(单词翻译:单击)
A back-seat driver is the pest who sits on the rear cushions of a motor car and tells the driver what to do.
后座驾驶员就是坐在汽车后座上告诉驾驶员怎么开车的那个讨厌的家伙。
He issues a lot of instructions,gives a lot of advice,offers no end of criticism and doesn't do a bit of work.
他给出很多指令,不停地提建议,没完没了地批评司机的驾驶技术,却不做任何实际的事情。
Whoa,slow down! Are you trying to get us killed or what?
吁!慢一点儿!你想让我们送命啊?
Don't you worry about that!I know what I'm doing.
这个不用你担心!我知道自己在干什么。
I doubt it. If you do,you should have turned left back there.
我看未必。如果你真知道,在刚才那里就该左转。
Why don't you pull over and make a U-turn ?
不如你停下,掉个头吧?
We can still fix this.
还可以补救。
Jesus. You are such a backseat driver.
天哪,你真是个典型的后座驾驶员。
Why don't you just sit there and shut the hell up?
你为什么不好好坐在那里,安静一会儿?
You know what your problem is?
你知道你的问题在哪里吗?
Your are a loser husband.
你那个衰老公。
I mean,come on.He's sush a sleazebag .
说真的,他是个彻底的混球。
If I were you ,I'd divorce him in a hearbeat .
如果我是你,我会毫不犹豫地跟他离婚。
Stop being such a backseat driver,my marriage is none of your business.
你别对我的私事横加干涉!我的婚姻不心!
Hey I'm just looking out for you.
嘿,我是替你着 没什么可多说的。
Thanks,but no.I don't need anyone to tell me that I shoould divorce my husband.
谢了,不过我可以不需要任何人告诉我应该跟丈夫离婚。
You can't cross that line ,period.
你绝对不尅过这个界,没什么可多说的。
It's really unfortunate that everyone is saying that I'm jealous of Jennifer.
所有人都是我妒忌詹尼弗,这太不幸了。
It hurts my heart,because It is so cliche.
因为这是典型的陈词滥调,这伤透了我的心。
Because I'm a star,they just automatically assume that I'm not humble enough to sit down and take a back seat which I am.
就因为我是明星,大家就都理所当然地认为我不肯放下身份,甘愿退居次席。实际上,我是愿意的。
When Hoke pulls the car over,he finally refuses to take a back seat to Miss Daisy by insisting that she at least is forbidden to tell him when he needs ro go to the bathroom.
当Hoke停下车的时候,你总不能连我什么时候上厕所都要横加干涉吧。
This effectively shuts Miss Daisy up for a few minutes, though her condition as a backseat driver is basically incurable.
这成功地让黛西消停了几分钟,尽管她这个后座驾驶员的指挥基本上是错误的。