双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第9章:电台毛拉(23)
日期:2016-10-30 14:29

(单词翻译:单击)

I was in the back with my mother.

我和母亲坐在后座。

My cousin quickly gave us his music cassettes to hide in our purses.

堂兄急急忙忙地把他的录音带塞进我们的提包里。

The Taliban were dressed in black and carried Kalashnikovs. They told us, ‘Sisters, you are bringing shame.

身穿黑衣服的塔利班带着突击步枪靠近车子,他看着我和母亲说:姐妹们,你们应该为自己感到羞耻。

You must wear burqas.’

你们应该穿上罩袍。

When we arrived back at school after Eid, we saw a letter taped to the gate.

开斋节告一段落,当我们返回学校时,看见学校的大门上贴着一封信。

‘Sir, the school you are running is Western and infidel,’ it said.

上面写道:先生,你所经营的学校崇尚西方教育和异教思维。

‘You teach girls and have a uniform that is un-Islamic.

你让女孩子上学读书,而且校服也不符合伊斯兰教的教义。

Stop this or you will be in trouble and your children will weep and cry for you.’ It was signed, ‘Fedayeen of Islam’.

停止你的恶行,否则你是在给自己找麻烦。最后,你的孩子会哭着帮你送终。署名是伊斯兰游击队。

My father decided to change the boys’ uniform from shirt and trousers to shalwar kamiz, baggy pyjama-like trousers and a long shirt.

父亲决定把男孩们的制服从衬衫、长裤换成沙尔瓦尔克米兹,也就是一条宽松的像睡裤一样的长裤配一条长T恤。

Ours remained a royal-blue shalwar kamiz with a white dupatta, or headscarf, and we were advised to keep our heads covered coming in and out of school.

女生的服装保持不变,还是宝蓝色的沙尔瓦尔克米兹,但是配上了一条都帕塔,也就是一条长长的头巾。同时,校方建议我们出入校门时记得把头脸都遮好。

分享到