双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第13章:古尔玛凯的日记(11)
日期:2017-02-15 14:20

(单词翻译:单击)

I had done a lot of television interviews and enjoyed speaking into the microphone so much that my friends would tease me.
我参加过很多次电视访谈,非常享受对着麦克风讲话的快乐,我是如此痴迷于此,以至于经常被朋友们打趣。
But I had never done anything like this.
但被跟拍,这还是头一遭。
'Be natural,' Irfan told me.
“自然一点。”伊凡告诉我。
That wasn't easy with a camera trained on me everywhere I went even as I brushed my teeth.
这有点难度,特别是在一台摄影机黏着你到处跑,就连刷牙都不放过的时候。
I showed them the uniform I couldn't wear and told them I was scared that if the Taliban caught me going to school they would throw acid in my face as they had done to girls in Afghanistan.
我向他们展示那件我无法再穿的校服,并告诉他们我很害怕。我担心如果塔利班发现我去上学,会往我脸上泼硫酸,就像他们在阿富汗对女孩子们做的那样。
We had a special assembly that final morning but it was hard to hear with the noise of helicopters overhead.
最后一天的早上,学校举办了一场特殊的聚会,但盘旋在头顶的直升机让我们难以听到噪音以外的其他声音。
Some of us spoke out against what was happening in our valley.
一些同学直言批判了发生在河谷的暴行。
The bell rang for the very last time, and then Madam Maryam announced it was the winter holidays.
学校的大钟最后一次响起,玛丽安女士宣布了寒假的到来。
But unlike in other years no date was announced for the start of next term.
但是,与往年不同的是,没有公布下学期开学的准确时间。
Even so, some teachers still gave us homework.
即便如此,有些老师还是布置了寒假作业。
In the yard I hugged all my friends.
在学校的庭院里,我拥抱了我的每一位朋友。
I looked at the honours board and wondered if my name would ever appear on it again.
我看着学校的光荣榜,心想着不知何时,我的名字会再一次出现在上面。
Exams were due in March but how could they take place?
3月份原本要大考,但以现在的情况还怎么考呢?
Coming first didn't matter if you couldn't study at all.
而且如果根本就不允许学习,当不当第一名还重要吗?
When someone takes away your pens you realise quite how important education is.
当有人夺走了你的笔,你才会真正意识到教育的重要性。

分享到