看电影《全民情敌》学英语第35期:如期赴约
日期:2013-10-15 18:59

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Hi. I wasn't sure you got my message.
我还以为你没听到我留言
I wasn't sure you called the right guy. You must be a glutton for punishment.
我还以为你打错电话了 你一定很喜欢自虐
Either that or I really wanna pay you back.
或者是我真的很想报复
I think this is yours.
我想这是你的
Thank you. I'm gonna frame this for my wall of shame.
谢谢,我要把这挂在丢脸墙上
Really? There's a whole wall?
真的?你有一整面墙?
So what are we getting into?
我们今晚要干嘛?
Ever been to a food rave before?
你参加过美食讲座吗?
Happens once a month, all around the city. Different chefs, different venues.
每个月举办一次 不同的厨师、不同的地点
I can stand the heat, if that's what you mean.
我不怕热
You any good in the kitchen?
你会烹饪吗?
Good. Because that's my boss and his wife right over there.
很好,因为我老板 跟他老婆就在那里
Interesting.
真有趣
Well, here's a concept: We're paying to cook our own food.
这是一个想法:我们付钱来煮菜
Here's another concept: Shut up. It's an evening out.
另一个是:闭嘴啦 我们是出来吃饭
The longer you're married, the less you go out.
结婚越久,就越不常出来吃
In a couple of years, we're gonna end up bricked into our apartment like a Poe story.
过几年我们就会关在家里发臭了
So, Louise, are you in the newspaper business, also?
露易丝,你也在报界做事?
No, I'm a psychiatrist.
不,我是心理医师
Well, that's the last thing I'm gonna say tonight.
那我就不多说了 以免被心理分析


妙语佳句

1.punishment
n. 惩罚;严厉对待,虐待
Their jailers dished out their punishment.
狱卒们向他们滥施惩罚

2.venues
n. 场地,场馆(venue复数形式);犯罪现场,发生地点
They want to be closer to their jobs, closer to big-city restaurants and entertainment venues.
他们想住在离工作场所更近的地方,更接近大城市的各种餐馆和娱乐场所。

剧情百科

莎拉为了挖消息而跟圣泰约会,一无所知的圣泰如期赴约了,不知道莎拉的葫芦里到底卖的到底是什么药呢……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words

1.There's no way to ______ ______ the work.
无法逃避做这项工作。

2.We must ______ ______ ______ to the expense of the trip.
我们必须限制这次旅行的费用。

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.On the way home, his anger slowly cooled.
在回家的路上,他的愤怒渐渐地平息下来。

2.You don't have to keep on with your commitments month after month and year after year.
你不需要一月有一月、一年接一年地保持你的承诺。

分享到
重点单词
  • framen. 框,结构,骨架 v. 构成,把 ... 框起来,陷
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • ravev. 极力赞扬,说胡话,咆哮 n. 喧闹的宴会,极力赞扬
  • conceptn. 概念,观念
  • psychiatristn. 精神病医师,精神病学家
  • entertainmentn. 娱乐