电影片段精讲《纽约.我爱你》-别把屁股摔坏了
日期:2010-06-10 13:53

(单词翻译:单击)

台词欣赏

剧情提示:

这是本片的第11个片段,讲的是一对老夫妻去海边的故事,他们在路上的吵架也是很温情很有趣的...

Old Lady: Lift your feet. You don't lift your feet.

Old Gentleman: I'm lifting my feet.

Old Lady: No, you're shuffling. The doctor said you should lift your feet.

Old Gentleman: I'm lifting, I'm lifting.

Old Lady: You want you should fall down, break your other hip?

Old Gentleman: At least then the pain would be the same on both sides.

Old Lady: Equal. Everything always has to be equal with you.

Old Gentleman: I'm a democratic sort of fellow.

Old Lady: Well, see how democratic you feel when you fall down and break your other hip.

Old Gentleman: I'm not breaking any hips. Is there some place you got to get to later? What is your hurry?

Old Lady: My hurry is I want to get there before next week. At the rate you walk...

Old Gentleman: You want faster? Divorce me and get yourself a younger man. Tom Cruise, perhaps.

Old Lady: You think you're funny?

Old Gentleman: I do, as a matter of fact.

Old Lady: Then what would you do, Mr. Smarty-pants? Mr. I'm so independent, I don't need any help opening the pickle jar.

Old Gentleman: I got caught in a pickle.

Old Lady: You'd still be putting on your jacket if it wasn't for me.

口语讲解

1. The doctor said you should lift your feet.

A说B应该做某事,在英语上就是A said B should do sth. 这里的should是情态动词,通常用来表示现在或将来的责任或义务,译作“应该”、“应当”,这时它可以和 ought to, be supposed to 互换使用。

You should (= are supposed to ) complete your test in time.
你们应该按时做完你们的实验。

You should (= ought to ) tell your mother about it at once.
你应该立即把此事告诉你妈妈。

In sum, theory should be combined with practice.
总之,理论应该与实验相结合。

口语扩展-英语中吵架必备句子

1.You make me sick. 你真让我恶心。
2.What's wrong with you ? 你怎么回事?
3.I'm very disappointed.真让我失望。
4.Damn you.见鬼
5.You are a jerk.你这个废物/混球
6.Don't talk to me like that!别这样和我说话
7.Who do you think you are?你以为你是谁?
8.What's you problem?你怎么回事?
9.I hate you.我讨厌你。
10.I don't want to see you again.我不愿再见到你。
11.You are crazy.你疯了!
12.Are you insane/crazy out of your mind?你疯了吗?
13.Don't bother you.别烦我
14.Knock it off.少来这一套
15.Get out of my face.从我面前消失
16.Leave me alone.走开
17.Get lost.滚开
18.Take a hike.哪儿凉快去哪儿歇着
19.You piss me off 你气死我了
20.It's none of your business.关你屁事。
21.What's the meaning of this.这是什么意思?
22.How dare you!你敢
23.Cut it out.省省吧。
24.You Stupid jerk!你这个蠢货
25.You have a lot of never.你脸皮真厚
26.I'm fed up.我厌倦了。
27.I can't take it anymore。我受不了。
28.I've had enough of you garbage.我听腻了你这些废话
29.shut up 住嘴
30.What do you want.你想怎样
31.Do you know what time is it?你知道现在几点了吗?
32.What were you thinking?你脑子进水了
33.How can you say that?你怎么可以这样说?
34.Who says?谁说
35.That's what you think 那才是你脑子想的
36.Don't look at me like that.别这样看着我
37.What did you say?你说什么
38.You are out of your mind 你脑子有病
39.You make me so mad 你气死我了
40.Drop dead 去死吧
41.Don't give me your shit 别跟我胡扯
42.Don't give me you excuse/no more excuse.别找接口
43.Monsense 鬼话
44.You're a pain in the ass你这个讨厌鬼
45.You're an asshole你这个缺德鬼
46.You asked for it你自找的
47.Get over yourself你别自以为是
48.You're nothing to me 你对我什么都不是
49.It's not my fault不是我的错
50.You look guilty你看上去心虚
51.I can't help it 我没有办法
52.That's your problem那是你的问题
53.I don't want to hear it我不想听
54.Get off my back 少跟我啰唆
55.Give me a break 饶了我吧
56.Who do you think you'er talking to你以为你在跟谁说话
57.Look at this mess看看这烂摊子
58.You are so careless你真粗心
59.Why on earth didn't you tell me the truth你到底为什么不给我说实话
60.I'm about to esplode 我的肺都气炸了
61.What a stupid idiot.真是一个白痴
62.I'm not going to put up with this我再也受不了啦
63.I never want to see your face again我再也不要见到你
64.That's terrible真糟糕
65.I wish I had never met you我真后悔这辈子遇到你
66.Just look at what you've done看看你做了些什么
67.You're a disgrace你真丢人
68.I'll never forgive you我永远都不会饶恕你
69.Don't nag me 别在我面前唠叨
70.I'm sick of it我都腻味了
71.Don't you dare come back again你敢再回来
72.Stop screwing/fooling/messing around!别鬼混了
73.Mind you own business管好你自己的事情
74.You'er just a good for nothing bum真是一个废物
75.You're gone too far你太过分了
76.I loathe you 我讨厌你
77.I detest/hate you我恨你
78.Get the hell out of here滚开
79.Don't be that way别这样
80.Can't you do anything right成事不足败事有余
81.You're impossible你真是不可救药
82.Don't touch me 别碰我
83.Get away from me 离我远一点
84.Get out of my life 我不愿再见你
85.You'll be sorry 你会后悔的
86.Don't give me you attitude别跟我摆架子
87.You're a joke你真是个小丑
88.We're through我们完了
89.Look at the mess you're made你搞的一团糟
90.You're ruined everthing全都让你搞砸了
91. I can't believe you never你好大胆子
92.You're away too far你太过分了
93.I can't take you anymore我再也受不了你了
94.I'm telling you for the last time我最后告诉你
95.I could kill you 我宰了你

