There's Something Off About Them 他们有些不对劲
日期:2017-11-02 22:52

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Today's expression is "there's something off about them", from "Keeping up with the Joneses."
今天的短语是"there's something off about them",出自电影《邻家大贱谍》。
The funny movie tells the story of two spies who move into a new neighborhood.
这部喜剧电影讲述的是两个间谍搬到新的街区的故事。
Listen for the words "there's something off about them".
留意听一下"there's something off about them"这几个单词。
Hey honey. Still spying on the neighbors?
嗨,亲爱的。你还在监视邻居吗?
Hi! We're the Joneses!
嗨!我们是琼斯夫妇!
You don't think there's something off about them? Who are these people?
你不觉得他们有些不正常吗?他们到底是谁?
We need evidence. I just want to make sure this is not paranoia.
我们需要证据。我就是想弄清楚这不是妄想症。

电影《邻家大贱谍》

So, what do you think is the meaning of "there's something off about them"?
那么你觉得"there's something off about them"的含义是什么呢?
Is it they are from somewhere else or there is something wrong with them?
是他们来自其他地方还是他们有些不对劲?
Listen again. Did you have the right answer?
再听一遍。你知道正确答案了吗?
Hi! We're the Joneses!
嗨!我们是琼斯夫妇!
You don't think there's something off about them? Who are these people?
你不觉得他们有些不正常吗?他们到底是谁?
We need evidence. I just want to make sure this is not paranoia.
我们需要证据。我就是想弄清楚这不是妄想症。
"There's something off about them" means there is something wrong with them.
"There's something off about them"的意思是他们有些不对劲。
In the film, the neighbors think something is different about the new arrivals.
在这部电影中,邻居认为新搬来的人有些不寻常。
But they do not know what it is.
但是他们不知道究竟是哪里不对。
If something is 'off', it is not right or normal.
如果某事物是'off'的话,那就是说它不对、不寻常。
The neighbors are correct. There is something 'off' about the newcomers. They're spies!
邻居是对的。新来的这两个人是有些不寻常。他们是间谍!
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Ambor.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》,我是安博尔。

分享到
重点单词
  • paranoian. 偏执狂,妄想狂
  • evidencen. 根据,证据 v. 证实,证明