看电影《全民情敌》学英语第42期:纸终将包不住火
日期:2013-10-29 17:35

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

How'd you get my card? - Albert Brennaman.
你怎么拿到我名片的? 亚伯特布列曼
Great guy, isn't he? - Excellent guy.
他人很不错吧? 超正点的
You sure you want to do this?
你确定你要写?
Why wouldn't I?
为什么不写?
Louise made an interesting observation on the way home the other night.
那天晚上露易丝在回家时 做了个有趣的观察
She said people who are guarded are afraid...
她说小心谨慎的人很害怕…
hat you can see right through them.
人一眼看穿他们
That's why they hide behind layers of secrecy or humor.
所以他们躲在秘密和幽默之后
He'll have to hide behind a lot more than that once this hits the fan.
等这个见报之后,他有得躲了
She meant you.
她是说你
What do you want me to say?
你要我说什么?
That I like the guy? Yeah, sure, I liked the guy.
我喜欢这个人?好,我喜欢他
Well, here's his shirt.
这是他的衬衫
Why don't you think about it? Call me. - Thanks.
你先想清楚再打个电话给我吧 谢了


妙语佳句

1.observation 
n. 观察;监视;观察报告
Every observation we make involves the exchange of energy.
我们所做的每个观测,包含了能量的交换。

2.hide behind
躲在……之后
Some hide behind the mask of performance.
有些人躲在“表现”这个面具后!

剧情百科

纸终将包不住火,最后,莎拉还是知道了圣泰就是神秘的约会顾问,而发现了这一切之后,莎拉到底要不要决定将圣泰登在报纸头条上呢?……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.And I can show that to you-- ______ ______ I can make an attempt.
我可以展示给你们看-,至少我可以尝试一下。

2.Finally, America is not ______ ______ ______ ______ war, as opinion polls demonstrate.
最后,美国没情绪打另一场战争,正如民意测验所证明的那样。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.Be it that you are poor, I will still love you.
即使你穷,我还会爱你。。

2.If they do, we will tell you what is happening and work to put them right.
如果问题确实发生,我们将告诉公众发生了什么事情并努力(使一切)恢复正常。

分享到
重点单词
  • exchangen. 交换,兑换,交易所 v. 交换,兑换,交易
  • maskn. 面具,面罩,伪装 v. 戴面具,掩饰,遮盖
  • observationn. 观察,观察力,评论 adj. 被设计用来观察的
  • secrecyn. 秘密,保密,隐蔽
  • performancen. 表演,表现; 履行,实行 n. 性能,本事
  • guardedadj. 谨慎的,提防的,被防卫的 动词guard的过去
  • demonstratevt. 示范,演示,证明 vi. 示威