看电影《足球尤物》学英语第24期:精彩的嘉年华
日期:2014-01-08 10:37

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Sebastian, honey, this is your mother.
塞巴斯蒂安,我是你母亲
I’m calling to remind you about the carnival tomorrow.
我打过来提醒你明天的嘉年华会
You and your sister promised you’d both be there. Bye-bye.
你和你妹妹保证会去的 明天见
Crap! Forgot about that!
糟了!我都忘了!
Wait, your mom’s in Junior League? - Yeah. How’d you know?
慢着,你妈也加入女青年联盟? - 是啊,你怎么知道?
So is mine. I gotta go too.
我妈也是。我也得去
I can’t deal with this right now. I have soccer to worry about.
我现在没时间管这个 足球赛怎么办?
Not gonna be that bad. Olivia’s gonna be there.
不会那么糟 奥莉维亚会在那儿
It’s a perfect opportunity for me to lay some groundwork.
正好能让我为拍拖打好基础
Oh, Olivia’s gonna be there.
哦,奥莉维亚会在那儿
And my sister.
还有我妹妹
And Monique. And you.
摩妮琪,和你
And my mom.
还有我妈
Great.
万岁


妙语佳句

1.remind about
提醒……
I ought to remind you about our agreement.
我该提醒您有关我们的协议。

2.deal with
处理;涉及;做生意
Rather than deal with reality, we deal with hope.
与现实相比,我们更愿意处理希望。

剧情百科

薇欧拉的母亲这时打电话来提醒薇欧拉关于嘉年华的事情,出席嘉年华是一件好事,但是,薇欧拉要以哪个身份出席呢?

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.Consequently, the repressed ethnic people have little option but to ______ ______ arms in resistance.
结果,受到压迫的少数民族人民几乎无法选择,迫不得已拿起武器进行抗争。

2.She is trying to ______ me ______ changing my mind.
她正试图说服我改变主意。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.In that case, we'll have to put off the sports meet till next Saturday.
如果那样的话,我们只好把运动会推迟到下个星期六了。

2.My sisters put on their best dresses.
我的姊妹穿上他们的最好地穿着.

分享到
重点单词
  • optionn. 选择权,可选物,优先购买权 v. 给予选择
  • resistancen. 抵抗力,反抗,反抗行动;阻力,电阻;反对
  • repressedadj. 被抑制的;被压抑的 v. 抑制;镇压;约束(r
  • carnivaln. 嘉年华会,狂欢节,饮晏狂欢
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • consequentlyadv. 所以,因此