical egos.
令人吃惊的是,这比你我的道德骄傲,要重要多了
You know what, sport? You and I, now... officially have a relationship. Great.
跟你说,伙计 你跟我,现在站在同一条跑道上了 很好
Perhaps we can get together and do a couple of push-ups... Sport. Hooker rabbit.
也许我们还能在一起做点俯卧撑 热热身 妓女战术
I love it. You know, you never answered my question the other night.
我喜欢这主意 那天晚上你还没回答我的问题
Which was? Are you scared? Only thing to be scared of, son, is tomorrow.
哪个问题?你害怕吗?明天是唯一让我害怕的东西
I don't live for tomorrow. Never saw the farther. Denny Crane...
我不是为了明天活着 决不顾虑太多 Denny crane...
What was that? Nothing. Here's to no tomorrows.
什么意思?没什么 敬没有明天

分享到
重点单词
  • acquirevt. 获得,取得,学到
  • rhetoricaladj. 修辞学的,符合修辞学的,修辞的
  • distraughtadj. 烦恼的,发狂的,异常激动的
  • relocatev. 重新装置,再配置,放在新地方
  • exceptionaladj. 例外的,异常的,特别的,杰出的
  • interruptv. 打断,打扰,中止,中断 n. [计算机]中断
  • briskadj. 敏锐的,凛冽的 adj. 活泼的,活跃的,快的
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅
  • protectionn. 保护,防卫
  • porcelainn. 瓷器,瓷