(单词翻译:单击)
The U.S. is a huge country, almost everyone drives on weekdays, except for those who live in the east coast area which is samll but densely populated, like the New York city, therefore, "drive-thru" culture becomes particularly welcome.
美国由于幅员广大,除了东岸如纽约市等地窄人稠的都市外,大家平日都开车,因此"drive-thru"的饮食文化也格外地受欢迎
。literally speaking, "drive-thru" is "drive-through", in Chinese it means "开过去", "thru" is an informal form of the word "through", its Chinese version is "得来速".
从字义上来看,"drive-thru"即为"drive-through",意指“开过去”,thru为through的口语非正式拼法,中译为“得来速”
"drive-thru" means you can place an order through menu board and Window intercom; "queue" is used to describe the long line of cars waiting.
整个词指无须下车就可以透过menu board和窗口对讲机点餐的服务,而在等待点餐的长长车龙,我们则称为queue
。The whole procesure can be divided into three steps, and served by three windows: Order — Pay — Pick Up
整个流程分为三个步骤, 三个窗口: 点餐 —— 结账 —— 领取食物
Step 1: Order
(点餐)
Waiter: Hi, how are you doing?
窗口人员:嗨, 你好吗?
Jas: Hi, good. Can I get a hamburger?
贾斯:可以给我一个汉堡吗?
Waiter: With onions?
窗口人员:需要洋葱吗?
Jas: No.
贾斯:不需要
Waiter: Any fries?
窗口人员:要薯条吗?
Jas: No, that's it.
贾斯:不需要, 这样就够了
Waiter: Do you eat in the car?
窗口人员:在车上吃吗?
Jas: Yeah, in the car.
贾斯:是的, 在车上吃
Waiter: Nothing to drink?
窗口人员:不需要配什么软饮料吗?
Jas: No, no.
贾斯:不, 不需要
Waiter: Alright. That will be $2.01.
窗口人员:好的, 这里是2.01美元
Jas: Thank you.
贾斯:谢谢
Step 2: Pay
(结账)
Waiter: Hi, how are you?
窗口人员:嗨, 你好吗?
Jas: Hi, good.
贾斯:嗨, 很好
Waiter: That's a hamburger with no onions, correct?
窗口人员:你点了一个汉堡, 不要洋葱,对吗?
Jas: Yep.
贾斯:是的
Waiter: $2.01, please.
窗口人员:2.01美元, 谢谢
Waiter: Here's your receipt, have a nice day.
窗口人员:这是你的收据,祝你有个愉快的一天
Jas: Thank you.
贾斯:谢谢
Step 3: Pick Up
(领取食物)
Waiter: Hi, how are you? Hamburger with no onions?
窗口人员:嗨, 你好吗?你点了一个汉堡,不要洋葱,对吗?
Jas: Yeah.
贾斯:是的
Waiter: Hi, would you like ketchup? Just the chilies, rite?
窗口人员:嗨,你要番茄酱吗?只要辣酱,对吗?
Jas: Yeah, just the chilies.
贾斯:只要辣酱
Waiter: Here you are.
窗口人员:这是你的食物
Jas: Thank you.
贾斯:谢谢
Vocabulary
menu board: 菜单看板
queue: 长队, 行列
ketchup: 又称 tomato sauce, 即为“番茄酱”,源自马来文的“kĕchap”,后来变成英语里的ketchup
chilies: 单数chili,指红辣椒