老友记 第6季:第9集 罗斯兴奋(上)
日期:2016-09-29 15:10

(单词翻译:单击)

Joey: Hey, you guys ever wonder why they call it ‘Thanksgiving’?
你们有想过为什么要叫感恩节吗?
Ross: Okay. Hey, Monica, you're doing Thanksgiving next week, right? Because Carol's taking Ben to her parents' place in Florida.
好,莫妮卡,你下星期要煮感恩节大餐吧?卡萝要带班去佛罗里达找她父母。
Monica: Okay, okay. I'll make Thanksgiving dinner. You don't have to beg.
好好好,我来煮,你不必求我。
Ross: I didn't beg. I just asked once.
我没有求你,我只是问了你一句。
Monica: You could beg, you know.
求一下,又不会死。
Rachel: Monica said I could make dessert this year.
莫妮卡说我今年可以做甜点。
Joey: You're gonna cook something?
你要下厨?
Rachel: Hey, I cook.
我会下厨啊。
Chandler: Offering people gum is not cooking.
拿口香糖给别人不叫下厨。
Phoebe: Are you sure Monica said you could cook this year? I remember her saying in two years. You said in two years, right?
莫妮卡真的是说今年吗?我记得她是说两年后,你是说两年后吧?
Monica: No, I promised her. But, Rachel, are you sure you want to start out with something as big as Thanksgiving dinner?
我已经答应她了。你确定一出手就做感恩节甜点?
Monica: I mean, maybe you wanna try a little Thanksgiving breakfast? Maybe a Thanksgiving snack?
要不要先从感恩节早餐做起?或是感恩节零食?
Rachel: Come on, you guys, I can do this. Remember, I made those peanut butter cookies.
别这样,我一定行,我不是做过花生酱饼干嘛?
Rachel: I don't know what are you guys so worried about? Cooking is easy. You just follow the recipe. If it says,'boil two cups of salt', you just boil two cups of salt.
你们在担心什么,煮菜很简单,照食谱走就对了如果食谱说“将两杯盐煮沸” 你就把两杯盐煮沸。
Monica: Ok, great! Bye. So guess who's coming to Thanksgiving dinner?
太好了,再见。你猜谁要来吃感恩节晚餐?
Chandler: Sidney Poitier?
西德尼波蒂耶?
Monica: I miss Rachel. No, my parents.
我怀念瑞秋。是我爸妈。
Chandler: Oh! That's great, they haven't seen the place since I moved in!
太好了,我搬进来之后,他们还没来过!
Monica: Yeah, and you know, if you could not mention to them that we live together, that would be great! , I was thinking we would eat around four.
对,要是你能不提同居的事,就太好了。我打算4点左右开始吃饭
Chandler: Why can't I tell them we live together?
为什么不能提同居的事?
Monica: They don't know we're dating. Should we eat in the kitchen?
因为他们不知道我们在交往,要在厨房吃吗?
Chandler: Why haven't you told them?
你为什么没有告诉他们?
Monica: Well, I was going to. I really was. But then somewhere, just out of nowhere, I didn't.
我本来要说,真的。但是后来不知怎的就没说了。
Chandler: Why haven't you told them? Wouldn't they be happy?
你为什么没说?他们不会开心吗?
Monica: So, dinner in the kitchen around 4. I'll see you then.
4点左右厨房开饭,到时候见。
Chandler: Why wouldn't they be happy?
他们为什么不会开心?
Monica: Well, because...mainly...they don't like you. I'm sorry.
主要是因为……他们不喜欢你,对不起。
Chandler: What? Why? Why? !
什么?为为为什么?
Monica: Maybe because you used to be aloof...or that you're sarcastic or that you joke around...or that you throw your clothes on the couch.
也许是因为,你以前很冷漠......或是很尖酸刻薄,或是老爱开玩笑,或许是因为你脱了衣服都乱丢。
Chandler: Is this why they don't like me or you don't like me?
这是他们的还是你的看法?
Monica: I know I should have told them. I shouldn't care what they think. I'm sorry.
