(单词翻译:单击)
"So, how was the move?" he asked when he walked through the front door.
杰夫叔叔从前门进来问道:“搬家怎么样啊?”
"I never knew that one person could have so much stuff.
“我从来不知道一个人可以有这么多东西 。
He had more furniture and clothes than a family of five," I said.
他的家具和衣服比一个五口之家的东西还多,”我说 。
"What have you been doing?"
“你去哪了?”
"I did some checking on Emil Marcelo," he said.
“我去核实埃米尔·马塞洛了,”他说 。
"He works as a real estate agent and sells high-priced office buildings.
“他是一名房地产经纪人,销售高价写字楼 。
According to his secretary, he was supposed to be in Denver. His wife was telling the truth."
据他的秘书说,他应该在丹佛 。他的妻子说的是实话 。”
"He could have come back without telling anyone," I said.
“他可以不告诉任何人就回来的,”我说 。
"Yes, but that's something the police can check on easily,
“是的,警察可以轻易查到,
but that we'll have a hard time doing," he said.
案件调查接下来就有些难办了,”杰夫叔叔说 。
By this time, Uncle Jeff was heating up some food to eat, too.
这时,杰夫叔叔也在热饭 。
We didn't talk for about 10 minutes while we both concentrated on eating.
我们专心吃饭,沉默了有10分钟左右 。
When he was done, Uncle Jeff said, "I made another stop this afternoon.
吃完饭后,杰夫叔叔说:“我今天下午去了另一个地方,
I went to see Clara. The police have released her and she's back home.
我去看克拉拉了,警察已经释放了她,她已经回家了 。
She seems to be doing okay, not great, but better than yesterday."
她看起来还行,不是特别好,但比昨天好多了 。”
"Does she remember any more about what happened?" I asked.
“她还记得发生了什么事吗?”我问 。
"No, not at all," he said.
“不,一点也不记得,”杰夫叔叔说 。