BBC纪录片佛教宝地(MP3+中英字幕) 第32期:参拜西来寺的理由
日期:2016-03-10 09:19

(单词翻译:单击)

The temple then offers American Buddhists lots of reasons to visit.

西来寺为美国佛教徒提供了许多来参拜的理由。

But if you're a devotee of Buddhism, then one of your main motivations for coming here is to seek enlightenment...Nirvana.

如果你真的是一位虔诚佛教徒的话那你来这里的主要动机之一一定是为了寻求悟道…涅槃。

I'd love to be able to tell you that I've got a textbook definition for what Nirvana is, but considering the Buddha himself said it was beyond words, beyond logic,

我很乐意告诉你我在教科书上找到的“涅槃”的定义。但是考虑到佛陀曾宣说“涅槃”是超越文字,超越逻辑的。

I suspect it is going to be quite a tricky concept to pin down.

我猜它是个难有定论的棘手概念。

参拜西来寺的理由.jpg

Nirvana certainly is a state of mind, and it's a state of mind in which you have abolished strong emotions of very much wanting things or very much hating things or being confused.

涅槃肯定是一种心识的状态。这是一种摒弃了对贪执之事物、憎恨之事物及愚痴等强烈情感的精神状态。

It's a state of mind which you attain, and, at that moment, and the reafter, you will enjoy a kind of blissful calm.

一旦达到这种精神状态,在这一瞬间及之后,你会享受到充满快乐的平静感觉。

And that path, is the end of that path, Nirvana, is that your goal?

这条路是通往终点涅槃的路吗?这是您的目标吗?

Yes, Nirvana, enlightenment, full understanding, awakening.

是的,涅槃、开悟、全知、觉醒。

Those are all terms that are very similar.

这些词汇的意思很接近。

And, to me, it's understanding the truth, understanding what this is, what it really is.

对我来说,就是认识真理认识事物的本质。

How confident are you that Nirvana is a goal you are going to attain?

对达到涅槃这个目标,您有多大信心?

I am cautiously optimistic - how about that?

我保持谨慎的乐观—可以这么说吧?

There are people that say that it's very possible,

有人说这是完全有可能的。

and these are people that are very smart people and I'm following their advice.

这些都是有大智慧的人,而且我听从他们的建议。

and I think it can be done, I think it can be done.

我想我能做到,一定能做到。

分享到
重点单词
  • blissfuladj. 充满喜悦的
  • suspectn. 嫌疑犯 adj. 令人怀疑的,不可信的 v. 怀疑
  • logicn. 逻辑,逻辑学,条理性,推理
  • definitionn. 定义,阐释,清晰度
  • attainv. 达到,获得
  • devoteen. 爱好者;信徒
  • confidentadj. 自信的,有信心的,有把握的 adj. 易
  • optimisticadj. 乐观的,乐观主义的
  • conceptn. 概念,观念
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的