我知道我应该告诉他们,我不该在意他们的想法。对不起。
Chandler: It'll be okay because when they come over, I will be charming. I will make them love me, then we'll tell them.
其实没关系,等他们来了,我会表现得很迷人。我会让他们爱上我,然后我们再说。
Monica: You really think that will work?
你真的觉得可行?
Chandler: I can be pretty charming, babe. I won you over, didn't l?
我也可以很有魅力,我不就赢得了你的心?
Monica: I don't think you'll ever get my parents that drunk.
你应该不能把他们灌到那么醉。
Chandler: Hey. Oh, good, Ross. Your parents like me, right?
太好了,罗斯。你爸妈喜欢我,对吧?
Ross: Yes, of course they like you.
他们当然喜欢你。
Chandler: Monica told me they don't.
莫妮卡说他们不喜欢我。
Ross: Yeah, they don't like you.
对,他们不喜欢你。
Chandler: Do you know why?
你知道原因吗?
Ross: Maybe it's because you're sarcastic or maybe it's because you……
也许是因为你很尖酸刻薄,或者是因为……
Chandler: If people don't know, they shouldn't just guess!
不知道就不要乱猜!
Chandler: This is great! Another Thanksgiving with nothing to give thanks for.
真好啊!又一个不值得感恩的感恩节。
Joey: Maybe I give thanks for you shutting up, huh?
也许我可以感恩你闭嘴?
Chandler: Maybe I give thanks by taking my PlayStation over my new apartment.
也许我可以感恩你把我的PS游戏机,送去我的新家。
Joey: Maybe I love you.
也许我爱你。
Janine: Hey, guys.
你们好。
Ross: No, I don't want to play video games, Joey!
不要,我不想打电动游戏,乔伊!
Janine: Are you guys going to Chandler's for Thanksgiving?
你们要去钱德家过感恩节吗?
Joey: Yeah, why? What's up?
对,怎么了?
Janine: Well, me and my friends are doing Thanksgiving uptown. I thought you might like to come.
我和几个舞者朋友想一起庆祝,我想说你们可能想去。
Ross: For real?
真的?
Janine: You should go to Chandler's. None of us can cook. We'll just drink all day.
你们是该去钱德家,我们没有人会做菜,我们应该喝一整天酒。
Joey: We go to yours!
好,我们去!
Ross: We have to stop across the hall because it's my sister.
对,我们得过去露个面,毕竟她是我妹妹。
Ross: But, you know, actually, growing up with a sister was nice…because it helped me understand women.
不过有个妹妹是好事,让我很了解女人心。
Ross: Yeah, you should tell your friends that.
你应该告诉你的朋友们这一点。
Janine: Okay.
好。
Joey: How you got three women to marry you, I'll never know.
真不知你怎么能骗到三个老婆。
Rachel: Hey, Mon, look. I'm melting butter.
莫妮卡,你看,我在融化奶油。
Monica: That's great, Rach. You now have the cooking skills of a hot day.
太好了,跟天气热的效果一样。
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!嘿!
Rachel: Phoebe, check it out! For my dessert...I'm making a traditional English trifle.
菲比,你看,感恩节甜点……我决定做酒果酱松糕。
Phoebe: Wow. That sounds great! And what are you making, Monica? In case Rachel's dessert is so good that I eat all of it. and there's none left for anybody else!
听起来好棒!莫妮卡你呢?万一瑞秋的甜点,好吃到被我吃光。别人会没得吃
Monica: Nothing
我不做。
Rachel: Nothing?
你不做?
Monica: No, sweetie. I trust you.
对,我信任你。
Rachel: If I mess this up, there's nothing else for dessert?
所以要是我搞砸,就没有甜点了?
Monica: You won't mess it up.
你不会搞砸的。
Rachel: I love that. You really have faith in me.
莫妮卡,我好高兴,你真的对我有信心。
Monica: Thank you.
谢谢。
Rachel: Technical question, how do you know when the butter is done?
技术问题,这些奶油什么时候好?
Monica: It's done about two minutes before it looks like that.
大约变成这样2分钟前。
Joey and Ross: Hey!