语法讲解

1.You want you should fall down, break your other hip?

这里的should是情态动词,用在条件状语从句中,表示语气较强的假设,译作“万一”、“竟然”,这时也可将 should 置于从句之首,即将 should 放在主语前面,而省略从属连词 if。例如:

If you should fail to come, ask Mrs Chen to work in your place. (= Should you fail to come, ask Mrs Chen to work in your place. )

万一你来不了,就叫陈夫人代替你。

If anyone should come, say I am not at home. (= Should anyone come, say I am not at home. )

万一有人来访,就说我不在家。

If it should rain tomorrow, I wouldn't go. (= Should it rain tomorrow, I wouldn't go.)

万一明天天下雨,我就不去了。

词汇解释

1.lift vt. 升高,举起

The good news lifted my spirits.
这好消息使我精神大振。

2.shuffle v. 拖曳,慢吞吞地走

The prisoners shuffled along the corridor and into their cells.
囚犯们沿着走廊拖着脚步进入牢房。

3.break v. 打破,弄破,弄坏

The dog bit me but didn't break the skin.
那狗咬了我一口,但是没有把皮咬破。

4.hip n. 臀部

He stood there with his hands on his hips.
他两手叉腰站在那里。

5.pain n. 痛苦,疼痛

He has a pain in the knee.
他膝盖酸痛。

6.equal adj. 相等的,平等的

Women demand equal pay for equal work.
妇女要求同工同酬。

7.democratic adj. 民主的,大众的,平等的

If we want to live a peaceful and democratic life, we cannot help object to war.
如果我们要过和平与民主的生活,一定要反对战争。

8.sort of adv. 有几分地,在某种程度上

It's sort of embarrassing.
这有点叫人难为情。

9.fellow n. 朋友,家伙

He is a friendly jovial fellow.
他是个和蔼而快乐的人。

10.hurry v. 匆忙,赶紧,催促 n. 匆忙,仓促,急忙

He was in a hurry to leave.
他急切地要离开。

11.rate n. 比率,等级,价格,速度

They drove at a steady rate.
他们以平稳的速度开车。

12.divorce n. 离婚,分离 vt. 与 ... 离婚,使分离

He divorced his wife.
他和他妻子离了婚。

13.perhaps adv. 也许,可能

Perhaps this book will prove to be of some use to you in your studies.
也许这本书会对你的研究有用处。

