(单词翻译:单击)
Passage 1
短文一
When facing a new situation, some people tend to rehearse their defeat by spending too much time anticipating the worst.
面临新环境时,有些人因为花太多的时间做最坏的打算,所以他们易于重复他们的失败 。
I remember talking with a young lawyer who was about to begin her first jury trial.
我记得和一位年轻律师交谈,她将要开始她的第一次陪审团审讯 。
She was very nervous.
她非常紧张 。
I asked what impression she wanted to make on the jury.
我问她想给陪审团留下什么样的印象 。
She replied: "I don't want to look too inexperienced, I don't want them to suspect this is my first trial."
她回答道:“我不想让自己看起来太没经验,不想让他们怀疑这是我第一次参与审讯 。”
This lawyer had fallen victims to the "don'ts" syndrome—a form of negative goal setting.
这位律师成了“不能”综合征的受害者——一种设定消极目标的形式 。
The "don'ts" can be self-fulfilling because your mind response to pictures.
这种“不能”之所以会自行实现,是因为你的大脑响应这些“不能”的画面 。
Research conducted at Stanford University shows a mental image fires the nerve system the same way as actually doing something.
斯坦福大学进行的研究表明,大脑中的图像刺激神经系统的原理与某人实际在做某事是一样的 。
That means when a golfer tells himself:” Don't hit the ball into the water.” His mind sees the image of the ball flying into the water.
这就像是高尔夫球手对自己说:“千万别把球打进水里” 。他的脑海里就浮现出球飞进水里的画面 。
So guess where the ball will go?
那么,猜猜球会打到哪里去?
Consequently, before going into any stressful situation, focus only on what you want to have happen.
因此,在进入有压力的环境之前,只需将注意力集中在你想要发生的事情上 。
I asked the lawyer again how she wanted to appear at her first trial.
我再次询问这名律师想以什么样的形象出现在她的第一次陪审团审讯上 。
And this time she said: “I want to look professional and self-assured.”
这次她说:“我想看起来专业和自信” 。
I told her to create a picture of what self-assured would look like.
我让她想象一下她自信时的样子 。
To her, it meant moving confidently around the court room, using convincing body language and projecting her voice, so it could be heard from the judge's bench to the back door.
就她而言,该画面就是能自信地在法庭上走动、使用有魄力的肢体语言和大声地说话,这样法庭里的所有人都能听到她讲话 。
She also imagined a skillful closing argument and a winning trial.
她还想像了一下巧妙的结案陈词和胜诉的场面 。
A few weeks after this positive stress rehearsal, the young lawyer did win.
这样的积极压力预演后的一两周,这位年轻的律师果然胜诉了 。
Questions 9 to 12 are based on the passage you have just heard.
问题9到12是基于你刚才所听到的那篇短文 。
Question 9: What do some people do when they face a new situation?
问题9:面临新环境时,有些人会怎么做?
Question 10: What does the research conducted at Stanford University show?
问题10:斯坦福大学进行的研究表明了什么?
Question 11: What advice does the speaker give to people in a stressful situation?
问题11:说话者给处于压力之中的人们的建议是什么?
Question 12: What do we learn about the lawyer in the court?
问题12:我们能从法庭上的律师身上获得什么信息?
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载