电影《美国颂歌》第05期: 不准插队!
日期:2013-07-20 19:49

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

What we need is someone who really, really hates America.
我们需要的是一个非常非常 痛恨美国的好莱坞导演
(Man) Is the camera on? OK, action. Ahem.
摄像机就位了? 好,开拍!
I am on the island paradise, Cuba,
我现在身处于天堂岛国-古巴
where there's a hospital on every block.
在这里每一个街区都有一家医院
As we can see, Cubans have the very best health care in the world.
我们可以看到 古巴人拥有世界上最好的医保系统
Not like America, where it can kill you.
不像在美国,医保系统 可以要了你的命
I've got two Americans here, Bob and Joan Friedman,
我在这里找到了两个美国人 Bob和Joan Friedman
injured during Hurricane Katrina, caused by you know who.
他们在由“神秘人”引起的 卡特里娜飓风中受了伤
But haven't been able to get an American doctor
但直到现在他们都没法找到一个美国医生
to pay a house call to their gated community in Shaker Heights.
到他们的封闭社区上门治疗
- (Man) Another mojito! - Why? Because we're spending money
- 再来一杯mojito!(古巴鸡尾酒) - 为什么?因为我们把经费花在...
on military buildup for this phony war on terror.
这个虚假反恐战争的巨大军费上
Doctor, we just want the same care you give your own people.
医生,我们只想要和你们人民一样的医疗保健
Oh, oh! Comrades!
喔,同志们
- (Man) End of the line, gringo! - (Man 2) No skipping!
- 美国佬,排到队尾去! - 不准插队!
Cuba is famous for its free prescription drug plan.
古巴因为她为病人提供的 免费药物而闻名世界
- Take these. - OK. -
拿着 - 好
What do you have for me?
你能给我开什么药?
- Sí, se? Or. Take two. - (Exhaling) Huh?
- 你拿两个 - 哈!
These are breath mints.
这是薄荷糖啊!
OK, pal, there ya go.
嘿,兄弟,拿着
Free. That'll make you feel better.
免费哦,它能让你感觉好些
- There you go. - Huh?
- 拿着 - 啊?
Free. You know, in America, that'd cost an arm and a leg.
免费,在美国这些药钱 会使你缺胳膊少腿(俚:花费巨大)
- Aw, jeez. Dude. - Sorry.
- 天啊 - 抱歉
That's OK, Paco, you'll be back on your feet in no time.
别担心,你很快就能重新站起来的
- Cuba. More... - Ready...
- 古巴,不只是 - 准备
- than the jewel... - Aim...
- 加勒比海的... - 瞄准
- A country that cares for its citizens. - (Woman) Finally, we can move up! -
一个真正关心自己的人民的国家 - 这终于队伍可以往前挪了
- of the Caribbean. - Fire! -
一串明珠 - 开火
God! This is paradise!
这里简直就是天堂
I gotta get back, but I can be assured that my American friends
我要回去了 但我可以保证我的美国朋友们...
are in good hands in the Cuban health care system.
能在古巴的医保系统下得到照顾

重点讲解
重点单词:
1、injure
vt. 伤害,损害
A number of bombs have exploded, seriously injuring at least five people.
一些炸弹爆炸了,至少5人严重受伤。
2、community
n. 社区;[生态] 群落;共同体;团体
He's well liked by people in the community.
他很受社区人们的喜爱。
3、prescription
n. 药方;指示;惯例
adj. 凭处方方可购买的
The new drug will not require a physician's prescription.
这种新药不需要医生的处方。
4、assure
vt. 保证;担保;使确信;弄清楚
He hastened to assure me that there was nothing traumatic to report.
他急忙向我保证没有任何不快的事要报告。
重点短语:
1、be able to
v. 会;能够
We want a man who must be able to cost.
我们需要一个能计算成本的人。
2、in no time
立刻,很快
I shut him up in no time.
只不过我很快就让他闭嘴了。
考考你:
1、请尽量不要伤害到树木和植物的根系。
2、我们的两个最大优点是多样性和团体精神。
3、我知道有个人能提供你所需要的东西。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、He cheated the law by suicide.
2、Do they bother about punctuality in your job?
3、She has plenty of imagination.

分享到
重点单词
  • prescriptionn. 药方,对策,开处方
  • communityn. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落
  • assuredadj. 确实的,保障的,有自信的 动词assure的过
  • terrorn. 恐怖,惊骇,令人惧怕或讨厌的人或事物
  • hurricanen. 飓风,飓风般猛烈的东西 adj. 有防风罩的
  • physiciann. 内科医生
  • assurevt. 使确信,使放心,确保
  • blockn. 街区,木块,石块 n. 阻塞(物), 障碍(物)
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • botherv. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心 n. 烦扰,麻烦,焦急