双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第11章:聪明的班级(7)
日期:2016-12-06 10:53

(单词翻译:单击)

Even though my father was not an elder or a khan, he was chosen as spokesperson as he was not afraid to speak out.

当年英国女王到访斯瓦特时,他是贴身保镖之一。

Though he was more poetic in Pashto, he could speak our national language, Urdu,

虽然我的父亲既不是一位长者也不是部落首领,却因为他的敢于直言而被选为发言人。

and English fluently, which meant he was an effective communicator outside Swat as well as inside.

虽然相较而言,他说起母语来更具诗意,但他的官方语言,乌尔都语,以及英语都非常流利,这使他无论对内或对斯瓦特以外的人,都能顺畅地交流沟通。

Every day, on behalf of the Swat Council of Elders, he was at seminars or on the media challenging Fazlullah.

每天,他都代表斯瓦特长者议会出席研讨会,或在媒体上批评法兹鲁拉。

‘What are you doing?’ he would ask.

你知道自己在做什么吗?父亲质问道,

‘You are playing havoc with our lives and our culture.’

你把摧残我们的性命和我们的文化当作一场游戏。

My father would say to me, ‘Any organisation which works for peace, I will join.

父亲对我说:任何为和平而努力的组织,我都会参加。

If you want to resolve a dispute or come out from conflict, the very first thing is to speak the truth.

解决纷争或摆脱争端最重要也是最初的一步,就是说出真相。

If you have a headache and tell the doctor you have a stomach ache, how can the doctor help? You must speak the truth.

如果你头痛,却跟医生说你胃痛,那医生怎么帮你呢?你一定要说真话,

The truth will abolish fear.’

真相将消解恐惧。

分享到