计算机英语会话(MP3+中英字幕) 第13期:计算机是如何工作的(1)
日期:2015-03-14 11:44

(单词翻译:单击)

Chapter 4
第四章

How does a computer work?
计算机是如何工作的?

Dialogue 1
句型1
A: Mark ,your computer has just turned off all by itself!
马克,你的电脑刚刚自己关掉了!
B:Actually ,it just went into energy saver mode.
其实,它只是进入省电状态罢了。
A:Energy saver mode, what's that?
省电状态?那是什么?
B:If the processor hasn't received any input for a certain period of time ,it turns off the monitor.
如果处理器有一段时间没有接到任何输入的话,就会把显示器关掉。
All you have to do to turn it on again is move the mouse or hit a key on the deyboard.
想要再打开,只要动一下鼠标或碰一下键盘上任何一个键就可以了。

Dialogue 2
句型2
A: So, you've decided to get a laptop computer?
那么,你决定买笔记本电脑了?
B: That's right, It's more expensive and harder to fix,but I'm on the road so much.
是的。虽然比较贵而且也不太容易维修,不过我经常跑来跑去。
I have to have something I can take with me.
我必须要买可以随身携带的。

Dialogue 3
句型3
A: Did you get your new laptop yet?
你买新笔记本电脑了没有?
B: No, I've done some shopping ,but it's hard to decide .
没有。我逛了一下,可是很难决定。
A:Why's that?
为什么?
B: Well, I've found one that I like quite a bit, It has 15-inch screen with good resolution.
嗯,我看到了一台很喜欢的。15英寸的屏幕,解析度不错。
but it doesn't have a built-in-CD-ROM.
但没有内置的光盘驱动器。
The other has both a floppy drive and CD-ROM built-in.
另外一台,含有内置的软件盘驱动器以及光盘驱动器。
but the screen is small and it's just too heavy.
不过屏幕太小了,而且也太重。
A: I guess you can't have the best of both worlds.
我想鱼与熊掌难以兼得。
B: I guess not.
我想也是。

Dialogue 4
句型4
A: I like storing my pictures on disc because it gives me lots of options.
我喜欢把照片储存在CD中,有很多的方便。
B: What sort of options does it give you?
什么样的方便呢?
A: Well, first of all, it provides a safe, compact place to store them.
嗯,首先,它提供一个安全而集中的储存空间。
Second,I can do lots of fun things with them with the image-editing software I have.
第二,我可以利用现有的摄像编辑软件做出很多有趣的事来。
B: Is there anything else?
还有呢?
A: Well, if I want to, I can print them out later.
哦,如果需要,事后也可以把它们印出来,
or I can also use the computer to present them as a slide show for my friends.
或者也可以直接在电脑屏幕上放出来给朋友看,就像放幻灯片一样。

分享到