每天记住5个"烦人"单词第43期:超人总动员
日期:2012-01-09 16:55

(单词翻译:单击)

词汇学习I said, "Girl, I don't want to know about your mildmannered alter ego."
我说:拜托,我才不想知道你温柔的一面。
I mean, you tell me you're a supermega ultra-lightning babe,
尽管向我展露你超级霹雳劲爆的一面。——《超人总动员》

mild-mannered: 温柔的
mild adj. 温和的,柔和的
He has a mild nature.
他的性格温和。

ego n. 自我,自负,自尊
We can't transcend the limitations of the ego.
我们无法超越自我的局限性。
That failure was a blow to my ego.
那项失败是对我自尊心的一个打击。

A highspeed pursuit between police and armed gunmen is underway,
警方和持枪歹徒正在圣巴罗大道,
Traveling northbound on San Pablo Ave.
展开一场惊险的飞车追逐。——《超人总动员》

pursuit: 追赶,追求
We work hard in pursuit of happy life.
我们为追求幸福生活而努力工作。
We immediately set out in pursuit of the enemy.
我们立即出动追击敌人。

Woman: My cat, Squeaker, won't come down.
我的猫喵喵不肯下来。
Incredible: Certainly. I suggest you stand clear. There could be trouble.
没问题,不过请你让开。可能会有危险。
Woman: No, he's quite tame.
不会啦,它很乖的。——《超人总动员》

tame: 驯服的,顺从的
A boy was playing with a tame snake.
一个男孩在玩一条驯服了的蛇。
She is too tame.
她太柔顺了。

Elastigirl: I have a previous engagement.
我已经有约了。——《超人总动员》

previous: 以前的,早先的
His previous attempts had been unsuccessful.
他以前的尝试没有成功。
My mind flashed back to our previous meeting.
我又想起了我们上次会面时的情景 。

翻译练习那种尖利刻薄的话语伤害了她的自尊心。

尽管他十分恼火,他还是态度温和地回答了。

优悠自在的生活,是一个难以追求的东西。

我们在动物园看到的动物都很驯服。

你过去有过工作经验吗?

参考答案The caustic remark dented her ego.
那种尖利刻薄的话语伤害了她的自尊心。

He gave a mild answer, in spite of his anger.
尽管他十分恼火,他还是态度温和地回答了。

A life of ease is a difficult pursuit.
优悠自在的生活,是一个难以追求的东西。

The animals we find in the zoo are quite tame.
我们在动物园看到的动物都很驯服。

Have you had previous career experience?
你过去有过工作经验吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • spiten. 恶意,怨恨 vt. 刁难,伤害
  • unsuccessfuladj. 失败的;不成功的
  • engagementn. 婚约,订婚,约会,约定,交战,雇用,(机器零件等)
  • incredibleadj. 难以置信的,惊人的
  • previousadj. 在 ... 之前,先,前,以前的
  • tameadj. 驯服的,柔顺的,乏味的 vt. 驯养,使 ..
  • mildadj. 温和的,柔和的
  • causticadj. 腐蚀性的,刻薄的,[物]焦散的 n. 腐蚀物,
  • transcendv. 超越,胜过
  • alterv. 改变,更改,阉割,切除