(单词翻译:单击)
We finally got back home and Uncle Jeff decided not to call the police.
我们终于到家了,杰夫叔叔决定不报警 。
First, we had no proof that it wasn't an accident.
首先,我们没有证据证明这不是一场意外 。
The police would probably say that it was just a drunk driver.
警察可能会说那只是一个酒后驾车的司机 。
And second, we didn't have any good information to help them find the car.
其次,我们没有重要的信息来帮助找到那辆车 。
There were two messages on the answering machine.
留言机上有两条留言 。
The first message was from Ben. He wanted me to call him.
第一条信息来自本 。他要我打电话给他 。
Maybe he had some time to get together for that celebration I had promised.
也许他有时间参加我答应过的庆祝会 。
The second message was from Aunt April.
第二条语音是爱普莉姨妈发来的 。
"My darlings," she said. "I read about the murder at California University in the paper today.
她说:“亲爱的,我今天在报纸上看到有关加州大学谋杀案的消息,
I really hope you're not mixed up in it. Jeff, you're a grown man.
我真的希望你不要卷入这件事,杰夫,你是个成年人了 。
You do what you want, but if anything happens to my baby, my Derrick, I'll never forgive you.
你想怎么做就怎么做,但如果我的孩子,我的德里克出了什么事,我永远也不会原谅你 。
Do you hear me, Jeff? I'm off to Paris for a week or so.
你听见了吗,杰夫?我要去巴黎一个星期左右 。
I don't want to be reading about you two in the newspapers, do you hear me?
我不想在报纸上看到你俩的事,听到了吗?
Goodbye, my darlings. I'll see you when I get back."
拜拜,亲爱的,等我回来我们再见 。”
I looked at Uncle Jeff and he had a guilty look on his face.
我看着杰夫叔叔,他脸上露出内疚的表情 。