答客赞-我是一棵孤独的小草
日期:2012-11-11 10:41

(单词翻译:单击)

In Reply to a Friend's Compliments-
答客赞 —
I am a Solitary Blade of Grass
我是一棵孤独的小草
Why do you say I am a national treasure?
怎么你说我是个国宝?
No, pandas are the treasures of our nation!
不,熊猫才是中华的国宝!
I am nothing but a solitary blade of grass,
我是一棵孤独的小草,
In terms of figures,I am really quite slim.
论身材我的确十分苗条。

I 've been raised up with rains,dews and sunshine,
阳光雨露抚育我成长,
The blue sky and white clouds greet me with smiles;
蓝天白云向我点头微笑;
Pretty flowers have kept me company,
有百花为我作伴,
How can I be lonely,not happy and carefree?
我怎能孤独,而不快乐逍遥?

Sometimes I seem to be toppling down,
有时虽有点摇摇欲坠,
But I will never swing with the wind;
但我决不临风歪倒;
Or flow with the stream,
既不会随波飘流,
Nor do I win favor with crooked means.
更不会投机取巧。

Tempered in the smoke of war,
经历战火的磨练,
Tortured through the test of a hard life,
饱受生活的煎熬;
Even though I'm next to nothing,
我虽然微不足道,
Yet I'm a proud blade of grass!
却是一棵骄傲的小草!

分享到
重点单词
  • streamn. (人,车,气)流,水流,组 v. 流动,流出,飘动
  • bladen. 刀锋,刀口
  • solitaryadj. 孤独的,独立的,单个的,唯一的,荒凉的 n.
  • carefreeadj. 无忧无虑的,不负责的
  • swingn. 摇摆,改变,冲力 v. 摇摆,旋转,动摇