(单词翻译:单击)
He took the thesis out of my hands. I was miserable. I was sweating.
杰夫叔叔把论文从我手里拿走了 。当时我很痛苦 。我出汗了 。
I didn't know how to answer his question.
我不知道如何回答他的问题 。
He said in a quiet voice, “Go throw some water on your face.
他用平静的声音说:“去泼点水在脸上 。
Then we'll sit down and talk.” He turned and walked into his office.
然后我们坐下来谈谈 。”他转身走进办公室 。
I was happy for the chance to leave the room. I went into the bathroom and closed the door.
我很高兴有机会离开房间 。我走进浴室,关上了门 。
I splashed some water on my face and looked at myself in the mirror.
我往脸上泼了些水,然后看着镜子中的自己 。
What I saw was a stupid, selfish kid. No wonder Aunt April treated me like I was 14 years old. I behaved like it.
我看到的是一个愚蠢自私的孩子 。难怪爱普莉姨妈把我当作14岁的孩子一样对待 。我的行为就像个孩子 。
I stayed in the bathroom for as long as I could. I wasn't looking forward to that talk with Uncle Jeff.
我尽可能长时间呆在浴室里 。我不期待和杰夫叔叔说话 。
Suddenly, I heard a noise. It sounded like a crash, like glass breaking.
突然,我听到一声巨响,声音听起来像碰撞声,像是玻璃破碎的声音 。
As I came out of the bathroom, I also heard a loud thud, like something heavy falling to the ground.
当我走出浴室时,我还听到一声巨响,好像有什么重物掉在地上 。
I stepped out of the bathroom and walked toward my uncle's office.
我走出浴室,朝杰夫叔叔的办公室走去 。
When I got there, the first thing I saw was a broken lamp lying on the floor.
当我到那儿时,我第一眼看到的是地上的一盏破灯 。