(单词翻译:单击)
词汇讲解► I'm trying to ascertain if she joined the SS freely, hmm? Of her own free will.
我只是想确认她加入党卫军是否出于自愿。
ascertain: 确认,确定
I ascertain that he was murdered.
我确定他是被谋杀的。
I ascertained the disease to be diphtheria.
我确定该病为白喉。
I'm going to ascertain the truth.
我要查明真相。
► Hanna: I was working at Siemens when I heard the SS was recruiting.
我在西门子工作时,听说党卫军在招人。
recruit: 招募,征兵,招聘
We are having difficulties in recruiting well-qualified staff.
我们难以招募到素质好的职员。
His job was to recruit for the army.
他的工作是为陆军募兵。
We lower the standards in order to recruit real talents.
我们降低标准是为了招纳真正的人才。
► I started out believing in this trial. I thought it was great.
我一开始还相信这将是场伟大的审判。
Now, I think it's... it's just a diversion.
现在,我觉得这只不过是在转移视线。
-Rohl: Yes? Diversion from what?
是吗?从哪里转移视线?
diversion: 注意力(从工作、关心的事物等处的)分散
A smoke bomb created a diversion while the robbery took place.
劫案发生时,一枚烟雾弹转移了人们的视线。
One of the gang created a diversion in the street while the others robbed the bank.
一名匪徒在街上制造事端引人注目,其余匪徒则抢劫银行。
► You'd be charged, you might even be executed?
你们会受到惩罚,甚至处决?
execute: 处决
The general gave the word to execute the deserters.
将军下令处决逃兵。
► Lawyer: I don't see how that's appropriate.
我认为这不合适。
appropriate: 合适的
You will be informed of the details at the appropriate time.
在适当的时候将把详情告诉你。
Plain, simple clothes are appropriate for school wear.
简单朴素的衣服适合在学校里穿。
翻译练习你能否查明他是何许人?
要聘请到素质好的老师是很困难的。
我认为你最后的那个论点是在转移目标,以便我们忘掉要点。
他们把国王处决了。
运动服用于正式婚礼中是不适当的
参考答案Can you ascertain who he is?
你能否查明他是何许人?
It's difficult to recruit teachers of quality.
要聘请到素质好的老师是很困难的。
I think your last argument was a diversion to make us forget the main point.
我认为你最后的那个论点是在转移目标,以便我们忘掉要点。
They executed the king.
他们把国王处决了。
Sports clothes are not appropriate for a formal wedding.
运动服用于正式婚礼中是不适当的。