经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第332期
日期:2019-02-23 17:48

(单词翻译:单击)

"Pity!" he said, and sighed and paused.
“可惜呀!”他说,叹了口气又打住了。
"It is always the way of events in this life," he continued presently:
“世上的事情总是这样,”他马上又继续说,
"no sooner have you got settled in a pleasant resting-place,
“你刚在一个愉快的栖身之处安顿下来,
than a voice calls out to you to rise and move on, for the hour of repose is expired."
一个声音便会叫你起来往前赶路,因为已过了休息的时辰。”
"Must I move on, sir?" I asked. "Must I leave Thornfield?"
“我得往前赶路吗,先生?”我问。“我得离开桑菲尔德吗?”
"I believe you must, Jane. I am sorry, Janet, but I believe indeed you must."
“我想你得走了,简。很抱歉,珍妮特,但我的确认为你该走了。”

经典文学《简·爱》

This was a blow: but I did not let it prostrate me.
这是一个打击,但我不让它击倒我。
"Well, sir, I shall be ready when the order to march comes."
“行呀,先生,要我走的命令一下,我便走。”
"It is come now -- I must give it to-night."
“现在命令来了--我今晚就得下。”
"Then you ARE going to be married, sir?"
“那你要结婚了,先生?”
"Exactly -- precisely: with your usual acuteness, you have hit the nail straight on the head."
“确实如此,对极了。凭你一贯的机敏,你已经一语中的。”

分享到
重点单词
  • reposen. 休息,睡眠,安静 v. (使)休息,(使)依靠
  • settledadj. 固定的;稳定的 v. 解决;定居(settle
  • pityn. 同情,怜悯,遗憾,可惜 v. 同情,怜悯