(单词翻译:单击)
It was Monday morning and I had class at 10:30 a.m.
星期一早上10点半我有课 。
I wanted to skip it,
我想逃课,
but Uncle Jeff wouldn't let me. It was just as well. I had something important to do and I had to do it alone.
但是杰夫叔叔不让 。还好,我有重要的事情要做,我必须一个人完成 。
At noon, I went to the psychology department. I could see through the doorway that the secretary wasn't there.
中午,我去了心理学系 。我从门口看到秘书不在那里 。
She was probably at lunch. That's what I had hoped.
她可能在吃午饭 。这正是我所希望的 。
I walked quickly and quietly down the hallway to the dean's office. I was nervous. My hands were sweating.
我快速、安静地下了走廊,来到院长办公室 。我很紧张 。我的手在冒汗 。
I took Clara Dunn's keys out of my pocket.
我从口袋里拿出了克拉拉·邓恩的钥匙 。
I had taken them from Uncle Jeff's room this morning before he woke up.
今天早上在杰夫叔叔醒来之前,我就从他的房间拿走了钥匙 。
I opened the door, ducked under the police tape, and closed the door behind me.
我打开门,绕过下面的警戒线,随手把门关上 。
I was there to find Jennifer's photographs.
我去找詹妮弗的照片 。
I was convinced that she hadn't killed Dean Maurie and I wanted to help her.
我确信她没有杀死毛里院长,我想帮助她 。
After the phone conversation with Ben that morning, I knew I had to do this to try to help both of them.
那天早上和本通完电话后,我知道我必须这样做才能帮助他们两个 。
I went to the desk first. I had to step around the outline of Dean Maurie's body.
我先去了桌子那儿 。我不得不绕过毛里院长的身体轮廓 。
I could still see the blood stains on the carpet. I tried not to look at them.
我仍能看到地毯上的血迹,我尽量不看它 。