(单词翻译:单击)
"This whole thing has made me think," she said.
“整件事我想了一下,”她说 。
"I just want to keep teaching and doing research. I had forgotten what really made me happy.
“我只想继续教书,继续做研究 。我忘记了真正使我快乐的是什么 。
It's not power or the dean's job but just being a professor."
让我快乐的不是权力或院长的职位,而是教授的工作 。”
"Alan Maurie hurt a lot of people," my uncle said.
“艾伦·毛里伤害了很多人,”叔叔说 。
"I can't say I'm glad he's dead, but a lot of people will be happier now that he is."
“我不能说我很高兴他死了,但很多人现在会开心他死了 。”
A week later, I was returning home from school when I saw Jennifer sitting outside my front door.
一个星期后,我从学校回家的时候,我看到詹妮弗坐在我家前门外面 。
"Hi," she said.
“ 嗨,”她说 。
"Hi," I said. I was really surprised to see her. After everything that had happened, I honestly didn't think I'd see her again.
“嗨,”我说 。看到她我真的很惊讶 。发生了这一切之后,我真的觉得再也见不到她了 。
I opened the front door and showed her into the living room.
我打开前门,把她领进客厅 。
"I wanted to come by to thank you and your uncle for finding the murderer," she said.
“我是来谢谢你和你叔叔找到凶手的,”她说 。
"Now that the case is closed, the police have returned the photographs to me.
“现在案子结束了,警察已经把照片还给我了 。
They were in Dean Maurie's office and they didn't see any reason why I shouldn't have them back."
照片在毛里院长的办公室,警察找不到任何理由不让我拿回照片 。
"That's great!" I said, and I meant it. I was really glad that she got her pictures back.
“太好了!”我说,我是认真的 。我真高兴她把照片拿回来了 。
And I was even more glad that she didn't have to worry about someone like Alan Maurie.
我更高兴的是她不用担心像艾伦·毛里这样的人 。