(单词翻译:单击)
Recording One
录音一
You dream about being a movie star.
你梦想成为电影明星 。
You'll live in a big house in Hollywood, go to the Oscars every year—and win!
你会住在好莱坞的大房子里,每年都去奥斯卡捧得奖杯!
You'll be rich and famous.
你会有钱又出名 。
Wait a minute, you also hate having your photos taken, and you're very shy.
等一下,你也很讨厌拍照片,而且你还很害羞 。
So how could you ever become a movie star?
所以你怎么可能成为电影明星?
Choosing a right career can be hard.
选择合适的职业可能很难 。
Many people graduate from school or college not knowing what to do with their lives, and get a job without really thinking about it.
很多人从学校或大学毕业,却不知道该做什么工作谋生,然后不加思考地找了个工作 。
For some, things work out fine, but others often find themselves stuck in a job they hate.
对于部分人结果还不错 。但其他人发现自己困在了一个讨厌的工作里 。
Your working life lasts an average of forty years, so it's important to find a job you like and feel enthusiastic about.
你的职业生涯平均约四十年,所以找到你喜欢的,能让你充满热情的工作是很重要的 。
Luckily, there are many ways you can get help to do this.
幸运的是有不少方法能帮你实现 。
The Australian website, www. careersonline. com, compares choosing a career with going to the movies.
澳大利亚网站 www.careersonline.com 将选择职业类比为看电影 。
Before you see a movie, you find out what films are showing.
看电影前,你要知道电影放些什么 。
The site suggests you should do the same with your career —find out what jobs are available and what your options are.
该网站建议你规划职业时也这么做,找到可以做的工作有哪些,看看选项有哪些 。
Next, decide which movie you like best; if you're not a romantic person, you won't want to see a love story.
然后决定你最喜欢的一部电影;如果你不浪漫,肯定不会想看爱情故事的 。
In other words, with your career, you should decide which job will suit your personality.
换句话说,规划职业也应当决定什么工作最适合你的个性 。
Finally, decide how to get movie tickets, and find out where the theater is before you go.
最后,在出发前决定买票的方式,找到电影院的地址 。
With your career, you need to find information about where you can work, and how to get a job in that profession.
规划职业你则需要弄清可以工作的位置,以及找到某种职业工作的方法 。
So, how do you start?
那么,你怎么开始呢?
Begin by asking yourself some questions.
从自问一些问题开始 。
Some jobs require you to have certain life experiences:
某些工作需要你拥有某些经历:
Have you traveled overseas?
是否去过国外?
Do you have any extra certificates besides your degree, such as a first aid license, for example?
除了学历你是否还有其他证书,比如急救护理证书?
Your physical state and build can also affect which jobs you can do.
身体状况和体质也会影响你能干的工作 。
A person, for example, who is allergic to cats would probably never become an animal doctor.
比如,某个人对猫过敏,就可能永远无法成为兽医 。
Flight attendants, firefighters, and police officers have to be over a certain height, and be physically fit.
空乘、消防员和警察需要超过一定身高,以及身体健康 。
Your personality matters, too.
你的个性也很重要 。
Are you outgoing or shy?
你外向还是内向?
If you like working alone, a job that requires lots of teamwork might not suit you.
如果你喜欢独自工作,需要很多团队合作的工作可能不适合你 。
Choosing a career can take time and a lot of thought.
选择职业需要花费时间,需要大量思考 。
However, when you know you can look forward to working in your dream job, you'll be glad you thought it through.
不过当你知道能够对梦想中的工作有所期待时,你一定会很高兴自己做了充分考虑 。
Questions 16 to 18 are based on the recording you have just heard.
请根据你刚刚听到的对话回答问题16至问题18 。
16. What does the speaker say about many college graduates?
问题16:说话者关于许多大学毕业生说了些什么?
17. What does the Australian website suggest you do first to find a suitable job?
问题17:澳大利亚网站建议你找合适的工作第一步该干什么?
18. What should you think about when you look for the right job according to the Australian website?
问题18:根据澳大利亚网站,你在找合适的工作时应当考虑什么?