双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第13章:古尔玛凯的日记(8)
日期:2017-02-08 14:15

(单词翻译:单击)

He had asked for my father's advice.
阿富扎医生来征询我父亲的意见。
My father told him, 'Don't accept good things from bad people.'
父亲告诉他:“不要接受从邪恶之人手中拿到的善良的事物。”
A hospital protected by the Taliban was not a good idea so he refused.
一家依靠塔利班保护的医院不是一件好事,于是,阿富扎医生拒绝了。
Dr Afzal did not live far from us, so once we were safely home, my father insisted on going back with him in case he was targeted by the Taliban.
阿富扎医生跟我们家住得不远。在我们平安到家后,父亲坚持要陪他回去,以防不测。
As he and my father drove back, Dr Afzal nervously asked him, 'What names shall we give if they stop us?'
回去的路上,阿富扎医生紧张地问我父亲:“如果他们让我们停车,并询问我们的姓名,我们该怎么回答?”
'You are Dr Afzal and I am Ziauddin Yousafzai,' replied my father. 'These bloody people.
“你是阿富扎医生,而我是齐亚乌丁·优素福扎伊。”父亲回答道,“这是些嗜血之徒。
We haven't done anything wrong. Why should we change our names – that's what criminals do.'
我们什么错也没犯,为什么要报上假名——那是罪犯才会干的事。”
Fortunately the Taliban had disappeared.
幸好那些塔利班都消失了。
We all breathed a big sigh of relief when my father phoned to say they were safe.
当父亲打来电话报平安时,我们都长长地松了一口气。
I didn't want to give in either.
我也不打算投降。
But the Taliban's deadline was drawing closer: girls had to stop going to school.
但塔利班给出的期限已经越来越近了:女孩子们不准再去上学。
How could they stop more than 50,000 girls from going to school in the twenty-first century?
现在是21世纪,他们怎样能做到阻止五万多名女孩去学校上课呢?

分享到