嘿!
All: Hey!
嘿!
Joey: The food smells great, Mon.
食物闻起来好香。
Ross: And the place looks so nice.
这里布置得真漂亮。
Joey: Hey, happy Thanksgiving, everybody!
感恩节快乐。
Ross: Happy Thanksgiving!
感恩节快乐。
The Girls: Happy Thanksgiving!
感恩节快乐!
Joey: Well, this has been great.
真是开心。
Ross: See you.
再见。
Monica: Whoa whoa whoa! Where you going?
你们要去哪里?
Ross: We did say we'd stop by this little thing Joey's roommate is having.
我们说过要去参加乔伊的室友的聚会。
Monica: Oh, Janine, the really hot dancer girl?
火辣舞者吉宁?
Ross: Some would say she's attractive, yes.
有些人会说她很有魅力,是的。
Phoebe: Who else is going to be there?
还有谁会去?
Joey: Uh, some of her friends, yeah.
她的几个朋友。
Rachel: Her dancer friends?
舞者朋友?
Joey: Yes! All right? All of her hot dancer friends are gonna be there...and they'll be drinking and dancing and we really want to go!
对啦!好不好?她的性感舞者朋友都会去,她们会喝酒跳舞,我们真的很想去!
Ross: Dude, we were good.
伙计,我们本来就快成功了。
Monica: You're not going. You said you'd eat here and you'll eat here.
你们哪儿也不准去。你们说要来吃饭就别想跑。
Phoebe: Yeah, and leaving us to go see hot dancer girls is not very Thanksgivingy.
扔下我们去看性感舞者,可不太感恩。
Ross: Oh, but it is. It's like the first Thanksgiving when the Indians and Pilgrims sat down to dinner.
但是第一个感恩节就是这样。印地安人和清教徒共进晚餐。
Joey: Then the Indians taught the Pilgrims...what it meant to be hot in the New World!
然后印地安人告诉清教徒,新世界的性感定义是什么!
Chandler: Fellas, I really think you should stay here.
我真的觉得你们应该留下来。
Ross: You're just jealous because you can't go.
你不能去就嫉妒。
Chandler: That is so not true.
没有这回事。
Mrs. Geller: Hello, everybody!
大家好!
Mr. Geller: Hi!
嗨!
All: Hi!
大家好!
Monica: Dad. Mom. Look! Look who it is! It's Chandler!
爸,妈。看这是谁!是钱德耶哦!
Mrs. Geller: Oh, yes, of course. Hello, Chandler.
是的,当然,钱德,你好。
Chandler: Mr. and Mrs. Geller, you look wonderful. It is great to have you here. Let us take your coats. Whoa, it snowing out there?
盖勒夫妇,你们的气色真好,欢迎,外套给我们吧外面在下雪吗?
Mr. Geller: No.
没有。
Mr. Geller: Monica, all this food looks wonderful, you should think about doing this for a living. Ok, I have dandruff. There's no need to laugh and point.
莫妮卡,菜看起来都好好吃,你应该考虑干这一行。就算我有头皮屑,你也不必指着我笑。
Monica: dad, uh, Chandler was laughing at your joke.
爸,钱德是在笑你的笑话。
Mr. Geller: My joke wasn't funny.
我的笑话又不好笑。
Monica: Chandler laughs at everything. That's one of the great things about him.
钱德什么事都笑。那是他的优点之一。
Phoebe: Rach, I just remembered. I had a dream about Mr. Geller last night.
瑞秋,我刚刚想到。我昨晚梦到盖勒先生。
Rachel: Really?
真的吗?
Phoebe: Yeah, I dreamt that he saved me from a burning building and he was so brave and so strong. And it's making me look at him totally differently.
对,我梦到他把我从火场救出,他好英勇好强壮。我对他完全改观。
Phoebe: He used to be just ‘Jack Geller, Monica and Ross' dad.’ Now he's ‘Jack Geller, dream hunk.’
他以前只是杰克盖勒 莫妮卡和罗斯的爸爸,现在他是杰克盖勒,梦中情人。
Rachel: I don't know. To me, he'll always be "Jack Geller…walks in while you're changing."
