郁金香狂热(视频+MP3+中英字幕):第52期 女儿的名字
日期:2018-04-20 09:02

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本
It's God's will that your wife was taken.
你妻子被带走是上帝的旨意
But it's also His will that He has given you a daughter.
所以他给你一个女儿
A beautiful, healthy daughter.
一个漂亮的健康的女儿
For that we must be thankful.
为此 我们必须心存感激
I will care for her
我会照顾她
as if she were my own child.
好像我亲生的一样
We will call you Sophia.
我们会叫你索菲亚
She has my nose, don't you think?
她有我鼻子 你不觉得吗?
I'm afraid there's a small extra charge for the pallbearers.
恐怕护柩者有一小笔额外费用
I had to buy their silence, you understand.
我不得不买下他们的沉默 你明白的
Of course.
当然
Do you see this? Do you know how much
你看到没有?你知道
Mr. De Bye is paying for this? 8000 guilders.
迪拜先生付了多少钱?八千盾
Enough for two houses on the Herengracht.
足够买下绅运河士的两套房子
Come back later, you'll have everything I owe you, I promise.
稍后回来 我保证你会得所有钱款
重点讲解

will
what sb wants to happen in a particular situation
意愿;心愿
I don't want to go against your will.
我不想违背您的意愿。
(formal) It is God's will.
这是上帝的旨意。

charge for sth
the amount of money that sb asks for goods and services
(商品和服务所需的)要价,收费
We have to make a small charge for refreshments.
我们得收取少量茶点费。
admission charges
入场费
Delivery is free of charge.
免费送货。

silence on sth
a situation in which sb refuses to talk about sth or to answer questions
缄默;缄口不谈;拒绝回答
She broke her public silence in a TV interview.
她接受了一次电视采访,就此结束了她不在公开场合露面的状态。
The company's silence on the subject has been taken as an admission of guilt.
在外界看来,公司在这个问题上保持沉默便是承认有罪。
the right to silence (= the legal right not to say anything when you are arrested)
沉默权
There is a conspiracy of silence about what is happening (= everyone has agreed not to discuss it).
对于发生的事情,大家一致保持缄默。

视频及简介
电影是在郁金香狂热背景下发生的,讲述了一名已婚女子与其雇来画像的穷画匠之间的爱情故事。


分享到