(单词翻译:单击)
We have been very wicked and have made our father very sad.
我们曾经非常的邪恶,让我们的父亲非常忧伤 。
Many years ago we hated our young brother Joseph so much that we sold him.
许多年前,我们恨年幼的弟弟约瑟,所以卖了他 。
Our father has been very sad ever since, and from that day on, we have never been happy.
从那以后,我们的父亲就非常忧伤,而且从那天开始,我们再也没有开心过了 。
Now, if harm should come to Benjamin, our father would die!"
现在,如果本杰明再受到什么伤害,我们的父亲就会死的!”
As he spoke, the poor man began to weep, and all the brothers wept with him.
说到这里,这个可怜的人就哭了起来,其他所有的兄弟也同他一起哭了 。
Oh, my dear brothers! cried Joseph, while the tears ran down his cheeks, too.
“我亲爱的哥哥们!”约瑟大声说道,眼泪从脸颊流淌下来,
"I am Joseph. Now I know that you love Benjamin, and I believe that you will love me. "
“我是约瑟 。现在我知道你们爱本杰明,我相信你们也会爱我 。”
Are you Joseph? asked one of the brothers. "Can you forgive us for what we did?"
“你是约瑟吗?”一个哥哥问道,“你能原谅我们当时的所作所为吗?”
I forgave you long ago, said Joseph, "Do not weep any more, for God has been very good to me in this land.
“我早就原谅你们了 。”约瑟说道,“不要再哭了,因为上帝在这片土地上眷顾了我 。
If my father were only here, I should be perfectly happy!"
要是父亲在这儿的话,我会高兴坏的!”
Before long, Joseph had his wish, for his father came to Egypt and lived there, with his twelve sons around him.
不久以后,约瑟的愿望实现了 。他的父亲来到了埃及并住在了那里,十二个儿子陪伴着他 。
Then Joseph was not only the greatest man in all Egypt, but also the happiest.
约瑟不仅仅是全埃及最伟大的人,也是最幸福的人 。