(单词翻译:单击)
讲解注释►— The Harry Potter manuscrip? You're kidding.
《哈利•波特》的手稿?你开玩笑吧?
— Uh, sorry to ask, but I'm desperate.
抱歉打扰,但我也是穷途末路。——《时尚女魔头》
desperate adj. 绝望的,不顾一切的,走投无路的
I had no money left and was desperate.
我一点钱都没有了,简直绝望了。
They made a desperate plea for help.
他们不顾一切地恳求帮助。
Circumstances compelled him to be desperate.
环境迫使他不顾一切。
►— The piece is called "urban jungle", right?
这是在拍那组都市丛林,对吧?
— Yes, the modern woman unleashes the animal within to take on the big city.
是的。现代女性通过释放内在的野性来政府城市。——《时尚女魔头》
urban adj. 城市的,都市的
In some developing countries more and more people are migrating to urban areas.
在某些发展中的国家,越来越多的人向市区迁移。
This play is the image of contemporary urban life.
这个剧本是当代城市生活的生动写照。
unleash v. 释放
May you unleash a storm of affection on your loved ones.
愿你将狂风暴雨般的情感倾注到你所爱的人身上。
Go at once, or I will unleash my dog on you!
立刻走,要不我就放我的狗咬你!
►Before the benefit tonight, I need to make sure that you're both fully prepped on the guest list.
在今晚的慈善晚会开始之前,我要求你们两个都背好了来宾名单。——《时尚女魔头》
prep v. /n. Prep a surface for painting.
准备一个平面来作画
Daily practices are the best prep for the upcoming track meet.
每天训练是为即将到来的田径运动会所作的最好准备。
►Well, I don't know. It's a huge imposition.
我也说不好。你这可真是强人所难。——《时尚女魔头》
imposition n. 强迫接受
It's an imposition to ask the workers to work sixteen hours a day.
要求工人每天工作十六个小时,真是太过份了。
I'd like to stay if it's not too much of an imposition on you.
要是不给你添太多麻烦的话,我倒是愿意留下来。
impose v. 强迫,强加
We must not impose our view s on others.
我们不能把自己的观点强加于人。
We could not impose our own standards on others.
我们不能把我们的标准强加于他人。翻译练习
他因失败而铤而走险。
你会发现都市生活中有许多便利之处。
他干嘛对我发脾气?
史蒂夫,请带他们去准备一下。
别试图把你的信仰强加在别人头上。参考答案
His failure made him desperate.
他因失败而铤而走险。
You can find out many advantages in urban life.
你会发现都市生活中有许多便利之处。
Why did he unleash his anger on me?
他干嘛对我发脾气?
Steve, can you bring them to prep, please.
史蒂夫,请带他们去准备一下。
Do not try to impose your belief upon others.
别试图把你的信仰强加在别人头上。