经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第446期
日期:2019-09-23 10:35

(单词翻译:单击)

He bared his wrist, and offered it to me:
他露出手腕,伸向我。
the blood was forsaking his cheek and lips, they were growing livid; I was distressed on all hands.
他的脸颊和嘴唇因为失血而变得苍白。我左右为难,十分苦恼。
To agitate him thus deeply, by a resistance he so abhorred, was cruel: to yield was out of the question.
用他所厌恶的拒绝把他煽动起来吧,那是残酷的;要让步呢,又不可能。
I did what human beings do instinctively when they are driven to utter extremity
我做了一件走投无路的人出于本能会做的事,
looked for aid to one higher than man: the words "God help me!" burst involuntarily from my lips.
求助于高于凡人的神明。“上帝帮助我!”这句话从我嘴里脱口而出。
"I am a fool!" cried Mr. Rochester suddenly.
“我真傻:”罗切斯特先生突然说。

经典文学《简·爱》

"I keep telling her I am not married, and do not explain to her why.
“我老是告诉她我没有结过婚,却没有解释为什么。
I forget she knows nothing of the character of that woman,
我忘了她一点也不知道那个女人的性格,
or of the circumstances attending my infernal union with her.
不知道我同她地狱一般结合的背景。
Oh, I am certain Jane will agree with me in opinion, when she knows all that I know!
呵,我可以肯定,一旦简知道了我所知道的一切,她准会同意我的看法。
Just put your hand in mine, Janet -- that I may have the evidence of touch as well as sight, to prove you are near me
把你的手放在我的手里,简妮特--这样我有接触和目光为依据,证明你在我旁边,
and I will in a few words show you the real state of the case. Can you listen to me?
我会用寥寥几句话,告诉你事情的真相。你能听我吗?”

分享到