饥饿Hunger(MP3+中英字幕) 第5期:更大的赌注
日期:2015-10-12 11:50

(单词翻译:单击)

The announcement is being made today.
声明会在今天发表。
So, what makes this protest different is that you accept to die, Bobby?
所以说,这次抗议的不同之处在于,你们准备赴死了,是吗,鲍比?
It may well come to that.
也许会到那一步。
You start a hunger strike to protest for for what you believe in.
你们要为你们的信仰绝食抗议。
You don't start already determined to die, or am I missing something here?
而不是已经下定决心要去死了,这里我有没有搞错什么?
It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
那得看他们,我们的态度很明确,他们也看到了我们的决心。
So there'll be a couple of deaths, do you think, maybe five or six, but you have seventy-five of you.
所以会有几个人死去,你认为会有5、6个人死掉吗?但是你有75个人。
Aye, well, it won't come to that.
是的,不会都死。
All right, maybe the Brits will buckle after twenty or so.
好吧,也许英国会在死了20几个时妥协。
But why should you care? Because you're already dead, right?
但你为什么在意这个呢?因为你已经死了,不是吗?
Have you thought about you're going to be putting these boys through?
你是否想过,是你在让这些人送死?
I mean, putting aside what's going to happen to these poor men's families.
我是说,撇开这些可怜人的家人先不谈。
You're going head to head with the British Government who declaredly despise republicanism...who are unshakeable.
你们要用肉体去和公然蔑视共和主义的英国政府斗下去,对方可是很难动摇的。
They can easily live with the deaths of what they call terrorists. And the stakes are much higher this time.
他们才不在乎这些被他们,称为恐怖份子的人的死。这次赌注更大了。
I know that.
我知道。
And if you're not even willing to negotiate, you're looking for them to capitulate. Is that it?
既然你连谈判都不愿意,那你是在指望他们妥协,是吗?
Right.
是的。
So failure means many dead men, families torn apart, and the whole Republican movement demoralised.
所以失败意味着无数个死亡,家破人亡,整个共和军的运动受到重挫。
Aye. Worst case scenario it might well mean all that...but in short term, under the ashes...
是的,最糟糕的情况就是那样,但简而言之,在我们作古之后……

hunger05.jpg


-Come on! -…guaranteed, there will be a new generation of men and women, even more resilient. More determined.
- 得了。- ……一定会有新一代的男人和女人,更有活力,更坚定。
Look who you're talking to.
看看你在和谁说话。
There's a war going on. I thought you might understand. You're talking like a foreigner.
战争就要开始了,我以为你明白的,你说得自己像是个外国人。
You're talking to me like I'm a foreigner. Do you think I don't know Northern Ireland? I live here, man.
是你在像对个外国人一样对我说话,你以为我不知道北爱尔兰吗?我住在这儿,老兄。
Then support us.
那就支持我们。
I supported the first hunger strike on the basis it was a protest.
我支持第一次绝食抗议,因为那时我把它看成是一场抗议。
Not some pre-design to die and balk at negotiation other than complete surrender from Thatcher. That's ridiculous Bobby. It's destructive.
而不是一次计划好的送死,不敢去谈判只是指望撒切尔彻底放弃,这太荒唐了,鲍比,毫无意义。
What's happened in here for the last four years? Brutality, humiliation. Our basic human rights taken away from us. All this must come to an end.
最近这四年,这里发生了什么事?暴行,耻辱,我们的人权被剥夺。这些该结束了。
Through talking.
通过谈判。
So what? We take their offer and put their uniform on? because the last four years are meant nothing?
然后呢?我们接受他们的施舍,穿上他们的囚服?因为这过去的四年屁都不是?
We can do that, Don, or we can behave like the army we proclaim to be and lay down our lives for our comrades.
我们可以那么做,阁下,或者我们可以像军人一样,我们早已表态过,把自己的生命交给自己的同志。
Is there not even small part in you that's open for a breakthrough...that could find you negotiating again?
难道你身上就没有一点点可能的突破点,能让你重新去谈判?
That won't happen.
那不会发生。

分享到
重点单词
  • negotiationn. 谈判,协商
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • capitulatevi. 有条件投降
  • determinedadj. 坚毅的,下定决心的
  • announcementn. 通知,发表,宣布
  • proclaimvt. 正式宣布,公布,声明,赞扬,显示出
  • humiliationn. 耻辱,丢脸
  • despisevt. 轻视
  • resilientadj. 适应力强的,有弹力的
  • willingadj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的