看电影《全民情敌》学英语第39期:混蛋的下场
日期:2013-10-23 19:10

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

That's him.
就是他
Vance, is that you?
范斯?是你吗?
Yeah, hey there, beautiful.
你好,大美女
Sara Melas, from the Standard.
《标竿日报》的莎拉蜜拉丝
I'd like to discuss the dating consultant you hired...
谈谈你跟雀喜约会前…
before you went out with Casey Sedgewick.
找的顾问吧
You don't wanna talk, that's fine. I'm going to write this anyway.
你不想谈,好吧,我还是会写的
You just earned yourself a photo with a boldface caption.
你的照片等着上报了
What? Nice.
什么?这可好了
I can only imagine how the trading floor guys will react when they see this.
我能想像交易员们 看到这条新闻的反应
You have no proof, no facts.
你没有凭据、没有事实
Vance, I'm a gossip columnist, not the DA.
我是八卦记者,不是检察官
Okay, how much will it cost me to stay out of this?
我要花多少钱才能摆平这事?
I don't want money. I want a name.
我不要钱,我要名字
I don't know his name. - Well, what do you know?
我不知道他的名字 那你知道什么?
I know this.
我知道这个
All this for a lousy lay.
就为了一个不怎样的女人
Are we satisfied?
满意了吗?
Almost.
差不多了
No, you... You got to be...
你... 你不会吧…


妙语佳句

1.boldface
n. 黑体字;粗体铅字
I've emphasized the key portion in boldface.
我用粗体强调了其中的关键部分。

2.lousy
adj. 讨厌的;多虱的;污秽的;极坏的
I believe that money is a lousy way of keeping score.
我认为,金钱是一种保持自己成绩的极坏方法。

剧情百科

莎拉总有办法弄到自己想要的信息,这次,她为雀喜两肋插刀,找到了范斯孟森这个混蛋,并顺利地套出了圣泰的联系方式……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.So how can you ______ ______ on all of this free travel?
那么你该如何兑现所有这些免费的旅行?

2.Day before yesterday, I entered the school,______ ______.
前天我偶然到学校去了一趟。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.I At least won’t be bored to death like I am here.
至少我不会像现在这样无聊死。

2.Europe and the U.S. want China to step into a leadership role.
欧洲和美国想要中国进入一个领导角色。

分享到
重点单词
  • gossipn. 流言蜚语,闲话,爱说长道短的人 vi. 散播(流言
  • reactvt. 作出反应 vi. 起反应,起作用,反攻
  • captionn. 说明文字 v. 给(图片、照片等)加说明文字
  • scoren. 得分,刻痕,二十,乐谱 vt. 记分,刻划,划线,
  • portionn. 部分,份,命运,分担的责任