关于十二生肖的故事,为何十二生肖没有猫
日期:2012-12-20 11:50

(单词翻译:单击)

A long time ago in China lived the Jade Emperor. It was his birthday. He wanted to measure time to know how old he was.
很久很久以前住着一位玉皇大帝,有一天他的生日到了,他想测量一下时间,好让他知道自己已经多少岁了。
All the animals arrived. The Emperor decided to have a race to give a name to each year of the Chinese Zodiac.
所有的小动物们都到了,玉帝决定举行一个比赛,来决定每一年的名字。
The rat and the cat couldn't swim very well.
老鼠和猫都不太会游泳,
"Can you take us across the river?"
(他们对牛说)"你能带我们过河吗?"
"Yes, jump and quick!"
"可以,快来上来吧。"
They swam across the river. Then the rat pushed the cat into the water and jumped on to land.
他们游到河边,然后老鼠把猫推下了河,自己跳到了岸上。(这就是为什么十二生肖中没有猫的原因了)
"Well done,Rat! The first year will be the Year of the Rat and the second will be the Year of the OX."
“干得好,老鼠! 第一年就是鼠年,第二年是牛年。”
"Look! Here's the tiger. He's very tired. The third year will be the Year of the Tiger."
“看!老虎来了。它很累,第三年就是虎年了。”
"The rabbit can't swim but he's very clever. The fourth year will be the Year of the Rabbit."
“兔子不会游泳但他很聪明,第四年就是兔年。”
"Why are you late, Dragon? You can fly!"
"龙,你为什么迟到了?你会飞啊!”
"I had to make some rain for thirsty people to drink."
“我必须给干渴的人们制造雨水。”(龙王爷是掌管下雨的)
"Well done! The fifth year is the Year of the Dragon."
“干得好!第五年就是龙年了!”
"What's this? I can hear a horse. No, it's a snake. So the snake has the sixth year."
“谁来了?我好像听到了马的声音。不,是蛇,所以第六年是蛇年。”
"Well done! It is good to see you working together! The goat is eighth, the monkey is ninth and rooster is tenth."
“干得好!很高兴看到你们齐心合力干活!第八是羊,第九是猴子,第十是鸡。”
“Sorry I'm late. The water is clean and I needed a bath."
" The eleventh is the Year of the Dog."
"抱歉,我来晚了。河水很干净,我得洗个澡。”
“第十一年就是狗年。”
Be“You are the last."
"你是最晚的。"
"Yes, I had to eat and sleep on the way."
“是的,我得在路上吃个饭、再睡个觉。”
"The last is the Year of the Pig."
“最后一年就是猪年吧。”
And that is how the Emperor chose the animals for Chinese Zodiac.
玉皇大帝就是这么排列中国的生肖的。

分享到
重点单词
  • measuren. 措施,办法,量度,尺寸 v. 测量,量
  • thirstyadj. 口渴的,渴望的