中国寓言故事双语版 第10期:以羊易牛
日期:2015-05-30 14:19

(单词翻译:单击)

以羊易牛.jpg

One day, seated in the ancestral hall, King Hui of Liang saw a man leading an ox pass by. He asked:
一天,梁惠王坐在庙堂上,看到堂下有一个人牵着一头牛走过,便问道:
"Where are you taking the ox?"
“你把牛牵到哪儿去啊?”
The man leading the ox stopped and answered:
牵牛的人停下来回答说:
"I am taking it to be slaughtered and will use its blood to paint the bell."
“我要把这头牛牵去杀掉,用它的血来涂钟。”
As King Hui heard this, he felt pity for the ox and said:
惠王听了,对牛十分怜悯,说:
"How can that be done? You are too cruel. Let it go at once.
“那怎么行呢!你们太残忍了,赶快把牛放掉。
It is not guilty. How can you kill it? I cannot bear to see it panic-stricken, shedding tears and trembling before its death."
它没有罪,怎么能把它杀掉呢?我不忍心看到牛临死前惊恐、流泪、战栗的样子。”
The man leading the ox asked:
牵牛的人问道:
"Do you mean that I shall let the ox go and not paint the bell? Is that it?"
“您的意思是要我把牛放了,不必再涂钟了,是吗?”
King Hui answered:
惠王回答说:
"What are you saying? How can you not paint the bell! Let the ox go, but use a sheep instead."
“你在说什么?钟怎么能不涂呢!把牛放了,就换只羊吧!”

分享到