生活大爆炸 第二季:第18集 谢耳朵帮佩妮做生意(上)
日期:2017-02-09 11:45

(单词翻译:单击)

Queen's bishop-five. Oh, very nice. What Leonard going to do this?
马吃掉后的象。好棋,Leonard,怎么办呢?
Does he give up the pawn or dose he give up the position?
是弃卒呢,还是认输?
Let's find out. Leonard, ready? Ready. Go!
我们走着瞧。Leonard,准备好了吗?准备好了,开始。
Damn it. I slipped. Too bad. You know the rules of secret agent laser obstacle chess.
该死,滑了一下。太糟了,但你清楚激光障碍特工象棋的规则。
Died Lenard again, Sheldon, you're up.
Leonard 又死了,Sheldon,轮到你了。
Despite I deep love of chess, lasers and aerosol disinfectant, I must forfeit.
虽然我非常喜欢象棋,激光和空气清新剂,但我不得不放弃。
Why? Because it's almost 11:00.
为什么?因为快到11点了。
So? So Penny has a "Don't knock on my door before 11:00 or I punch you in the throat" rule.
所以?佩妮定了个11点前别敲我家门,否则一拳把你打成哑巴的规矩。
Hey, you know what would be a great idea? We get some girls over here and play Laser Obstacle Strip Chess.
嘿,我想到一个绝妙的点子,咱找几个姑娘来玩激光障碍脱衣象棋。
Believe me, Howerd, any girl willing to play that, you don't wanna see naked.
相信我,Howerd,凡是会来玩的,你都不忍心看她们脱光。
You underestimate me.
你太低估我了。
Penny. Penny. Penny. Hey, Sheldon. It's 11 a. m. I know. You're safe.
佩妮,佩妮,佩妮。嘿,Sheldon。11点了哦。我知道,你很安全。
This package came while you were at work. Oh, Great, my rhinestones. Thank you.
这包裹是你上班时寄来的。太好了,我的人造钻石,谢谢。
Excuse me. What? You have to sign this. What is it?
等下。干嘛?你得在这签字。这是什么?
When I signed for the package, I was deputized by the United Parcel Service and entrusted with its final delivery.
我签收这个包裹时,即代表受联合邮递公司委托将其转交给你。
I now need you to acknowledge receipt of the package so that I'm fully indemnified and no longer liable.
我现在需要你确认收到包裹的发票,这说明我安全送达不再负任何责任。
Sheldon, it's just a box of rhinestones. Well, the contents are irrelevant.
Sheldon,只不过是一盒子莱茵石嘛。内容不重要。
A legal bailment has been created. Does that mean nothing to you?
主要是确立合法托管关系。你怎么能满不在乎呢?
It means nothing to anybody. Come here, Let me show you what I'm doing.
谁在乎这个啊。进来,看看我在干什么。
Bailment describes a relationship in common law where a physical possession of personal property,
托管是法律中的一种关系,即对私有财产
or chattels is transferred from one person, the bailer, to another person, the bailee. Yeah, yeah.
或者说"动产"的所有权从一人即委托人转给另一人受托者... 好了好了。
Look, look. I started a business. Obviously not a cleaning business.
瞧瞧,我做生意了。显然不是做清洁工作。
No. I'm making flower barrettes. See? I call them Penny Blossoms.
不是,我在做小花发夹。瞧见没?它们叫Penny小花。
I made one for myself. All the girls at work wanted one. I showed some to this lady who runs a shop. She sells cards and jewelry.
我给自己做了一个,结果上班那的女孩们都要。后来,我给奥德城一开铺子的女士看了,她是卖卡片和自制首饰的。
She said she wanted to sell them, I said okay, and in one week, I made a $156.
她说要卖我的发夹,我说好哇,这样一周我就赚了156美元。
Good for you. Sign here. Sheldon, don't you get it? If this takes off, I won't have to be a waitress anymore.
真不错。签字。Sheldon,你不明白吗?如果这事有起色,我就不用再做服务生了。
But then who will bring me my cheeseburger on Tuesday nights?
那每周二晚谁给我拿芝士汉堡?
Another waitress? What's her name? I don't know.
别的服务生?她叫什么?我不知道呢。
And you're going to let her handle my food? Nancy. Her name is Nancy.
那就让她给我送餐?南希,她叫南希。
I think you're just making that up.
我看你是刚编的吧。
Sheldon, I'm sorry about your hamburger, okay? I just don't wanna be a waitress for the rest of my life.
Sheldon,汉堡的事很抱歉,我真是不想做一辈子服务生。
Cheeseburger. I get a cheeseburger.
