经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第281期
日期:2018-11-19 10:23

(单词翻译:单击)

He was not in any of the lower rooms.
他不在底下几层的房间里。
He was not in the yard, the stables, or the grounds.
也不在院子里,马厩里或者庭园里。
I asked Mrs. Fairfax if she had seen him.
我问费尔法克斯太太有没有见到过他。
Yes, she believed he was playing billiards with Miss Ingram.
不错,她想他跟英格拉姆小姐在玩台球。
To the billiard-room I hastened. The click of balls and the hum of voices resounded thence.
我急忙赶到台球房,那里回响着台球的咔嗒声和嗡嗡的说话声。
Mr. Rochester, Miss Ingram, the two Misses Eshton, and their admirers, were all busied in the game.
罗切斯特先生、英格拉姆小姐、两位埃希顿小姐和她们的倾慕者正忙着玩那游戏呢。
It required some courage to disturb so interesting a party.
要去打搅这批兴致勃勃的人是需要有勇气的。
My errand, however, was one I could not defer, so I approached the master where he stood at Miss Ingram's side.
但我的事儿又不能拖延。于是我便向我主人走去,他站在英格拉姆小姐旁边。
She turned as I drew near, and looked at me haughtily.
我一走近,她便回过头来盛气凌人地看着我。

经典文学《简·爱》

Her eyes seemed to demand, "What can the creeping creature want now?"
她的眼睛似乎在说,“那个迟迟疑疑的家伙现在要干什么?
and when I said, in a low voice, "Mr. Rochester," she made a movement as if tempted to order me away.
当我轻轻地叫了声,“罗切斯特先生”时,她移动了一下,仿佛按捺不住要命令我走开。
I remember her appearance at the moment. It was very graceful and very striking.
我还记得她那时的样子。优雅而出众。
She wore a morning robe of sky-blue crape.
她穿着一件天蓝的皱纱睡袍。
A gauzy azure scarf was twisted in her hair.
头发上缠着一条青色薄纱头巾。
She had been all animation with the game, and irritated pride did not lower the expression of her haughty lineaments.
她玩兴正浓,虽然触犯了自尊,但脸上骄矜之气未减。
"Does that person want you?" she inquired of Mr. Rochester.
“那人找你吗?”她问罗切斯特先生。
And Mr. Rochester turned to see who the "person" was.
罗切斯特先生回头看看“那人”是谁。
He made a curious grimace -- one of his strange and equivocal demonstrations -- threw down his cue and followed me from the room.
作了个奇怪的鬼脸--异样而含糊的表情--扔下了球棒,随我走出了房门。
"Well, Jane?" he said, as he rested his back against the schoolroom door, which he had shut.
“怎么啦,简?”他关了房门后,身子倚在门上说。

分享到
重点单词
  • priden. 自豪,骄傲,引以自豪的东西,自尊心 vt. 以 .
  • defervt. 延期,缓召,把 ... 委托给他人 vi. 耽搁
  • equivocaladj. 意义不明确的,模棱两可的
  • disturbv. 扰乱,妨碍,使 ... 不安
  • haughtyadj. 傲慢的
  • curiousadj. 好奇的,奇特的
  • movementn. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章
  • twistedadj. 扭曲的 v. 扭动(twist的过去式)
  • cuen. 暗示,提示,信号 vt. 给 ... 提示,把 .
  • scarfn. 围巾