看10部美剧 认识每一个不同的妈妈:得理不饶人的妈妈
日期:2011-11-22 15:02

(单词翻译:单击)

看10部美剧 认识每一个不同的妈妈《老友记》得理不饶人的妈妈
Mrs. Geller: (to Monica) Your grandmother would have hated this.
你姥姥不会喜欢的。
Monica: Well, sure, what with it being her funeral and all.
肯定啦,这毕竟是她的葬礼嘛。
Mrs. Geller: No, I'd be hearing about 'Why didn't I get the honey-glazed ham?',I didn't spend enough on flowers, and if I spent more she'd be saying 'Why are you wasting your money? I don't need flowers, I'm dead'.

不是,我能听见她抱怨为啥我就吃不到蜜汁火腿?我买的花又太少了,可是我要买多,她又会说干嘛费钱啊?要那么多花干嘛,我都死了。
Monica: That sounds like Nana.
像姥姥会说的话。
Mrs. Geller: Do you know what it's like to grow up with someone who is critical of every single thing you say?
你知道从小到大跟这么一个成天拿你说的话挑刺儿的人一起生活是什么感觉么?
Monica: ...I can imagine.
我能想象。
Mrs. Geller: I'm telling you, it's a wonder your mother turned out to be the positive, life-affirming person that she is.
跟你说吧,你妈妈我能长成这么一个积极向上、热爱生活的范儿也实属奇迹了。
Monica: That is a wonder. So tell me something, Mom. If you had to do it allover again, I mean, if she was here right now, would you tell her?
的确是个奇迹。妈,问你哈,如果你能从头再来一次,如果她现在就在你面前,你会对她说实话么?
Mrs. Geller: Tell her what?
说什么?
Monica: How she drove you crazy, picking on every little detail, like your hair... for example.
说她快把你逼疯了,对你这么吹毛求疵,连你的……头发都不放过,比方哈。
Mrs. Geller: I'm not sure I know what you're getting at.
我不明白你在说个啥。
Monica: Do you think things would have been better if you'd just told her the truth?
你觉着如果你早对她说实话,情况会好点么?
Mrs. Geller: ...No. I think some things are better left unsaid. I think it's nicer when people just get along.
不会啦。我觉得有些事情还是不说的好。顺其自然比较好。
Monica: Huh.
好吧。
Mrs. Geller: More wine, dear?
还要喝点酒么,亲爱的?
Monica: Oh, I think so.
好吧。
Mrs. Geller: (reaches out to fiddle with Monica's hair again, and realises)Those earrings look really lovely on you.
你戴这个耳环真好看。
Monica: Thank you. They're yours.
谢谢。是你给的。
Mrs. Geller: Actually they were Nana's.
其实也是姥姥给的。

分享到
重点单词
  • unsaidadj. 未说出口的;未用语言表达出来的 v. 取消;撤
  • criticaladj. 批评的,决定性的,危险的,挑剔的 adj. 临