(单词翻译:单击)
"Don't be silly. You're smarter than most of the students in that class.
“别傻了,你比班上大多数学生都聪明 。
You just have to study. Anyway, the truth is,
你只管学习,不管怎样,事实是,
I'm only helping you so you'll help me with my history paper," Sydney said.
我只要帮助你,你会帮助我写历史论文 。”西德尼说道 。
"Yeah, right," I said. "Okay, let's study for an hour
“是,对的,”我说 。“好吧,我们学一个小时 。
and then I have to help Uncle Jeff with a new case."
然后我得帮杰夫叔叔处理一个新案子 。”
"New case?" Sydney asked. "You mean another murder?"
“新案子?”西德尼问道 。“你是说另一起谋杀案?”
"No, it's nothing like that," I said.
“不,不是那样的,”我说 。
"One of Uncle Jeff's old friends works for the dean of the psychology department.
杰夫叔叔的一位老朋友在心理系工作,
He has been getting anonymous letters threatening his life.
一直收到匿名恐吓信 。
Uncle Jeff's friend, Professor Dunn, was worried and wants him to find out who is sending the letters."
杰夫叔叔的朋友邓恩教授很担心,想让他找出这些信是谁写的 。
I gave Sydney a serious look.
我郑重地看着西德尼 。
"Of course, everything I'm telling you is a secret and confidential," I said.
“当然,我告诉你的每件事都是机密,”我说 。
"You can't tell anyone what I just told you."
“你别把我说的话告诉任何人 。”
"Derrick Cruz!" Sydney said, loudly.
“德里克·克鲁兹!”西德尼大声说,
She looked at me with a tight mouth and big eyes.
她紧抿着嘴,瞪着大眼睛看着我 。
Even her curly brown hair seemed to get curlier with anger.
她那一头棕色的卷发似乎因愤怒而变得更卷了 。
"How long have we been friends?"
“我们做朋友多久了?”