是芝士汉堡,我要的是芝士汉堡。
Fine. Cheeseburger. Maybe I'd be better off with Nancy.
好了啦,芝士汉堡。或许南希能招待的更好一点。
So, what do you think? I mean, this could be a business, right?
你觉得怎么样?我是说这样能成一番事业吧?
How many of these can you make a day? Mm. About 20.
这玩意你一天能做多少个?20来个。
And how much profit do you make per Penny Blossom?
你一个佩妮小花能挣多少钱?
I don't know. Like, 50 cents. I'm not sure. No, of course you're not. All right.
不知道,50美分吧,说不好。你当然算不出来,好吧。
Ten dollars a day times five days a week times 52 weeks a year is $2600.
一天10块钱,每周5天,每年52周,那你一年能挣2600块。
That's all? Before taxes. Well, I don't have to pay taxes on this stuff.
就这么点?还是税前。这玩意还交什么税啊。
I believe the lnternal Revenue Service would strongly disagree.
我想国家税收署肯定会强烈反对。
But if you took advantage of modern marketing techniques and optimized your manufacturing process you might be able to make this a viable business.
但是,如果你利用现代销售手段和完善制作工艺,说不定这生意能做成。
And you know about that stuff? Penny, I'm a physicist.
你连这都懂?Penny,我是物理学家。
I have a working knowledge of the entire universe and everything it contains.
我对整个宇宙及其包含的事物都有所了解。
Who's Radiohead?
雷迪欧海德是干什么的?
I have a working knowledge of the important things in the universe. Good luck.
我对整个宇宙及其包含的重要事物都有所了解,祝你好运。
Sheldon, hold on. Could you maybe show me how to make more money with this?
Sheldon,等一下,能不能教我怎么用这些赚更多钱?
Of course I could. Sheldon, wait. Will you?
当然能了。Sheldon,等等。教教我行吗?
Just to be clear here. You're asking for my assistance. Yes.
说清楚了,你是请求我帮忙。是的。
And you understand that will involve me telling you what to do? I understand.
你要搞清楚,这个过程中我会指导你做事。我明白。
And you're not allowed to be sarcastic or snide to me while I'm doing so. Okay.
那我要你做事时你不许冷嘲热讽。好吧。
Good. Let's begin with the premise that everything you've done up to this point is wrong.
好吧。那么我们就先假设你目前做的一切都是错的。
Oh, imagine that. Sarcasm. Goodbye.
哦,想象嘛。挖苦。走了。
There. Done. All right. Twelve minutes and 17 seconds. Oh, pretty good, right?
好了,做好了。好,12分17秒。哦,很不错,是吗?
That's 4.9 Penny Blossoms per hour.
也就是一小时做4.9个佩妮小花。
Based on your cost of materials and your wholesale selling price you'll effectively be paying yourself $5.19 a day.
根据你的材料钱和批发价,你一天实际能挣5.19美元。
A day? There are children in a sneaker factory in lndonesia who out-earn you.
一天?印尼运动鞋厂的小孩都比你赚的多。
That just can't be right. You're questioning my math? No, sorry.
不对啊。你质疑我的计算?没有,抱歉。
Would you like me to show my work? God, no, no.
用我给你演示遍怎么算的吗?哦天啊,可别。
Just please tell me what to do about it.
就告诉我该怎么办吧。
All right. Are you familiar with the development that resulted from Honoré Blanc's 1778 use of interchangeable parts?
好吧,你知道欧诺莱?布兰克1778年使用可替换零件给工业带来什么发展吗?
The assembly line, of course.
当然是装配线啦。
Okay, if I'm not allowed to be snide, you're not allowed to be condescending.
好了,这样吧,既然你不让我讽刺,那你也不许表现得高人一等。
That wasn't a part of our original agreement and I do not agree to it now.
最初的协定里可没有这条,我现在也不同意。
All right, fine. How are we supposed to set up machines and conveyor belts in my apartment?
随便了。那我们怎么在我公寓弄机器和传送带?
You're thinking of the moving assembly line. An understandable, but not excusable, mistake.
你说的是流动装配线。可以理解但无法原谅的错误,不是的流动。
Now the moving assembly line, that was introduced by Henry Ford in 1908.
流动装配线是由亨利?福特在1908年引进的。
That innovation is what made possible our modern consumer culture by enabling a low unit cost for manufactured goods.
这项革新技术通过低费用生产促成了现代消费文化。
I guess that isn't one of the topics discussed on your Radiohead.
我看雷迪尔海德不讲这些东西吧。
Let's go. We're going to miss the coming attractions. What's the matter?
走了,别错过精彩情节。怎么了?
I think I bruised a testicle capturing that last pawn.
