(单词翻译:单击)
Thank you for coming to see us! I've got to tell you, these are nice suits.
谢谢你们来看我们 我得告诉你们 你的西装很亮
Thank you very much. This is a nice suit, too. But that's a nicer one.
谢谢 你的也很棒 但是你的更棒
Well, you know, i've got to say, these are the nights where i feel very, very lucky to have this job
我得说 今天就是我感到非常幸运做这个节目主持人的时候
Because if someone told me this was a dinner party i was invited to to just sit and be in the company of you two for about a moment,
因为如果有人告诉我这是一个晚宴 我被邀请来和你们两个在一起坐一会儿
I would be thrilled, and i'm so happy you are both there.
我会很激动的 我很开心你们能来
Thank you so much. I really am. It's your first time on the show, Steve, thank you for being here. Thank you very much.
谢谢 真的 这是你第一次来节目 史蒂夫 谢谢你能来 非常感谢
You're both here. We have to talk about "Reservoir dogs." We have to.
你们俩都来了 我们得谈谈 落水狗 这个电影 肯定的
Look at these young things!
看看两个鲜肉
Now, do you both remember the first time you met?
你们还记得你们初次见面的事情吗
I think -- wasn't it as Harvey's house, the house he was renting?
我记得是在哈维的房子里 他租的那个房子
No. Calm down. You met at Harvey kitel's house?
不是那个哈维 肃静 你们在哈维·基特的房子见的面吗
He was renting a house in Malibu, but the address said whatever sunset boulevard.
他在马里布租了一间房子 但地址上写着什么日落大道
Right. I was staying in Echo Park, for those of you who don't know, was way on the other side of town.
是的 我住在回声公园 你们可能不知道 那在镇的另一边
I thought I'm near sunset boulevard, i can get there in ten minutes.
我想我离日落大道不远 十分钟就能到
I'm driving, driving, driving. I'm, like, where is it?
我一直开 一直开 但是还没有到
I have to pull over to a gas station.
我就停在一个加油站
The gentleman didn't speak English that well and he just look and went --
那里的先生英语说得不是很好 他只是看了看就这样
He just kept going like this and i drove for, like, 45 minutes in a panic
他就这样 我就惊慌地开了45分钟
Because i knew i was going to be late. You were so sweet. You were so sweet to me.
因为我知道我要迟到了 你真好 你对我太好了
I must have been under the influence. I'm sure you were.
我一定是喝醉了 肯定的
Because i remember Harvey, at one point, Harvey --
因为 我记得 哈维 哈维一度
There were a couple of things that he did for me, Harvey kitel -- Harvey kitel.
他为我做了几件事 哈维·基特 哈维·基特
He had a lot to do with my wedding. All of that stuff. But i remember sit in the van with him
他和我的婚礼有很大关系 所有那些事 但我记得和他坐在货车里
And i think we were going back to the house and he started talking about his age.
我记得我们是要回到房子里 他开始谈论他的年龄
He said, i'm looking at the backdoor of my life, Tim.
他说 我人生的最后阶段要开始了 蒂姆
He said, i'm looking at the end of my 50s. It was the most extraordinary thing.
他说 我马上要60岁了 这是最特别的事情
He would do those utterly sort of deep things constantly
他经常做一些非常深奥的事情
While we were all just about and causing trouble,
而我们到处制造麻烦
He would have -- he had kind of a deep line to him. I loved him for that.
他很深沉 我因此而爱他
Did you know when you were shooting "Reservoir dogs,"
在你们拍落水狗时 你们知道吗
Did you have a feeling you were doing something brilliant, did you feel that way on set?
你们知道你们在拍摄一个杰出作品吗
I felt like we were doing something amazing but it didn't mean it would translate.
我感觉我在做一件很棒的事情 但是不知道它会流传下来
I've worked on films where i thought this would be great but then nobody sees it.
我曾经参与过一些电影的拍摄 我认为这将会很棒 但却没人看
So i felt it was special. I felt Quentin was special.
所以我觉得它很特别 我觉得昆汀很特别
I never had come across somebody who made his first film --
我从来没有遇到过一个拍他第一部电影的人是
First of all, he was so excited and made everybody feel like we were working on our first film, and he was so confident.
首先 他很兴奋 让每个人都觉得我们在拍我们的第一部电影 他很自信
I've never seen such confidence come out of a first-time director.
我从未见过一个第一次当导演的人如此自信
It was just, wow, he knows what he's doing.
就是 他知道自己在做什么