(单词翻译:单击)
"Oh well. Too bad," she said.
“哦,好吧,太糟糕了,”女孩说 。
"Maybe I'll see you around."
“也许我们会再见的 。”
She started to walk away.
她准备要走 。
I had to think fast. I had missed my chance with her in the parking lot.
我得快说点什么,我已经在停车场错过了一次 。
I didn't want to waste this second chance.
我不想错过第二次 。
"Jennifer," I said. She turned around and looked at me, waiting.
“珍妮弗,”我说 。她转过身来看着我,等待着 。
"Do you want to get some coffee later, or lunch, or something?" I said.
“你想待会儿再喝点咖啡,或者午餐,或者其它什么吗?”我说 。
I sounded stupid, even to myself.
听起来,我自己都觉得很傻 。
"Hmmm...Coffee, huh? I guess I could use a cup of coffee later.
“嗯…咖啡?我想来杯咖啡,
Why don't you meet me in front of the bookstore at 8:30 tonight."
今晚8点半,你在书店门前等我吧 。”
"Tonight at 8:30," I said. "Great. I'll meet you there."
“今晚8点半,”我说 。“太好了,我在那儿等你 。”
She smiled again and then,
她又笑了,
without saying another word, turned around and walked through the office door.
没说一句话,转身走进了办公室 。
I did it! A date with my dream girl. I couldn't wait.
我做到了!和我的梦中情人约会,我有点等不及了 。