我想我吃上一个卒时,挫伤了蛋蛋。
Please pay attention and listen to me, Give me some time to blow the man down.
请注意听我说。给点时间,我就让人震撼。
I'm a deep water sailor just come from Hong Kong. Give me way, hey, blow the man down.
我是刚从香港回来的远洋水手。给个机会,我就让人震撼。
If you give me some whiskey I'll sing you a song, Give me some time to blow the man down. Hello? Hello.
如果你给点威士忌,我就唱首歌。给点时间,我就让人震撼。你们好?你好。
Come quickly lay after to the break of the poop, To me way, hey, blow the man down.
到船尾来歇会。给个机会,我就让人震撼。
Or I'll help you along with the toe of my boot, Give me some time to blow the man down. W W Wait, what's going on?
顺着我的脚印来。给点时间,我就让人震撼。这是什么情况?
I assume you're referring to the sea shanty. It's a rhythmic work song designed to increase productivity.
我想你指的是这首航海歌谣。这是首用来提高生产效率的,节奏感很强的劳动歌曲。
Yeah. It's crazy, but it works. Look, we made this Penny Blossom in under three minutes.
是啊,傻了吧唧,但的确有用。瞧,不到3分钟就做好一个佩妮小花。
Terrific, but that kind of raises more questions than it answers.
真棒,不过我们的疑问倒是更多了。
Penny is making hair accessories. I'm helping her optimize her manufacturing process.
佩妮在做头饰,我帮她完善她的制作工艺。
All right, break's over. Pay attention to order now you one and all...
好了,休息结束。你们每个人都注意了....
Hold on. What are you using as a bonding agent? Hot glue.
等等,你用什么粘的?热粘接剂。
You're kidding. Any of the cyanoacrylates would do a better job.
傻了吧你。随便一种氰基丙烯酸盐粘合剂粘的效果都会更好。
It won't work, the flower's too porous.
不行,花的孔太多了。
What if we infused the bottom layer with siliconeRTV to provide a better mounting surface? Intriguing.
要是在底层那片注入硅橡胶打好一个基础面呢?有点意思。
Good question. What's the marketing and distribution channels?
问的好,你的市场销售渠道呢?
Well, there are the waitresses at my work, and this cute, little shop in Old Town...
有我上班那的服务生们,还有奥德城的一家小店……
Hush, hush, hush, hush, hush, virtually non-existent.
嘘嘘嘘,事实上没有。
I'm thinking that we set her up with a hosted turnkey e-commerce system to start.
我在考虑,我们让她从全权负责的电子商务做起。
Why not eliminate the middle man? We could install a small server farm with a static IP in her bedroom.
何不省去中间人呢?我们可以用她卧室的静态IP装一个服务器。
She'd need some kind of industrial cooling system.
她得要工业冷却系统。
Of course, but before we set up a marketing and distribution infrastructure, we should finish optimizing the manufacturing process.
当然,但建立销售和分销基础设施前我们得先完善好制作工艺。
To start with, she has a terrible problem with moisture-induced glitter clump.
首先遇湿凝结的亮片是个老大难。
Yeah, it's a bitch. Uh, I've seen this before.
是啊,烦透了。哦,我见过。
Where? It's a common stripper problem. They dance, they sweat, they clump.
在哪?常见的脱衣舞女问题。她们跳舞,流汗,凝到一起。
Are you thinking about adding a desiccant like calcium sulfate?
你在想加入些除湿剂比如说硫酸钙?
Actually, I'm thinking about this one stripper named Vega.
事实上我在想那个叫薇戈的脱衣舞女郎。
But sure, calcium sulfate could work.
但当然硫酸钙应该行。
Let's think out of the box for a moment. How about a molecular sieve?
咱跳出框框想一想,分子筛怎么样?
I've got a spaghetti strainer in the kitchen.
我厨房有个意面筛。
Hey, we could liberate some micro-porous charcoal from the chem lab.
嗨,我们可以从化学实验室弄点微孔木炭。
Oh, great. Raj, why don't you and Howard go get the charcoal.
哦太好了,Raj,你和Howard去拿木炭。
Leonard, why don't you start working on some preliminary Web site designs.
Leonard,你着手做网站的初步设计。
I'll make some space in our apartment so we can move the manufacturing process.
我去我们公寓腾点地方好弄到那边去制作。
Well, what's wrong with my apartment? It's not my apartment.
我的公寓怎么了?因为不是我的公寓。
Wait, wait, what am I going to do?
等下,我干点啥呢?
Uh, hey, it's your business. Do whatever you want.
嘿,是你的事嘛,想干啥干啥吧。
Okay, cool.
好吧。

分享到