不知道耶。对我来说他永远都是杰克盖勒。在你换衣服时闯进来。
Monica: You know, Dad, Chandler is one of Ross' very best friends.
爸,钱德是罗斯最要好的朋友之一。
Mr. Geller: Yes, I know.
是,我知道。
Chandler: Ross sure is a great guy. I've always felt that how a man turns out...is a reflection on his father.
罗斯是个好青年。我一直觉得儿子是父亲的翻版
Mr. Geller: I always thought that too. Tell me, what does your father do?
我也有同感。请问你爸是做什么的?
Chandler: He's a headliner of a…gay burlesque show.
他是同志歌舞秀的头牌。
Joey: Rach, you're killing us. Will you serve the dessert already? There's drunken dancers awaiting!
瑞秋你急死人了,快上甜点啦?有酒醉的舞者都在等我们!
Rachel: Look at it. Isn't it beautiful?
你们看,很漂亮吧?
Ross: Yeah, yeah. What is it?
是啊,这是什么?
Rachel: It's a trifle. It's got all these layers. First there's a layer of ladyfingers, then jam...then custard, which I made from scratch...then raspberries, more ladyfingers... then beef sauteed with peas and onions...then a little bit more custard...then bananas and then I put whipped cream on top.
酒果酱松糕,有很多层。先是一层小松糕,然后是果酱……然后是我自己做的乳蛋糕,然后是覆盆子,然后又是小松糕……然后是豌豆洋葱炒嫩牛肉……然后又有一点乳蛋糕……然后是香蕉,最后再涂上鲜奶油。
Ross: Wh what was the one right before bananas?
香蕉前面是什么?
Rachel: The beef. Yeah, that was weird to me too. But then I thought, ‘Well, there's mincedmeat pie.’ That's an English dessert.
炒牛肉吗?我也觉得有点奇怪。不过我想连甜肉馅饼都有了,那是一种英式甜点。
Rachel: These people just put strange things in their food.
英国人都放一堆怪东西。
Rachel: You know? By the way, can I borrow rum from your place?
对了,可以跟你借兰姆酒吗?
Joey: Did y sure, you know.
当然可以。
Rachel: While I'm gone, don't you sneak a taste.
我不在的时候你们可别偷吃。
Joey and Ross: Ok.
好的。
Ross: Beef in a dessert? No, no, no. There is no way.
甜点加牛肉?不可能的。
Joey: I know. And only one layer of jam? What is up with that?
就是啊,而且果酱才一层?有没有搞错?
Ross: Oh, my God. The pages are stuck together.
天哪,这两页黏在一起。
Joey: Chandler!
钱德!(乔伊认为是钱德对着菜谱自慰导致的)
Ross: Oh, my God. She made half an English trifle and...half a shepherd's pie!
天哪,她做了酒果酱松糕加……肉馅土豆泥饼。
Joey: Oh man! now she's gonna start all over.
完了,她得重做了。
Joey: We're never gonna get to introduce the hot girls to the New World.
我们没办法带那些辣妹,认识新世界了。
Ross: No, no, we will. We just won't tell her she messed up.
不,我们可以,不要告诉她就是了。
Joey: Just let her serve the beefcustard thing?
然后让她上那个牛肉乳蛋糕?
Ross: Yeah. It'll be like a funny Thanksgiving story.
对,这会是个有趣的感恩回忆。
Joey: Vomiting stories are funny, I guess.
呕吐的回忆的确很有趣。
Rachel: Joey. God, your apartment is, like, 100 degrees.
乔伊,天哪,你的公寓热死了。
Joey: Did it make you want to walk around in your underwear?
你会不会想脱到只剩内衣?
Rachel: No.
不会。
Joey: Still not hot enough!
还不够热!
Phoebe: Rachel.
瑞秋。
Rachel: Yeah?
怎样?
Phoebe: Okay, look at him. Look at those strong hands. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be that can of condensed milk.
你看他,你看那双有力的手。我真想当那瓶……炼乳。

分享到