看电影《姐姐的守护者》学英语第11期:莎拉被起诉了
日期:2013-12-12 19:30

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Someone here to see you.
有人来看你了
MAN: Sara Fitzgerald? - Yes. - Sara Fitzgerald?
是我
You've been served.
你被起诉了
KELLY: What is that?
那是什么?
SARA: 'Petition for medical emancipation by....
医学自由请愿书
SARA: 'The ability to make future medical decisions independent of parents...
(Anna有)独立于父母做出未来医疗决定的能力
not to be forced to submit treatment including donating her kidney.'
不得强迫(Anna)服从包括捐肾在内的治疗方案
Anna. what is this? Is this from you? Anna,
这是什么,你弄来得?
Yeah. l got a lawyer.
是啊,我请了个律师
SARA: You're suing us?
你在告我们?
Well. honey. what the hell is going on?
好啦,宝贝,这究竟是怎么回事?
l don't want to do it anymore. Mom.
我不想再做了,妈妈
You don't want to do it anymore? That's it? You don't want to do it?
你不想接着做?就这样?你不想做了?
Guess what? Neither do l and neither does Kate.
你知道吗? 我和Kate也不想这样
No.
是的
Please. - lt's not like we have a choice.
求你了 - 看起来我们没有选择余地
That's the thing. l do. l do have a choice. SARA: Really? Is that so?
是这样,但是我有,我有选择的权利 - 真的,真是这样的?
Yeah. - That's your sister. Have you forgotten?
是的 - 那是你姐姐,你忘了?
No. - Do you know what's gonna happen?
没忘 - 你知道会发生什么?
Yeah. Believe it or not. Mom. l actually thought about it.
是的,不管你信不信,我确实想过
KELLY: Have you lost your mind? SARA: What is she doing?
你疯了吗? - 她在干什么?
KELLY: What the hell were you thinking? SARA: What the hell is she thinking?
你究竟在想什么? - 她究竟在想什么?
l don't understand....
我不懂
MAN: Let's hit it now. go.
快点,扑灭它
GUS: Fit2geraldt Fitzgerald
Your wife called. she said to give her a call. it's important. 911.
你老婆打电话过来,叫你回电,很重要的事,十万火急
Just telling me now? - l'm not your secretary.
现在才告诉我? - 我又不是你秘书
Get your own frigging calls. - Goddamn it. Gus.
打你那个要命的电话吧 - 该死的,Gus


妙语佳句

1.be forced to
被迫
If the claims of the other side prove true , we may be forced to alter our position .
如果对方的主张被证明是正确的,我们可能被迫要改变我们的立场。

2.believe it or not
信不信由你
Believe it or not, this is something everyone can do.
信不信由你,每个人都能做到这一点。

剧情百科

在医院里莎拉接到了来自法院的传票——安娜起诉父母的传票已经发下来了。接到传票的那一刻莎拉以为安娜是疯了……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.But that is your affair; we do not ______ ______ your problems.
但那是你自己的事情。 我们不愿意干涉你们的问题。

2.I certainly did not run for president to bail out banks or ______ ______ the capital markets.
我竞选总统,当然不是为了纾困银行或干预资本市场。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.You just arranged matters so that no one was in the way.
你仅仅只需要把一切都安排好,这样就不会有人挡道了。

2.In view of business ties between you and me, we may consider reducing prices.
鉴于你我双方长期的业务关系,我们可以考虑减价。

分享到
重点单词
  • independentadj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的 n. 独立派人士,无
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • kidneyn. 肾,腰子,类型
  • petitionn. 祈求,请愿书,诉状 vi. 请愿,祈求 vt. 向
  • bailn. 杓,保释,保证金,担保人,把手 vt. 往外舀水,
  • alterv. 改变,更改,阉割,切除