双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第11章:聪明的班级(11)
日期:2016-12-14 10:53

(单词翻译:单击)

This is not the case.

这不是事实。

We are peace-loving.

我们热爱和平。

Our mountains, our trees, our flowers – everything in our valley is about peace.’

我们的山峦、我们的树林、我们的鲜花、我们的河谷中一草一木,都在诉说着和平。

A group of us girls gave an interview on ATV Khyber, the only privately owned Pashto television channel, about girls dropping out of school due to militancy.

学校里几位女同学受开伯尔电视频道采访——这是唯一一家普什图人拥有的私人电视台——谈论关于女孩们因为武装分子的威胁而辍学的事情。

Teachers helped us beforehand on how to respond to questions.

老师们事前指导过我们如何回答问题。

I wasn’t the only one to be interviewed.

节目不只访问了我一个人。

When we were eleven and twelve, we did them together, but as we turned thirteen or fourteen my friends’ brothers and fathers didn’t allow them

当我们只有十一二岁时,我们一起接受过采访;但当我们迈入十三四岁,我那些女同学的兄长、父亲就会禁止她们参与。

because they had entered puberty and should observe purdah and also they were afraid.

一方面因为她们已经进入青春期,应该遵守妇德;另一方面则是因为他们害怕这么做了之后,会有不好的下场。

One day I went on Geo, which is one of the biggest news channels in our country. There was a wall of screens in their office.

有一天,我接受了我们国家最大的新闻频道之一的访问,他们的办公室里有一面电视墙。

I was astonished to see so many channels.

当我看到这么多频道时,非常惊讶。

Afterwards I thought, The media needs interviews.

事后,我想:媒体需要访谈。

分享到