经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第175期
日期:2017-02-17 14:04

(单词翻译:单击)

But I wonder no wealthy nobleman or gentleman has taken a fancy to her.
不过我觉得很奇怪,为什么没有富裕的贵族或绅士看中她。
Mr. Rochester, for instance. He is rich, is he not?
譬如罗切斯特先生,他很有钱,不是吗,
Oh! yes. But you see there is a considerable difference in age.
唉!是呀,不过你瞧,年龄差别很大。
Mr. Rochester is nearly forty; she is but twenty-five.
罗切斯特先生已快四十,而她只有二十五岁。
What of that? More unequal matches are made every day.
那有什么关系?比这更不般配的婚姻每天都有呢。
True. Yet I should scarcely fancy Mr. Rochester would entertain an idea of the sort.
那是事实,但我不会认为罗切斯特先生会抱有那种想法。
But you eat nothing. You have scarcely tasted since you began tea.
可是你什么也没吃,从开始吃茶点到现在,你几乎没有尝过一口。
No. I am too thirsty to eat. Will you let me have another cup?
不,我太渴了,吃不下去。让我再喝一杯行吗?

经典文学《简·爱》

I was about again to revert to the probability of a union between Mr. Rochester and the beautiful Blanche,
我正要重新将话题扯到罗切斯特先生和漂亮的布兰奇小姐有没有结合的可能性上,
but Adèle came in, and the conversation was turned into another channel.
阿黛勒进来了,谈话也就转到了别的方面。
When once more alone, I reviewed the information I had got, looked into my heart, examined its thoughts and feelings,
当我复又独处时,我细想了听到的情况,窥视了我的心灵,审察了我的思想和情感,
and endeavoured to bring back with a strict hand such as had been straying through imagination's boundless and trackless waste, into the safe fold of common sense.
努力用一双严厉的手,把那些在无边无际、无路可循的想象荒野上徘徊的一切,纳入常识的可靠规范之中。
Arraigned at my own bar, memory having given her evidence of the hopes, wishes, sentiments I had been cherishing since last night
我在自己的法庭上受到了传讯。记忆出来作证,陈述了从昨夜以来我所怀的希望、意愿和情感,
— of the general state of mind in which I had indulged for nearly a fortnight past.
陈述了过去近两周我所沉溺的一般思想状态。
Reason having come forward and told, in her own quiet way a plain, unvarnished tale,
理智走到前面,不慌不忙地讲了一个朴实无华的故事,
showing how I had rejected the real, and rabidly devoured the ideal.
揭示了我如何拒绝了现实,狂热地吞下了理想。
I pronounced judgment to this effect.
我宣布了大致这样的判决。

分享到