(单词翻译:单击)
Although Roland saw nothing but the food, the watchful eyes of the great king had seen everything.
虽然罗兰德除了食物什么也没看到,但这位伟大的国王却看到了一切 。
His servants would have seized the boy, but Charlemagne said, "Do not touch him.
他的仆人本想抓住他,但查理曼却说:“不要碰他 。
Tomorrow we shall dine here again. If the boy returns, bring him to me."
明天我们还要在这里吃饭 。那孩子若回来,就带到我这里来 。”
Roland hurried joyously to his mother with the food.
罗兰兴高采烈地拿着食物匆匆赶到母亲身边 。
The next day he came again just as the king seated himself at the table.
第二天,当国王坐在桌旁时,罗兰又来了 。
A crowd of poor people stood around, waiting to receive bread and meat.
一群穷人站在附近,等着领取面包和肉 。
Roland again walked to the table and gathered up as much food as he could carry.
罗兰又走到桌边,尽可能多地收拾食物 。
Before he could turn away, however, a voice said, "Come here, my boy."
他还没来得及转身,一个声音就说:“过来,孩子 。”
A servant led Roland to the head of the table,
仆人把罗兰领到桌子的前面,
and the little boy with his arms full of food stood before the great king.
小男孩抱着满满的食物站在伟大的国王面前 。
Charlemagne looked kindly at him and said, "If you are hungry, my child, sit down and eat as much as you want."
查理曼和善地看着他说:“孩子,如果你饿了,坐下来想吃多少就吃多少吧 。”
"You are very good," said Roland,
“你真好,”罗兰说,
"but I cannot wait. I must take this food home at once to my mother."
“但我等不及了,我必须马上把这些食物带回家给我妈妈 。
The great king smiled as he heard these words.
伟大的国王听到这些话时笑了 。
"Who is your mother?" he asked.
“你妈妈是谁?”他问道 。