14.Smarty-pants n. 自以为是,自作聪明的家伙

15.independent adj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的

You should learn to be independent of your parents.
你应该学习不要依赖父母。

16.pickle jar n. 泡菜坛

17.pickle n. 腌汁,泡菜

词组解释

1.fall down 跌倒,失败

You must watch your step so as not to fall down.
你必须留心脚下才不会跌下去。

2.at least 至少

To go abroad to study, you should at least master the language.
要到国外读书,你最起码要掌握那种语言。

3.as a matter of fact 事实上

I'm going there tomorrow, as a matter of fact.
其实, 我明天是准备去那里。

As a matter of fact, business has come to a stop.
事实上, 业务已停止了。

4.get caught in 陷入,困住了

Do not get caught in that trap.
不要让你自己也落到这步境地。

Did you get caught in bad storm?
你们挨雨淋了吗?

5.put on vt. 穿上,戴上

The boy put on his breeches and went out for a ride.
男孩穿上马裤,出去骑马了。

参考译文

老妇人:抬脚走,你没抬脚走。

老绅士:我抬脚了。

老妇人:你那叫踱步,医生说你要抬脚走路。

老绅士:我抬了,我抬了。

老妇人:你还想摔倒?把另一半屁股也摔开花?

老绅士:那样至少半边都一样疼了,平等。

老妇人:平等,你什么都想平等。

老绅士:我可是信奉民主之人士。

老妇人:好吧,那就看看等你摔了另一半屁股,你是怎么民主的。

老绅士:我不会摔坏我的屁股。接下来还要去哪儿?你急忙忙的干什么?

老妇人:我急是想能在下周之前到那里,按你的速度就得下周到。

老绅士:你想快点?那你甩了我,给自己找个年轻小伙儿,比如汤姆.克鲁斯那样的。

老妇人:你觉得你很会搞笑是不是?

老绅士:我是很搞笑,这是事实。

老妇人:那么亲爱的自以为是先生,你要干吗?先生,我很独立,我不需要别人帮助就能开泡菜罐。

老绅士:我这个倒是不在行。

老妇人:你还是得穿好你的夹克衫,毕竟不是给我穿的。

影片简介

数不尽的摩天大楼,看不完的车水马龙,这里便是不可思议的纽约。怀揣各种梦想的人们,来自不同地域,处于不同境遇,他们巧遇在街头的小酒馆,邂逅在街角的路灯下,因为好奇而交谈,因为寂寞而吸引,在那个充满巧合的城市,演泽着别样的风情与不同浪漫。


  
本片由12个小短片混剪而成,是继《巴黎我爱你》之后的第二部“爱情城市”系列电影。十二位导演用自己独特的视角重新造访这座城市,他们用自己独特的方式展示了对于纽约的原创性看法。制片埃曼纽班毕伊表示此系列电影还将继续推出,2010年他们的目标锁定里约热内卢和上海两座城市。

练习题

翻译句子:

1.妈妈说汤姆做完作业才能看电视。

2.事实上,我一点儿都不喜欢夏天。

3.你那么着急干什么?

4.We should brush our teeth at least twice a day.

参考答案

1.Mom said Tom should finish his homework before watching TV.

2.As a matter of fact, I don't like summer at all.

3.What is your hurry?

4.我们每天应该至少刷两次牙。

分享到
重点单词
  • corridorn. 走廊
  • nagn. 小马,驽马,竞赛马 v. 不断地唠叨恼人,说话唠叨
  • trapn. 圈套,陷阱,困境,双轮轻便马车 v. 设圈套,陷入
  • guiltyadj. 有罪的,内疚的
  • independentadj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的 n. 独立派人士,无
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • steadyadj. 稳定的,稳固的,坚定的 v. 使稳固,使稳定,
  • democraticadj. 民主的,大众的,平等的
  • disappointedadj. 失望的
  • brushn. 刷子,画笔 n. 灌木丛 n. 小冲突,争吵 vt